August 22 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
August 23 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

1212223242527...Next

Comments

• SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 102 Member
    I discovered last night that remote controlled cars can go up and down stairs!! I saw it happen on porch stairs so not sure if it would happen on full stairs as well (definitely not spiral stairs I know lol), but it was really cool to see anyway :lol:
    The world is quiet here
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 3,768 Member
    SeloBee wrote: »
    I discovered last night that remote controlled cars can go up and down stairs!! I saw it happen on porch stairs so not sure if it would happen on full stairs as well (definitely not spiral stairs I know lol), but it was really cool to see anyway :lol:

I've never seen that, interesting. I don't keep remote control cars around though because Sims become obsessed with them, even visitors.
    On a related note, remote control cars have an invisible NPC attached to them that are actually making them move. Kinda creepy.
  • SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 102 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've never seen that, interesting. I don't keep remote control cars around though because Sims become obsessed with them, even visitors.
    On a related note, remote control cars have an invisible NPC attached to them that are actually making them move. Kinda creepy.

You are not worng about sims getting obsessed with them. The only household I really have them in nowadays is my trailer park challenge purely for the purpose of entertaining the uncontrollable teens :lol:

I did not know that about the invisible NPC, but it makes a heck of a lot of sense since the car did look like it was "walking" down the steps rather than "falling" down them, lol, I just told myself it was bouncing down the stairs but the going back up part was a bit difficult to explain to myself, even with imagination :lol:

Gotta love TS2 lol :heart:

The world is quiet here
  • HannahSHannahS Posts: 2 New Member
    • Playing Red Hands boosts the Fun need quicker than most objects.

• The way Sims will stuff their faces from the fridge if they’re really hungry.

• Sims in the shower will lecture someone for flushing the toilet

...just to name a few!
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 84 Member
    You know what really bothers me? The way that this game handles alien sims being family. All alien sims are considered blood related through the unseen pollination technician (I hate that). Therefore, you can't make two alien sims have a baby together without some kind of weird modding. But on the flip side, let's say you get ScienceDude pregnant with an alien baby. ScienceDude already has a wife and daughter.

ScienceWife doesn't consider AlienBaby to be her child, and ScienceDaughter doesn't consider AlienBaby to be a sibling. This can lead to weird situations, and I just don't like it. Are adopted kids considered family? If so, that makes this even weirder. I enjoy playing with aliens in The Sims 2, but the game unfortunately treats them like an afterthought in many different ways, including their lack of special powers in comparison to other life states.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 3,768 Member
    You know what really bothers me? The way that this game handles alien sims being family. All alien sims are considered blood related through the unseen pollination technician (I hate that). Therefore, you can't make two alien sims have a baby together without some kind of weird modding. But on the flip side, let's say you get ScienceDude pregnant with an alien baby. ScienceDude already has a wife and daughter.

ScienceWife doesn't consider AlienBaby to be her child, and ScienceDaughter doesn't consider AlienBaby to be a sibling. This can lead to weird situations, and I just don't like it. Are adopted kids considered family? If so, that makes this even weirder. I enjoy playing with aliens in The Sims 2, but the game unfortunately treats them like an afterthought in many different ways, including their lack of special powers in comparison to other life states.

I loved playing with Aliens, but you're right, there is some weirdness because of the pollination tech. I always went into SimPE to edit relationships and make them all related.
    Adopted kids are related properly to the rest of the family, provided they were married before the adoption.
    Extended relationships- step parents, step siblings, cousins etc. were never really fleshed out well. They still aren't. I'm not sure why.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,345 Member
    I don't recall my aliens not being related to their half-siblings. I have ACR so that would have reared its ugly head at some point if they weren't.