Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TV channels scrambling...

Comments

• Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    mskube wrote: »
    I wonder can we re-size that tv? I'm going to go check.

@mskube Just tested. Can't make it smaller, but can definitely make it bigger. Picture looks good too. Hopefully they won't fix it. Still won't buy the pack unless the fix is undone though. It's a change that wasn't necessary. There are plenty of other changes that need to be made. This was not one of them.

Thank you, so glad we can re-size it I hope they leave this tv alone. I really wish they would just fix the bugs instead of tweaking things. There are some bugs that have been going on for months, like the sit down before putting books and toys away as well as cleaning up the dishes. I don't know what that scrambled tv has to do with movies.

That's my point. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything. There are already several things that need work in this game. Scrambling the view on the television was not one of those things. It does absolutely nothing for gameplay other than peeve a select few off (like me). Other than that, there are no benefits to it. I can not reiterate enough how little it adds to anything.

There is a list of things that should have been given priority over this, and I'm not talking about things that are missing. I'm talking about things that need fixing since day one and counting.

Exactly my thoughts.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Soo I thought you were over reacting at first but I went and tried it in my game and it does look pretty hideous.. I don't really like it honestly..
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Found this on Twitter:
    Uten%20navn_zpsvhc70tjm.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited January 2016
    I thought it was something going on with my Mac but I'm glad I found this. Why was this even remotely necessary to add? Can we at least get a cheat to turn this off?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2016
    I wonder can we re-size that tv? I'm going to go check.

@mskube Just tested. Can't make it smaller, but can definitely make it bigger. Picture looks good too. Hopefully they won't fix it. Still won't buy the pack unless the fix is undone though. It's a change that wasn't necessary. There are plenty of other changes that need to be made. This was not one of them.

Thank you, so glad we can re-size it I hope they leave this tv alone. I really wish they would just fix the bugs instead of tweaking things. There are some bugs that have been going on for months, like the sit down before putting books and toys away as well as cleaning up the dishes. I don't know what that scrambled tv has to do with movies.

That's my point. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything. There are already several things that need work in this game. Scrambling the view on the television was not one of those things. It does absolutely nothing for gameplay other than peeve a select few off (like me). Other than that, there are no benefits to it. I can not reiterate enough how little it adds to anything.

There is a list of things that should have been given priority over this, and I'm not talking about things that are missing. I'm talking about things that need fixing since day one and counting.

^ This.

There is so much buggy behaviour going on in the game now, it is actually making it hard work to play...and then they introduce new 'features' like this?

The buggy glitches and irritating new features are really sapping the fun out of the game for me, atm.

I'm not bothered about any new packs, tbh. I just want my game to work
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    in case anyone is interested oh and i should add since i havent read most of the posts here hopefully this is original :) CC TV dont seem to have this issue.

i really dont care for the game to act differently when i have it on fast speed especially since i prefer to play most times that way. so i use shimrod's mod for music and discovered by accident that the custom TVs dont have what i think is the annoying new code.
  • Options
    IsadoraExplorerIsadoraExplorer Posts: 41 Member
    @kremesch73

I made a forum post in the Ideas Corner about having a cheat implemented into the game like matchspeedstereo on/off for TVs.

I would link it... but alas I cannot link posts yet... it's called ALLOW FOR TV SCRAMBLE TO BE CHEATED ON/OFF
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Is it that you want TV animation to be normal speed while you're on high game speeds? Not trying to be inconsiderate - just trying to grasp under what circumstances this matters. I never paid attention, but I would have thought that without the scramble, the animations would be sped up anyway, so it would be a visual headache and not something you'd want to look at regardless. Maybe I'm wrong about that.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @kremesch73

I made a forum post in the Ideas Corner about having a cheat implemented into the game like matchspeedstereo on/off for TVs.

I would link it... but alas I cannot link posts yet... it's called ALLOW FOR TV SCRAMBLE TO BE CHEATED ON/OFF

This is the post for anyone wanting to add to it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/869673/allow-for-tv-scramble-to-be-cheated-on-off#latest
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    The Sims Studio adding and changing unnecessary things, nothing new here.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I play in speed one 95% of every sim day. So, this is of no consequence to me, especially because ive seen those shows so many times that idc.

Now that said, i can still understand why this FF effect annoys some people. Personally i like the sims 4 radio music and do dislike it sped up when i actually want to hear it, but it makes sense. This almost makes sense to me as well.

But i thought the shows got sped up anyway? Not sure why (if thats the case) they needed a new animation.

For those who play exclusively on 2 and 3 speed, i understand how this might be obnoxious, same for the music. Instead of a cheat for both, i think it makes more sense for them to just be a toggle option in the game menu.

All of that said, im going to guess the person who made these animations is not the same person who fixes bugs. Also, when fixing bugs, other things have a tendency to break...Other things they never seem to notice in testing, no matter how "obvious", but still...

Dont think this was a case of "either or", but more of a case of "im paying you, do something useful". (useful being subjective here)

When they make changes that affect core game play, its either going to be good or bad, but im far from against them trying new things that seemingly arent that important to the grand scheme of things. Feels like they were trying to add more detail to something "small" and didnt realize how that might make people upset. Tbh i didnt realize this was game breaking for people either.

Idk what the right answer is here, but i hope there will be an alternative for those bothered by this. Especially if its relating to health issues (which i seen mentioned)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @kremesch73

But don't you have to enter the cheat every time you play? If they insist on imposing crap like this on us, they should at least add an "on/off" toggle in the settings menu.
  • Options
    IsadoraExplorerIsadoraExplorer Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2016
    @luthienrising thanks for that :D!

@IceyJ I'm not too sure, but I'll also add your suggestion into the post :)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Is it that you want TV animation to be normal speed while you're on high game speeds? Not trying to be inconsiderate - just trying to grasp under what circumstances this matters. I never paid attention, but I would have thought that without the scramble, the animations would be sped up anyway, so it would be a visual headache and not something you'd want to look at regardless. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

I'm just asking for it to go back to the way it was. I really don't care if they speed the tv up. But scrambling it looks aweful and I'm just asking for something simple and not complicated. Hence, just put it back to the way it was. I was fine with it before. I'm not fine with it now.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    in case anyone is interested oh and i should add since i havent read most of the posts here hopefully this is original :) CC TV dont seem to have this issue.

i really dont care for the game to act differently when i have it on fast speed especially since i prefer to play most times that way. so i use shimrod's mod for music and discovered by accident that the custom TVs dont have what i think is the annoying new code.

Do we know for sure that CC Tv's show the new movies on them? Cause I want a cheat or mod to turn this "feature" :smirk: off... and if I can use CC tv's until one of those two appear that is awesome.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ReclusivesimReclusivesim Posts: 65 Member
    I hate the TV scramble.
  • Options
    ReclusivesimReclusivesim Posts: 65 Member
    Simguru Daniel says this is a feature in the game not a bug.

What? WHY? Link?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    Found this on Twitter:
    Uten%20navn_zpsvhc70tjm.png

I love how the Gurus are like "But tis a feature, a little detail to make it seem cooler when ou fast forward" and most people are like *makes scary voice* "GET RID OF IT!!!!" XD.

I personally don't mind it, I think I'm the only one to actually understands why this is a thing but... if it changes based on feedback, I'm fine with it, but I too think it's a little detail,kind of cool in a way just like the sound speeds up like it did in TS2, which is cool it's one more little detail in the game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I don't mind it but at least make it look realistic. The way it is now just looks like a bad connection during a storm or something.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I don't mind it but at least make it look realistic. The way it is now just looks like a bad connection during a storm or something.

Well if they improve the channel speed vfx I'd be more happy but I kind of like it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Do we know for sure that CC Tv's show the new movies on them? Cause I want a cheat or mod to turn this "feature" :smirk: off... and if I can use CC tv's until one of those two appear that is awesome.
    ive only tested two CC TV and both have the movie options even though they dont get scrambled when the game is on fast speed.

i was able to confirm CC TVs can play movies. and bonus i discovered the GTW Tv behaves just like a CC tv meaning it doesnt scramble at fast speed :)

heres a CC TV showing the movie menu option - sorry its soo blurry i should have picked a bigger option at tinypic
    5bvdpk.png

and heres TVs playing movies on fast speed - only the big screen from movie pack is scrambled but not the CC TV and not the GTW TV
    c57yw.png
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I'm confused. If you're fast forwarding, this sort of thing makes sense to me...I mean if you're fast forwarding I'm guessing you didn't care that much about actually watching the tv show/movie anyway.
  • Options
    Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    I hope their IRL home TV's start doing this muahahahahaha
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• Options
    edited January 2016
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I'm confused. If you're fast forwarding, this sort of thing makes sense to me...I mean if you're fast forwarding I'm guessing you didn't care that much about actually watching the tv show/movie anyway.
    its just how i play the game. i spend a bulk of game play on fast speed. i dont find watching my sims do the same daily tasks over and over on normal speed interesting and watching movies and hearing music is something more for me than my sims. i also dont like the visual of the scramble for immersion reasons. but also understand others play differently
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Thanks @ceejay402 I've downloaded a couple CC tvs, hopefully they don't scramble.

Actually @MocaJava I do care about this horrible, ugly image on my screen when I fast speed. I play in fast speed a lot, and I do care about what is viewed on my screen. Just like people, including me, care that music garbles out when in fast speed. Not everyone is the same. Just cause you play on slow speed and/or don't care when you are in fast speed doesn't mean everyone is like that.
    p8L4V6v.png