Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help the Dev team! Retail Saves

Comments

• SuzaMajkicSuzaMajkic Posts: 1 New Member
    You should make retail in Sims 4 just like Sims 2 Open For Business.. Home business, making toys, manufacturing robots, creating floral bouqets, Badges for sale, restoking and more. Did you forget about Servo !?! :)
  • 123w4123w4 Posts: 42 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I do have an LONG tim,e save file sine atleast the base game released or november 2014! On it i have some Retail stores but kinda nevr much use them becaus i donte like the buy tehr systhem! The Own your own part is much better wich is why imm Opening an Phtogalary and BockStor soon ingame! PS PL S Hurry with the Gameplay pack ! And if its restaurant i hope you inplent it to the retail systhem making the bakerys and cofes fell like ther reaL! Ther nearly never sit and eat ther that kinda sucks
    > @MicemSims said:
    > I don't have a save file I can give you right now, but I essentially would like it to be very similar Open for Business, or just like OFB altogether. That is my all time favourite expansion pack and I could spend hours on end playing with the OFB retail system. That's what I was really hoping the retail system in GTW would be like.
    >
    > I would really like to have the following implemented:
    > • Home businesses, which for me is a must.
    > • Ticket booth so I can own a nightclub or a gym etc.
    > • Rank system and customer loyalty system.
    > • Working cash registers and shopping bags where the customers can line up. Maybe if they get tired of waiting and it's taking too long they can do what they did in OFB and drop their shopping bags and walk out.
    > • Customers being able to sit down and eat in bakeries.
    > • Employees that actually do what they are suppose to do.
    > • Maybe bring back some of the special interactions you could unlock like determining what the customer was wanting to buy, look for mark etc.
    > • Setting individual items or grouping items together and setting their markup. For example some items in the store will have a 25% markup and others will have a 100% markup.
    > • If your Sim is a retail owner, maybe they can have that as their job title. It's especially annoying when we have Sims who have the ambitious trait and own a retail store, yet they still want a career and get tense or sad.
    > • Maybe we can have our Sims apply for jobs in the retail stores, even if they act like NPC Sims.
    >
    > This is probably asking for too much, but those are my suggestions of what I would love to see implemented into the retail system for the Sims 4. I think it's great that you are looking for our opinions and feedback! :)
    >
    > Edit: Just seen the most recent comments from the gurus. There goes some of my hope.. :(

Sry to tell you but sometime slast year SimGuruGrahamm announced tehr wear NOT going to add new fretures to the Retail sytsthem! tehr happy the way it workes and are when if just improving the performence of stuff in it! This does not mean we wont be able to own our own Restaurants
    > @zeldagirl180 said:
    > rochelimit wrote: »
    >
    > How you improve GTW's retail system?
    >
    > 1. Have a system that can charge you when you enter a room. Like Sims2 OFB, that way I can make a museum or other stuffs.
    > 2. The locking system on the door can only allow me only, allow family only, etc. There should be allow for staffs especially in stores, or better, you can choose those who are allowed to enter.
    > 3. I like the photography in Sims2, because you are allowed to control the camera. With Sims4, you are stuck with the eye of that Sim.
    > 4. The pose, make it work like Sims2. The pose in Sims4 is limited!
    > 5. Photobooth, make that a return!
    > 6. etc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can already choose lock for employees only and you can also set locks for specific sims only.

Tehr is a only alow Stuff interaction on it
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    To add even further clarification:

The team is looking to make code rewrites to make improvements which is why we are looking for player saves as it helps us test the performance of those improvements but also helps to make sure we aren't introducing new bugs with these changes.

That said, while we will not be adding any new features to the retail system for Get to Work I still welcome players to give feedback on what they would like to see regarding owning / running venues so it can be taken into consideration by the team.

@SimGuruDrake Thank you so much for doing this! Most of all, thanks for coming to us, the fans, and communicating and listening to us. Also, thank you for taking our suggestions into consideration. Did I forget to say thank you.... lol :wink:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    That said, while we will not be adding any new features to the retail system for Get to Work I still welcome players to give feedback on what they would like to see regarding owning / running venues so it can be taken into consideration by the team.

Well, some of the things I wanted to see in GTW can still be added to the game if you ever decide to give us a new venue: malls. For malls to work nicely, you would have to make working cash registers and the ability to have multiple stores with employees on the same lot. Also fitting rooms. I want shopping for clothes to be fun again, trying out clothes in the middle of a store is not fun or immersive. What does that has to do with owning and running venues, you ask? Well, we could own a mall... :tongue:
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Well, some of the things I wanted to see in GTW can still be added to the game if you ever decide to give us a new venue: malls. For malls to work nicely, you would have to make working cash registers and the ability to have multiple stores with employees on the same lot. Also fitting rooms. I want shopping for clothes to be fun again, trying out clothes in the middle of a store is not fun or immersive. What does that has to do with owning and running venues, you ask? Well, we could own a mall... :tongue:

Or even better, our Sims can own a store in the mall. It would be awesome to see a bunch stores decorated with different themes.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• GviperGviper Posts: 45 Member
    > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > To add even further clarification:
    >
    > The team is looking to make code rewrites to make improvements which is why we are looking for player saves as it helps us test the performance of those improvements but also helps to make sure we aren't introducing new bugs with these changes.
    >
    > That said, while we will not be adding any new features to the retail system for Get to Work I still welcome players to give feedback on what they would like to see regarding owning / running venues so it can be taken into consideration by the team.

It would sure be nice if these "code rewrites" might deliver us employees that actually work, and do so for more than 30 seconds. Not to mention the endless congregating of sims next to one specific display in a bakery. I like the game, but it seems that with every added feature, the underlying drive to emotionalize and socialize gets in the way of everything else...
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited April 2016
    Oh and please please please add into the computer order section a place where our sims can order clothes that they want and groceries (like in the sims 2 but with more detail I suppose lol). And when they order clothes they could order it from real shops in the game ??
    giphy_1.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Or even better, our Sims can own a store in the mall. It would be awesome to see a bunch stores decorated with different themes.
    I would love to see a mall in the Sims 4. The Sims Freeplay has an amazing one. It would be cute if there was a little playground and a train ride in the mall too and glass elevators.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2016

The team is looking to make code rewrites to make improvements which is why we are looking for player saves as it helps us test the performance of those improvements but also helps to make sure we aren't introducing new bugs with these changes.

OK. Could someone repost how to upload the retail saved file for dummies?

For suggestions, I have only opened up a lot recently (only started playing for this challenge), and this is what I've noticed:

- cash registers in TS2 do make a difference in gameplay and useable cash registers would be a massive improvement in TS4. For lots that have more than one store on the lot, having to chase customers is very difficult.
    - like TS2, it would be appreciated to be able to change sim's hairstyles for work. My Maxis-made sim Johnson Ready is still bugged and loses his hair on random occasions, unfortunately, it's impossible to hire him for work without him going bald and I cannot fix this.

For the record: I actually like the store options in TS4 because I can't imagine how else I would normalise my game. For me GTW (now that I know I don't have to play with aliens and can remove them immediately) is a decent EP and improves the base game immensely.

I used a Maxis-made (future townie) sim Olivia Stewart to go to Sixam (beautiful art, and was able to delete all of the aliens!), to grow alien growfruit and cow plants, and now my future legacy sims can focus on being a normal (or dysfunctional) family and pursuing personal goals rather than going around digging things up and searching for collectibles. They can just go to the stores and buy them.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited April 2016
    I looked and I have 0 files to give, why? because I make Sims mostly cause I do not like the build mode in Sims 4, so homes and such I just get from the gallery for my Sims to live in, and can not really do much in the buildings anyhow, All of my homes and businesses are in My Sims 2 game, cause they can actually do stuff in those, :).
  • ID-ChristianID-Christian Posts: 128 Member
    edited April 2016

"we will not be adding any new features to the retail system for Get to Work"

giphy.gif ...okay.. okay..
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I'm sorry that I don't have a save file for you. But I hope it's okay that I still post a small 'wishlist', for possible consideration.

*A stand/lemonade stand for kids. (A Stand to sell their own home-made muffins/cakes/cookies.)
    *Yard Sales. (What's another Sim's junk, is another Sim's treasure.)
    *Home Businesses. (To be able to inherit them from generation to generation as well).
    (Toy shops, flower arrangement shops, pottery shops (; )), etc).
    *Functioning Cash register (Maybe the tablet could just be used to do inventory, or to order stuff), but the cash register should work to check Sims out. :x. Pretty please.
    *Shopping bags.
    *Employee fixes. Less Chatty more working. When there are customers to help.
    *Customers can sit and eat in our bakeries. (Please.. future content. Please add restaurants. I want to be able to own and run a restaurant, and be able to make it grow to a 5-star; and to have Celebrities come to "boost" Sims to go to that restaurant, (they could give autographs, do a stand-up, sing, dance, act out, or perform some other thing that "made" them a celebrity.. and there could also be events like "Mic-night/Karaoke", or some other stuff like that.) (Sorry, I got a bit off topic. I just really miss restaurants. (also.. host/ess, waiters, waitresses/and all kinds of interactions at the table for couples (Propose, for example), AND families (food fights, example)..)

"we will not be adding any new features to the retail system for Get To Work.

Doesn't mean they couldn't still add features down the road. At least, that's how I'm looking/reading that sentence, lol. :x.

Thank you, for clarification, @SimGuruDrake.
  • GozeppelinGozeppelin Posts: 96 Member
    The best thing you can do to make Retail better is... to let us flirt with mannequins. ;D
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »

@SimGuruDrake Thank you so much for doing this! Most of all, thanks for coming to us, the fans, and communicating and listening to us. Also, thank you for taking our suggestions into consideration. Did I forget to say thank you.... lol :wink:

Totally OT but I remember a building video by you in the early TS3 days! Nice to see you still around.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2016
    This has probably been said many times through this thread, but here's my 2pence worth.
    If something has to be tweaked, it should be quicker time for customers. in real life I don't take all day chatting to the store worker to buy one or two items, I get what I want, pay and leave. with a polite thank you.
    I don't make hardly any money selling pastries and cakes in my bakery, the real money comes from selling paintings, but it still takes four or five sim hours for the sims to decide buy and leave.

I don't understand why they want our saves when all they need is one person playing it for a week to see what has to be changed.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Twylighte wrote: »
    > @Zakraffy said:
    > we want to run our clubs, restaurants, bakeries etc like it was in the sims 2.
    >
    > make sims actually browse more instead of standing around talking!al way and not tweak one or two things. I have hope....don't let it die lol

Do you mean that I cant buy a bar and run it?/ I haven't tried this but after playing yesterday and finding Mila Munch really good as a bar tender I was thinking about it. Now I cant do it. :'(
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I don't have the saved files anymore but I ran three retail stores for a bit, here are my thoughts on each one:

Store number 1:
    • I wanted a my fat nerd to run a nerdy store so I made one that sold crystals, MySims collectibles, toys, posters and pictures of space. I placed alien gnomes in the weird little water display thing and had mannequins dressed in the Star Wars costumes.
    • I think we desperately need retail display items that are already stocked, to make it look more like a store. It just doesn't look right at the moment. See pics below for an idea of what I'm referring to, it's basically retail items from TS1/ TS2. More importantly, you can obtain everything from any retail store by yourself- you already have all the clothes and can find or make any collectible by yourself, everything else can be bought from buy mode. It's basically pointless to visit retail shops, at least with display racks you might get some new stuff that you can only get in retail stores.
    • The same people came to my store every day, no matter what time the store was opened.
    • I really dislike having to walk to customers, I want them to walk to the cash register to check out and still have the option to use the tablet to check out customers if I wish. I think the cash register should be the default, missing this feature takes so much out of the system. The animations are so boring as well, it just seems like a really lazy cop out. If time constraint was an issue, the devs should have just removed retail altogether and added something else instead. That's how bad this retail system has turned out imo.
    • Gift giving needs to come back, to give us more of a reason to buy stuff from stores

Store number 2:
    • This was a sports/ outdoorsy store that sold clothes and camping gear
    • I really dislike the lack of clothing racks and dressing rooms. The mannequins are cool but there is a limit to how many you can place on a lot, having to decorate the rest of the clothing section with the same pile of shirts and shirt rack is not awesome at all. Give us clothing racks back please.
    • The game does this thing where all the mannequins on a lot will wear the same things each time you change one and you have to go and manually fix each one.
    • Already said this, but the cash register thing again. I hate the tablet so much, it's so boring to watch.

Store number 3:
    • This was a bakery, it was the most fun out of all of them...but it was still not that fun.
    • Customers would get hungry and stay long enough on the lot that they would just eat the food they bought at the bakery
    • Why wasn't the coffee machine from Get Together designed to work with retail? This is ridiculous, why can't customers just order a coffee and sims just make it on demand?
    • I really hate the use of tablets to check out customers. I hate it so much. I think removing cash registers as an integral part of retail is the worst design choice implemented in the entire TS4 series to date.

Other thoughts:
    • The lack of service-oriented stores is jarring and sorely missed.
    • Can we make multi-function lots a thing? I would love to have a gym that sells some items like clothes, protein bars, etc for example. Perhaps we could make it so renting retail space from other lots is a thing? You pay rent and get a small usable space to sell whatever you need? I would love it if my child sim could run a lemonade stand at the park.
    • Related to mutli-function lots- can we have multiple retail stores on one lot like in TS1 again?
    • I miss the ice cream bar and hot dog stands from TS1, can we eventually bring that back please?
    • I look forward to having more craftables, and hopefully more retail-style decorations
    • We need more decorative retail signs, LOTS more. Every retail lot on the library right now has the same signs lol.
    • I badly want a comic book rack or bookcase, maybe both? Also a usable magazine rack from which we could buy magazines.
    • What is the point of buying clothes? Let me pitch you an idea: When in CAS, pick a few sets of clothes from each category (e.g. 5 sets of everyday wear, 2 sets of everything else) and that is all the clothes you have. Townies have their clothing selection randomly generated. If you want more than what you own, you have to buy it. Include a cheat for those who just want everything available to them.
    • Related to above- please let us buy more baby clothes!

hqdefault.jpg
    latest?cb=20090314184216
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfwqEbp-2rMUWzD0DK2J2XZx-YrOIffb0z8xa1QgPhIqiAp26X
    400412-hotdate_003.jpg
    aid566828-728px-Buy-a-Cell-Phone-in-Sims-2-University-Step-2.jpg
    695070-screen9.jpg
  • MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    123w4 wrote: »
    Sry to tell you but sometime slast year SimGuruGrahamm announced tehr wear NOT going to add new fretures to the Retail sytsthem! tehr happy the way it workes and are when if just improving the performence of stuff in it! This does not mean we wont be able to own our own Restaurants

Yea, sadly I realised that after I posted my comment. I hope they'll improve the employees at least.
  • PdrHnrqPlay1PdrHnrqPlay1 Posts: 92 Member
    Uoohh! I will upload my save game. ;)
    34xicg8.jpg
    Family Carvalho Branco.
    See my idea!
    > @MicemSims said:
    > 123w4 wrote: »
    >
    > Sry to tell you but sometime slast year SimGuruGrahamm announced tehr wear NOT going to add new fretures to the Retail sytsthem! tehr happy the way it workes and are when if just improving the performence of stuff in it! This does not mean we wont be able to own our own Restaurants
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yea, sadly I realised that after I posted my comment. I hope they'll improve the employees at least.

Ther will! That is something tehr want to do but i thing tehr run into much more problems have an solutioan and first want to test them
  • MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    123w4 wrote: »
    > @MicemSims said:
    > 123w4 wrote: »
    >
    > Sry to tell you but sometime slast year SimGuruGrahamm announced tehr wear NOT going to add new fretures to the Retail sytsthem! tehr happy the way it workes and are when if just improving the performence of stuff in it! This does not mean we wont be able to own our own Restaurants
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yea, sadly I realised that after I posted my comment. I hope they'll improve the employees at least.

Ther will! That is something tehr want to do but i thing tehr run into much more problems have an solutioan and first want to test them

I would be very happy with that as the employees drive me mad sometimes. :s
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Although I moved on other games, none by EA, it's nice to see Sims 4 is not forgotten nor went completely to utter rubbish stuffpacks but is still being polished.
    I wished before we get containers and puzzles back in an expansion, but honestly can't protest on improving existing game mechanics instead of adding just more and more props and cheats.

Thumb up from me EA, maybe I still return to the game.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top