Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy Mess: GreenXen's Bug List [CANCELED]

Comments

• Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited December 2015
    44. 12/27/2015
    Issue
    Painting 'mathematical diagram' does not count toward daily task of 'create paintings' for Painter career.

Steps you took for Issue to occur
    1. Had Sim join Painter career.
    2. Got Sim into a focused state.
    3. Had Sim paint a 'mathematical diagram'.

(Confident and flirty paintings counted.)

Picture

https://youtu.be/ChpUpdznD6c

Where does the bug occur ?
    Only tested on two home lots with two different easels, the "Easy-Breasy Easel" and the "E.A.S.L. Easel".

Mods/CC
    None.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Stuff: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Spooky
    GP: Spa Day
    EP: None

Occurring since
    I don't know.

EA AHQ Report
    Painting a Mathematical Diagram Does Not Count Toward Daily Task
    Post edited by greenXen on
  • Options
    45. 12/27/2015
    Issue
    Option to hack work performance does not appear after reaching level 6 of the programming skill.

1. Had Sim program until he reached level 6 of the programming skill.
    2. Looked under 'hack' section of 'program' for the ability to hack work performance.

Picture

f09smh.jpg

At level 6 of the programming skill. (Ability did not appear at levels 7-9 either; did not reach level 10.) It was true for both the "Respecterion" and "All-in-One PC" models.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I don't know. I have seen others report the problem as far back as April 2015.

EA AHQ Report
    Not Able to Hack Work Progress

• Options
    edited December 2015
    46. 12/28/2015
    Issue
    Using the ']' key to enlarge mirrors causes frame to enlarge, but not mirror. This seems to happen regardless of mirror model.

1. Go into build mode.
    2. Purchase any mirror.
    3. Press the ']' key to enlarge.

Error seems 100% reproducible.

Picture

Before and after:

w6qfz4.jpg

Tested with multiple mirrors:

2wck01y.jpg

Wherever you can place a mirror.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I don't know.

EA AHQ Report
    Resizing Wall Mirrors and Windows Does Not Work
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    47. 12/28/2015
    Issue
    Sims eat off invisible plates.

Sometimes (maybe up to 5% of the time) Sims will get up from eating and leave their plates behind, but walk off and eat from invisible plates. It seems a little more than just cosmetic because the Sims don't do the animation for picking up their plates, and when they are done eating off of the invisible plate, they just walk off rather than washing an invisible dish or putting the invisible plate down on a counter or table.

1. Have Sim eat any dish.

Picture

df9imd.jpg

Video is very short and bad. If I catch them again, I will try to get better footage. In the video, the plate the Sim had isn't just invisible, it's actually left sitting on the counter with food disappearing from it as she eats.

https://youtu.be/IwmBztxd4bw

I have only witnessed it on home lots so far.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    One of the December 2015 patches.

EA AHQ Report
    Sims Eat Off Invisible Plates
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    2jdrqr5.jpg

Multi-tasking seems a bit overpowered, in general. I don't know what he thinks he is going to do with that bunny.

ETA: Another one.

Update: This isn't exactly a multi-task issue, but it does seem like more of the mighty ball of clay overpowering everything else, so I'll put it here rather than opening another ticket.

Sims sometimes place the ball of clay on the computer (video below). They do not seem like they are two things that should be sharing space. This is a functional issue because while the clay is on the computer, Sims are unable to use the computer.

Sim putting clay on computer:

https://youtu.be/-Hpj-IHkGPY

Sim can't use computer with clay on it:

https://youtu.be/xpGlZ18_B54
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    48. 12/29/2015
    Issue
    Some Plates Cannot Be Dragged from Refrigerator.

Some items cannot be removed from the refrigerator by dragging and dropping. They have to be eaten or 'placed in world' first.

No idea.

Picture
    The plate on the left can be dragged from the refrigerator. Notice it shows normal stats -- quality, time left until spoiling, and which household member prepared it.

The dish on the right cannot be dragged. It does not show the quality or time left until spoiling. Additionally, it was made by a neighbor, not one of the Sims who reside on the current lot. I don't know if this is causal.

2mcwnih.jpg

I have only witnessed it on one lot so far, but there are some other refrigerator glitches in my and other games, which may be related and have occurred across multiple lots.

I tried selling the pictured "Schmapple" fridge and replacing it with the "Crisponix Ultragreat", but still had the same trouble.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Possibly since the 12/4 or 12/17 patch.
    Edit: After reading threads like this, it looks like something that may have been a problem since the beginning. It sounds like all these can't drag and drop items issues may be related and have something to do with belonging to Sims who are not residents of the current lot?

EA AHQ Report
    Can't Drag Food Out Of Fridge

This *does* seem to be a problem of ownership.

I went back in and played the neighbor Rana's household.

I had Rana visit the BFF household and make a parfait dish as a guest and put it in the refrigerator. I was then able to drag the newly made parfait out of the refrigerator as well as the salad pictured. I could *not* drag any of the items made by the actual household members out of the fridge.

Looking at some other reports of similar problems happening after merging households, etc. I wonder if all these drag and drop difficulties don't have to do with how the game handles 'ownership'.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Is anyone looking at this? You seem to be having an awful lot of problems :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    Is anyone looking at this? You seem to be having an awful lot of problems :o

Heh, I can't say that anyone has specifically looked at what I've posted, but a few items are crossed off the list because they fixed them. So, they're probably looking at some reports somewhere. :)
  • Options
    49. 12/29/2015
    Issue
    Can't See Lot Name from World View/Manage Worlds.

This is more of a gameplay issue than a bug, but when I click on a household, sometimes Sims are on different lots. The game prompts me to select which Sim on which lot I want to play. Yet, there is no way to view the home lot names from World View or Manage Worlds.

1. Load a Save.
    2. Select a home where the household members are on different lots.

Picture

Game asks player to select a Sim by lot:

2hgwtud.jpg

But, there is no way to view lot name before selecting the Sim to play:

205doas.jpg

In the household selection screen from Manage Worlds or after loading a save. The public lot names are viewable, but the home lot names are not.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Since the 12/4 patch when you added back in full-color world maps and made some changes to the UI.

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    50. 12/29/2015
    Issue
    Performing yoga routine doesn't count toward "work out for 8 total hours" goal of Basic Trainer level of the Bodybuilder aspiration.

"Practice yoga" doesn't work either.

1. Switched aspiration to Bodybuilder.
    2. Had Sim do a yoga routine on yoga mat.

Picture

2k4idw.jpg

https://youtu.be/AFOWK0lr_OA

Anywhere you can place a yoga mat.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Spa Day

EA AHQ Report
    [COLLECTION THREAD]Aspirations Not Fulfilling
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Maybe I have these problems but I'm just fixated on other things that I'm not seeing them.

Is anyone helping you here?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    Maybe I have these problems but I'm just fixated on other things that I'm not seeing them.

Is anyone helping you here?

You most likely do have these problems. We all got the same game, but we all play differently, so may experience some issues more or less frequently than others. :)

Most of this stuff is just bugs or game issues that Maxis needs to fix. Or not. Their call. But, there's not much for anyone to help with.
  • Options
    51. 12/29/2015
    Issue
    Grills are movable in "live mode".

I keep accidentally moving grills around while playing because they can be moved like plates in live mode. They should only be movable in "build mode" like stoves and other kitchen appliances.

1. bought a grill.
    2. placed the cursor on the grill and moved it.

Picture

None.

Home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ?

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I didn't notice anything about being unable to resume books in your list, so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

When a sim is trying to write a book and breaks off and tries to resume, then the sim has start over. I have seen it in both vanilla and modded games. Work round is to push through and write the book in one setting. It may work next time, it may not.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I didn't notice anything about being unable to resume books in your list, so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

When a sim is trying to write a book and breaks off and tries to resume, then the sim has start over. I have seen it in both vanilla and modded games. Work round is to push through and write the book in one setting. It may work next time, it may not.

Thanks, @ModerateOsprey, I haven't seen this though. I've been able to resume books all along. I just tried it with a Sim and it worked fine. Maybe it's only with certain genres of books?

Writing music was a problem early on, but that was fixed in a patch.

Edit: Ahh, I see. They can't be resumed if you travel before resuming. I haven't tried that recently.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I would also page @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    greenXen wrote: »

Thanks, @ModerateOsprey, I haven't seen this though. I've been able to resume books all along. I just tried it with a Sim and it worked fine. Maybe it's only with certain genres of books?

Edit: Ahh, I see. They can't be resumed if you travel before resuming. I haven't tried that recently.

Duh, I meant to quote that thread..seems the sim's amnesia is catching :/

Another quick one...some time ago in a patch, they set the relationship panel to be sorted by default to the last sim a sim interacted with. This no longer works in All category.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    52. 1/3/2015
    Issue
    Sims return from space naked.

1. Purchase a rocket.
    2. Build a rocket.
    3. Have Sim 'Explore Space' or 'Woohoo in Rocket Ship'.

Edit: The first Sim to disembark after woohooing in the rocket keeps his or her clothes on, but the second changes into his or her birthday suit.

Picture

123bpyc.jpg

Event @ 1:05

https://youtu.be/-c9hoggsJ9U

I have only tested on one home lot with a spaceship.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    12/4 patch

EA AHQ Report
    Sim Returns from Rocketship Mission Naked
  • Options

Another quick one...some time ago in a patch, they set the relationship panel to be sorted by default to the last sim a sim interacted with. This no longer works in All category.

I really dislike the relationship panel. I wish we could sort by the strength of the relationship.
  • Options

I really dislike the relationship panel. I wish we could sort by the strength of the relationship.

Well, in an unmodded game there will hardly be any relationships in there to sort ;)

Yes, usability across the whole UI is certainly not an example of best practice.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options

53. 1/3/2015
    Issue
    Sul Sul!

Sims sometimes get 'invisible' commands to say 'sul sul' to other random Sims.

??

Picture
    Notice there is nothing in the command queue that he is reacting to. The Sim he says 'sul sul' to is also a household member and has been practicing in the mirror for over a Sim hour, so it's not something she should have triggered either.

https://youtu.be/J8bOA-P4fXY

Anywhere.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    December 2015

EA AHQ Report
    Waving Goodbye All the Time
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @greenXen have you also added the serious fps drops on higher end machines? Im guessing your getting those too . That started with September patch. The base game fps drops were there but it got worse with a patch. Also the heating of CPU which is more noticeable on high end laptops than desktop. That started in March. This game also really does not like Nvidia 700 series laptop cards
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @greenXen have you also added the serious fps drops on higher end machines? Im guessing your getting those too . That started with September patch. The base game fps drops were there but it got worse with a patch. Also the heating of CPU which is more noticeable on high end laptops than desktop. That started in March. This game also really does not like Nvidia 700 series laptop cards

:embarrassed: I'm bad. I' haven't been monitoring those things. I did notice the temperature rise, but not the fps drops.

edit: well, if they don't have :embarrassed:, I'll put one in. xfszsh.jpg
  • Options

:embarrassed: I'm bad. I' haven't been monitoring those things. I did notice the temperature rise, but not the fps drops.

LOL Keep an eye on your temps because this game heats up CPU .Lucky you that you dont have fps drops but so many of us do
  • Options

LOL Keep an eye on your temps because this game heats up CPU .Lucky you that you dont have fps drops but so many of us do

I just checked the temp after an hour of gameplay, it was fine CPU was averaging 62 C with max temp of 84 (with additional background programs like Photoshop running).

FPS average with max settings was 72 fps with ranges between high 50s to about 100.

I think I'm OK.