Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy Mess: GreenXen's Bug List [CANCELED]

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I agree your bug reports are awesome, and with screenshots and video too ! The QA team must be like :love:
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I saw @SimGuruDrake in the forum today so will try paging them again
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I agree your bug reports are awesome, and with screenshots and video too ! The QA team must be like :love:

Lol, if they even look at the "buggy mess". :o Maybe they will now with the title change. ;)

Thank you. She's probably overwhelmed with a full inbox right now.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »

Lol, if they even look at the "buggy mess". :o Maybe they will now with the title change. ;)

Thank you. She's probably overwhelmed with a full inbox right now.

Im sure and sometimes the tagging does not work in the forum. I pmed her about a month ago about this issue
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I don't think you have this one in your list:

Vacation moodlet becomes permanent. Virtually all my outdoor loving sims that have been to GF are stuck with this: Thread here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853317/moodlet-is-not-going-away

Thanks. I think you need Outdoor Retreat to go on vacation? I don't have that pack.

Also, the original intent of this thread is probably lost from being re-written so much. (Feel free to skip the long-winded explanation below though.)

This was not supposed to be a compilation of everyone's bugs like Crinrict has on EA AHQ. I just started reporting the bugs I was finding in my game because early on when asked by a Simmer if Maxis was aware of all the bugs in the game, they responded that yes, they were, but they suspect that most players were only encountering a few because some of the issues are configuration dependent or only occur in rare instances or whatever.

At that point, I already had dozens of bugs, some of which were so serious as to repeatedly crash my game and render it unplayable. I tried reporting the crashes in EA AHQ, but was told they probably weren't bugs and wouldn't be included in the bug list or reported to Maxis. To add insult to injury, some Simmers started parroting what Maxis had said about any given player only experiencing a small number of bugs in his or her game, so they weren't as big an issue as some were making it to be.

Out of frustration, I began a bug list in the Technical Discussions section. Instead of helping me, they kicked my reports out of that forum section, too, and into General Discussion where, of course, there was no help to be had. Later, they added this Bugs & Issues forum and kicked me out of General Discussion.

So, to make a (too) looong story short, I was just trying to:

1. Make Maxis aware of what the game experience is really like for players. We each experience dozens of bugs (or often hundreds before the end of this game's lifecycle).
    2. Get some help. I did discover some workarounds, repair game, deleting cache, etc from comments people left in the threads.
    4. Document some of these things in a way that might help developers to quickly and readily understand the issues.
    5. Document some of these things for the 'unbelievers' (SimGurus and Simmers alike).

To Maxis' credit, they have fixed a few of the issues whether from these reports or elsewhere. And, to the credit of my fellow Simmers, there have been some helpful and encouraging suggestions made. I appreciate that. Thanks. :)

I had sort of worked that out, but I thought I'd cheekily gate crash :) You are getting a lot of the same things as me and I had posted my own bug reports here (not as elegantly as your good self), but they got buried very fast and this seemed so well organised, I thought/hoped that this thread would get noticed.

I also diligently click the Me Too on the official EA forums as well.

As for the stuck moodlet bug, yes you have to visit Granite Falls which came with the OR pack.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    That moodlet thingy has been reported at AHQ. Did you click me too there ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    That moodlet thingy has been reported at AHQ. Did you click me too there ?

yeah :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your bug reports are all set out so very well. They are clearly written and give helpful information , background and pictures to explain the issue. Thankyou for taking the time to post the issues, which are also what other simmers are experiencing as well.
    Thankyou :)
  • Options
    I don't think you have this one in your list:

Vacation moodlet becomes permanent. Virtually all my outdoor loving sims that have been to GF are stuck with this: Thread here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853317/moodlet-is-not-going-away

Thanks. I think you need Outdoor Retreat to go on vacation? I don't have that pack.

Also, the original intent of this thread is probably lost from being re-written so much. (Feel free to skip the long-winded explanation below though.)

This was not supposed to be a compilation of everyone's bugs like Crinrict has on EA AHQ. I just started reporting the bugs I was finding in my game because early on when asked by a Simmer if Maxis was aware of all the bugs in the game, they responded that yes, they were, but they suspect that most players were only encountering a few because some of the issues are configuration dependent or only occur in rare instances or whatever.

At that point, I already had dozens of bugs, some of which were so serious as to repeatedly crash my game and render it unplayable. I tried reporting the crashes in EA AHQ, but was told they probably weren't bugs and wouldn't be included in the bug list or reported to Maxis. To add insult to injury, some Simmers started parroting what Maxis had said about any given player only experiencing a small number of bugs in his or her game, so they weren't as big an issue as some were making it to be.

Out of frustration, I began a bug list in the Technical Discussions section. Instead of helping me, they kicked my reports out of that forum section, too, and into General Discussion where, of course, there was no help to be had. Later, they added this Bugs & Issues forum and kicked me out of General Discussion.

So, to make a (too) looong story short, I was just trying to:

1. Make Maxis aware of what the game experience is really like for players. We each experience dozens of bugs (or often hundreds before the end of this game's lifecycle).
    2. Get some help. I did discover some workarounds, repair game, deleting cache, etc from comments people left in the threads.
    4. Document some of these things in a way that might help developers to quickly and readily understand the issues.
    5. Document some of these things for the 'unbelievers' (SimGurus and Simmers alike).

To Maxis' credit, they have fixed a few of the issues whether from these reports or elsewhere. And, to the credit of my fellow Simmers, there have been some helpful and encouraging suggestions made. I appreciate that. Thanks. :)

I had sort of worked that out, but I thought I'd cheekily gate crash :) You are getting a lot of the same things as me and I had posted my own bug reports here (not as elegantly as your good self), but they got buried very fast and this seemed so well organised, I thought/hoped that this thread would get noticed.

I also diligently click the Me Too on the official EA forums as well.

As for the stuck moodlet bug, yes you have to visit Granite Falls which came with the OR pack.

It's OK, @ModerateOsprey. I just wanted you to know why some things won't make it on the list and why they might need reporting elsewhere, as well. I appreciate the heads up on some of these issues. I do keep an eye out for the issues you (and others) alert me to.

There are some things going on in my game that I haven't reported because I wasn't sure what was going on or they only happened once and I thought I'd wait to see if it happens again. If I see others reporting similar issues, then there probably isn't a need to wait. Like I didn't wait or test multiple lots with 'resume writing' resetting after travel because you had alerted me to the fact that there were multiple reports already. So, your "gate crashing" actually saved me some work. :) Thank you.

• Options
    63. 1/6/2016
    Issue
    Can't cook with spinach.

My Sim stopped being able to cook any dish requiring 'spinach' or 'any vegetable' despite having spinach in the inventory. When I instruct him to cook the dish, it simply never appears in his queue. Other dishes seem to be OK.

I tried dragging and dropping a second spinach from another Sim's inventory into his inventory, but it just 'disappeared'. She no longer had any spinach in her inventory and he still had only one spinach.

I also tried removing the spinach from his inventory and placing it on the counter. He still was unable to prepare dishes with spinach.

Other Sims in the household (none of whom had spinach anymore) were able to cook dishes requiring spinach.

Steps you took for Issue to occur
    1. Selected Sim.
    2. Clicked on refrigerator and selected 'Cook' or 'Cook Gourmet Meal'.
    3. Selected 'Omelet', 'Spinach Frittata', or 'Vegetable Tempura' from list of options.

Picture

https://youtu.be/44hBwVpyE_I

Where does the bug occur ?
    Have only seen it happen to this particular Sim on this lot.

Mods/CC
    None.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Stuff: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Spooky
    GP: Spa Day
    EP: None

Occurring since
    I don't know. I only noticed it on 1/6/2016.

EA AHQ Report
    None.

Does it work for you if you put the spinach in the fridge first ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    @Crinrict, no, putting the spinach in the fridge didn't help.

After the Sim came back from work, his inventory suddenly had 3 spinach bunches instead of just the one seen in the video in his inventory. He was then able to cook all dishes again. Reloading the game also cleared the error. So, those are workarounds.

• Options
    I couldn't duplicate then. I have 56 spinach bundles in my fridge and I didn't want to move them all to my inventory . one by one. Hence I thought I'd ask.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I couldn't duplicate then. I have 56 spinach bundles in my fridge and I didn't want to move them all to my inventory . one by one. Hence I thought I'd ask.

No, this isn't one I think I could duplicate either. That's one reason I'm not reporting it at AHQ. It's more of a wait and see if I get it again or someone else reports something similar.
  • Options

No, this isn't one I think I could duplicate either. That's one reason I'm not reporting it at AHQ. It's more of a wait and see if I get it again or someone else reports something similar.

@Crinrict. I just reproduced it.

The problem is the seed packets. I just emptied my Sim's inventory of all spinach, then bought the starter vegetable seed packet, which comes with spinach. Then I clicked on the fridge to make the dishes again and got the same error.
  • Options
    So you have no more spinach in fridge or inventory but just the vegetable pack ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
  • Options
    Still can't duplicate then :(
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Still can't duplicate then :(

Well, it's only one Sim I've been able to do this with. The others don't have enough cooking skill to make any dishes requiring spinach. There may be some other factors, such as his skill level or something, which may be contributing to the occurence.
  • Options
    Probably. I have both Skills maxed out with mine.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Added more information to #47, Sims eating off of invisible plates.

There seems to be another manifestation of this bug from what I originally reported. Sometimes Sims will get up, leaving their plates behind to continue working at and eating off of the keyboard.

11abwas.jpg

https://youtu.be/95j5Lz5hQmk

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2016

There seems to be another manifestation of this bug from what I originally reported. Sometimes Sims will get up, leaving their plates behind to continue working at and eating off of the keyboard.

11abwas.jpg

ive had eating off the keyboard many times the sims plate is sitting on a open space on the desk. i discovered if i use MOO and place things touching on the space for the computer it doesnt registered it as occupied. a test to confirm is to move the desk to a wide open space with nothing on it and see if the sims stops eat there. if so its something on the desk or near it with a wide footprint. i typically live with this since i use tons of clutter.

not rendering a plate in your case i guess could be a graphic glitch or bug
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    ceejay402 wrote: »

11abwas.jpg

ive had eating off the keyboard many times the sims plate is sitting on a open space on the desk. i discovered if i use MOO and place things touching on the space for the computer it doesnt registered it as occupied. a test to confirm is to move the desk to a wide open space with nothing on it and see if the sims stops eat there. if so its something on the desk or near it with a wide footprint. i typically live with this since i use tons of clutter.

not rendering a plate in your case i guess could be a graphic glitch or bug

The plate is sitting on the dining room table with food disappearing from it as she eats here too.

15i5eu1.jpg
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ahh different problem :)
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    There is a bug that a club meeting is happening at my sims house and there is inappropriate behaviour so my sim kicks them out but when this happens everything disappears in the house!
    the House before!
    01-07-16_8-44-28nbspPM_zpsbe7uount.png
    The House After!
    01-07-16_8-45-28nbspPM_zpspr3i8nhs.png
    This is after the update, I had no mods or cc in when updating! and none at the moment!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @Rubysim.
    I am sorry that you have had this issue,
    Try having your sim travel to another lot and back and see if that resets the home.

Come out of the game and then go back in again and see if that helps

If you have saved the game, try rolling back to an earlier version of the game.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1