Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TV channels scrambling...

Anyone else having a problem with TV channels scrambling on Speed 2 and 3 since the January Patch?

I've never noticed this before, but this is what's been happening since the last patch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ElyWL7UCw
Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    Oh my god, not another bug! I just checked my game it's happening in mine too! Do they not bug test at all??
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @rosemow has a link to the EA Bugs report here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14466526/#Comment_14466526 I'm not so sure it's a bug, though. It might be "fast forwarding" the shows when we fast-forward the game. I've asked here and on Twitter and am hoping to hear something back.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    @rosemow has a link to the EA Bugs report here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14466526/#Comment_14466526 I'm not so sure it's a bug, though. It might be "fast forwarding" the shows when we fast-forward the game. I've asked here and on Twitter and am hoping to hear something back.

Thing is it never did this before. Always play on Speed 2. This is the first time I've noticed this. Makes Movie Pack kind of pointless to me now. Also tired of reporting bugs. Just not interested in doing it anymore. Glad to know it's not just me though.
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    I also noticed that a couple of days ago and I thought it had always been that way and I just hadn't paid attention lol Good to know that it is a bug (well, good because they may fix this now)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Nini wrote: »
    I also noticed that a couple of days ago and I thought it had always been that way and I just hadn't paid attention lol Good to know that it is a bug (well, good because they may fix this now)

We don't actually know that it's a bug - only that some Simmers feel like it's one. It could be an unannounced change to make TVs work like music does.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We don't actually know that it's a bug - only that some Simmers feel like it's one. It could be an unannounced change to make TVs work like music does.

Great. Guess I know how they feel now. Thing is: was going to get Movie Pack. I've been wanting horror films since S4 came out. Now they've lost a sale until this is changed and/or fixed. Whatever.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    I haven't played my game lately but I will go in and check it later. I prefer the way it worked in TS3 when music didn't fast forward I've been complaining about that since TS4 was released. I like to listen to my music when I fast forward my sims through sleep or anything else I want them to hurry up with.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mskube wrote: »
    I haven't played my game lately but I will go in and check it later. I prefer the way it worked in TS3 when music didn't fast forward I've been complaining about that since TS4 was released. I like to listen to my music when I fast forward my sims through sleep or anything else I want them to hurry up with.

I can sympathize with you now :) Never listened to music in Sims. I like the natural sounds of the game and always avoided stereos. Didn't like the way S2 zoomed in and out of music, and just never bothered again. At least now I understand why it's so bothersome in S4. I've never played on Speed 1 in any Sims game. Always Speed 2. I played on Speed 1 when I first started S4, but once you've seen everything, there's just no point.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think that's pretty cool, isn't that what happens when you fast forward when you watch movies?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think that's pretty cool, isn't that what happens when you fast forward when you watch movies?

Yes it is, and since I fast forward. There's no point in my Sims watching movies now. Is there? At this rate, they might as well speed up every other sound too. Why not? It's realistic, after all.
  • Options
    praisespraises Posts: 66 Member
    I noticed that in my game too yesterday, it was kinda annoying.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I can sympathize with you now :) Never listened to music in Sims. I like the natural sounds of the game and always avoided stereos. Didn't like the way S2 zoomed in and out of music, and just never bothered again. At least now I understand why it's so bothersome in S4. I've never played on Speed 1 in any Sims game. Always Speed 2. I played on Speed 1 when I first started S4, but once you've seen everything, there's just no point.

Yes this is annoying for sure. going to go in game and check it out.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    Yes it is, and since I fast forward. There's no point in my Sims watching movies now. Is there? At this rate, they might as well speed up every other sound too. Why not? It's realistic, after all.

But isn't the point of doing something like this to encourage players to slow down and actually appreciate the things their sims are doing, instead of fast forwarding through every little bit?

If you're so fixated on fast forwarding through normal gameplay then why does it matter that much to you if the things on their screens are fast forwarded as well?
  • Options
    Sim2Spore wrote: »

But isn't the point of doing something like this to encourage players to slow down and actually appreciate the things their sims are doing, instead of fast forwarding through every little bit?

If you're so fixated on fast forwarding through normal gameplay then why does it matter that much to you if the things on their screens are fast forwarded as well?

No comment. Tired of commenting to people who just don't get it.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2016
    Anyone else having a problem with TV channels scrambling on Speed 2 and 3 since the January Patch?

I've never noticed this before, but this is what's been happening since the last patch:

Yes! I noticed today that mine was doing it too! They have the cheapest tv (that's not the pigeon) and I thought, Okay, maybe I just never noticed cause I rarely get the cheapest tv and my sims rarely watch tv to begin with. I do play on speed 3 a lot, especially when they are doing day to day things, but I'll check and see if that is when it does it... to be honest, I didn't put the two together, I just thought... well, that cheap tv s.ucks!

ETA: Yep... just checked. It only does it when it's speed up. That is dumb. I don't want my tv doing that when I play on a faster speed than 1... :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Yes! I noticed today that mine was doing it too! They have the cheapest tv (that's not the pigeon) and I thought, Okay, maybe I just never noticed cause I rarely get the cheapest tv and my sims rarely watch tv to begin with. I do play on speed 3 a lot, especially when they are doing day to day things, but I'll check and see if that is when it does it... to be honest, I didn't put the two together, I just thought... well, that cheap tv s.ucks!

Rotated through 4 households today. One has the most expensive TV. It is not related to the TV. It's the patch.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Boy for such a small patch it sure caused some bugs.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Boy for such a small patch it sure caused some bugs.

It did. I'm back on the teeter totter again--just when I was starting to enjoy it again. I have to say my biggest dislike about this game is the mandatory patching. I was actually enjoying it agin. Something I haven't done for some time. Now I'm back to square one.

All I'm asking at this point is to get rid of the mandatory patching system. Because at this point, I am not inclined to spend more money. I am super peeved off with the spicy food, the scrambled tv, and the fact that I still can not craft from a bonsai plant above perfect, and time slowing down every time my sims are texted. I'm also still not happy with everything the December patch introduced. If I had a choice, I would be far less annoying to the community.
  • Options

Rotated through 4 households today. One has the most expensive TV. It is not related to the TV. It's the patch.

Yeah, that's what I figured from your first post. :( Hopefully this isn't a permanent thing, though I have a feeling it is. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options

Yeah, that's what I figured from your first post. :( Hopefully this isn't a permanent thing, though I have a feeling it is. :(

Like the bars in the November patch, this is game-breaking for me. It may not be for others, but it is for me.
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member

Like the bars in the November patch, this is game-breaking for me. It may not be for others, but it is for me.

There's a bug report at EA HQ, you can hit 'me too', if you want.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Scrambled-TV-Signal-on-Fast-Forward/m-p/5079323#U5079323

What do you do with the TVs that makes this game-breaking -- totally unplayable?
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited January 2016

There's a cheat for this, matchspeedstereo off or something. :/ I don't use it, so I don't remember.

If the TV scramble is intentional, maybe they'll include a cheat the way they did for stereos.
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »

There's a bug report at EA HQ, you can hit 'me too', if you want.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Scrambled-TV-Signal-on-Fast-Forward/m-p/5079323#U5079323

What do you do with the TVs that makes this game-breaking -- totally unplayable?

I added a me too. I'll do that much.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

There's a cheat for this, matchspeedstereo off or something. :/ I don't use it, so I don't remember.

If the TV scramble is intentional, maybe they'll include a cheat the way they did for stereos.

A cheat won't be enough to make me happy. If they can add a cheat for it, they can override it. I want the game I paid for; not the game they decided to turn it into after I've already paid for it.
  • Options

@greenXen If you find the cheat, or know how to find the cheat, please let me know. I have looked at several cheat pages/sites and I can't find anything for it. I will enter it, as it really bugs me.
    p8L4V6v.png