Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TV channels scrambling...

Comments

• Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    greenXen wrote: »
    mskube wrote: »
    I haven't played my game lately but I will go in and check it later. I prefer the way it worked in TS3 when music didn't fast forward I've been complaining about that since TS4 was released. I like to listen to my music when I fast forward my sims through sleep or anything else I want them to hurry up with.

There's a cheat for this, matchspeedstereo off or something. :/ I don't use it, so I don't remember.

If the TV scramble is intentional, maybe they'll include a cheat the way they did for stereos.

@greenXen If you find the cheat, or know how to find the cheat, please let me know. I have looked at several cheat pages/sites and I can't find anything for it. I will enter it, as it really bugs me.

I think it comes up if you type help into the cheat bar.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I haven't played my game lately but I will go in and check it later. I prefer the way it worked in TS3 when music didn't fast forward I've been complaining about that since TS4 was released. I like to listen to my music when I fast forward my sims through sleep or anything else I want them to hurry up with.

There's a cheat for this, matchspeedstereo off or something. :/ I don't use it, so I don't remember.

If the TV scramble is intentional, maybe they'll include a cheat the way they did for stereos.

@greenXen If you find the cheat, or know how to find the cheat, please let me know. I have looked at several cheat pages/sites and I can't find anything for it. I will enter it, as it really bugs me.

Okay, I'll check that. Thanks! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member

Ugh I had no idea, I'm going to go check on this.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Okay, I'll check that. Thanks! :)

Hello.
    The cheat is listed on this site.
    http://simscommunity.info/sims-4-cheats/
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Mine had a fairly decent TV, and it's been wavy too, and my current Sim was complaining about it, but the TV isn't broken.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    thundergimmickthundergimmick Posts: 140 Member
    I noticed it too. I think it's suppose to be like that.
    tumblr_mjgcdaX8gw1rfyso2o1_500.gif
  • Options
    IsadoraExplorerIsadoraExplorer Posts: 41 Member
    I really hope it is not intentionally.. because it is rather annoying to look at.....

Plus I don't know what TVs some of you have if you think that is what fast forwarding looks like... maybe back with video tapes... but not now. Even fast forwarding shows/movies at x12 or even x32 you just see sped up pictures/frame skipping... not a blurry mess that resembles what happens when you rub a magnet across the screen.

And as someone who can be quite sensitive to quick flashing of colours and lights like that, I think it is totally unreasonable for that to be intentional.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think that's pretty cool, isn't that what happens when you fast forward when you watch movies?

Yes it is, and since I fast forward. There's no point in my Sims watching movies now. Is there? At this rate, they might as well speed up every other sound too. Why not? It's realistic, after all.

They do speed up sound like when they talk, and even the stereo music has been fast forwarded in an old patch.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    It's happening to me too, but I just figured that it was intentional, to make it fit with everything else that speeds up when you fast-forward.
    I can't say that it really bothers me (right now) but that could easily change after awhile. I am the one using a mod to permanently stop the music from speeding up along with fast-forwarding the game. So I understand why the TV situation would bother some people.
    Hopefully it really is just a bug, and we'll see it fixed soon.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Oh good, I thought I was the only one with that problem
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I noticed that and freaked out. I expected some weird creature to pop out of the screen like in The Ring lol. I don't think it's a bug, seems like an intentional design choice to me.

I actually like it this way. Makes sense because we're actually making time go faster :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Pekesims found information in the tuning descriptions to indicate the scrambling is intentional:
    "distortion_speed - Game speed at or above the distortion speed will have a distortion effect applied to the video when that speed is selected."
    I think they should at least add a cheat in the way they did for the stereos.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Pekesims found information in the game code to indicate the scrambling is intentional:
    "distortion_speed - Game speed at or above the distortion speed will have a distortion effect applied to the video when that speed is selected."

I think they should undo it.it makes the tvs look broken and awful.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Pekesims found information in the tuning descriptions to indicate the scrambling is intentional:

If it's in the tuning info, it should be easily moddable, though I agree that many users would prefer an in-game cheat. (Personally, I don't mind the change - if I'm playing on speed 2 or 3 I'm only trying to get through a step and am watching only to see when that step is done.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

If it's in the tuning info, it should be easily moddable, though I agree that many users would prefer an in-game cheat. (Personally, I don't mind the change - if I'm playing on speed 2 or 3 I'm only trying to get through a step and am watching only to see when that step is done.)

This is me. I only speed through certain sections so I don't care if the music and/or video are sped up. Which also means I wouldn't care if they DIDN'T speed it up. At the very least, it would be nice to have a cheat to set it the way you want.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    The only tv in my game that doesn't scramble is the spacesaver mountable that came with get to work. That still acts as tvs did before the patch.
  • Options
    The only tv in my game that doesn't scramble is the spacesaver mountable that came with get to work. That still acts as tvs did before the patch.

Lol, that's probably the real bug then. :)
  • Options
    I wonder can we re-size that tv? I'm going to go check.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Simguru Daniel says this is a feature in the game not a bug.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Guess all my sims will have the same tv then :\
    Simguru Daniel says this is a feature in the game not a bug.

It's a feature that lost them a sale (I was going to buy the movie pack). Hope that makes them happy with their decision. @SimGuruDaniel It looks terrible.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

@mskube Just tested. Can't make it smaller, but can definitely make it bigger. Picture looks good too. Hopefully they won't fix it. Still won't buy the pack unless the fix is undone though. It's a change that wasn't necessary. There are plenty of other changes that need to be made. This was not one of them.
  • Options

@mskube Just tested. Can't make it smaller, but can definitely make it bigger. Picture looks good too. Hopefully they won't fix it. Still won't buy the pack unless the fix is undone though. It's a change that wasn't necessary. There are plenty of other changes that need to be made. This was not one of them.

Thank you, so glad we can re-size it I hope they leave this tv alone. I really wish they would just fix the bugs instead of tweaking things. There are some bugs that have been going on for months, like the sit down before putting books and toys away as well as cleaning up the dishes. I don't know what that scrambled tv has to do with movies.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Thank you, so glad we can re-size it I hope they leave this tv alone. I really wish they would just fix the bugs instead of tweaking things. There are some bugs that have been going on for months, like the sit down before putting books and toys away as well as cleaning up the dishes. I don't know what that scrambled tv has to do with movies.

That's my point. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything. There are already several things that need work in this game. Scrambling the view on the television was not one of those things. It does absolutely nothing for gameplay other than peeve a select few off (like me). Other than that, there are no benefits to it. I can not reiterate enough how little it adds to anything.

There is a list of things that should have been given priority over this, and I'm not talking about things that are missing. I'm talking about things that need fixing since day one and counting.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I have no clue why this would be a thing. I cannot stand it. It's just too cartoony, weirdly the DJ booth doesn't do this the video speeds up like televisions did before. Is this some performance based "feature"? Because I think it looks ridiculous, especially with a pack based around TV's and movies releasing this week.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I have no clue why this would be a thing. I cannot stand it. It's just too cartoony, weirdly the DJ booth doesn't do this the video speeds up like televisions did before. Is this some performance based "feature"? Because I think it looks ridiculous, especially with a pack based around TV's and movies releasing this week.

Not to mention that with today's technology, fast-forwarding a video keeps it pretty much intact (but faster). It doesn't look like the telly's been magnetized.