Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member
    I discovered last night that remote controlled cars can go up and down stairs!! I saw it happen on porch stairs so not sure if it would happen on full stairs as well (definitely not spiral stairs I know lol), but it was really cool to see anyway :lol:
    The world is quiet here
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    SeloBee wrote: »
    I discovered last night that remote controlled cars can go up and down stairs!! I saw it happen on porch stairs so not sure if it would happen on full stairs as well (definitely not spiral stairs I know lol), but it was really cool to see anyway :lol:

I've never seen that, interesting. I don't keep remote control cars around though because Sims become obsessed with them, even visitors.
    On a related note, remote control cars have an invisible NPC attached to them that are actually making them move. Kinda creepy.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've never seen that, interesting. I don't keep remote control cars around though because Sims become obsessed with them, even visitors.
    On a related note, remote control cars have an invisible NPC attached to them that are actually making them move. Kinda creepy.

You are not worng about sims getting obsessed with them. The only household I really have them in nowadays is my trailer park challenge purely for the purpose of entertaining the uncontrollable teens :lol:

I did not know that about the invisible NPC, but it makes a heck of a lot of sense since the car did look like it was "walking" down the steps rather than "falling" down them, lol, I just told myself it was bouncing down the stairs but the going back up part was a bit difficult to explain to myself, even with imagination :lol:

Gotta love TS2 lol :heart:

The world is quiet here
  • HannahSHannahS Posts: 2 New Member
    • Playing Red Hands boosts the Fun need quicker than most objects.

• The way Sims will stuff their faces from the fridge if they’re really hungry.

• Sims in the shower will lecture someone for flushing the toilet

...just to name a few!
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    You know what really bothers me? The way that this game handles alien sims being family. All alien sims are considered blood related through the unseen pollination technician (I hate that). Therefore, you can't make two alien sims have a baby together without some kind of weird modding. But on the flip side, let's say you get ScienceDude pregnant with an alien baby. ScienceDude already has a wife and daughter.

ScienceWife doesn't consider AlienBaby to be her child, and ScienceDaughter doesn't consider AlienBaby to be a sibling. This can lead to weird situations, and I just don't like it. Are adopted kids considered family? If so, that makes this even weirder. I enjoy playing with aliens in The Sims 2, but the game unfortunately treats them like an afterthought in many different ways, including their lack of special powers in comparison to other life states.
    You know what really bothers me? The way that this game handles alien sims being family. All alien sims are considered blood related through the unseen pollination technician (I hate that). Therefore, you can't make two alien sims have a baby together without some kind of weird modding. But on the flip side, let's say you get ScienceDude pregnant with an alien baby. ScienceDude already has a wife and daughter.

ScienceWife doesn't consider AlienBaby to be her child, and ScienceDaughter doesn't consider AlienBaby to be a sibling. This can lead to weird situations, and I just don't like it. Are adopted kids considered family? If so, that makes this even weirder. I enjoy playing with aliens in The Sims 2, but the game unfortunately treats them like an afterthought in many different ways, including their lack of special powers in comparison to other life states.

I loved playing with Aliens, but you're right, there is some weirdness because of the pollination tech. I always went into SimPE to edit relationships and make them all related.
    Adopted kids are related properly to the rest of the family, provided they were married before the adoption.
    Extended relationships- step parents, step siblings, cousins etc. were never really fleshed out well. They still aren't. I'm not sure why.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I don't recall my aliens not being related to their half-siblings. I have ACR so that would have reared its ugly head at some point if they weren't.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Can bugs escape the box? They look like cockroaches but when I call the exterminator, he says there are none. They are colored instead of brown and after a few hours they disappear.
    j8jxeu8u.jpg
    wbcggu7f.jpg
    ie862c3zq60o.jpg
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2020
    @garapoes wrote: »
    Can bugs escape the box? They look like cockroaches but when I call the exterminator, he says there are none. They are colored instead of brown and after a few hours they disappear.
    j8jxeu8u.jpg
    wbcggu7f.jpg
    ie862c3zq60o.jpg

Hi :)
    I had it happen at my bug box. I thought it was because I hung it outside but maybe not. Normally I don't hang them. :)

I just discovered there are nearly 100 graves in Gamesend Grounds.

I knew that Gamesend Grounds was supposed to be the default graveyard for Belladonna Cove, but they messed up the neighborhood ID for the lot, so it never worked. Graves sent there were in limbo somewhere in the game files. I always used Gothier Green Lawns, so I didn't care.

I've been using a custom clean hood for years, but decided I wanted to put in and use the neighborhoods as they originally were. Of course I still had to look at them in SimPE and Hoodchecker for any major problems. One of them I decided to address is the issue with Gamesend Grounds.

Once fixed, 98 graves belonging to ancestors of Sims living in Belladonna Cove appeared on the lot.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yesterday I was playing and sent a couple on their Honeymoon. They had bought a vacation house and were staying there. While wandering the area I thought it would have been more fun if they would have stayed at a Vacation spot. So, I had them check it. They stayed the night and had fun in the hotel grounds, then checked out and went to their vacation home. I never knew they could check in and out while still staying in their own home. It was different. :lol:
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yesterday I was playing and sent a couple on their Honeymoon. They had bought a vacation house and were staying there. While wandering the area I thought it would have been more fun if they would have stayed at a Vacation spot. So, I had them check it. They stayed the night and had fun in the hotel grounds, then checked out and went to their vacation home. I never knew they could check in and out while still staying in their own home. It was different. :lol:

I never knew that either. It never occurred to me to try. Cool.
    edited June 2020
    I found one more grave, Olivia Riley, at the Belladonna Cove Art museum of all places and moved her to Gamesend Grounds too. The batbox told me there were tokens for 100 graves, but I have no idea who or where that last one is.

I finished cleaning up Belladonna Cove and moved on to Desiderata Valley, and am working on Riverblossom Hills atm. I re-spawned nearly 60 tombstones in both DV and RH, and made new graveyards to put them in. So many dead Sims in this game who's tombstones were just in limbo in the game files!
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Since installing FreeTime, I noticed that when I try to make a Sim "Ask to Leave" the cow mascot, the cow will pull out a book and start walking around the lot while reading. What is this? I've never seen this animation before.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Since installing FreeTime, I noticed that when I try to make a Sim "Ask to Leave" the cow mascot, the cow will pull out a book and start walking around the lot while reading. What is this? I've never seen this animation before.

I believe that's a Literature hobby enthusiasm animation.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

That cow. It's the most obnoxious character ever. They don't want to leave, they pull annoying pranks, they randomly do mean things to your Sim or flirt with your Sim (which makes your boyfriend or girlfriend angry at your Sim).

I got a no jealousy hack so that Sims won't get mad at that last behavior. That makes it a little easier to deal with. I know it's meant to be funny, I just wish they were a little less intrusive.
    I just wish it was easier to interrupt Sims (including the cow). Super annoying trying to chase them down.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    So many dead Sims in this game who's tombstones were just in limbo in the game files!

I would say its better than the four starting neighbourhoods, where almost every ancestor was just shredded data and a thumbnail. At least this way we have the possibility to revive most of them or to look at a complete set of data.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Devalaous wrote: »
    So many dead Sims in this game who's tombstones were just in limbo in the game files!

I would say its better than the four starting neighbourhoods, where almost every ancestor was just shredded data and a thumbnail. At least this way we have the possibility to revive most of them or to look at a complete set of data.

Four? I know the first three are Plesantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville, but what is the fourth one? Is it Downtown?
    I know that since Bluewater Village from The Sims 2 Oper for Business the tombstones are missing and resurrecting dead sim will bring back adult male sims (who may look like they're in different life stage and gender).
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Four? I know the first three are Plesantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville, but what is the fourth one? Is it Downtown?
    I know that since Bluewater Village from The Sims 2 Oper for Business the tombstones are missing and resurrecting dead sim will bring back adult male sims (who may look like they're in different life stage and gender).

Downtown came with Nightlife. I only know of the three from base game as well.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Fourth is the Tutorial neighbourhood, it counts! I got it playable as a regular neighbourhood. It actually has a leftover lot from a cut tutorial about texturing buildings.

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Fourth is the Tutorial neighbourhood, it counts! I got it playable as a regular neighbourhood. It actually has a leftover lot from a cut tutorial about texturing buildings.

Of course. Why didn't I think of that? Thank you for clarifying.

I've discovered that. When I opened Pleasantview in SimPE my heart just sank. Strangetown was even worse. I haven't looked at Veronaville yet.
    edited July 2020
    I haven't looked at Veronaville yet.

Veronaville is arguably in the worst shape of the three. Like Olive's graveyard, the dead that DO have graves are largely broken in all sorts of ways. Almost everyone in the Capp Manor is messed up, with stuff like giant teeth, fleshy strings of skin that are genetic, mouths in heads, or simply having all the outfit data in an old pre-release format just like several ghosts in Strangetown. The only ghost that seems to be perfectly intact is Claudio Monty; who has an actual bio, skill points, and even a job still set. His wife is similar, but she has the infamous pregnancy thing, where she somehow died while pregnant, and Contessa Capp, who seems to have been intended to be alive and playable up until the very end of development.

All the ancestors have extremely low detail thumbnails, many dont have aspirations or personalities set, and generally have the data shredded. Theres a few dead people without graves who still have their data though. A few homes in the town are also entirely empty of furniture, showing that they made the three family bin famileis in those homes, moved them out, then didnt replace the basic furniture. The whole town has signs of being hastily finished for the release date.

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Keep in mind with the base game's dead, the game did not have any means of resurrecting dead Sims and there may not have been plans to do that until discussions for University started. So the shredded data on the dead may be fine until you try to resurrect them. Which may be why post-Uni dead Sims have data.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top