Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy Mess: GreenXen's Bug List [CANCELED]

Comments

• Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited January 2016
    83. 1/15/2016
    Issue
    Aspiration Glitch -- Evolve 10 Excellent Plants

Moving plants in and out of inventory adjusts the count for the aspiration goal to "evolve 10 excellent plants" in the Freelance Botanist aspiration. Taking a plant of 'excellent' quality or greater out of the household inventory increases the count by one. Putting a plant of 'excellent' or great quality back in inventory lowers the count on the aspiration goal by one.

The count remains constant when I remove lesser quality plants.

**Please note in the video, moving a single plant adjusts the counter for both my Sim and his wife.

Running repair game, performing a factory reset, resetting Sims, and moving Sims to another lot did not alleviate this issue.

Steps you took for issue to occur
    1. Removed previously grown plant of 'excellent' or greater quality from inventory.

OR

2. Put a plant of 'excellent' or great quality into household inventory.

Picture

https://youtu.be/mwp_QOPg2Kw

Not in the video: The count keeps going down as I remove plants from the garden, but does stop at zero. The count also goes up as I replace the plants in the garden with plants from the inventory.

I did try moving the household next door. The result was that all of their plants were transferred to inventory during the move and their "evolve 10 excellent plants" counts were reset to zero. When I moved a high quality plant out of inventory, the count increased by one.

vdw0j.jpg

Where does the bug occur ?
    Only observed on two lots in Newcrest so far.

Mods/CC
    None.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    Stuff: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Spooky
    GP: Spa Day
    EP: None

Occurring since
    ??

EA AHQ Report
    Aspirations Not Fulfilling
    Post edited by greenXen on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    84. 1/15/2016
    Issue

All members of a household are credited with evolving plants.

My Sim's wife was also credited with his gardening accomplishments and her gardening aspiration goals were being fulfilled even though she was not gardening.

Running repair game, performing a factory reset, resetting Sims, and moving Sims to another lot did not alleviate this issue.

1. Had one Sim evolve plants.

OR

(because of the previous glitch, #83)
    1. Had Sims move plants of 'excellent' quality or greater in or out of their household inventories.

Picture

https://youtu.be/rzTgI0DR82U

It seems to be only on home lots. The aspiration seems tied to household inventory, which is only active on home lots. I observed it on two lots in Newcrest and one in Oasis Springs.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Possibly the January 2016 Movie Stuff Patch.

EA AHQ Report
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    85. 1/15/2016
    Issue

The level 4 Freelance Botanist goal of "evolving 10 excellent plants" is fulfilled independent of plant quality. Sometimes evolving plants of "excellent" (or better) quality does not fulfill this goal. Other times, evolving plants of less than "excellent" quality does cause the counter to go up.

1. Selected level 4 of the Freelance Botanist aspiration.
    2. Had Sim evolve plants of varying qualities.

Picture

Notice the first plant the Sim evolves is of "superb quality", yet does not count toward fulfilling the aspiration of "evolving 10 excellent plants", but the last plant he evolves (@0:47) is only of "very nice" quality and fulfills the aspiration goal.

https://youtu.be/KodNxybPzVc

It seems to be only on home lots. The aspiration seems tied to household inventory, which is only active on home lots. I observed it on two lots in Newcrest and one in Oasis Springs.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Possibly the January 2016 Movie Stuff Patch.

EA AHQ Report
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Phoebebebe13, I just want to thank you for paging @SimGuruDrake to this thread. Prior to your doing that, YouTube statistic told me I had 4 hits total (not each) in over a year on the dozens of videos of these bugs I had up. I've had about 20 in the last week. California's a big state and YouTube statistics aren't particularly accurate, but I'm going to assume anyway that the upsurge is because someone at Maxis at least looked at some of these reports.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    86. 1/16/2016
    Issue
    Food Stuck In Refrigerator

My Sim made a plate of spaghetti, ate a few bites, and then I canceled the action and put the leftovers in the fridge. The next day, the refrigerator showed that it had items to be cleaned out, but I was not able to click on the spaghetti plate at all and I was not able to drag it out of the refrigerator.

Additionally, when I tried to drag out the plate, the spaghetti icon transformed into one of a protein plate and got a strange icon with a black number in the lower right. The plate also stuck to my cursor, and although it is not visible when I hover over the gameplay area, it shows when I put the cursor over the UI.

2iu9bg7.jpg

Since the refrigerator showed the option to "clean out spoiled food", I clicked on that. My Sim went to the refrigerator, pulled out a black trash bag, and threw it away. The option to "clean out spoiled food" disappeared from the refrigerator, but the spaghetti remained in the refrigerator.

This problem is different from item #48, plates that can't be dragged from the refrigerator, in that this plate was made by a Sim who resides on the current lot, I cannot click on this plate at all (even to have the Sim remove the item), and the graphics were altered for this error.

Workaround: Traveling to another lot and back seemed to clear the error as did reloading the game.

Edit: I thought that reloading the lot resolved the problem because the refrigerator was then working properly after I did. However, my Sim then ate another plate of spaghetti from the refrigerator. When he was done, he motioned as if he couldn't find anywhere to put the plate (even though there were open surfaces), and stuck it in his personal inventory. His personal inventory now has a stuck plate in it similar to the refrigerator shown above. (Please see the video of item stuck in personal inventory under "pictures.")

1. Clicked on the Crisponex Splendid refrigerator and chose to make spaghetti using the Corporate Chic countertop and the Cooking-U Pro stove.
    3. Allowed Sim to eat one bite.
    4. Canceled eating action.
    5. Dragged and dropped plate into the refrigerator.
    6. The next day, I clicked on the refrigerator and selected "open."
    7. I tried to drag and drop the plate out of inventory on to the counter, into the Nanocan, or onto the floor.

Picture

The item in question is a plate of spaghetti, but after trying various methods to get rid of the spaghetti, it transformed into the protein plate seen below. As I move other dishes in and out of the fridge, which item the spaghetti transforms into gets changed. Also, notice in the lower left corner that the protein plate image stuck to the cursor.

yz88n.jpg

When I close the fridge and open it again, it shows the original spaghetti:

2lawody.jpg

Video 1:
    1. The Sim was able to perform the "clean out spoiled food" action and the option to remove spoiled food disappeared. However, the stuck items remained in the fridge.
    2. Notice the protein plate icon stays stuck to the cursor. It is not visible when I hover over the game, but it is when I hover anywhere over the UI.
    3. Notice the little black number 3 in the lower right of the item. The video doesn't show it, but after the Sim cleans out the fridge and I close the fridge and re-open it, the number changes to 2.

https://youtu.be/gBDhnJG6NvQ

Video 2: This video just shows how trying to drag and drop the stuck plate of spaghetti is difficult, and when it is finally accomplished, it shows as a protein plate.

https://youtu.be/IJ5KGTx6PrA

After the issue with the plate in the refrigerator seemed revolved, it immediately happened again, but this time in the Sim's personal inventory:

https://youtu.be/mHspgKyr8KU

I observed something like this once, in another game, soon after game launch. Both that time and this time the error was observed on home lots.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Possibly game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Can't Drag Food In/Out of Fridge

Hand Tool Gets Stuck (This is not really the issue, but whatcha gonna do? The bigger problem is that there is a plate of food stuck in the refrigerator that can't be moved by Sim nor player and changes what dish when an attempt to remove it is made.)

• Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Thank you @greenXen for this helpful thread.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2016
    So you are saying this is a feature not a bug? 67. Scrambled TV Signal on Fast Forward Feature!
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    So you are saying this is a feature not a bug? 67. Scrambled TV Signal on Fast Forward Feature!

@Pepperjax, yes. Various SimGurus have confirmed that the scrambling is by design with the introduction of the "Movie Stuff" pack. They say they have gotten mixed feedback on it, some like it and some don't. So, I do not think it is likely to be changed, although some are requesting a cheat similar to matchspeedstereo on/off. I'm not using mods in my game, so not familiar with what all is out there, but there may even be a mod out there already that addresses this.

@Dizzydee_k, I'm glad you found it helpful. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    87. 1/16/2016
    Issue
    Stuttering UI

My UI seems to be having trouble keeping pace with the game. Sometimes it seems as if my UI is operating at double or triple speed while my game continues at normal place. This has resulted in the plumbob stuttering on load screens, some flickering in Manage Worlds, and UI info flashing at double or triple speed.

Some of these things have been happening since game release, but it seems worse lately. These issues are not persistent, but I have seen them multiple times now and across different games.

I don't know if it is relevant, but I do have in-game Vsync set to 60 fps.

I just played the game. I don't know what triggers it.

Picture

Notice how the plumbob has moments where it hesitates and others where it speeds up really fast:

https://youtu.be/OOSN-bDZVME

(Apologies for the background music. The in-game camera doesn't work for load screens, so I had to use another program and forgot to turn off the background music first.)

Here the white selection highlight flickers:

https://youtu.be/OiAaPlFZSJU

Here, the game is at normal speed, but you can see three examples of how fast the UI seems to be going:

1. In the upper right corner, the downloadable content icon flashes at double speed.
    2. In the lower left corner, the great tunes icon animates at at double or triple speed.
    3. When I click on the aspiration, it is fulfilled so quickly, it's hard to see how many points were granted.

https://youtu.be/sJpH9T9Ltjc

Everywhere -- world view, home lots, public lots. The above videos were taken from two different games, so it's not isolated.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game Launch.

EA AHQ Report
    UI Stuttering/Out of Sync
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I put wonky career outfits back on the list. Although some outfits seem to have been fixed, others are still not right:

2gvovhw.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    88. 1/16/2016
    Issue
    Event Goal Failure -- Sit and Talk

"Sit and chat" doesn't fulfill the Date goal of "sit and talk to your date."

1. Have two Sims go on a date.
    2. When the event goal to "sit and talk to your date" appears (it should be right away), click on a seat and select "sit and chat."

Outcome: Both Sims will sit and chat, but this does not register as fulfilling the Date goal. If you cancel the action and have your Sims perform another chat interaction, then it will fulfill.

Picture

IMAGE REMOVED

Anywhere a seat can be placed.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    I don't recall, but it may be since the Get Together patch, when I think the group interaction might have been added.

EA AHQ Report
    Event Goal Failure Sit and Talk

This is working fine.
  • Options
    It looks like EA may be investigating the issue of Sims resetting as they put out a call for video, lastexception.txt files, and save games regarding this issue. If you're willing to share, please send them to EA_Zoe.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Sims-Resetting/td-p/5029270

20igoqr.jpg

I know this is an issue that many have experienced, this may be the opportunity to get it fixed.

(This is item #36 of my Bug List.)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    89. 1/17/2016
    Issue
    Game Notifications -- Interest Earned

The game gives reports on "interest earned" by Sims not residing at or even visiting the lot.

This is doubly odd as I have the game options set so that auto age is off and time should not be passing on other lots.

I don't know. It doesn't always happen, but has happened a few times across different lots and different games since game launch.

Picture

Problem occurring 1/16/106. Amy is a player-created Sim who does not reside here, is not visiting, and only one Sim here is acquainted with (barely, the relationship bar looks empty, but she does show on the panel).

vr6blc.jpg

Problem occurring 10/1/2014. In this case, Kiera was a friend and guest visiting:

2mhie51.jpg

Game settings:

2e1u2ia.jpg

On home lots. I think I may have seen it once on a public lot, but I can't be sure at this point.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    Game Notifications -- Interest Earned
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    90. 1/17/2016
    Issue
    Produce Stuck in Personal Inventory

I have 66 bundles of sage currently. When I try to drag and drop the produce from my Sim's personal inventory into the refrigerator, only 56 of the bundles will go. The last 10 will not go no matter what I try. (Video 1)

When I try to drag the remaining 10 bundles as a group or individually from personal inventory onto the counter, it pulls a single sage sprig from the refrigerator inventory instead and will not let me drag any of the sage from the personal inventory. (Video 2)

When I command the Sim to "place in world" the stack of 10 bundles of sage in his inventory, he instead goes to the refrigerator and pulls out a single sprig and places that on a desk. (Video 3)

Other produce seems unaffected.

Selling the refrigerator and purchasing another model did not resolve the issue. Traveling to another lot resolved the issue -- my Sim was left with 56 sage sprigs in the refrigerator and none in his personal inventory.

Phantom produce seems to be an issue in my game (see issue #63, can't cook with produce).

1. Tried to drag sage from Sim's personal inventory into the refrigerator.

OR

1. Tried to drag sage from Sim's personal inventory out into the world.

OR

1. Clicked on bundle of sage in personal inventory and selected "place in world."

Picture

Video 1. Can't drag and drop produce into refrigerator:

https://youtu.be/w8fUcdENubQ

Video 2. Can't drag and drop produce from personal inventory out into world:

https://youtu.be/BoRc-_40d9g

Video 3. Sim can't place the produce into world:

https://youtu.be/T29QgyuOsqc

I have only experienced this on one home lot.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    This is the only time I have observed this particular behavior.

EA AHQ Report
    Hand Tool Gets Stuck (This is not really the issue, but whatcha gonna do? The real problem is that "phantom" items are stuck in inventory.)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    91. 1/18/2016
    Issue
    Sometimes the needs bars don't change color even as they fill.

This issue is rare and seems to be cosmetic in that the Sims do not act as if their bars are still depleted even though they are yellow.

Workaround: traveling to another lot.

1. Had Sim watch TV and mold clay when fun was low.

Picture

In the image below, you can see that giving it some time and switching tasks did not resolve the issue.

34nmm8o.jpg

https://youtu.be/08j5_wZYdqo

I have only seen it on home lots, but it probably happens elsewhere.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game Launch.

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    92. 1/18/2016
    Issue
    Bored Sims Stuck Pondering

When I tell a Sim that is bored (from conversation or reading) to "ponder" at the chessboard, he or she gets stuck in that action. When I cancel the action, he or she does not get the mood boost normally accompanied with pondering.

1. Got Sim into a bored state through conversation or reading.
    2. Selected "ponder" from the chessboard menu.

Picture

evdyqo.jpg

https://youtu.be/NiLXFC_upEI

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ??

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Deleted.

The post didn't seem to show yesterday, and now I see it double.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    This is an update for #23, Stuck Skill Bar.

I just had a weird thing happen with this.

My Sim maxed the programming skill and the bar cleared as it was supposed to, so she had no bar over her head. Then she went to work and came home as normal. I had her sit down at the computer to finish programming a computer game and the full skill bar appeared over her head and got stuck.

Later, I went to have her practice charisma at the mirror with the programming skill bar still stuck. I got tired of the stuck skill bar and tried using resetSim to clear the programming bar. It did. Then it flashed the charisma skill bar momentarily. Then, a new skill bar appeared, only partially full and stuck.

I tried resetSim another time, but the partially full skill bar is still stuck.

I just thought I'd note it because I don't think I've seen people mentioning partially full skill bars getting stuck, only full ones.

293d1j4.jpg

Traveling to another lot did not clear this bar as it has in the past for the full skill bars.

https://youtu.be/0YYdMYdzHzc

Restarting the game did not resolve the issue.

Going back to previous saves did not resolve the issue! I tried two different saves prior to when this happened and my Sim still has a stuck skill bar. This looks really permanent.

nqte2c.jpg

Trying to have the Sim max the programming skill again in previous skills did not resolve the issue.

Shutting down the game completely and restarting got rid of the error (going back to main menu and reloading the saves did not).

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Updated #77 to include new information.

In the video below, the count for evolved plants of "excellent" quality or above starts at 3/10 for the Freelance Botanist aspiration. When I move a stack of "superb" quality strawberries into the fridge, the count goes up to 4/10. When I move a bunch of "normal" quality grapes from personal inventory into the refrigerator, the count goes back down to 3/10.

https://youtu.be/eXjgDFKnKZM
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    93. 1/19/2016
    Issue
    Wonky Skill Bars -- Various Errors

I know that you all are aware, by now, that full skill bars get stuck sometimes (#23, Stuck Skill Bars), but there are other issues with skill bars as well.

1. Partially full skill bars get stuck sometimes. Sometimes the bar keeps filling after the activity is canceled. This error is *not* cleared by resetting the Sim, traveling, or reloading the game. It is not even cleared by going back to an older save (one from before the skill bar became stuck). It is cleared by exiting out of the game completely and starting it up again.
    2. Sometimes skill bars don't show up.
    3. Sometimes skill bars do show, but don't glow when Sims are in the appropriate emotional state.

I have had partially full skill bars get stuck with programming, bartending, and painting. The other errors are more frequent and seem to happen across skills.

Picture

1. Partially full skill bar gets stuck:

https://youtu.be/bjCHFVCqyuQ

I know it's subtle in the short video, but I did notice that the skill bar continued to fill even though the Sim was no longer performing the action:

2dtadxx.jpg

I did not realize this before I switched to another skill-building task, so I did not observe whether the skill level would have maxed out on its own without my Sim working on the task.

Edit: I had this happen another time on a different lot. In this case, my Sim was "pushing the limits" on the Powerfit Multitrainer Exercise Machine. I canceled the action and removed the other fitness machine my Sim wasn't using from the room. My Sim seemed to reset as if I removed the machine he was using. I ignored it and sent him to the shower and he got out right away and a skill bar appeared over his head. I assumed that it was something similar to the bug with babies and the shower since a neighbor was in the next room. I set it up so that she was there again and had him take a shower, but he didn't jump out again. Instead, I wound up recording the stuck fitness skill continuing to go up past 100%.

https://youtu.be/DvhHJemd78U

n3ky6c.jpg

2. No visible skill bar:

https://youtu.be/e7Zxu819kQA

3. Skill bar not glowing:

https://youtu.be/fto7LxVuHHY

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    The stuck skill bar is recorded here: Skill Point Bar Stuck
    The other issues are not recorded at EA AHQ.
  • Options
    94. 1/19/2016
    Issue
    Can't Set Lot Front

Even after we bulldoze lots, the front of the lot remains set to where it was originally. Setting a particular door as the front door or moving the mailbox doesn't seem to relocate this position.

This results in some issues like:

1. Houses being uploaded to The Gallery with their pictures showcasing the side of the house instead of the front.
    2. Routing issues. Some animations such as jogging are set to begin at the front of the house, so the Sim travels to that spot even if it doesn't make sense with the current configuration (video below).
    3. Sims continuing to use the original teleportation spot to enter and exit the lot.

1. Bulldoze a lot.
    2. Build another house facing a different direction.
    3. Try saving the lot to your Library or uploading the lot to The Gallery.

OR

1. Bulldoze a lot.
    3. Send a Sim jogging.

OR

1. Bulldoze a lot.
    3. Send a Sim to work or have Sim come home from work.

Picture

302b3ac.jpg

https://youtu.be/CJEX1PIVbHw

I have only seen it on home lots. I haven't tried it with public lots, but I don't see why it would be different.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    Game launch.

EA AHQ Report
    None.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    95. 1/19/2016
    Issue
    Aspiration Failure -- Collect 25 Collectibles

Moving items from Sims' personal inventories into the world (e.g. to shelving) counts toward The Curator aspiration goal to "collect 25 collectibles." Also, moving those items you just placed in the world back into inventory grants another aspiration point.

Items that are single in the stack do not seem to change the count for the goal of collecting 25 collectibles. Items that have two (or more) in a stack do seem to affect the count. I tested this with collectible dolls, fossils, frogs, elements, and crystals. (Produce does not seem to count as a collectible.)

For moving things back into inventory, all collectible items seem to count, whether there are multiples or not.

1. Advance Sim to level 4 of The Curator aspiration.
    2. Move collectible items out of inventory and into world.

Picture
    Moving the first few dolls does not cause the aspiration goal to register as fulfilled, but moving the last doll (@0:24) does. This seems to be because there are multiples in the stack.

https://youtu.be/37v6MoxsjqM

Second video with more items being moved out of and into inventory:

https://youtu.be/wDIcTfbaSHQ

I have only seen it on one home lot so far.

Mods/CC
    None.

Occurring since
    ??

EA AHQ Report
    [COLLECTION THREAD]Aspirations Not Fulfilling
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    One persistent issue that I've had is with the "successful lineage" aspiration under the family category. The final tier of this aspiration will not credit, no matter how many aspirations and careers the children complete. I've even had cases where one parent gets credit, while the other does not. I've just resigned to using the cheat codes for this one. It has never worked consistently and they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. It doesn't matter whether they are child aspirations, or adult aspiration with teens and up. The aspiration just fails to credit properly. The same holds true for having a child max a career. It doesn't credit properly.

I also wish they would clarify what they mean by "child". In some cases it means "any member of the child life stage regardless of relation" and in other cases it means "one of a Sim's progeny, regardless of age." In most cases it can be figured out from the context, but there are some places where it is ambiguous. A bit more clarity in the descriptions wouldn't hurt though.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    "Publish 10 books" will usually credit, but it doesn't start tracking until you unlock the tier. An easy workaround for that one is to hold onto the books until you unlock it, and then just publish them all at once. Owning the child activity table will usually credit once you have them use the object. The same hold true for "own 2 pieces of Gym equipment. It won't credit if your Sim is not on the home lot when you unlock the tier, but it usually unlocks once you return to your home lot. Some of these are wonky/ laggy and will eventually credit once the game catches up. But yes, there are many broken parts to this game. :)