March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Is there a mod that will make it so our sims won't pull out the black umbrellas? I don't have the umbrella stand in my homes, but they keep using that ugly black umbrella and it makes my sims tasks even slower and annoying. I do still want the option to have an umbrella, but only when I place the umbrella stand in my homes.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019

simfileshare.net/download/595118/ - Direct Download

littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175440865243/more-umbrella-variations-in-world-seasons-ep-Info about same mod + download link

Sims will still pull out the black umbrella, but this makes it so that they use all the others too. The black umbrella is FAR more uncommon than without the mod.
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Is there a mod that will make it so our sims won't pull out the black umbrellas? I don't have the umbrella stand in my homes, but they keep using that ugly black umbrella and it makes my sims tasks even slower and annoying. I do still want the option to have an umbrella, but only when I place the umbrella stand in my homes.

@Fizzstix
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TheSillyArchitectTheSillyArchitect Posts: 17 Member
    is there a mod that's like "The Sims 3 Fast lane stuff" I absolutely love that and wish that it was in the Sims 4.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    is there a mod that's like "The Sims 3 Fast lane stuff" I absolutely love that and wish that it was in the Sims 4.

You can find one of the cars here: http://modthesims.info/d/567586/updated-classic-convertible-ownable-cars-comb.html
    You need this mod to make it driveable: http://modthesims.info/d/558029
    The converted garage items here: https://simfileshare.net/download/516694/
    https://simfileshare.net/download/516564/
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

simfileshare.net/download/595118/ - Direct Download

littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175440865243/more-umbrella-variations-in-world-seasons-ep-Info about same mod + download link

Sims will still pull out the black umbrella, but this makes it so that they use all the others too. The black umbrella is FAR more uncommon than without the mod.
    Fizzstix wrote: »

@Fizzstix

Thank you, @nerdfashion .. but I don't want them to use an umbrella when there is no umbrella stand on the lot. I can't even click them off from using it.
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Does anybody know if this Mod is still functioning? modthesims.info/d/549937
    And: Is there a Mod like a functional potatoe box? Where I can put my harvested potatoes for my market?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    helen912 wrote: »
    And: Is there a Mod like a functional potatoe box? Where I can put my harvested potatoes for my market?

Yes, the bunk beds still work. Just be sure and not put the long sides against a wall or the top bunk cannot be accessed. You can put the short ends against a wall.

• TheSillyArchitectTheSillyArchitect Posts: 17 Member
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > TheSillyArchitect wrote: »
    >
    > is there a mod that's like "The Sims 3 Fast lane stuff" I absolutely love that and wish that it was in the Sims 4.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can find one of the cars here:
    > You need this mod to make it driveable:
    > The converted garage items here:
    >

Thank you soo much <3
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,552 Member
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Wonderful, thank you :)
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    helen912 wrote: »

Yes, the bunk beds still work. Just be sure and not put the long sides against a wall or the top bunk cannot be accessed. You can put the short ends against a wall.

Thank you so much! :smiley:
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I'm looking for a mod that stop the constant spamming of "celebrate celebrity". The fewer celebrity reactions mod I have doesn't seem to touch that interaction at all and it's getting to be very, very annoying.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,295 Member
    I'm looking for a mod to turn off the flashing white borders, such as in this picture. These are not the "mouse-over" highlight borders, but rather a flashing white border that stays around specific objects until you finish interacting with that object. I've only noticed them so far on certain things in the Get Famous acting career (as in this example with the makeup chair) and in the Strangerville storyline, where it highlights objects you can collect evidence from. They are probably intended to help you figure out what to do next, but I find them annoying because they mess up my screenshots.

Example-1-Object-border.jpg

I've already hunted around and can't find an in-game or cheat way of turning them off. I already have seen that they are not affected by the "headlineeffects off" cheat, which I use all the time. So I think it would have to be a mod solution. But if there is some other way to turn them off, please let me know.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    I'm looking for a mod to turn off the flashing white borders, such as in this picture. These are not the "mouse-over" highlight borders, but rather a flashing white border that stays around specific objects until you finish interacting with that object. I've only noticed them so far on certain things in the Get Famous acting career (as in this example with the makeup chair) and in the Strangerville storyline, where it highlights objects you can collect evidence from. They are probably intended to help you figure out what to do next, but I find them annoying because they mess up my screenshots.

I've already hunted around and can't find an in-game or cheat way of turning them off. I already have seen that they are not affected by the "headlineeffects off" cheat, which I use all the time. So I think it would have to be a mod solution. But if there is some other way to turn them off, please let me know.

There's this one for the GF objects: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/
    It's called 'nocalltoaction_preperformanceobjects' - GF-02

I don't see one for the Strangerville objects.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,295 Member

There's this one for the GF objects: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/
    It's called 'nocalltoaction_preperformanceobjects' - GF-02

I don't see one for the Strangerville objects.

@loubyloulou Thank you! I will check this out.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    This might be kind of a long-shot but I figured I might as well ask.

Does anybody know of an existing mod, or create a new one that can block certain Sims from feeling certain emotions?

My most played Sim is based off an OC of mine who is very near and dear to my heart. However, I can't always play her accurately because of two specific emotions: Anger and Confident. So basically, what I want to know is if there's a mod that can stop her from feeling these specific emotions.

I don't ever want her to feel confident simply because she has no confidence and it bugs me every time she gets that mood buff. Especially if I decide to have her drink Earl Gray tea. And she's the kind of girl who just...won't ever feel confident really. I know there used to be custom traits that blocked the confident mood or buff, but they're extremely old and no longer function.

As far as Anger goes...her character would very rarely ever get angry and there are far too many in game events that cause anger that wouldn't make her angry.

Like for example even if her husband/spouse would flirt with someone else, she wouldn't be the type to get angry -- she would be sad. Regardless of her current relationship status with that person. Or in this case Sim. And I would actually love it if this same mod could replace the anger with sadness but I don't know how complicated that would be.

Likewise, she also wouldn't get angry if someone made fun of her or yelled at her, she would likely be sad, or embarrassed, but never angry.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I tried to explain things the best I can. But well, if anyone needs me to explain better, I can try to do that as well.

Does anybody know of an existing mod, or create a new one that can block certain Sims from feeling certain emotions?

My most played Sim is based off an OC of mine who is very near and dear to my heart. However, I can't always play her accurately because of two specific emotions: Anger and Confident. So basically, what I want to know is if there's a mod that can stop her from feeling these specific emotions.

I don't ever want her to feel confident simply because she has no confidence and it bugs me every time she gets that mood buff. Especially if I decide to have her drink Earl Gray tea. And she's the kind of girl who just...won't ever feel confident really. I know there used to be custom traits that blocked the confident mood or buff, but they're extremely old and no longer function.

As far as Anger goes...her character would very rarely ever get angry and there are far too many in game events that cause anger that wouldn't make her angry.

Like for example even if her husband/spouse would flirt with someone else, she wouldn't be the type to get angry -- she would be sad. Regardless of her current relationship status with that person. Or in this case Sim. And I would actually love it if this same mod could replace the anger with sadness but I don't know how complicated that would be.

Likewise, she also wouldn't get angry if someone made fun of her or yelled at her, she would likely be sad, or embarrassed, but never angry.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I tried to explain things the best I can. But well, if anyone needs me to explain better, I can try to do that as well.

UI Cheats Extension won't block emotions (or substitute other emotions) but it will allow you to delete the buffs that cause the emotions, thus getting rid of the emotions too.

And you can also do that with mccc. :smile:
    Thanks for the help guys...but could you possibly tell me HOW to do it with mccc? I've just recently installed it so I'm still pretty new to how the whole things work.
    Oh wait, I was reading a bit more about the mod and it appears that the Sim already has to be feeling the emotion to be able to delete the buff?

Is there a way to delete them BEFORE the Sims starts feeling them? Or just block them from getting the buff all together.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I've been searching all over for a mod to make aspirations a requirement in clubs, and can't find squat. Any help would be appreciated!
  • OtakuDOtakuD Posts: 5 New Member
    So Im pretty new to the sims and have a few mods installed now.

I bought vampires and am a bit disappointed that I cannot convert children and that they age, is there a way to stop this? I was hoping to convert my entire family and have my kids be masters of Voidcritters! 😁

Also I have seen ppl mention MCC and "story progression" quite often, I know about MCC but what is a "story" exactly? Is it just doing tasks like for your career etc, autonomous events or is it an actual narrative? Personally I don't like my sims doing things outside of my control so I'm not too keen if it just injects actions all the time. Forgive me if this is asked often, the answers I have found don't seem incredibly clear.
    OtakuD wrote: »
    So Im pretty new to the sims and have a few mods installed now.

I bought vampires and am a bit disappointed that I cannot convert children and that they age, is there a way to stop this? I was hoping to convert my entire family and have my kids be masters of Voidcritters! 😁

Also I have seen ppl mention MCC and "story progression" quite often, I know about MCC but what is a "story" exactly? Is it just doing tasks like for your career etc, autonomous events or is it an actual narrative? Personally I don't like my sims doing things outside of my control so I'm not too keen if it just injects actions all the time. Forgive me if this is asked often, the answers I have found don't seem incredibly clear.

MCCC story progression doesn't provide a narrative, it lets NPCs marry and have kids, thus keeping your worlds alive without too much intervention from you. Personally I love this, but if you like to control who marries whom, who has/doesn't have kids outside of the household you're playing then this aspect of the mod is probably not for you.
    edited August 2019
    Oh wait, I was reading a bit more about the mod and it appears that the Sim already has to be feeling the emotion to be able to delete the buff?

Is there a way to delete them BEFORE the Sims starts feeling them? Or just block them from getting the buff all together.

Hi again, :smile: I do not know how to block a buff before it occurs, just if it occurs you can instantly get it away. Therefore it is important to go through the whole mccc - it shows up so many possibilities and options that I still sometimes search for things I do not use that often. But it is worth to discover every single option, starting by having a bigger householf - only if u want, of course - and so on and on. You can find the possibility to change a buff under Sim info cheats, I think ... I hope so ... where you also can cheat the career or the whole personality the way you want. Just discover and have fun. :wink:
    @helen912
    Ahh, well thank you so much for the help anyway. Anything is greatly appreciated.

Awhile back someone had made a trait mod called "insecure" which actually prevented Sims from feeling confident. Sadly though, the mod was broken back around the time Cats and Dogs came out, and I have yet to find a similar mod. I was kind of hoping someone here knew someone who created a newer version of this trait, or actually created one themselves.

modthesims.info/download.php?t=550377&c=1&goto=newpost