Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TV channels scrambling...

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

It means there was a time when what would be coming there way wasn't there yet. They'd all be busy later and therefore aren't excess staff. You can't just lay staff off every time there's a slow week in their schedule.

And so far, all the FX people have done is make an FX sea monster and some sheep. Productive use of staff there.

And you know that's all they've done how exactly? You know they've done those things because you were told they did; you know nothing about what else they've done.

Neither do you, so I guess that makes us even.

Lol. I know enough about business to know they aren't twiddling their thumbs 364 days of the year waiting for the day they get to animate a sheep.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    I noticed this too!!
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

It means there was a time when what would be coming there way wasn't there yet. They'd all be busy later and therefore aren't excess staff. You can't just lay staff off every time there's a slow week in their schedule.

And so far, all the FX people have done is make an FX sea monster and some sheep. Productive use of staff there.

And you know that's all they've done how exactly? You know they've done those things because you were told they did; you know nothing about what else they've done.

Actually he covered that too. Here is snippet numero dos:

"Now, you can’t take the FX team and ask them to add pools to the game. They don’t have the work skills to do it; neither do I." (This quote follows my other one directly)

So the fx people only work on fx for the game. They had free time, at which point they stayed busy by thinking of stuff they would like to add. I never said anything about laying off members of the team, I said that the channel scrambling was probably a result of the fx team thinking of an idea when they finished their scheduled work for the pack. Waste of resources when they more than likely have experience with photo editing software, and could easily throw in some variants of cas/bb assets. Instead we got a scramble effect on tv's that has NO added value, and for the most part hasn't been overly popular within this thread or on social media.

All it represents is how committed these people are to improving their game. I don't care if the pack is centered around movies; if they have spare development resources they should go for things that will add value to the game. Which the scrambling does not, it cheapens it IMO.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Basically, all you're saying is they should only do stuff you like. Anything else is a waste of their time. What are they supposed to do, survey every player and not do anything anybody objects to? I mean, there's stuff I haven't been thrilled with - ghosts, for example. Didn't want them in my game. Were those a waste of resources, or are they okay for dev time if you want them? See where I'm going? We, individually, don't get to be the arbiters of what's a waste of resource time and what isn't. There's never going to be a change that some people don't like.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Basically, all you're saying is they should only do stuff you like. Anything else is a waste of their time. What are they supposed to do, survey every player and not do anything anybody objects to? I mean, there's stuff I haven't been thrilled with - ghosts, for example. Didn't want them in my game. Were those a waste of resources, or are they okay for dev time if you want them? See where I'm going? We, individually, don't get to be the arbiters of what's a waste of resource time and what isn't. There's never going to be a change that some people don't like.

I really like your post! This is how I feel. No one is going to like every change they make.

Ever try watching a movie in real life on triple speed?? crystal clear isn't it.....
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I'm saying they have a game that's still lacking in a lot of areas and instead of improving it, even by something as small as adding more color variants, they choose to change something that worked completely fine before hand.

That's all. I as a consumer have the right to assist the developers with feedback about my experience. As do you, and everybody else. I as a consumer can, and will, say when *I* find something to be a waste of time. You know why? Because that's my opinion, if you don't share it good for you, but please refrain from putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

• Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    SimGuruGraham shared this on twitter today. LOL Proof they can't win, poor guys! hahaha
    CYjVfOiUAAAkpMJ.jpg

Would be a little more convincing if the person who wrote they love it, wasn't one of the staff for a sim's fansite that never acknowledges the games shortcomings or problems.

I still hate it. It worked just fine before, and imo it's a waste of resources to do this. It doesn't add realism, or fun, it adds some unrealistic cartoony tv scrambling that reminds me of a 90's children's show. I can think of plenty of small scale changes the team could work on instead of wasting their development time on things that don't even improve the game.

This.

Literally SimsVIP is so biased. They've threatened to ban people in the comment section for posting critique about the game.

This feature is so ugly and unneeded. So many other things could have been done instead. It looks like a jelly blob floating across a screen. It literally makes me so mad that they chose to do this.
  • Options
    Pallypoo wrote: »

I really like your post! This is how I feel. No one is going to like every change they make.

Ever try watching a movie in real life on triple speed?? crystal clear isn't it.....

Yes, it's not crystal clear but it's not a gigantic blob of jelly either. It's forcing higher speed players to change their gameplay.

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I read that SimGuruDaniel said it was intentional to keep sims from trying to watch a movie and react to it when you are fast forwarding the game as the animations might turn to plum. Don't like this function myself and wish they could limit it to only movies that came with the movie stuff pack if necessary, and not all channels. I get nauseous with the way it looks now :neutral:

Do you have a link to this or know where he said it? I think I could understand them doing it if it's going to keep animations from glitching out. Which, if that's the case, means they probably won't be adding a cheat for it, either. Would be nice if they would've added it with the Movie Pack only, though, so people who don't like it can do without it. Wonder if that means they'll end up adding reactions to things on the tv sets, as well then, at some point?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I read that SimGuruDaniel said it was intentional to keep sims from trying to watch a movie and react to it when you are fast forwarding the game as the animations might turn to plum. Don't like this function myself and wish they could limit it to only movies that came with the movie stuff pack if necessary, and not all channels. I get nauseous with the way it looks now :neutral:

Do you have a link to this or know where he said it? I think I could understand them doing it if it's going to keep animations from glitching out. Which, if that's the case, means they probably won't be adding a cheat for it, either. Would be nice if they would've added it with the Movie Pack only, though, so people who don't like it can do without it. Wonder if that means they'll end up adding reactions to things on the tv sets, as well then, at some point?

Had they kept this with the movie pack that would have been fine and dandy, but they forced this unnecessary change upon all players. Apparently it never occurred to them that players may not like it, and may want a way to remove it.

I wouldn't say they won't add a cheat to disable it, but I hope that cheat will keep it off. I shouldn't have to put in a cheat to make the game enjoyable for myself, these kind of options should be in the settings panel.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    I enjoyed the scrambling effect. Very cool, fun and logical. Even in real life, when we switch a faster speed for video, the image may be slightly distorted. It is a fact that is not always possible to please everyone. I do not think it was a waste of time creating this effect. The truth is that people complain about absolutely everything, even silly things. Why I'll want to see what is being broadcast on TV while I'm on speed 3? Of course this is my opinion, but to me it seems illogical to worry about something I can see normally in the most appropriate speed to play, speed 1.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    iamsam32iamsam32 Posts: 67 Member
    I never realized how many people play on higher speeds before this feature. I have to say I am impressed, I have been playing since Sims 1 and on normal speed I still can't keep up half the time. I probably wouldn't have even noticed this...
  • Options
    iamsam32iamsam32 Posts: 67 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I'm confused. If you're fast forwarding, this sort of thing makes sense to me...I mean if you're fast forwarding I'm guessing you didn't care that much about actually watching the tv show/movie anyway.
    its just how i play the game. i spend a bulk of game play on fast speed. i dont find watching my sims do the same daily tasks over and over on normal speed interesting and watching movies and hearing music is something more for me than my sims. i also dont like the visual of the scramble for immersion reasons. but also understand others play differently

Thanks for explaining that...guess I am too much of a control freak in my Simworld...lol Still impressed either way but now it makes sense why people are upset.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    They should make stuff like this optional features, if they're going to change this I hope they don't completely take it out for those players who want this happening with their TVs.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    SimGuruGraham shared this on twitter today. LOL Proof they can't win, poor guys! hahaha
    CYjVfOiUAAAkpMJ.jpg

It seems likesome people can't win these days, at least with anything surrounding entertainment, but hey, you can't please everyone :p
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Personally, I really enjoy this scrambling effect, I have no intention to watch TV Shows or Movies in my game whilst playing at faster speeds(that's the reason I change speeds), not everyone is going to like the changes made to the game - if they remove this effect, some people will be displeased, if they keep this effect, some people will be displeased. Just like how some people are displeased with some of the things in the game and how some people are pleased with those same things, once you add something intentionally and there are those who enjoy it, you're going to get unhappy fans whether you keep it or not.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the scrambling effect. Very cool, fun and logical. Even in real life, when we switch a faster speed for video, the image may be slightly distorted. It is a fact that is not always possible to please everyone. I do not think it was a waste of time creating this effect. The truth is that people complain about absolutely everything, even silly things. Why I'll want to see what is being broadcast on TV while I'm on speed 3? Of course this is my opinion, but to me it seems illogical to worry about something I can see normally in the most appropriate speed to play, speed 1.

I play on speed 1 primarily. I do fast forward during certain events, but the glaring thing about this is just how exaggerated it is. Had they had some kind of overlay over the video it would be different, but as is this looks like your tv went out of service. This could have been done better if it absolutely needed to be done.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Honestly, I don't get the complaints. if you're speeding up time, then you wouldn't be able to really enjoy it in the first place.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't get the complaints. if you're speeding up time, then you wouldn't be able to really enjoy it in the first place.

That's cuz last time, we could speed up time and still enjoy it in the first place. :wink:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    CYjVfOiUAAAkpMJ.jpg

Would be a little more convincing if the person who wrote they love it, wasn't one of the staff for a sim's fansite that never acknowledges the games shortcomings or problems.

I still hate it. It worked just fine before, and imo it's a waste of resources to do this. It doesn't add realism, or fun, it adds some unrealistic cartoony tv scrambling that reminds me of a 90's children's show. I can think of plenty of small scale changes the team could work on instead of wasting their development time on things that don't even improve the game.

This.

Literally SimsVIP is so biased. They've threatened to ban people in the comment section for posting critique about the game.

The thing is that The SimsVIP doesn't sit around all day comparing 4 to 3 and and tearing apart every the gurus say or do, unlike many people on these forums. They focus on what's being changed or added in the game, they are not a place for negativity. If one of their authors likes the new fast forward feature, then that's their opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    CYjVfOiUAAAkpMJ.jpg

This.

The thing is that The SimsVIP doesn't sit around all day comparing 4 to 3 and and tearing apart every the gurus say or do, unlike many people on these forums. They focus on what's being changed or added in the game, they are not a place for negativity. If one of their authors likes the new fast forward feature, then that's their opinion.

What does TS3 have to do with this?

The staff in the comment section is mainly what I'm referring to. It's like walking on eggshells down there.

Just because that's what they think doesn't mean they can force it on others. They deleted a whole bunch of tweets about "negative" players that got them in trouble.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

Did I miss something? I don't recall anyone comparing Sims 4 to 3 in this thread and would like to keep it that way. Pretty sure most here know how I feel about 3.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    IsadoraExplorerIsadoraExplorer Posts: 41 Member
    I'm still really hoping that they will either put a cheat code in or a toggle in the settings.
    Because as I keep playing it is just getting more and more distracting (again photosensitive). I think it's the comedy channel... which is just quick flashes of red and white... which is the absolute worst... I have basically stopped letting my sims watch that channel because it hurts my eyes on fast-forward.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    CYjVfOiUAAAkpMJ.jpg

This.

The staff in the comment section is mainly what I'm referring to. It's like walking on eggshells down there.

Just because that's what they think doesn't mean they can force it on others. They deleted a whole bunch of tweets about "negative" players that got them in trouble.

When exactly did this happen? The only time I've seen them threatening to ban someone was when some person said that they were getting paid off by Maxis and EA to make positive reviews about the game.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    CYjVfOiUAAAkpMJ.jpg

This.

When exactly did this happen? The only time I've seen them threatening to ban someone was when some person said that they were getting paid off by Maxis and EA to make positive reviews about the game.

It was during the infamous toddler announcement. The comments were all critique and they were threatening to ban people.