Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy Mess: GreenXen's Bug List [CANCELED]

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Rubysim wrote: »
    There is a bug that a club meeting is happening at my sims house and there is inappropriate behaviour so my sim kicks them out but when this happens everything disappears in the house!
    the House before!
    01-07-16_8-44-28nbspPM_zpsbe7uount.png
    The House After!
    01-07-16_8-45-28nbspPM_zpspr3i8nhs.png
    This is after the update, I had no mods or cc in when updating! and none at the moment!

thats not good ill test tonight
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I know this is widely being reported, but since it's happening in my game too, I'm including it here.

64. 1/7/2016
    Issue
    Food Too Hot.

Sims find all prepared food too hot, including salads. They wave their hands and exhale heavily to cool their mouths down.

Steps you took for Issue to occur
    1. Had Sim eat any food.

Picture

2ns0rdd.jpg

https://youtu.be/XO3PZkkHzYQ

Where does the bug occur ?
    Seems to happen everywhere Sims can eat a prepared dish. (Eating fresh produce from the garden seems to be exempt.)

Mods/CC
    None.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Stuff: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Spooky
    GP: Spa Day
    EP: None

Occurring since
    Since the 1/7/2016 patch -- (PC Version 1.14.49.1020).

EA AHQ Report
    Food Too Hot
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    There is a bug that a club meeting is happening at my sims house and there is inappropriate behaviour so my sim kicks them out but when this happens everything disappears in the house!
    the House before!
    The House After!
    This is after the update, I had no mods or cc in when updating! and none at the moment!

Hi, @Rubysim. This is a personal bug list of problems I've discovered in my own game. You're welcome to post here, but I do not have Get Together yet, so your issue won't be added to the original list. I see that @Ceejay402 and @Rosemow are looking at your report, but if you feel you need additional help, you may want to start another thread. I'm sorry you're experiencing problems in your game.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2016
    @greenXen wrote: »
    the House before!
    The House After!

Hi, @Rubysim. This is a personal bug list of problems I've discovered in my own game. You're welcome to post here, but I do not have Get Together yet, so your issue won't be added to the original list. I see that @Ceejay402 and @Rosemow are looking at your report, but if you feel you need additional help, you may want to start another thread. I'm sorry you're experiencing problems in your game.

This is normal.

When you knock at a door, the house becomes visible. When you're asked to leave, the house won't show properly. It behaves the same as before.

You'd then need to knock on the door to be able to come in again.
    The house acts like you never knocked on the door, which is correct.
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited January 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    the House before!
    The House After!

This is normal.

When you knock at a door, the house becomes visible. When you're asked to leave, the house won't show properly. It behaves the same as before.

Its not normal because my sims are not visiting this house, they live there and they are kicking out guests. I have found that my sims visiting another lot and going back home fixes the problem but it is the inappropriate behaviour that is causing it! Its the Renegades Club!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    the House before!
    The House After!

This is normal.

Its not normal because my sims are not visiting this house, they live there and they are kicking out guests. I have found that my sims visiting another lot and going back home fixes the problem but it is the inappropriate behaviour that is causing it! Its the Renegades Club!

hi @Rubysim i tried replicating the problem and couldnt get any action by guest to be deemed inappropriate i did use my own club. ill set up a test using the renegades.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I updated #47, the invisible plate problem. It seems like it might be another case of overpowered multi-tasking.

I have (at least on one lot) been able to reproduce the error consistently by having the Sim eat any dish and then asking him or her to write any type of song on the piano. This particular error seems reliably reproducible (at least on the one lot I tried it on). Asking them to practice did not reproduce the error. I have not tried other instruments or other lots yet.

2cpyjxu.jpg

https://youtu.be/A4Nku_I_qVk

More of the same:

https://youtu.be/ftVqwzi3n4E
    greenXen wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Added more information to #47, Sims eating off of invisible plates.

There seems to be another manifestation of this bug from what I originally reported. Sometimes Sims will get up, leaving their plates behind to continue working at and eating off of the keyboard.

11abwas.jpg

https://youtu.be/95j5Lz5hQmk

ive had eating off the keyboard many times the sims plate is sitting on a open space on the desk. i discovered if i use MOO and place things touching on the space for the computer it doesnt registered it as occupied. a test to confirm is to move the desk to a wide open space with nothing on it and see if the sims stops eat there. if so its something on the desk or near it with a wide footprint. i typically live with this since i use tons of clutter.

not rendering a plate in your case i guess could be a graphic glitch or bug

The plate is sitting on the dining room table with food disappearing from it as she eats here too.

15i5eu1.jpg

Post edited by greenXen on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Updated item #46, Using ']' key not working for mirrors

It seems that this also happens with windows and Sim-created paintings (the ones they paint on the easels), but not decor paintings in buy mode.

1s1sud.jpg

2liu4gl.jpg
  • Options

68. 1/9/2016
    Issue
    Aspiration Failure -- Publish 10 Books

For the Novelest Novelist level of the Bestselling Author aspiration, "submit book copy to literary digest" does not fulfill the requirement to "publish 10 books".

1. Selected Bestselling Author aspiration.
    2. Had Sim write book.
    3. Clicked on mailbox.
    4. Selected "submit book copy to literary digest".

Picture

https://youtu.be/saGOyrt4nFg

Home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ?? I don't know for certain. I do not *think* it was always this way.

EA AHQ Report

[COLLECTION THREAD]Aspirations Not Fulfilling
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    70. 1/10/2016
    Issue
    Aspiration Failure -- Perform 3 Comedy Routines

Performing a comedy routine by clicking on the rocket ship and selecting "perform routine in space" does not fulfill the level 4 requirement of "perform 3 comedy routines" in the Joke Star aspiration.

1. Had Sim join entertainment career.
    2. Had Sim work way up to level 9 of career.
    3. Selected Joke Star aspiration (when Sim was on level 4).
    4. Clicked on rocket ship and selected "perform routine in space".

Picture

https://youtu.be/ARYpjtbno5k

35mh7c3.jpg

Have only seen it on home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I'm not sure, possibly game launch when I reported that performing the comedy routine in space did not fulfill the daily task requirement. At the time, that Sim had already fulfilled the aspiration requirement, so I didn't check on that then.

EA AHQ Report
    [COLLECTION THREAD]Aspirations Not Fulfilling
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    71. 1/10/2016
    Issue
    Daily Task Failure -- Write/Perform Routine

At levels 6 through 10 of the Comedian career, there is a daily task requirement to "write/perform routine". Performing a routine by selecting "practice a comedy routine" from the microphone options does not fulfill this daily task requirement.

I do not think this is intended as selecting "practice a comedy routine" does fulfill the Joke Star aspiration goal of "perform 3 comedy routines".

1. Had Sim join Entertainer career.
    2. Had Sim work up to level 6 and select Comedian track of career.
    3. Clicked on microphone and selected "practice a comedy routine".

Picture

https://youtu.be/V4KvtF4d_PQ

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I believe since game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    [COLLECTION THREAD]Interactions Not Counting Towards Daily Task
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    72. 1/10/2016
    Issue
    Build mode -- Contracted Menu

I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. Clicking on a build mode subcategory with limited items (such as Rocks under the category Outdoor Plants) , selecting any other category (such as Fountains), and then returning to the first category (Outdoor Plants in this example) causes the menu to stay contracted.

There are multiple paths to this outcome. I can't record them all, but here are a few:

1. OUTDOOR PLANTS > rocks > FOUNTAINS > OUTDOOR PLANTS > any category under OUTDOOR PLANTS
    2. WALL PATTERNS > brick and stone > DOORS > WALL PATTERNS > any category under WALL PATTERNS
    3. WINDOWS > tall windows > STAIRS > WINDOWS > any category under WINDOWS

Many more combinations lead to this contracted menu state.

Picture

Example of one of many routes to a contracted menu:

294sy7b.jpg

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Build Mode Feedback
  • Options
    63. 1/6/2016
    Issue
    Can't cook with spinach.

My Sim stopped being able to cook any dish requiring 'spinach' or 'any vegetable' despite having spinach in the inventory. When I instruct him to cook the dish, it simply never appears in his queue. Other dishes seem to be OK.

I tried dragging and dropping a second spinach from another Sim's inventory into his inventory, but it just 'disappeared'. She no longer had any spinach in her inventory and he still had only one spinach.

I also tried removing the spinach from his inventory and placing it on the counter. He still was unable to prepare dishes with spinach.

Other Sims in the household (none of whom had spinach anymore) were able to cook dishes requiring spinach.

1. Selected Sim.
    2. Clicked on refrigerator and selected 'Cook' or 'Cook Gourmet Meal'.
    3. Selected 'Omelet', 'Spinach Frittata', or 'Vegetable Tempura' from list of options.

Update: The problem seems to happen when the Sim has items from the starter seed packets in the inventory, but not actual produce. I was able to reproduce this error by:

1. Using up all the spinach in my Sim's inventory.
    2. Clicking on a plant box and purchasing another 'starter vegetable' seed packet.
    3. Opening seed packet.
    4. Clicking on the refrigerator and selecting 'chicken saltimbocca' and choosing any size.

Picture

https://youtu.be/44hBwVpyE_I

Have only seen it happen to this particular Sim on this lot.

Same Sim on same lot can't make "superfood salad" with pomegranate, other Sims on the lot can.

There seems to be 'hidden' produce somewhere.

I indicated before that when he had this problem with the spinach, Derrick's inventory only showed 1 bunch of spinach, but when he came back from work his inventory showed 3 and he could cook spinach dishes again.

This time Derrick's inventory showed 11 pomegranates. I went to try another Sim (Nina), but she didn't have any pomegranates, so I moved one of Derrick's pomegranates to her inventory. That worked. Then I moved all of Derrick's pomegranates into Nina's inventory to see if he could cook without the pomegranates. He could, but Nina wound up with 12 pomegranates somehow.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    73. 1/10/2016
    Issue
    No Aura -- Simanite

Simanite doesn't seem to grant an energizing aura.

1. Place Simanite in room near Sim.
    2. Enable aura.

Picture

2hwcjeh.jpg

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ?

EA AHQ Report
    Objects Not Giving Emotional Aura
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    74. 1/11/2016
    Issue
    Connections Reward Overwpowerd by Last Employment Level.

The "connections" aspiration reward is supposed to guarantee Sims start at a higher career level:

167l3y8.jpg

This is not always the case. If a Sim has never joined a career before, he or she will start at level 4 (which poses another problem, see Renaissance aspiration failure). But, if a Sim has already worked in a field and then quits or finds another job, he or she will join one career level lower than when he or she quit the career. This arrangement makes some sense if a Sim has achieved a high career level (5-10), but for lower career levels it actually renders the "connection" reward useless.

For example, my Sim in the video below worked her way up to level two of the Painter career. Then she switched jobs and switched back. She now starts at level 1 of the Painter career despite having the "connections" reward.

1. Had Sim work to level 2 of the Painter career.
    2. Had Sim quit job.
    3. Had Sim use the phone to "find job" and selected the Painter track again.

Picture

https://youtu.be/JNVsLm3fuoE

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game Launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Connections Trait Not Working -- Careers Start at 1st Level
  • Options
    I didn't notice anything about being unable to resume books in your list, so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

When a sim is trying to write a book and breaks off and tries to resume, then the sim has start over. I have seen it in both vanilla and modded games. Work round is to push through and write the book in one setting. It may work next time, it may not.

Thanks, @ModerateOsprey, I haven't seen this though. I've been able to resume books all along. I just tried it with a Sim and it worked fine. Maybe it's only with certain genres of books?

Writing music was a problem early on, but that was fixed in a patch.

Edit: Ahh, I see. They can't be resumed if you travel before resuming. I haven't tried that recently.

Duh, I meant to quote that thread..seems the sim's amnesia is catching :/

Another quick one...some time ago in a patch, they set the relationship panel to be sorted by default to the last sim a sim interacted with. This no longer works in All category.

Have you checked this recently? Unless, I'm misunderstanding you, it seems to work for me. Maybe the issue is tied to a pack I don't have?

https://youtu.be/YhDCydqPoOI
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    75. 1/11/2016
    Issue
    The skill bar doesn't glow when Sims are doing angry exercises. I don't know if this means that they are not getting the emotional boost as well. It's hard to judge something like that.

1. Got Sim in angry mood.
    2. Clicked on weight lifting machine.
    3. Had Sim perform "enraged reps".

I did not try with a Sim who can do angry push-ups yet.

Picture

2lo3moo.jpg

Home and Public Lots -- I've tested a few lots with a couple of households.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game Launch.

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    76. 1/12/2016
    Issue
    Duffle o' Cash reward from level 3 of the Criminal career does not give emotional boost. It is supposed to provide a level 2 playful moodlet when the arua is enabled or the object is viewed. It does neither.

1. Placed Sim in vicinity of bag.
    2. Enabled aura by clicking on the bag and selecting the option.

OR

1. Placed Sim in vicinity of bag.
    2. Clicked on bag and had Sim "view".

(Also, duffel is the preferred spelling. :/Google Ngram)

Picture

2i6njx0.jpg

https://youtu.be/FJ-c_BR-oY0

I have only tested 2 home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game Launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Objects Not Giving Emotional Auras

• Options
    edited January 2016
    77. 1/13/2016
    Issue
    In rare instances, dragging and dropping produce into the refrigerator causes the Freelance Botanist aspiration window to pop-up and make noise as if the aspiration were being fulfilled.

Update: I got this again with a different Sim on the same lot who has the Freelance Botanist pop-up when she is asked to cook dishes. Switching aspirations and switching back cleared the error this time.

1. Dragged and drop various produce items into the refrigerator.

This only happened a couple of times, so I did not test different refrigerator models, etc.

Picture

https://youtu.be/b9GxoMfeXxc

Only happened on one lot so far.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ?

EA AHQ Report
    None.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    78. 1/13/2016
    Issue
    Event Goal -- Listen to Music

There is a requirement for Dinner Parties to have 3 Sims listen to music at the same time. This does not seem to register for getting Sims to listen to the piano.

1. Had Sim use phone to plan a dinner party.
    2. After guests had eaten, selected "piper" > "carol of cleaning".

Outcome: Event goal did not register.

1. Had Sim use phone to plan a dinner party.
    2. After guests had eaten, selected "jazz up the place".

Outcome: Event goal did not register (and Sim kept playing music long after the audio had stopped, see #79 -- audio/visual mismatch).

Picture

https://youtu.be/6K7vOLSI2NQ

o74k7p.jpg

Only observed on one home lot in Newcrest so far.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ??

EA AHQ Report

• Options
    edited January 2016
    79. 1/13/2016
    Issue
    Audio/Visual Mismatch -- Jazz Up the Place

When asked to "jazz up the place", Sims keep playing the piano a Sim hour after the audio for the music has ended.

Steps you took for issue to occur
    1. Had Sim throw party.
    2. Clicked on piano and selected "jazz up the place".

Picture

https://youtu.be/6K7vOLSI2NQ

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ??

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    80. Text Errors – Various

@SimGuruRusskii

There are numerous, small text errors in the game. The biggest error is the lack of consistency across the game. For example, sometimes you choose to use serial commas and sometimes you don’t, sometimes it’s décor and other times it’s decor, sometimes keywords are capitalized and sometimes not. In many cases, either way is acceptable, but please decide as a group what the convention you will follow will be and stick with it.

I know some of these errors may seem small, and it may seem like many people won’t notice them, but often, even if people don’t notice them on a conscious level, they do notice them on an unconscious one and it creates a general feeling of displeasure.
    1. Bluebells is misspelled under the grafting options. It should be one word:
      2m3jset.jpg
    2. All spliced plants have an extra “and” in the list of combined plants:
      fnwwmw.jpg
    3. For the mushroom, “feast off” should be “feast on” (Google Ngram). Actually, it should be, "With ribbed underbellies and fleshy tops, mushrooms feast on decay":
      i6xhs4.jpg
    4. For spliced plants, some are listed in their singular forms and others in their plural forms. Please pick one and be consistent:

Singular: strawberry, bluebell, dragonfruit [sic], snapdragon, plantain, apple, pear, banana, pomegranate, lemon, tulip, death flower, orchid, cherry, basil, parsley, sage, bird of paradise, lily, trash fruit, blackberry, spinach, and chrysanthemum.

Plural: grapes, bonsai buds, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, and onions.
      2nc42zk.jpg
    5. Dragon fruit is two words, not one:
      nvd5s7.jpg
    6. Inconsistent capitalization on seed packet descriptions. Example:
      2pq04sw.jpg
    7. Missing punctuation on television channel description:
      2cf6ziq.jpg
    8. Extra space in gardening book description:
      2en3qjk.jpg
    9. Extraneous comma after “hard” in Guitar Vol 1:
      fneejr.jpg
    10. Example of serial comma being used in one case and not used in another:
      24pavsl.jpg
    11. Extra space after the hyphen in “sleep-runner”:
      t5rq5u.jpg
    12. “Crash down about” should be “crash down around” (Google Ngram):
      8ybcoz.jpg
    13. Extra comma after “theme” in Improptu Impromptu description:
      2mricrq.jpg
    14. The description of Wellness Vol 1 is missing a hyphen in “well-being” (Google Ngram):
      11817dc.jpg
    15. The word “gaudi” should be “gaudy” or “Gaudí”:
      30bfy2h.jpg
    16. Missing comma between “bold” and “stylish”:
      2dm60r8.jpg
    17. Missing comma between “practical” and “wooden”:
      b8k074.jpg
    18. “Collectibles” with an “i” is the preferred form over “collectables” (Google Ngram):
      2llow94.jpg
    19. ”Duffle” should be spelled “duffel” (Google Ngram):
      w22e5y.jpg
    20. It should be “salvage parts”, not “salvage into parts” (Google Ngram):
      rk57p2.jpg
    21. The portion sizes for fish tacos are reversed. Possibly, the price is also incorrect since it costs the same to make a 4 person plate as an 8 person plate.
      bf3zhj.jpg

This will be continued on the EA forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Various-Text-Errors/m-p/5092823#U5092823
  • Options
    81. 1/14/2016
    Issue
    Routing Issue -- Sitting After Playing Instruments, Before Putting Away Food

Some of my Sims sit down after being told to put away food or to play an instrument.

1. Clicked on any plate of food sitting out in the open.
    2. Selected "put away".

OR

1. Clicked on violin or guitar. (Sims are seated already while playing the piano, so this is harder to see with them although it may still be happening.)
    2. Selected any action -- "strum/bow for inspiration", "practice", "write jingle", etc.
    3. Quit action or let it run to completion.

Picture

Sim sitting before putting away plate:

https://youtu.be/Stq8kcsKDyc

Sim sitting after playing instruments (extended). Seating occurs @0:37 and @0:53 I did note in one test that if I did not queue any actions afterward, the Sims still sat down after playing instruments, so it's tied to the instrument playing animation rather than the transition between actions.

https://youtu.be/Du12o42efKs

But, this does not happen with all Sims. Note that the wife does not experience this:

https://youtu.be/SErJzQiv-VM

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Probably one of the December 2015 patches.

EA AHQ Report
    Routing Sit Down Issue on Cleaning Dishes
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    82. 1/14/2016
    Issue
    Persistent Nudity Censor

The blur for the nudity censor does not disappear when switching floors.

1. Had Sim take shower in any model of shower.
    2. Changed storeys before Sim finished shower.

Picture

4vojus.jpg

https://youtu.be/U1O3EXoYwkg

All lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since