Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet: Pets Won't Be Objects

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    That's good... I didn't want any more objects in the game that cry and make bad faces, which creep me out. :scream:

The really question is, do we HAVE to control them? Can we have the option to Control them or Not?

And then the other thing, for me, is-- please don't release them too early.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    paramourn wrote: »
    So, they can make functioning animals but not a functioning human life stage?

I'd be willing to put a couple bucks in the jar for "Babies get unleashed from cribs when a Pets EP comes out." There's an overlap in the coding needed if any smaller pets ever get carried.
    That would be nice. Multitasking does need to be figured out for both. I'd love to see babies get freed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member

I'd be willing to put a couple bucks in the jar for "Babies get unleashed from cribs when a Pets EP comes out." There's an overlap in the coding needed if any smaller pets ever get carried.

That's a good point. It would be nice if turns out to be true. :)

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    oh i tweeted that!
    21mbz47.jpg
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3

I love how they pretty much admitted babies were objects hahah
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3

Yeah that's pretty classy right there, I miss the days when I could totally lose my baby.
    I'm not kidding either, kept things exciting.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    GreenXen wrote: »

That's a good point. It would be nice if turns out to be true. :)

Yeah, I have to say, it would be a couple bucks I wouldn't be too surprised to lose. But I'd also put a couple in the "Luth gets more of these jar things right than wrong in the end" jar.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited October 2015
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3

Yeah that's pretty classy right there, I miss the days when I could totally lose my baby.

I really don't understand what the big deal was with babies being out of the crib and on the floor. You're supposed to do that in real life.

http://mom.me/parenting/6598-floor-time-and-developing-normal-child/
    But putting your baby on his stomach on the floor for around 20 minutes per day -- while you're supervising him all the while -- by age 3 to 4 months, can help him develop motor skills, according to MayoClinic.com.
    Modern babies don't spend much time on the floor. They sit in infant seats, car seats, jump seats, and strollers, and are carried in contraptions that allow them to look out at the world from an upright position. All these objects keep them upright and able to see the world, so they don't have to use the muscles needed to push up from the floor or raise their heads. Because babies spend little time lying on their stomachs and can't see the world as well from this position without lifting their heads, many become resistant when placed on their stomachs for tummy time.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Ha! Now that would be interesting.

edited October 2015
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3

I really don't understand what the big deal was with babies being out of the crib and on the floor. You're supposed to that in real life.

But putting your baby on his stomach on the floor for around 20 minutes per day -- while you're supervising him all the while -- by age 3 to 4 months, can help him develop motor skills, according to MayoClinic.com.
    Modern babies don't spend much time on the floor. They sit in infant seats, car seats, jump seats, and strollers, and are carried in contraptions that allow them to look out at the world from an upright position. All these objects keep them upright and able to see the world, so they don't have to use the muscles needed to push up from the floor or raise their heads. Because babies spend little time lying on their stomachs and can't see the world as well from this position without lifting their heads, many become resistant when placed on their stomachs for tummy time.

For me, the problem in Sims 3 was that Sims would dump them pretty much anywhere on the floor. Out in the snow, in bathrooms, in the middle of the kitchen ... More important re the crib-unleashing is that I want my Sims to be able to sit with the baby, or hold the baby while reading a book or having a conversation, etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

LOL yeah. I admit it is pretty funny resizing them and taking pictures. Might as well put their object status to use.
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3

I really don't understand what the big deal was with babies being out of the crib and on the floor. You're supposed to that in real life.

For me, the problem in Sims 3 was that Sims would dump them pretty much anywhere on the floor. Out in the snow, in bathrooms, in the middle of the kitchen ...

Do you consider the 'object baby' an upgrade from the 'dumped baby'?

I was actually hoping rather than get rid of it, they would have made it so where your baby got 'dumped' had an influence on development. That is one of the reasons you leave them out, to experience the environment.
    edited October 2015
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3

For me, the problem in Sims 3 was that Sims would dump them pretty much anywhere on the floor. Out in the snow, in bathrooms, in the middle of the kitchen ...

I was actually hoping rather than get rid of it, they would have made it so where your baby got 'dumped' had an influence on development. That is one of the reasons you leave them out, to experience the environment.

I think we're about even between the two, at least for me. There are things about Sims 3 babies I miss, but there are also interactions with the baby in Sims 4 that I prefer the animation of, and I'm so happy to not have to bottlefeed Simbabies anymore.

I'd be happier with Simbabies on the floor if they behaved like human babies on the floor - tummy play in particular. All that cute headlifting and stuff. And I suppose on long lifespan there's enough time to the baby lifespan to have more development-play. I wonder how many players play the long lifespan, though?

EDIT: Sorry, just realized we've got way off topic! But I'm really interested in playing with these ideas more. (And also should get off line, though, for a while.)
    edited October 2015
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3

I think we're about even between the two, at least for me. There are things about Sims 3 babies I miss, but there are also interactions with the baby in Sims 4 that I prefer the animation of, and I'm so happy to not have to bottlefeed Simbabies anymore.

I'd be happier with Simbabies on the floor if they behaved like human babies on the floor - tummy play in particular. All that cute headlifting and stuff. And I suppose on long lifespan there's enough time to the baby lifespan to have more development-play. I wonder how many players play the long lifespan, though?

Aww, tummy play would be so cute.

I play with the long life span. I don't know how many others do, but I would think some family players would so they could savor the different lifestages.

Edit: Nah, it's fine. The merits of objects vs. beings is what the central issue is. I know in the Ideas section a few people voiced their preference for object pets that didn't require as much care.
  • KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    oh i tweeted that!
    Sweet! <3

For me, the problem in Sims 3 was that Sims would dump them pretty much anywhere on the floor. Out in the snow, in bathrooms, in the middle of the kitchen ... More important re the crib-unleashing is that I want my Sims to be able to sit with the baby, or hold the baby while reading a book or having a conversation, etc.

Yasss. Multitasking with a baby. Like a real parent.
    I don't think they are gonna get freed though...
    But it would be fun if they did.
    Just imagine it!!!

EDIT: Sorry, just realized we've got way off topic! But I'm really interested in playing with these ideas more. (And also should get off line, though, for a while.)
    I love your ideas for the babies.

I actually really want these things from the Sims Freeplay in the Sims 4 for the younger life stages. How I play is long life stage especially for the baby and toddler stages. Sometimes I pause the aging for toddlers, so I can take the time to teach them the life skills like walking and talking.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HX12v5mxJM

It would be super cute if babies could giggle when a pet comes near them to sniff them.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Pets won't be objects, but does that mean they will still be fleshed out or will they be attached to a kennel as feared?

Wouldn't being attached to a kennel make them objects?
    I think so
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Pets won't be objects, but does that mean they will still be fleshed out or will they be attached to a kennel as feared?

Why pets should be fleshed out? when players accepted the sims themselves not being fleshed out so why the developers would bother making pets fleshed out?

Welcome to the half baked era

Pets need to be fleshed out, more like The Sims 2 Pets, since they only have a single Expansion Pack devoted to them, unlike Humanoid Sims that have literally every Pack released adding more depth to them.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Good news. The game desperately needs pets. Hope they've already begun work on it.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2015