December 7 - It's time for the Friday Highlight! Head over here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

1192021222325...Next

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 3,508 Member
    I discovered an awesome cheat for decorating houses in Sims 2. I've seen it listed in the help menu all this time, and just never put much thought into it. Now, I'll never play without using it again. Lol.
    setQuarterTilePlacement on, then push cntrl+f.
    It allows you to place pretty much anything on quarter increments of floor tiles instead of always in the center of them. So I've been able to center fireplaces on a 3 wall section between windows, put posts right on corners of the porch, place furniture and bushes right up next to each other... all with one cheat instead of the several I was using before.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 193 Member
    If a bath tub (maybe a shower too) is broken and placed on the second floor with no walls under it, it will leak on the ground/floor.
    eth2o2c0ey.jpg
    And it makes a lot of dripping sounds. Never saw it before.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    Female, 23 y/o from the Netherlands.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited September 16
    Edit: What I originally wrote was a bug, doesn't happen in my game now.
    Post edited by Brindleton on
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 17 Member
    I had Mary Sue Pleasant catch Daniel cheating and made Mary Sue move out. The next day she showed up to the house and stole the newspaper! :smiley:
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 3,508 Member
    When witches call their familiars, they are white for good witches and black for bad witches of course. What I didn't know until tonight was, if you switch alignment, your witch keeps her cat and it's fur simply changes color. I haven't had witches switch very often.
    While Maleficent doesn't fit a white cat as well as a black one, it does make things easier on my Sim to keep her friend.
  • SaraberrycherrySaraberrycherry Posts: 1 New Member
    Very thankful for this thread! I have been reading it on and off for about a week! 😁

Made me go back, slow down the game and really appreciate the game!

Also for my tip, if you put a mini fridge under a counter, the counter will go over the mini fridge and the fridge will still be useable! (If that makes sense? 🤔)
    - I figured this out while making over one of the dorms!
1192021222325...Next