Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet: Pets Won't Be Objects

Comments

• greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    GreenXen wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I'm trying to imagine where/how they can even make pets, you know... fit. I mean, a cat in a house, okay, but in the world? Hm....

What do you mean fit in the world? Stray cats wandering the neighborhood? Dogs and squirrels in the parks? Horses in the woodsy area of Outdoor Retreat?

Horses need grasses not trees and bushes to survive in the wild so they would not be wise to put them in OR. You are thinking of deer and woodsy creatures. Horses eat grasses - hay, they sun a lot - they don't particularly hang around trees ever - my grandparents horses were always out in the fields laying in the Sun even in Georgia where it is hot - really hot, and hardly ever ventured into the woodsy area of the farm which there was a lot as my grandparents had fruit and nut orchids, plum and peach trees and a bunch of other trees. But in 500 acres the 7 horses they kept rarely went near the trees. When it got too hot they went down to the pond and stood in the water or went to the barns.

No, I'm not. I'm thinking about where the open space is in the game to accommodate horses would be, and Outdoor Retreat is one place.

Horses do eat grass, but some gravitate to and live in forests where there is also grass. Horseback riding through forests is a usual past time in some places.

I have been an avid horseback rider since I was 7 - and that is how we got all over grandma's farm is on horseback - but the horses always roamed away from the trees to grassy - sunny spots to munch on grasses. Granted maybe horses in other countries do things differently but I assure you I see no horses here in the White Mountain National forest where I have lived here for 12 years. Lots of deer, moose, bears, raccoons, skunks, foxes, mountain lions, Bobcats -even a few Coyotes now and then and other little creatures - but no horses. Plenty of farms around with open pastures and horses but none up here in the forest. It is a different story when a rider rides them on horse trails along the wilderness trails - they do not go to those places on their own though. They like the fields. Grasses do not grow well in the forest. I know how much we spent trying to grow a darn lawn. LOL.

I'm sure you had a lovely childhood, but it's not relevant. I didn't question your experience. What happened was you asserted that I was thinking of something I wasn't, not the other way around. (I mean, who would actually think someone would confuse a horse with a deer?)

The point is that some horses can live in the woods and people do horseback ride in the woods, and there is a big woodsy area in the game already, so there is one possible solution for what some see as the problem of where could Sims ride horses. Plus, Sims have no trouble growing pixel grass anywhere, including in shady areas.
  • staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they did.

They say they are:

The devs aren't going to admit, whether it's then or now, that they could've done better. they know where their bread is buttered.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they developed.

This is a great post--really insightful, especially since we can assume these questions are coming from the fans of TS4. These aren't the fears and concerns of those who aren't playing the game any more, and I never would have considered that had you not pointed it out.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Plum I miss the disagree butron!!

yeah, I dunno why they eliminated it.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    I pray for they bring babies off of the cribs :s
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    I pray for they bring babies off of the cribs :s

I pray for them to make a game we can just recognize - never mind the details. I know just one thing - to me and in MY VIEW - no one elses, just my own - the Sims 4 is not part of the series - maybe the series with a huge detour back to the back of the bus. I use to be able to figure and dream of things the game would get or how things would occur in a game - but that bus left the minute Sims 4 came out. Truly when someone asks my opinion - I really want to say - it is anybodies guess.

So if I do reply - I am fine with anyones disagree because in this game it really is anybodies guess - it follows some rather skewered vision if you ask me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Don't forget: "Things change."
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »
    Don't forget: "Things change."

So true. Means we can't even depend on anything seen or told. It's all up for grabs I guess. We like something - give it a big YAY - then it comes out and it is not what they showed us or told us - that's because - Things Change!!!! Rightttttt. Can you see what would happen if all the world things worked like that. Pure Mayhem is all I can see.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Reminds me of: You're driving down the highway with family or friends and someone says, "I'm sure I turned the stove off."
    Does not inspire relief!
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member

I agree x
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting points in here :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I wouldn't take that tweet too seriously. We're talking about a group of devs who said that game was gonna include all life stages and then went "lol nope" when the game is almost out.

I'll believe it when I see it. Always remember Nardone's immortal quote:

"Things change."

It wouldn't make any sense to release a Pets EP with chained pets. Nobody in their right mind would pay 40 dollars for that (pleeeease people, i know you put up with a lot of plum, don't prove me wrong on this) . I expect them to decide a lit of plummy plum plum, because they don't understand their fanbase, but they're not dumb at the end of the day.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    I wouldn't take that tweet too seriously. We're talking about a group of devs who said that game was gonna include all life stages and then went "lol nope" when the game is almost out.

I'll believe it when I see it. Always remember Nardone's immortal quote:

"Things change."

It wouldn't make any sense to release a Pets EP with chained pets. Nobody in their right mind would pay 40 dollars for that (pleeeease people, i know you put up with a lot of plum, don't prove me wrong on this) . I expect them to decide a lit of plummy plum plum, because they don't understand their fanbase, but they're not dumb at the end of the day.

I wish we still had the LOL button, because I cracked up at your plummy plum plum :joy:

so... *lol*
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't know whether I should feel satisfied or worried about this news... :s
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I'm with ya. Unfortunately the mods think we are children who can't handle being disagreed with, so they leave 3 agree buttons. I think they should just remove all of the buttons in general.
    Well, in fact, yes. This is a forum, not Facebook or YouTube.

(I'll see what pets are like when they get there)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Ugh, now they're just toying. I wonder if they've seen this thread.

Loool maybe they are aware of this thread thats why.

Yes cats are coming in Get Together, the below cat is coming but mince the toddler

Cat.Amazon.jpeg
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    Ugh, now they're just toying. I wonder if they've seen this thread.

Loool maybe they are aware of this thread thats why.

Yes cats are coming in Get Together, the below cat is coming but mince the toddler

Cat.Amazon.jpeg

If #WeSeeRats, I hope they look like this:

2qjaxjp.jpg
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Graham works on stuff packs. Doubt we'd get cats in a stuff pack. Maybe a cat costume....

He's always tweeting about his other interests so I don't think it was a hint though I think he was aware it would cause speculation. I do think we will get the Pets expansion next year regardless of hints.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Graham works on stuff packs. Doubt we'd get cats in a stuff pack. Maybe a cat costume....

He's always tweeting about his other interests so I don't think it was a hint though I think he was aware it would cause speculation. I do think we will get the Pets expansion next year regardless of hints.

He'd know what other people are working on, though...

Glad this is a train I'm not getting on either way!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    CrackFox wrote: »

He'd know what other people are working on, though...

Glad this is a train I'm not getting on either way!

Lol, guys, I'm not saying this is a Pets tweet. I'm noting how the Gurus like to toy with the players, down to the triple entendre of cat and mouse(rat) -- 1. the Panthers game & slogans, 2. a possible Pets EP, and 3. toying with Sims fan via a game of cat and mouse.

Also, I know this sounds funny, but Pets is only a middling EP for me. I just wound up watching it because when the German Sims team actually asked on their Facebook page what players wanted to see in a Pets EP, it was an actual indication that they were ready to listen to that particular feedback. I mean, there are lots of good ideas on these boards, but I would guess timing is important and that there's a window of when they're actually open to reading and considering certain ideas.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't really care for pets in the sims. I love my pets IRL but I didn't find them very fun in the sims. I hope if they do pets, they make it very different then before. For example, I don't want my pet taking up one of my precious 8 sim slots. I don't want to have to take control of it either.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited October 2015
    It's cool to see the gurus excited about hockey though hehe.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »

Since people bought a base game that's so buggy and missing so many features and which includes Resusci-Babies-As-Objects, I'm sure EA thinks people WOULD pay 40 dollars for chained pets. If you buy the plum they churn out no matter how bad it is then you are encouraging more of the same.