Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet: Pets Won't Be Objects

Comments

• Options
    Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    Wait, wut? They announced pets? Did I miss something? If they didn't I feel we're focussing on the wrong part of the tweet here.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Wait, wut? They announced pets? Did I miss something? If they didn't I feel we're focussing on the wrong part of the tweet here.

They did *not* announce Pets. They answered the question will pets be objects.

If you noticed my questions at the bottom I did ask if people thought that we might not be getting pets, which could also be an explanation as to why they were able to answer so early and definitely. :)
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    No way to predict what it means. I don't want pets, until we have our toddlers.

I want toddlers first then pets as well. I want toddlers to have fun interactions with the pets like pulling Fluffy's tail.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    GreenXen wrote: »
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they did.

They say they are:

LOL They have to "stand" behind their work as a united body. Because they claimed that they are happy and proud of the game itself, yet it is leaps and bounds in the wrong direction, and it has regressed instead of progressing. They should be happy they put out a game, but to say they are happy for putting out a game claiming to be the continuation of the Sims is laughable.

And just because he sent out a tweet saying pets won't be objects, that could mean anything, also meaning we might not even get pets. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Right now they have to work to get my trust back, and anything they say I'm taking with a side-eye, a truck load of salt, and suspicion.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    aclavo wrote: »
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they developed.

I think it speaks more of those posing the question rather than the game itself. Why would anyone think pets would be objects to begin with?

Because babies are due to logistic difficulties and other constraints. So, why would pets not be subject to the same problems?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

Now you're being silly. There is nothing wrong with the babies as they are, at least now I don't have to look around the house to because the baby was put outside on the ground. I wouldn't even equate the two, it's apples and oranges.

have you played Sims 2? Were your babies every just left around the house? Mine weren't. In Sims 3 there are no babies lying abandoned in my world. And when my sims visit each other the babies are either in their cribs or swings or someone is holding them (at times). Never have I had to go searching for them.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited October 2015

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they developed.

I think it speaks more of those posing the question rather than the game itself. Why would anyone think pets would be objects to begin with?

Because babies are due to logistic difficulties and other constraints. So, why would pets not be subject to the same problems?

Now you're being silly. There is nothing wrong with the babies as they are, at least now I don't have to look around the house to because the baby was put outside on the ground. I wouldn't even equate the two, it's apples and oranges.

have you played Sims 2? Were your babies every just left around the house? Mine weren't. In Sims 3 there are no babies lying abandoned in my world. And when my sims visit each other the babies are either in their cribs or swings or someone is holding them (at times). Never have I had to go searching for them.

I once thought my game was glitched when I saw four Babies in the Park.... during Winter.... in the Snow... lol good thing their Burrito Blankets kept them warm, not sure how some Sim Parents haven't been contacted by Social Services yet...
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    @GoldenBuffy the worst part about it was it was usually a guest that was visiting you, who would decide they wanted to take your baby out of its crib for a cuddle and then just put it down wherever...

My own sims would do it to. But a lot of unplayables did it, often. I'm surprised you didn't witness it.

Oh and if the game generated babies in houses that didn't have baby stuff...
    They just lived on the floor.

Ps. PETS THOUGH!!!
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »

I once thought my game was glitched when I saw four Babies in the Park.... during Winter.... in the Snow... lol good thing their Burrito Blankets kept them warm, not sure how some Sim Parents haven't been contacted by Social Services yet...

I really miss the "LOL" button. Wait...
    2lol-s500x380-48054_zpsy1bxcjph.jpg

See, I never seen that. But that could be because when i started playing back in 2009, I played much like Sims 1 before they started releasing EPs, my sims were home bound. But I then started building community lots and homes, and since I like families I made sure to include cribs, and when the store released the swing and stuff, I added those to the houses. Community lots I've also had areas for babies and toddlers, so there wouldn't be any on the ground. I know for me, if I went some place without an area for my kids in real life I wouldn't go there anymore. LOL So I do the same for my simmies. :)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't know if you all are talking about TS3, but my sims almost never put their babies on the floor, and never outside. The only times they end up on the floor is if I'm playing with the baby monitor and they put the baby down as part of the animation to interpret what the baby wants. No, I don't care for it, but at least there's a reason, and I don't have to play with the baby monitor if I don't like it. The only time they end up outside on the ground is if the game gets reset, like after installing a new EP or taking out mods etc. So really, I have no idea what game you all are playing where your sims put their babies on the floor. Also, they stand and chat with other sims holding the babies and they can sit on chairs with the babies. Do they have as many animations as I would like? No, but at least they aren't objects.

As for the OP, I'm not going to get excited about anything about this game. As others have said, they've said a lot of things that weren't true so I have zero trust. Also, I believe it was Grant Rodiek and not Graham Nardone who said "things change". And he isn't gone as far as I know, he just stopped his guru duties (meaning he doesn't communicate regularly with fans any longer).

And @aclavo, that post contains an explanation by a guru - an engineer no less - who worked on this game as to why babies are objects. It looks to me like you are the one who is being silly. :D

I agree. I didn't notice it as much in TS3 but I had no problem clicking on the crib in TS2 to have the Sim get the baby- they always know where the babies and toddlers are hiding. :lol:
  • Options
    @GoldenBuffy the worst part about it was it was usually a guest that was visiting you, who would decide they wanted to take your baby out of its crib for a cuddle and then just put it down wherever...

My own sims would do it to. But a lot of unplayables did it, often. I'm surprised you didn't witness it.

Oh and if the game generated babies in houses that didn't have baby stuff...
    They just lived on the floor.

Ps. PETS THOUGH!!!

Wait, you've had guest who would pick up your babies?!?! Why does this not happen in my game? I've only had one sim pick up my other sim's baby but it was on a community lot. The couple were out at the beach enjoying a very hot summer day, and I had the mom place the baby in the car seat from Around the Sims, and another sim came over and started playing with the baby. My mom didn't like that, and they ended up fighting. ROFL But before the fight the other sim put the baby back into the car seat.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

They did *not* announce Pets. They answered the question will pets be objects.

If you noticed my questions at the bottom I did ask if people thought that we might not be getting pets, which could also be an explanation as to why they were able to answer so early and definitely. :)

Ah, you do have a point.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I never had babies left around everywhere in Sims 3 either. Or sims 2. Neither did I have strange guests picking up my babies from their cribs to cuddle them.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited October 2015
    It can happen. I've seen babies left on the ground. If an unplayed house had a family and there's no crib I always move them to a family friendly lot. I have never seen abandoned babies or toddlers on community lots tho.

And pets, I seriously doubt it would be an object. Since sims babies can't move about on their own, they could pull off making it an object, but a pets expansion can't get away with this - the pets will have to be fleshed out, with all the interactions we're accustomed to in a Pets expansion.

If they do make them object-like I will laugh and cry at the same time.
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member

I've played all versions of the Sims, so I know of what I speak and this is in regards to TS3, it happened a lot.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I highly doubt they'd make Pets confined to Kennels or any other objects, Pets is one of the best selling Packs in the franchise and adds the most Life States next to Supernatural, it's a fan favourite and some people like me would buy the base game just to get Pets lol however, it does beg the question on whether kittens and puppies and other smaller Pets can be picked up and carried without being confined to Cages and Kennels, I surely hope so and if Pets are unconfined in early Life Stages, they have no reason not to unconfined Babies or create Toddlers.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Sometimes my sims in TS3 put their babies on the floor. But to be honest I'd rather have that occur and be able to take babies out to the park and such. I really dislike what they've done with TS4's babies. And, yes, it's sad that fans had to ask if this would be the case with pets as well.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'd just like for pets not to be controllable. I would rather have them be 100% unpredictable, yet still trainable.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    I don't know if you all are talking about TS3, but my sims almost never put their babies on the floor, and never outside. The only times they end up on the floor is if I'm playing with the baby monitor and they put the baby down as part of the animation to interpret what the baby wants. No, I don't care for it, but at least there's a reason, and I don't have to play with the baby monitor if I don't like it. The only time they end up outside on the ground is if the game gets reset, like after installing a new EP or taking out mods etc. So really, I have no idea what game you all are playing where your sims put their babies on the floor. Also, they stand and chat with other sims holding the babies and they can sit on chairs with the babies. Do they have as many animations as I would like? No, but at least they aren't objects.

As for the OP, I'm not going to get excited about anything about this game. As others have said, they've said a lot of things that weren't true so I have zero trust. Also, I believe it was Grant Rodiek and not Graham Nardone who said "things change". And he isn't gone as far as I know, he just stopped his guru duties (meaning he doesn't communicate regularly with fans any longer).

And @aclavo, that post contains an explanation by a guru - an engineer no less - who worked on this game as to why babies are objects. It looks to me like you are the one who is being silly. :D

I didn't read the link because there was no need.
  • Options

I've played all versions of the Sims, so I know of what I speak and this is in regards to TS3, it happened a lot.

In your game. :) In mine it's the opposite. And like you, I know what I seek as well. ;)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I highly doubt they'd make Pets confined to Kennels or any other objects, Pets is one of the best selling Packs in the franchise and adds the most Life States next to Supernatural, it's a fan favourite and some people like me would buy the base game just to get Pets lol however, it does beg the question on whether kittens and puppies and other smaller Pets can be picked up and carried without being confined to Cages and Kennels, I surely hope so and if Pets are unconfined in early Life Stages, they have no reason not to unconfined Babies or create Toddlers.

Yeah, I would love to agree with that, but we wanted real babies and that's why we got them in Sims 2. We wanted all life stages, again, that's why we got them in Sims 2. And that was a huge selling point with the whole game. And some of the most requested items for the Sims 3 store were more items for toddlers and babies. But they took away toddlers and confined babies back to cribs like Sims 1.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Goth583 wrote: »
    I'd just like for pets not to be controllable. I would rather have them be 100% unpredictable, yet still trainable.

Like Sims 2 pets? I liked that. They were free to do as they pleased. I don't mind not controlling them. :)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Like Sims 2 pets? I liked that. They were free to do as they pleased. I don't mind not controlling them. :)
    I liked it too. It is like my cat she has a mind of her own.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

Yes, I also preferred pets that way too, it was far less of a hassle at times.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    My noncontroable cat teared my couch to shred. That was the fist thing it did and I did not see it coming being a new Sims 2 player. My simself did nothing and my poor couch was dust while I just stared with a :* It was awesome :D
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2015
    this is how the pets of Sims 4 might be
    4984945289_97b5ca21f7.jpg

only costumes not objects :#
    You can have animal parties!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif