August 14 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Sims 2 Discoveries !

1222324252628...Next

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,172 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Keep in mind with the base game's dead, the game did not have any means of resurrecting dead Sims and there may not have been plans to do that until discussions for University started. So the shredded data on the dead may be fine until you try to resurrect them. Which may be why post-Uni dead Sims have data.

Yes, but at the same time, since Bluewater Village dead sims are always adult males, no matter if they look female and/or elder. It seems like even though they don't have gravestones or urns, they aren't meant to be resurrected either.

I'm still surprised that the delivery man in Specter graveyard may look like an adult, but is actually in baby stage.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,122 Member
    1. Pleasantview has most of the ancestors shredded, Skip Broke has no tombstone, and both Darleen and Skip have messed up ties to their family due to two versions of them existing in the files. The Goth ghosts, and Michael Bachelor, seem to be relatively fine.
    2. Strangetown has most of the ancestors shredded, two ancestors have their data intact, but they arent flagged as a sim, and almost everyone in Olive's graveyard has problems. Knut Futa is entirely missing from her graveyard, and is remembered as 'dead' by several sims, but has most data flags unset, resulting in the infamous baby man. Lou is also mising from her graveyard, and has shredded data.
    3. Veronaville again has shredded ancestors, several ghosts without tombstones, and many dead with broken features in their data somewhere
    4. Tutorial has shredded data for the ancestors of the Sim family
    5. Downtown has a dead sim that nobody can resurrect, and the Tricous have some inherent problems
    6. Bluewater Village has many dead ancestors with the Power aspiration and the wrong gender flag set
    7. Riverblossom Hills has a town-wide memory problem that extends into the dead, but otherwise probably has the safest dead. None of them have tombstones.
    8. Desiderata Valley again has sims without tombstones, and despite Luis Aspir being set up to wish his dead wife back to life, she will revive with no real relationship to him or anyone else in the family.
    9. Belladonna Cove made an attempt to house the tombstones but failed, and one of the tombstones oddly appears at the art gallery, by the street, instead of a meaningful place. One ancestor was fully deleted, resulting in fullscale unfixable errors that no package editor can touch. Shredding data is better than outright deletion, as this town cannot be fixed, you can only hope to isolate the corrupt bit.
    10. Four Corners has a single dead sim that has no tombstone, and he is unplayable in both versions of the town.
    11. Mesa Flats does bad thing to the data of the Girard family to simulate them leaving town on honeymoon; they are basically killed, unlinked and shredded.
    12. Felicity Island does the same thing to Bart Pittman, and to Winford Rhinehart if you choose the Banish ending.

There isnt a single premade town without some form of buggy dead. Everything to do with ghosts in Sims 2 is a mess, unless you make them yourself.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 96 Member
    Adults have two voice sets for each gender, while elderly and teens have one assigned to each. I'm not sure about children.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,382 Member
    Devalaous wrote: »
      There isn't a single premade town without some form of buggy dead. Everything to do with ghosts in Sims 2 is a mess, unless you make them yourself.

And this is ultimately what is required. Thankfully, there are other Simmers out there who have taken the time to do it with many Sims themselves.

I now have neighborhoods with 200 fewer extraneous Sims and all their attached baggage, only 1 of each NPC type needed, fixed ancestors and dead spouses, fixed memories etc. I also went through and gave the townies I kept better names.

I need to address Downtown now. I'm tempted to load up the empty Downtown template and just make Sims wholly from scratch to begin with rather than trying to wrangle EA's files.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,172 Member
    Winthorpe wrote: »
    Adults have two voice sets for each gender, while elderly and teens have one assigned to each. I'm not sure about children.

Children have only one voice for both genders. So do toddlers and babies. Oh, and young adults share same voice with teens.
    Also fun fact. Adult ghosts always have one voice for each gender, even though they might have had the other one when they were alive.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.