Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet: Pets Won't Be Objects

Comments

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    *waits for the gifs to come "flying" in*
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    As chunky and flat as the non-modded hairs look in the base game, I shudder to think what any pets may look like.
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    yay:))) one worry off my shoulders;))) pets will be alive and kicking;))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yes- instead of fixing it by them only putting them back in the bassinet or making it to where they could go from bassinet to chair to bouncer to stroller... (I'm giving you more ideas that are the same which have been posted all over, @Maxis), they make 'em objects.

Clicking on the crib in TS2 and TS3 will give the option to put the baby- and TS3 Sims were travelers, they had to be able to put the babies down in the park or at someones house (then poof! the babies got sent home if needed [I loved that!]). :mrgreen:

*I miss the bottle messes and the diaper messes and the toddlers making messes- there are no messes from babies in TS3 and TS4. :(
  • KillerSynthKillerSynth Posts: 419 Member
    I wouldn't take that tweet too seriously. We're talking about a group of devs who said that game was gonna include all life stages and then went "lol nope" when the game is almost out.

I'll believe it when I see it. Always remember Nardone's immortal quote:

"Things change."

Yawn. I'm just so tired today.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yes- instead of fixing it by them only putting them back in the bassinet or making it to where they could go from bassinet to chair to bouncer to stroller... (I'm giving you more ideas that are the same which have been posted all over, @Maxis), they make 'em objects.

Clicking on the crib in TS2 and TS3 will give the option to put the baby- and TS3 Sims were travelers, they had to be able to put the babies down in the park or at someones house (then poof! the babies got sent home if needed [I loved that!]). :mrgreen:

*I miss the bottle messes and the diaper messes and the toddlers making messes- there are no messes from babies in TS3 and TS4. :(

off topic:))) love love love your plumbbobs;)
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
    I wouldn't take that tweet too seriously. We're talking about a group of devs who said that game was gonna include all life stages and then went "lol nope" when the game is almost out.

"Things change."

might be;))) but still have hopes;)) we will see in some point;)) but I do understand you here.. it's always better to keep your hopes low, so disappointment won't hurt much:))
    00.jpg

• AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member

"Things change."

Exactly why I'm not holding my breath here. Thank you.

We won't know until they start marketing the EP, and even then, we might have to wait for it to be closer to release if things in fact changed and they don't want to show us too early that pets ended up being objects.

About the possibility of pets in TS4... With the world not being open like in TS3, I am not expecting them to add horses at all, unless they release a much bigger neighborhood with the EP that have enough space in the sub-neighborhoods for them to run around. And a lot of people will dislike the way the fur is done on cats and dogs, if they do it to match the style of sims' hair.

On a semi-related note, I want chickens.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

"Things change."

Do you not think the Gurus have changed scope a little since then? There's a reason that we get no information on anything until they know 100% that it is going to be in the game and work the way they intend... The reason? 'Things change' Yes. Because the team announced, long before they knew they would run out of development time for said features, that all life stages would be included within the base game. Unfortunately events clearly happened which meant they were unable to fulfill this promise. Because of this the team now withhold any and all information until they know for sure it's happening; in some cases that has meant that we've been given no information on new content until the day of release. It's to avoid anymore of these 'things change' situations. Therefore, I firmly believe that if the Gurus say that pets won't be objects, pets won't be objects. They're not going to start feeding us false information at this stage.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think I shall just sit back, wait and see exactly what it means to not be an object like the babies before I let loose any 'whoopies and awww yeahhhhs'. So pets wont be an object like the babies. Does it mean they will be an object like the current form of pets in the game and not able to even be fed or interacted with? Because the fish, frogs and space aliens are so beyond disappointing.

I don't honestly expect that pets will be that dumbed-down, but hey - I've been surprised before by this game.

I do wonder how it will work with pets and public places, pets and traveling, pets and the general population and culling. Will they be controllable? Count toward the sim population cap? The 20 sim lot limit?

There is a lot I hope for, for pets. I just don't have the heart anymore to get all excited over a potential feature only to have it be disappointing as heck. Like how excited I was at the prospect of improved babies and toddlers, and how maybe this time the elders wouldn't be left out in the cold.

• AmericanSimStoryAmericanSimStory Posts: 60 Member
    So... get to work and make babies not objects, too. B)
    I'm trying to imagine where/how they can even make pets, you know... fit. I mean, a cat in a house, okay, but in the world? Hm....
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm trying to imagine where/how they can even make pets, you know... fit. I mean, a cat in a house, okay, but in the world? Hm....

What do you mean fit in the world? Stray cats wandering the neighborhood? Dogs and squirrels in the parks? Horses in the woodsy area of Outdoor Retreat?
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited October 2015
    So either that means pets can be held, and they could have done that all along. (or now can do it, despite multi-tasking) or that we won't be able to hold pets, but can still have them wonder around (which, doesn't sound far fetched to me anyway).
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Cats will be stashed in bookshelves all over Wilow Creek, with random dinner plates and lumps of clay. :D
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Cats will be stashed in bookshelves all over Wilow Creek, with random dinner plates and lumps of clay. :D

Further reason to miss the "lol" button, haha.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.

greenxen wrote:
    Oh yeah !

Baby dragon, bird, snake, womrat, fish won't be objects ! :p

Flying fish. Watch out! :)
    *waits for the gifs to come "flying" in*

Still waiting for my gifs!
    whooshh-2.0.gif

• aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they developed.

I think it speaks more of those posing the question rather than the game itself. Why would anyone think pets would be objects to begin with?
    aclavo wrote: »
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they developed.

I think it speaks more of those posing the question rather than the game itself. Why would anyone think pets would be objects to begin with?

Because babies are due to logistic difficulties and other constraints. So, why would pets not be subject to the same problems?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962
    GreenXen wrote: »

What do you mean fit in the world? Stray cats wandering the neighborhood? Dogs and squirrels in the parks? Horses in the woodsy area of Outdoor Retreat?
    Yes, LOL, that's what I meant. I can see it now; Sim drops down to do faceplants on the cement (okay, exercise) and he gets a zed-shaped (Zee for American's :)) cat's tail in his mouth as a dog runs over his back. :dizzy:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    paramourn wrote: »
    So, they can make functioning animals but not a functioning human life stage?

This is what I was coming to post after reading it. It's disgraceful. They can make Pets that aren't objects but babies are stuck in a crib forever and there's not a toddler in sight.
    It's just as appalling as Sims 3, when they allowed bathing your cat and dog, but never babies or toddlers.

Priorities.
    Get some.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited October 2015

Because babies are due to logistic difficulties and other constraints. So, why would pets not be subject to the same problems?

He lost me completely at: "somewhat unequivocally"... that means there is "sort of no doubt"... ummm.
    He would have kept my attention at "fairly certain", but I'm funny that way.
    edit for a typo.
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member

Now you're being silly. There is nothing wrong with the babies as they are, at least now I don't have to look around the house to because the baby was put outside on the ground. I wouldn't even equate the two, it's apples and oranges.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't know if you all are talking about TS3, but my sims almost never put their babies on the floor, and never outside. The only times they end up on the floor is if I'm playing with the baby monitor and they put the baby down as part of the animation to interpret what the baby wants. No, I don't care for it, but at least there's a reason, and I don't have to play with the baby monitor if I don't like it. The only time they end up outside on the ground is if the game gets reset, like after installing a new EP or taking out mods etc. So really, I have no idea what game you all are playing where your sims put their babies on the floor. Also, they stand and chat with other sims holding the babies and they can sit on chairs with the babies. Do they have as many animations as I would like? No, but at least they aren't objects.

As for the OP, I'm not going to get excited about anything about this game. As others have said, they've said a lot of things that weren't true so I have zero trust. Also, I believe it was Grant Rodiek and not Graham Nardone who said "things change". And he isn't gone as far as I know, he just stopped his guru duties (meaning he doesn't communicate regularly with fans any longer).

And @aclavo, that post contains an explanation by a guru - an engineer no less - who worked on this game as to why babies are objects. It looks to me like you are the one who is being silly. :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!