Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TV channels scrambling...

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    KentackKentack Posts: 3 New Member
    Please revert this change. The buzzing sound from the TV is driving me insane.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah they really need to fix this. It is annoying the distortion and the added buzzing sound.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Scumbumbo wrote: »
    For those interested in a mod solution to this, I wrote "No More Video Distortion" last night and uploaded it to MTS tonight: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=572727

That's cool. So, my question has to be, does it cause animation issues with Sims watching movies at faster speeds? Cause that's what someone said the devs claimed was the reason for having the distortion to begin with. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if the dev was just making a joke about that.

My guess is because this came right before movie hangout stuff, they added scrambling because they couldn't find a way to make movies work in 2x/3x speeds. So they added it for movies and tv for a quick and unfortunate solution.

I'm not sure this is the case there is one tv that doesn't scramble the space saver mountable tv. or at least it didn't when I tested it haven't played since this patch.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to sound disrespectful at all, just genuinely curious. But this of all things is what made you say "screw this Im done" ?

Or was it more of the straw that broke the camels back?

I didn't mind it when it first came out but now the tv thing drives me absolutely insane.

Not sounding disrespectful at all. It was the straw. I am tired of being peeved off nearly every month for several different reasons and decided there were more positive ways to exert my energy in my free time.

A game should be solid, fun, and enjoyable; not frustrating, unfinished, and broken.

Exactly I really wish they would use their resources to fix things that are actually broken instead of removing features that haven't been an issue which has now become an issue. As an example I'm tired of the sit down before putting away or washing items. And it's ridiculous that infants have to be introduced to their mothers after aging up totally ruins immersion. I know there's more but don't want to go off topic.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    mskube wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to sound disrespectful at all, just genuinely curious. But this of all things is what made you say "screw this Im done" ?

Or was it more of the straw that broke the camels back?

I didn't mind it when it first came out but now the tv thing drives me absolutely insane.

Not sounding disrespectful at all. It was the straw. I am tired of being peeved off nearly every month for several different reasons and decided there were more positive ways to exert my energy in my free time.

A game should be solid, fun, and enjoyable; not frustrating, unfinished, and broken.

Exactly I really wish they would use their resources to fix things that are actually broken instead of removing features that haven't been an issue which has now become an issue. As an example I'm tired of the sit down before putting away or washing items. And it's ridiculous that infants have to be introduced to their mothers after aging up totally ruins immersion. I know there's more but don't want to go off topic.

Meh. I don't really care if anyone goes off topic, or even if the thread gets closed. I started this topic when I felt it mattered, but apparently it only matters to a small crowd and not at all to the developers.

I share the same sentiments, but I'm past the point of really caring.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm fine with the distortion. The sound that accompanies the distortion, though, triggers my tinnitis (thankfully, not painful, but annoying, and I always worry that the more it gets triggered, the worse it could get overall). I'm covering it with a mod because that's an easier solution than remembering to plug my ears. It's not a game-breaking problem for me, but it is definitely annoying.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    This is a link to a mod that helps both the video distortion issue as well as the accompanying noise, for simmers who use mods.
    http://modthesims.info/d/572727

thank you rosemow! i hadn't seen this mod yet and just whelped with joy when i saw your post - this mod is EXACTLY what i need.
    simming on through.
  • Options
    glorifica wrote: »
    Hello.
    This is a link to a mod that helps both the video distortion issue as well as the accompanying noise, for simmers who use mods.

thank you rosemow! i hadn't seen this mod yet and just whelped with joy when i saw your post - this mod is EXACTLY what i need.

Hello,
    You're welcome :)
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I reported the same bug or glitch. I haven't heard anything. I've tried to repair the game and everything and still got nothing

It's not actually a 'bug' per say. The dev's have coded the game to work this way. It was changed in a recent patch.

@NZsimm3r I'm still having the issue. So maybe another patch will fix it
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm still having the issue. So maybe another patch will fix it

The devs don't consider this an issue. They consider it a cool feature. It's unlikely they'll 'Fix' it.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I reported the same bug or glitch. I haven't heard anything. I've tried to repair the game and everything and still got nothing

It's not actually a 'bug' per say. The dev's have coded the game to work this way. It was changed in a recent patch.

@NZsimm3r I'm still having the issue. So maybe another patch will fix it

They patched it TO do this. I don't think they will change it. I liked watching the TV, but I am so flipping bored with everything the Sims do I play on 3X speed almost all the time. I actually turned off all the game sound so I don't have to hear that buzz.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I tend to zoom out to not listen to that painful noise
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Hello.

WOW yay!! Thank you for the mod link.

It is shame we have to depend on modders to fix these issues.
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Hello.

WOW yay!! Thank you for the mod link.

It is shame we have to depend on modders to fix these issues.

You're welcome :)