Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy Mess: GreenXen's Bug List [CANCELED]

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    @greenXen have you also added the serious fps drops on higher end machines? Im guessing your getting those too . That started with September patch. The base game fps drops were there but it got worse with a patch. Also the heating of CPU which is more noticeable on high end laptops than desktop. That started in March. This game also really does not like Nvidia 700 series laptop cards

:embarrassed: I'm bad. I' haven't been monitoring those things. I did notice the temperature rise, but not the fps drops.

edit: well, if they don't have :embarrassed:, I'll put one in. xfszsh.jpg

LOL Keep an eye on your temps because this game heats up CPU .Lucky you that you dont have fps drops but so many of us do

I just checked the temp after an hour of gameplay, it was fine CPU was averaging 62 C with max temp of 84 (with additional background programs like Photoshop running).

FPS average with max settings was 72 fps with ranges between high 50s to about 100.

I think I'm OK.

cpu looks good

you should be using vsync. This would lock your game at 60 fps. You dont want your card working harder than it has to
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited January 2016
    54. 1/5/2015
    Issue
    *Some* Sims quit activities when I go to Manage Worlds. I do not know if it is linked to specific activities.

Steps you took for Issue to occur
    1. Save game.
    2. Click on 'manage worlds'.
    3. Reselect same household from world view.

Picture

The Sim circled in red was upgrading the shower next to her, but wound up trapped in an unreachable spot between the rocket, fence, and house.

The Sim in aqua was cooking pancakes, but dropped that from queue and cannot resume cooking. The only option is to 'clean up'.

The Sim circled in yellow was writing a book, but that was dropped.

Two more Sims (not pictured) dropped their tasks from queue -- one was fishing, the other was writing a book.

21kwb52.jpg

Oddly, the other household Sims (not pictured) kept their actions in queue. They were watching TV, painting, and at work. This is not coincidence, as the other tasks they had lined up in their queues for subsequent tasks remained as well.

Where does the bug occur ?
    On home lots. I have not tested public lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Stuff: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Spooky
    GP: Spa Day
    EP: None

Occurring since
    ??

EA AHQ Report
    Current Position Is Not Saved
    Post edited by greenXen on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    55. 1/5/2015
    Issue
    Sims are still using the closest computer instead of the one selected.

I (and some others) reported this soon after game release as a game issue, but it still is the same. This becomes an issue if you have, say, one computer set up near focusing items for the programmers and gamers and another in an inspirational setting for writers, etc. Or, if you perhaps have one computer in a private study (with the doors locked), but your Sim always winds up using the one in the public area so other Sims can't use the computer.

1. With two or more computers on the lot, click on the computer furthest away from the Sim and instruct to perform any action.

Picture

https://youtu.be/_RLIfrUdf5U

Everywhere you can place a computer.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Sim Uses a Different Computer to the One They Are Told to Use
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    56. 1/5/2015
    Issue
    No clay brick formation. I have not seen a Sim mold the clay into the clay brick formation in months. Because of several other issues I am having with clay, I'm reporting it, even though it is minor.

I have not seen it in any of the households I've played, but currently I have a household of 8 and most of them mold clay at least once a day, and the 'brick' shape is never made. I've seen all the other shapes numerous times.

1. 'Mold Clay' over and over again.

Picture

2enq3c1.jpg

Anywhere -- private and public lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I'm not sure. Possibly mid-October 2015 when some other issues with the clay appeared, like it only appearing when the walls were up.

EA AHQ Report
    Can't Mold Clay Into Brick Formation
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    OK, @ModerateOsprey. I just tested this out and noticed that, yes, book progress resets after travel in my game, too.

57. 1/5/2015
    Issue
    Book progress resets after travel.

1. Had a Sim start writing a book. (I noticed this first with a Screenplay, but I think the problem is with all genres.)
    2. Had Sim quit writing the book before completion.
    3. Sent the Sim on a date on a public lot (museum).
    4. Returned from date and had Sim resume writing.

Picture

Book progress before date:

4qq1w1.jpg

Book progress after returning from date:

4tvudc.jpg

Home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I'm not sure. There are reports of this since game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Resume Writing Starts Over After Travelling
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    58. 1/5/2015
    Issue
    Blackened bass portion size listed incorrectly.

Note: I reported this earlier, but thought it was addressed. It turns out, it was not addressed, but this error only shows up when there is a bass in the refrigerator or inventory to be prepared. If there is no bass, then the text is correct.

When you select the $5 item (currently incorrectly labeled 'party size'), it makes the full 8 portions. (I didn't notice the amount of money subtract; I will have to try again to see.)

Edit: I just checked the screenshots. Selecting the $5 dollar 'party size' item makes 8 portions for $5.

1. Had Sim catch a bass.
    2. Had Sim (with high enough cooking skill) place bass in the refrigerator.
    3. Clicked on refrigerator and selected 'blackened bass'.

Picture

The selection menu for the portion size for 'blackened bass' with the 'family size' and 'party size' text swapped. This only happens when there is a bass in the refrigerator or inventory.

jpjxc7.jpg

For comparison, the 'blackened bass' menu when there is no fresh bass available.

htvgiw.jpg

I've only tested it on home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Incorrect Blackened Bass Portion Size
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    59. 1/5/2015
    Issue
    Flickering Shadows.

Sim shadows flicker when scrolling. It tends to occur in lighting where a shadow is actually cast, usually dim and/or directional.

I don't know if this is related to the 'flickering Sims issue' (item #17).

1. When Sims were in an area where they had shadows, I scrolled side to side with the mouse and back and forth using the '+' and '-' keys.

Picture

https://youtu.be/SgWit955yEU

Wherever Sims cast shadows -- home and public lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    One of the Dec patches. . . possibly the 12/17 patch?

EA AHQ Report
    Flickering Shadow Under Sims
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    60. 12/24/2015
    Issue
    Sims get the 'flirty spouse' moodlet even when they are not married. 'Flirty fiancee' or 'flirty partner' would be more appropriate.

I took the whole household to visit a neighbor's lot and paid attention to just two Sims while the others did what they wanted, apparently including brazenly flirting with the neighbors.

Picture

287qiw7.jpg

Only have seen it once so far on home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I'm not sure.

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    61. 1/6/2016
    Issue
    The option to 'watch' appears on the grill when another Sim is playing an instrument. When clicked, the Sim goes to watch the musician.

I was able to reproduce this three times in a row with different Sims, but I have only seen it on one (Maxis-made) lot.

Workaround: buying another grill got rid of the problem

1. Had one Sim 'plunk for inspiration' or 'practice' on guitar.
    2. Selected another Sim.
    3. Clicked on grill (Grill Zone) and chose 'watch'.

Picture

2ic65c8.jpg

Note: Please ignore the nudity of the Sim. That problem is reported in bug #62.)

https://youtu.be/BdFLJuC2r_4

Only have seen it once so far on home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I don't know. I only noticed it on 1/6/2016.

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    62. 1/6/2016
    Issue
    Sim insists on doing everything naked.

This may be related to the Sim returning from space naked (#52).

Workaround: resetSim <Sim Name> allowed him to then stay dressed after changing outfits.

Steps you took for Issue to Occur
    After my Sim returned from woohooing in space, he changed into his birthday suit. I changed him back into his everyday wear and he was able to carry out a conversation with his partner fully clothed. Then I sent his partner off to perform another task.

I tried having him view a picture, play chess, sell a painting, grill, watch a musician practice, and other tasks. Before each, he changed out of his clothes.

Picture

https://youtu.be/hrQnOtM7y1s

Only have seen it once so far on one home lot.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring Since

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    55. 1/5/2015
    Issue

EA AHQ Report
    None. This is more of a game/simulation issue than a bug, but it's an annoying one.

This actually has a report here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sim-uses-a-different-computer-to-the-one-they-are/m-p/4840062#U4840062 ;)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    55. 1/5/2015
    Issue

EA AHQ Report
    None. This is more of a game/simulation issue than a bug, but it's an annoying one.

This actually has a report here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sim-uses-a-different-computer-to-the-one-they-are/m-p/4840062#U4840062 ;)

Thanks, @Crinrict. Added the link here and a 'me too' to that thread.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't think you have this one in your list:

Vacation moodlet becomes permanent. Virtually all my outdoor loving sims that have been to GF are stuck with this: Thread here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853317/moodlet-is-not-going-away
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @greenXen wrote: »
    51. 12/29/2015
    Issue
    Grills are movable in "live mode".

I keep accidentally moving grills around while playing because they can be moved like plates in live mode. They should only be movable in "build mode" like stoves and other kitchen appliances.

1. bought a grill.
    2. placed the cursor on the grill and moved it.

Picture

None.

Home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ?

EA AHQ Report
    None.

That was a feature added in the GT patch, because Sims can now put them in their inventory :) It's designed so you can have a BBQ anywhere in the game, not just where there are grills.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I think you should change the title of this, because I just thought this was a typical over-exaggerate hate thread of the game, and overlooked it, where this is actually really useful.

I've seen similar threads where people bash the game because they can't play from all the bugs, and 9/10 times it's Mods/CC conflict.
    The Sims 4 has a few bugs, but nothing that's overly intrusive (except culling, although thats a "feature").
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I don't think you have this one in your list:

Vacation moodlet becomes permanent. Virtually all my outdoor loving sims that have been to GF are stuck with this: Thread here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853317/moodlet-is-not-going-away

Thanks. I think you need Outdoor Retreat to go on vacation? I don't have that pack.

Also, the original intent of this thread is probably lost from being re-written so much. (Feel free to skip the long-winded explanation below though.)

This was not supposed to be a compilation of everyone's bugs like Crinrict has on EA AHQ. I just started reporting the bugs I was finding in my game because early on when asked by a Simmer if Maxis was aware of all the bugs in the game, they responded that yes, they were, but they suspect that most players were only encountering a few because some of the issues are configuration dependent or only occur in rare instances or whatever.

At that point, I already had dozens of bugs, some of which were so serious as to repeatedly crash my game and render it unplayable. I tried reporting the crashes in EA AHQ, but was told they probably weren't bugs and wouldn't be included in the bug list or reported to Maxis. To add insult to injury, some Simmers started parroting what Maxis had said about any given player only experiencing a small number of bugs in his or her game, so they weren't as big an issue as some were making it to be.

Out of frustration, I began a bug list in the Technical Discussions section. Instead of helping me, they kicked my reports out of that forum section, too, and into General Discussion where, of course, there was no help to be had. Later, they added this Bugs & Issues forum and kicked me out of General Discussion.

So, to make a (too) looong story short, I was just trying to:

1. Make Maxis aware of what the game experience is really like for players. We each experience dozens of bugs (or often hundreds before the end of this game's lifecycle).
    2. Get some help. I did discover some workarounds, repair game, deleting cache, etc from comments people left in the threads.
    3. Document some of these things in a way that might help developers to quickly and readily understand the issues.
    4. Document some of these things for the 'unbelievers' (SimGurus and Simmers alike).

To Maxis' credit, they have fixed a few of the issues whether from these reports or elsewhere. And, to the credit of my fellow Simmers, there have been some helpful and encouraging suggestions made. I appreciate that. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    51. 12/29/2015
    Issue
    Grills are movable in "live mode".

I keep accidentally moving grills around while playing because they can be moved like plates in live mode. They should only be movable in "build mode" like stoves and other kitchen appliances.

1. bought a grill.
    2. placed the cursor on the grill and moved it.

Picture

None.

Home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ?

EA AHQ Report
    None.

That was a feature added in the GT patch, because Sims can now put them in their inventory :) It's designed so you can have a BBQ anywhere in the game, not just where there are grills.

Thanks, @Jackjack_k. I will remove it from the list. I find it terribly annoying though. I keep moving the grills all over the place.
  • Options
    I think you should change the title of this, because I just thought this was a typical over-exaggerate hate thread of the game, and overlooked it, where this is actually really useful.

I've seen similar threads where people bash the game because they can't play from all the bugs, and 9/10 times it's Mods/CC conflict.
    The Sims 4 has a few bugs, but nothing that's overly intrusive (except culling, although thats a "feature").

@Jackjack_k, what would you suggest changing it to?

This is the third iteration of this thread, which was started when the game was crashing so much for me that I could not play it. I kept the name because that is what it was originally called and I thought it would keep the continuity for anyone who may have actually been following.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    63. 1/6/2016
    Issue
    Can't cook with spinach.

My Sim stopped being able to cook any dish requiring 'spinach' or 'any vegetable' despite having spinach in the inventory. When I instruct him to cook the dish, it simply never appears in his queue. Other dishes seem to be OK.

I tried dragging and dropping a second spinach from another Sim's inventory into his inventory, but it just 'disappeared'. She no longer had any spinach in her inventory and he still had only one spinach.

I also tried removing the spinach from his inventory and placing it on the counter. He still was unable to prepare dishes with spinach.

Other Sims in the household (none of whom had spinach anymore) were able to cook dishes requiring spinach.

1. Selected Sim.
    2. Clicked on refrigerator and selected 'Cook' or 'Cook Gourmet Meal'.
    3. Selected 'Omelet', 'Spinach Frittata', or 'Vegetable Tempura' from list of options.

Update: The problem seems to happen when the Sim has items from the starter seed packets in the inventory, but not actual produce. I was able to reproduce this error by:

1. Using up all the spinach in my Sim's inventory.
    2. Clicking on a plant box and purchasing another 'starter vegetable' seed packet.
    3. Opening seed packet.
    4. Clicking on the refrigerator and selecting 'chicken saltimbocca' and choosing any size.

Picture

https://youtu.be/44hBwVpyE_I

Have only seen it happen to this particular Sim on this lot.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options

@Jackjack_k, what would you suggest changing it to?

This is the third iteration of this thread, which was started when the game was crashing so much for me that I could not play it. I kept the name because that is what it was originally called and I thought it would keep the continuity for anyone who may have actually been following.

I just read what you wrote above :( Didn't realise the mods had moved it over so much.

It is true, some graphics card can cause random glitches in-game, (I play nearly everyday and haven't seen half of the glitches you have) but I have seen a few of them as well, so they can't all be based on one persons video card etc.

The Sims 3 had a lot of issues when the game didn't recognise newer video cards, and I have mentioned issues I had had a million times, and people used to say "it's not in my game" and accuse me of trolling, people would agree with them. Turns out as people are upgrading more and more people are complaining (enough to make EA release a patch a year after they were finished with the game) and because no one payed attention, EA's solution is to disable packs when you play because the original Sims 3 team can't go in and fix things. But as people are upgrading, The Sims 3 is becoming more and more unplayable.

So I wish they would pay attention, and not just shun it over to the side. I feel bad for saying it now I know this is your third attempt.
    Maybe just "Bugs I've Encountered" or something. I don't want to take over your thread :p

• Options
    Ahh, yes, the irony of being told that your bugs are because of your outdated system and then when you upgrade, you have more bugs because the system isn't designed for the newer cards.

I'll think about renaming the thread. I'm probably safe though because I think they rigorously move the complaint threads to the Feedback section rather than let them stay here, so it's unlikely to be mistaken for a general complaint thread by Maxis. Also, Phoebebebe13 called SimGuruDrake's attention to this thread, so maybe someone at Maxis will see it. . . or not. I bet Drake's inbox is enormous after the winter break.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I wish more people would detail their reports at AHQ the way you do :(

And I'm all for a rename too :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    They really are helpful reports. (I read them all, just so you know!) I'd say just call it something like "GreenXen's Bug List".
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I scratched this bug off the list because I got fooled, but I'm re-posting it now. When late for work, work performance goes up all day, so I took the item off the list. However, I paid closer attention to the last couple of Sims that were late for work and their performance 'jumped' back down to lower than before (as seen in the video).

35. 12/20/2015
    Issue
    Sims penalized whole day for even being 1 min late to work.

If my Sim is late by even 1 minute, then his or her work performance suffers for the whole workday instead of just the time missed. It has been this way from the start, but my Sims have only been late to work a couple of times. Now that I'm playing a game where they're switching jobs more frequently and have changing work schedules, it happens more often.

Note: I took this off the list, but returned it because it's still a problem. I thought it had resolved because when I sent a Sim to work late, his work performance would gradually go up during the course of the work day. However, I've since notices that as soon as he walks through the door, it suddenly jumps back down lower than when he started.

1. Sent Sim to any job 1 min (or more) late.

Picture

Before Work:

21es1lu.jpg

After Work:

do7y84.jpg

Notice the work performance appears to go up all day, then jumps back when the Sim returns from home (@1:27). (The pop-up in the middle of the video is for another Sim in the household, so shouldn't have affected the work performance shown.)

https://youtu.be/OCCgGP6n3WI

Home Lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game Launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Tardiness Penalize For Entire Work Day
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    crinrict wrote: »
    I wish more people would detail their reports at AHQ the way you do :(

And I'm all for a rename too :)
    They really are helpful reports. (I read them all, just so you know!) I'd say just call it something like "GreenXen's Bug List".

Ok, @Jackjack_k, @Crinrict, and @Luthienrising. You win. Whatever gets Maxis' attention. (I'm not sure I'm ambitious enough to change all the links/references to it in the AHQ threads though.)

Thanks for all your help.