Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet: Pets Won't Be Objects

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    I pray for they bring babies off of the cribs :s

I pray for them to make a game we can just recognize - never mind the details. I know just one thing - to me and in MY VIEW - no one elses, just my own - the Sims 4 is not part of the series - maybe the series with a huge detour back to the back of the bus. I use to be able to figure and dream of things the game would get or how things would occur in a game - but that bus left the minute Sims 4 came out. Truly when someone asks my opinion - I really want to say - it is anybodies guess.

So if I do reply - I am fine with anyones disagree because in this game it really is anybodies guess - it follows some rather skewered vision if you ask me.

Do you give this feedback to EA when they have the board meetings? Maybe that would help them to see.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited October 2015
    GreenXen wrote: »
    Ugh, now they're just toying. I wonder if they've seen this thread.

What does this mean??? Someone tell Me???
    ETA: Ah it's probably pajamas or something. Got my hopes up for a bit there. I'm so gullible.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    edited October 2015

He is talking about a hockey game with the Florida Panthers, not about sims
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Its just cause of a game like an actual sports game. It has nothing to do with the sims.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Its just cause of a game like an actual sports game. It has nothing to do with the sims.

LOL we think alike.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    No, I think it's just a tweet about one of Graham's interests and don't think it has anything to do with The Sims or this thread.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

LOL we think alike.

Haha yeah. I think its important to let ppl know that not all tweets if any have a hidden message.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    RVallantRVallant Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2015
    Edit: Never mind.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited October 2015
    ETA: Ah it's probably pajamas or something. Got my hopes up for a bit there. I'm so gullible.

He is talking about a football game with the Florida Panthers, not about sims

Hockey* ;)
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

[/quote]

It's a hockey team. The "rats" refer to this old story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_trick . Has nothing to do with Sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Hockey* ;)

See. I do not know much about sports, but I knew he was not talking about the sims LOL Thanks for the info I edited my post. o:)
  • Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

It's a hockey team. The "rats" refer to this old story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_trick . Has nothing to do with Sims.[/quote]

That was a quote from someone else that did not work right when I edited. Now I know it is hockey, but at least I did not think it was a hint for pets. I do not keep up with sports as you can see I will go edit it.
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited October 2015
    I wouldn't trust them with pets or anything else at this point when they couldn't even be bothered to have babies as they should have been, as Sims, like they were 11years ago, not bloody objects. This is also the same company that promised us ALL life stages and toddlers are no where in sight and I for one am going to be ticked off if we get pets before toddlers. If Rachel Franklin thinks not having toddlers at release was her best vision ever then why has no one at EA or Maxis said there will never be toddlers? For that matter why hasn't anyone from EA or Maxis, other then those that suck up to her, come out in support of her absolutely selfish and dunce vision? The answer is simple they want to continue to take our money based on hope.

I also wish the dang Guru's would quit tweeting about stuff that has NOTHING to do with the game, keep their personal life stuff to themselves, I could care less about them going to some hockey game. They are doing this purposely getting everyone's hope's up, just so they can trick us into buying more of their junk bugged product.

I agree with you drake_mccarty I think all the buttons should be gone, if people can't handle the disagree button then there should be no buttons at all.

P.S If this post sounds fed up you darn right I am, and I am allowed to be, I payed premium price for this game and I deserve a premium game as does everyone else.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I wouldn't trust them with pets or anything else at this point when they couldn't even be bothered to have babies as they should have been, as Sims, like they were 11years ago, not bloody objects. This is also the same company that promised us ALL life stages and toddlers are no where in sight and I for one am going to be ticked off if we get pets before toddlers. If Rachel Franklin thinks not having toddlers at release was her best vision ever then why has no one at EA or Maxis said there will never be toddlers? For that matter why hasn't anyone from EA or Maxis, other then those that suck up to her, come out in support of her absolutely selfish and dunce vision? The answer is simple they want to continue to take our money based on hope.

I also wish the dang Guru's would quit tweeting about stuff that has NOTHING to do with the game, keep their personal life stuff to themselves, I could care less about them going to some hockey game. They are doing this purposely getting everyone's hope's up, just so they can trick us into buying more of their junk bugged product.

I agree with you drake_mccarty I think all the buttons should be gone, if people can't handle the disagree button then there should be no buttons at all.

P.S If this post sounds fed up you darn right I am, and I am allowed to be, I payed premium price for this game and I deserve a premium game as does everyone else.

Best post I have read today so far.

I play a game now that the developers are awesome. They listen to their fans and even support modders. They have implemented some mods into their game with permission of the modders that created the mods. They are currently holding a contest for modders that the first place prize is an Alienware computer. They offer players 200 dollars for reporting game breaking bugs. They answer questions by the community and implement things the community ask for if they can (I have had some of my ideas put in game)..They want to please their community and make the best game possible (It is really an awesome game to date as it is still being worked on)...They accept negative comments even if it is aimed at them..

The point is ... with them it is about the game and not their personal life. They do their job.. I don't even know about them personally..They accept that the community and modders come up with fantastic ideas and implement a lot into the game..

This sounds rude, but I am not looking to be their friend, I am looking at an awesome game with awesome gameplay that I put up money to support them.. Some of their personality leaks through when answering questions about the game, but as far as my knowledge there is no personal tone or words on their forums...it ..is.. all.. about.. their.. game!

I paid less for their game and even in the currently buggy alpha have more AAA gameplay than any game I've played in years.. We don't hear it is too hard, too expensive, or too time consuming...We have heard we are not sure it can be implemented due to the limits of the engine we use, but we will try.. Honest straight forward words to their community that supports them..

Here in game 4... We hear things and then those things never come true or they are so watered down that they were better just not adding them..Pets won't be objects? Well I guess what my question is then is what is an object to game 4 developers..been told tons of things by these developers that turned out to be just not true.. I am still waiting for actual gameplay in this game.. traits..jobs.. less list to tell me how to rule my game..and exactly what genre these devs think this game is.. It sure isn't a Sims game..

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Lol, now he says he can't promise anything, even though he's basically promised pets won't be objects. Hmmm. . .

New thought: I shall not believe a tweet until it's an actual bird in hand. (See what I did there?) *pats self's feathers*
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2015
    Lol, now he says he can't promise anything, even though he's basically promised pets won't be objects. Hmmm. . .

New thought: I shall not believe a tweet until it's an actual bird in hand. (See what I did there?) *pats self's feathers*

Lol, right. They seem to be just kitten with these tweets, so no need for us to terrier ourselves up about it for now.
  • Options
    That"s you LOLing, right Rflie? Heh heh. Just joking... @Rflong7.
    Nope, wrong thread. Messed up again. Okay, carry on.
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    That"s you LOLing, right Rflie? Heh heh. Just joking... @Rflong7.
    Nope, wrong thread. Messed up again. Okay, carry on.

Nope, it's me LoL'ing.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    That is the same EXACT answer we got from Daniel on Toddlers back in February on the Ask the Guru's threads, after we saw in December the toddlers were not as we had been led to believe part of the updates we had been promised. Then when some simmers have brought the same question up on Twitter just change the word pets to toddlers and it is the same exact reply.

All I can say is good luck waiting on the pets then - as we are still waiting on toddlers and I am pretty sure - they are not coming and all their promises were nothing but empty ploys to get us to keep buying packs and hoping. How long do they think these toddler and pets issues never becoming a reality can keep working? I think we are all just fools and if you can't enjoy the Sims 4 in it's present state (which I can't play it at all or enjoy it at all) then it is time we give up. I see them still stringing along the gullible as long as they can - they just have to sell one more pack and they figure sooner or later you will learn to do without. I won't - but I also will not be buying anything else for Sims 4. Empty promises are just that - and in the case of pets they are not even promising them they just acknowledge they are aware people love them. We had promises for toddlers and still don't have them.

So disgusted!!! And why I like honest people who just speak the truth and get it over with. At least even if I dislike the answer - I can still respect an honest person. Time to just move on. I think.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    I can lol if you want, @applefeather2 ! XD
  • Options

Are you kidding me? Urg I need pets and seasons. The rest idc.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    They know. Un-hunh. I guess they know. Well, don't I just feel all marshmallowy inside now.
    *bangs head on wall*
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

When Daniel's "Too serious culling fix" gets released one day we might see pets then
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I still remember the big lie of 'all life stages will be included' that stopped many (me included) from cancelling our pre-orders.

I now consider everything a Guru tweets or states to be a lie.

If I see it -then I'll believe it. Till then -I'm sticking with 'they lie'.