Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    Oh my gosh what an accomplishment @ThePlumbob what an accomplishment! I love the Bloomers and I am sad to see them go but I am also happy to see you complete a legacy challenge/story.

Thanks @OJenn ! I had a blast writing this :)
  • Options
    Just temporarily resuscitating this thread in case some of you missed these over in A2A :)

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Looking forward to a new story one day. Have fun in Skyrim :)
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I finished it... It was a wonderful story. I hope I can write legacy story like you, can find a time for it :) You did a great work, @ThePlumbob <3
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    Wow, been away for a long time. Can't believe it's over, I'll have to come back and read everything I missed.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    OMG @Rivie ! I know this isn't my thread but wow, I've missed you :heart: Hope you are well!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @roseinblack69 & @Rivie Hey! Sorry it took me so long to reply to you guys, I haven't noticed that there were new comments on here - shame on me! Thank you both for popping by and for your kind words, I hope you're both really well! :)
  • Options
    kaycee39kaycee39 Posts: 8 New Member
    I am so sad to have finished reading this amazing Legacy story. I simply loved and read each chapter with anticipation and delight. Thank you for providing such wonderful Simlit, with an exceptional storyline and beautiful direction. I treasured each character as if they were my own! I thought Yenn was my favorite until Sera came along, I first loved to hate her, but it was a joy to see her transformation. I'm not sure if you have started another legacy but I would love it if you did
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    *swoops in past the cobwebs and wipes dust*

Ahem... I'm not sure if this is of any interest to anyone but myself, given how long it's been, but I thought I'd hop on here for a bit just in case.

If you were a Bloomer reader back in the day, you may or may not know that shortly after I finished writing the story, I had to move my blog to another (i.e. cheaper) host and lost all of my images on the site in the process. I had the best of intentions to restore them, but turns out, I wrote many chapters and took even more images (who knew?), so the blog remained imageless for years - it was too big of a feat to tackle, or so I thought.

Little did I know that my amazing fiancé @ThePlumtree spent the last month or so reviving all of the old posts as a surprise for me, and thanks to his tireless dedication, all of the images are finally back, in case anybody wants to revisit the Bloomer legacy once again - the url is still the same:

I can't believe it's been two years since I finished this. A lot has happened, but the Bloomers still have a special place in my heart.

If you're one of the original readers and still around, thank you for having been a part of the time of my life when I was able to explore so much through writing and one of my favorite game series.

If you're new and enjoy legacies or stories about personal growth and finding oneself, feel free to pop around!

I'm off to reread this myself now...
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I thought the story was lost for good. I'm glad it isn't so and new readers can enjoy it too. <3
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    That's great news! Also nice to see you posting around here again, even if it's only briefly :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    I re-read this legacy just this past Friday, it was one of my favorite stories. I went back for a re-read, because I finally bought the Sims 4 and extra content. Your story is what made me want to write my own stories. Thank you! I am so glad it was restored! I have been playing based off the Build Newcrest challenge. I have also used it as a guideline because I don't follow strict rules in games anyway. I loved the concept of the legacy. I realized that I have been a part of this forum for 9 years and this is the second post ever....Certainly need to stick around for a while maybe inspire others when I can share my story. Again thanks for the inspiration!
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • Options
    @Maladi777 & @CitizenErased14 Thank you guys, lovely to see you're still so active on the forums :smile: I've reread this over the course of last week and it definitely made me feel nostalgic! :) How amazing that you two still write your stories, that's dedication!

@DESERTFLOWER1981 Thank you! That's so cool that the story inspired you to start your own! I think that's the beauty of the community (not that I've been active in the community over the last two years, but you get the idea) - I still remember the stories that inspired me to start writing, like Candi's Uglacy way back from the Sims 2, Alice and Kev by RoBurky and The Mars legacy and The Heart Legacy by @FuryRed from the Sims 3 days and the Gieke legacy by @Lynnwood - which I think is no longer online because the pictures went missing (sounds familiar ha!) but I guess never say never :smile: It's a nice little cycle :smiley:
  • Options
    How did it feel to finish a legacy? Was it hard by the end to let it go? Such a great story and I finally made it to the end and it was a beautiful ending.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hi @Rivie <3 So good to hear from you! I said this in my reply on Wordpress already, but you were one of my first readers so it means the world to me that you still remember this legacy and came back to finish reading. I hope you are doing well?

Oof, how did it feel to finish the legacy... It's quite a while back, but I think I was really pleased with the ending, it felt like the right point to finish and a good conclusion for everyone while still leaving it quite open. So it was surprisingly not that hard to let go at all. I actually still have the save, and tried going back to it a couple of times (namely to try out Get Famous with Hope and Discover University with Aslan), but it didn't feel right to play anymore, because the story concluded - felt like what I was playing out was not "canon." The Bloomers will definitely always have a place in my heart, though!

What about you, have you thought about going back to the Kingsons, or starting a new legacy? :) It's really nice to see you around on the forums again!
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob I don't know why I left the Sims and the forums but I'm glad I was able to finish reading the story. Things are okay in spite of the state of the world right now, hope you're doing great. I can imagine the feeling of accomplishing the legacy challenge. Also, if it was the first legacy you played, or simlit it does stay with you. That's why I don't think I could start a different legacy style challenge before continuing with the Disney one.

I have thought about it, I do miss the Kingsons. I also did leave a chapter in drafts but I still have to go back and remember how to take pictures and get back into mods, see where I left off and what's next on the challenge.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
  • Options
    @Rivie Glad to hear that, I'm ok too! It wasn't the first legacy I attempted by any means, but the only one I finished - I'm sure writing played a big part in that! The Disney challenge definitely seems to have a few interesting angles! That's so interesting, I feel like sometimes it's just easier to start fresh (but that's my non-committal trait talking), so I admire that you would still go back to the Kingsons over starting a new legacy. I can imagine getting back into it would seem daunting at first, but I'm sure you'd get right into it pretty soon :)
  • Options
    Well I think I can say we are glad you finished it. I hope I can go check out your new story soon.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
  • Options
    Thanks @Rivie :) No pressure to read the new story, it is very different from the Bloomers and not particularly happy (full disclosure: that is an understatement), so it's not going to be to everyone's taste. In any case thanks again for reading this legacy, and hopefully I'll be seeing you around the forums more :)