Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy Mess: GreenXen's Bug List [CANCELED]

15678911...Next

Comments

• SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    73. 1/10/2016
    Issue
    No Aura -- Simanite

Simanite doesn't seem to grant an energizing aura.

Steps you took for Issue to occur
    1. Place Simanite in room near Sim.
    2. Enable aura.

Picture

2hwcjeh.jpg

Where does the bug occur ?
    Have only seen it on home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Stuff: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Spooky
    GP: Spa Day
    EP: None

Occurring since
    ?

EA AHQ Report
    Objects Not Giving Emotional Aura

Simite does give off an emotional aura if you place more than one of them and enable them. The issue is the text is different in several places as to what the emotional aura is. It is not a text error but rather a tuning error on the text.
    Another for #73, No Auras

Nerves of Steel Desk Lamp does not grant a confident aura (career reward for the Secret Agent career -- level 5, Lead Detective).

https://youtu.be/iE8168rF2cA

This is not a bug. The object does grant an aura. You need to place two of them and enable the aura. Objects with emotional auras less than three do not grant an emotional aura on their own.
    145. 2/15/2016
    Issue
    Can't Clog Drains

The option to clog bath and sink drains after reaching level 5 of the Mischief skill does not always appear. It does not appear at all on a Sim's own lot. It does not appear for shower/tub combos on public lots or neighbors' lots.

Steps you took for issue to occur
    1. Had Sim advance to level 5 of the Mischief skill.
    2. Clicked on sink, tub, or tub/shower combo on home lot.

OR

1. Had Sim advance to level 5 of the Mischief skill.
    2. Clicked on tub/shower combo on public lot or neighbor's lot.

Picture
    331m5he.jpg

Where does the bug occur ?
    Everywhere.

Mods/CC
    None.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Stuff: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden
    GP: Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat
    EP: None

Occurring since
    I don't know.

EA AHQ Report
    None.

No option to perform the clog drain interaction on your home lot is by design.
    #44 Not a bug. Mathematical diagrams are not considered paintings.

#78 Not a bug. The action for live performances is "watch" not listen.

#105 Probably not a bug if you are crafting the ruble instead of the actual object. The ruble indicates the Sim failed to craft anything.
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited February 2016
    #44 Not a bug. Mathematical diagrams are not considered paintings.

#78 Not a bug. The action for live performances is "watch" not listen.

#105 Probably not a bug if you are crafting the ruble instead of the actual object. The ruble indicates the Sim failed to craft anything.

#44 -- Painting a mathematical diagram does count toward the aspiration to make emotional paintings, so mathematical diagrams are considered paintings sometimes.

#78 -- Due to some of the loose semantics elsewhere in the game, I have to wonder at this. "Watching" a concert also implies "listening" to it.

#105 -- No, the image goes from an initial image of the object to an image of rubble later. It changes in inventory. It also goes from being able to be stacked with similar items when created to being unable to be stacked after created. The "okay" items also get caught in an inventory loop where only one of the "rubble" items can be dragged out of the inventory.

#73 -- There is a discussion on the other forum that says items with level 3 aura should give a boost without additional items. This whole +2 vs +3 on aura-granting objects is a design flaw anyway because it's not explained anywhere and there is no reason for players to expect that items that indicate that they give off an aura would not unless they reach a certain threshold.

#145 -- I suspect that Sims not being able to sabotage items on their own lots might be part of the game design, but why? Why can't a trouble-making family member prank his or her own family? Plenty of people prank their own family members.

Also, "bug" is being used in the thread title to include other game issues and this game has issues.
    Post edited by greenXen on
    #16 isn't a glitch. The question mark tells you in more detail the status of the conversation. You can hover over the two bars with the mouse to get the relationship status (this is the bug). You can also hover over the picture of the Sim to read their traits and get the relationship status. You don't have to go into the relationship panel to get this information. The new UI actually adds more information, not less. I like it.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Full autonomy needs tuning sometimes sims stand around for hours not even tending their low needs sometimes including energy
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
    Full autonomy needs tuning sometimes sims stand around for hours not even tending their low needs sometimes including energy

Yes, I've had issues like that. For example:

http://img.youtube.com/vi/HOjqETjOvSE/0.jpg

Going into build mode and returning to live mode sometimes snaps them out of it.

I think that might go under the freezing issue, which is being looked into. You might want to chime in on the EA AHQ thread about it: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Time-freezing-amp-Resetting/m-p/3806607/highlight/true#M7548

If that's your issue, you may want to submit video and/or a save per the instructions there. If it's not your issue, then maybe one of the other freezing issues describes it better.

edited April 2016
    #16 isn't a glitch. The question mark tells you in more detail the status of the conversation. You can hover over the two bars with the mouse to get the relationship status (this is the bug). You can also hover over the picture of the Sim to read their traits and get the relationship status. You don't have to go into the relationship panel to get this information. The new UI actually adds more information, not less. I like it.

@SweetieTreats, I’m aware that hovering over the question mark tells you how the convo is going, which is why I didn’t respond when @Luthienrising brought it up earlier in the thread. This “new” info is extraneous since the mood already tells you how the convo is going, e.g. if the other Sim is angry, the conversation is not going well. Also, going into the relationship panel to read the traits requires more clicks and a greater diversion of player attention from the game, possibly even makes pausing necessary. It’s one of those changes that is made that were not for the better.

It’s like when players asked @SimGuruLyndsay to make it easier to tell which age a Sim was at a glance. I suggested changing the hover highlight color according to age, but others didn’t like that and wanted the age to be listed in the hover pop-up. Maxis went with the latter suggestion, which was a worse suggestion, and has been a minor frustration for me since it was implemented because: 1. The hover highlight reacts more quickly so I can easily highlight Sims on the fly and 2. Since Sims are squirrely and the pop-up takes a moment to appear, I sometimes have to pause just to see what age the Sim is, which is one of the things I was trying to avoid in the first place.

They are small design changes that sometimes add up to a significant difference in gameplay.
    Post edited by greenXen on