Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Lose Your Ugliness in Ten Generations- A Bella Birth

Comments

• Options
    lovingbabeslovingbabes Posts: 81 Member
    Love the story and so excited to see more i vote for Eowyn i think they would have good children to take on the 3rd generation
  • Options
    plastiekzakskeplastiekzakske Posts: 253 Member
    Yes!!! Super funny :) I LOVE what you have done with this #wheresfree episode. I laught out loud reading it.
    SimLitFinal_zpsxopnjpp8.png
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    LOL. This cracked me up. Your story here inspired me to start a prettacy of my own and Elder made an appearance not too long ago -

My current heir, Sylvie, set her sights on him but the two of them just weren't getting along. He did fall head over heels for her sister Philomena, however, and they had a set of (pretty good looking) twin boys. Being noncommittal, Philomena refused to marry him and moved out on her own with the twins. But Elder kept coming around to Sylvie's house and those two eventually patched things up. Sylvie, seeing how handsome her nephews turned out, decided she definitely needed a piece of that action. When she tried to romance him, though, she found out that he was still desperate for Philomena and was just using Sylvie to get close to her sister again! Thankfully Philomena took pity on him and has allowed Elder to move in so that he can be close to his sons, but she's made it VERY clear that their relationship is nothing more than FWB ;) poor Elder!
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    @PeachyKeen88 I'm so happy i could inspire you. Sounds like a lot of sister drama in your save!
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    @marcellala I've been playing The Sims since TS1 and this is HANDS DOWN my favorite household so far. I'm so glad I found your thread bc I'd never have thought to play a prettacy otherwise. I always look forward to seeing what Cassia and Valentina have been up to! It's a lot of fun to watch how the genetics in this game work.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @marcellala Great job with the #whereselder! That was so fun and funny! I'll add the links everywhere!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    I love this so much!!
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Behind the Scenes of Valentina's Generation

A lot of nice screenshots haven't made it into the story of How To Lose your Ugliness in Ten Generations during Valentina's "reign", because they didn't fit the theme or are just variations of scenes already used. For everyone who is interested in a more day-to-day capture of my legacy, here is a selection of a few of them:

Family Life

My Sims are always very family oriented, but this family just has so many cute moments, it's not always possible to show all of them. A lot of the interactions are autonomously and there is a lot of love for everyone. Cousins and aunts included.

Valentina meeting the pregnant Cleo for the first time since she had moved out.
    04bc2d15-9e36-4acf-8dde-d842421d06cf_zpst7e8wu9w.png

Valentina finally feeling her mother's pain
    8d4a1503-b401-495b-a6d9-c6561ae49875_zpsgzplni6l.png

Everyone is so depressed because of Cassia's death that Valentina misses
    the chance to meet her father Don Lothario for the first and only possible time.
    a6c3438e-4018-4ec0-b819-1d4b6d08187c_zpstii2ubpt.png

Savanna caring autonomously for baby Bella.
    11f880cd-8763-4a61-996b-cd4ded556237_zpscomlc5pj.png

Bella as a child in her cute pyjama.
    d01dd1c3-a1fc-4963-9580-ed1df5e8d18a_zps9yixxrnp.png

After moving out, Savanna is visiting home..to almost give birth on the front porch!
    01aeebfd-226d-4cd1-837d-3d2910fabb21_zpse0lgmxlv.png

Savanna and her son Jermaine.
    8680be71-1530-49ea-b31c-f01167324ac8_zpsqzxujx9n.png

Cassia's Cameos

Cassia visits almost every second night and stays long enough to cause a whole lot of chaos and eat all the food. I always try to include her into the story, but screenshots with just Cassia on them normally don't get used. Here you have them:

Most times Cassia visits, she is angry. Maybe Jerky Johnny always teases her in the afterworld?
    43f8e0aa-5909-4039-9e20-96f9484eed65_zpsjgggb7bt.png

Cassia finally doing what she never did while she was still alive: the dishes!
    c90cc3e5-8360-4d6c-9e27-52d4fa496d9a_zpsxxzx88re.png

Cassia hitting poor Sugardust.
    85d330ea-5824-4368-8c4e-0f5156a788f7_zpsbcvjbsg8.png

Did you know...
    • that Hailey and her cousin Jermaine have the highest relationship status in the whole family? They are best friends and meet a lot.
    • that i originally planned to write a side story about Savanna and the secret agent at her birthday party? Sadly, i forgot to upload her before she died.
    • that Valentina didn't invent any of the machines used in the story? Because of the short lifespan, she never had time to gather the materials so i used my self-created "Cooper's Science Store" from another save and family with all tested potions and inventions and she just bought them. If you also want to use the shop in your game, just download it. My Origin-ID is Arieleth.
    • that i tried a lot to find an alien to impregnate Valentina? I had to constantly contact aliens to get them to come to my house. That is also the reason Eowyn was born so late.
    • that Valentina actually was in a relationship with Elder? I had sent her over to get rejected, but he was too attracted to her.She asked him to be her boyfriend and than broke up with him so i could get some good "rejection" shots. Boy, he didn't like that!
    • that Bella and Hailey hate each other? They fight a lot autonomously, so i have to be careful to let them even stay in the same room before school or an event where they shouldn't be angry.

Valentina fails at...

Valentina is NOT the "Golden Child". She actually fails at a lot of things a lot of times, while her sisters mostly reacted like i wanted them to. Luckily for her, i like quirky sims the most.

..being good in any jobs she ever had. I never had a sim that progressed that slowly in their career before.
    cd9575c8-1ec0-459f-a7d4-f7f89c64968f_zps69yjguwm.png

...being a good person sometimes. Her trait doesn't hinder her to cause a whole lot of trouble.
    062a8140-5f39-41a3-b822-a96f57c7d150_zpsdvcpzxok.png

...finding nice baby daddies. In this scene, Alexander Goth rejects to feel Valentina's baby belly with his daugther Bella inside.
    87ae3ab2-fee6-49cd-a559-ef40941b2102_zpsmoaikimn.png

..keeping a clean sweep. This was the first time she got rejected without me wanting it.
    Now you're not such a scary maneater anymore, huh?
    a566ab4a-5f51-4e70-976f-ea11d8614882_zpsmpsdckde.png

Bloopers that didn't make it into the story

Sometimes they're not funny enough, sometimes they just didn't fit the theme. Whatever, here you have best of the rest that weren't the best in the category "Meanwhile...":

Savanna: "If you want to be a famous villain, you need a "Llamagram"-account. Seeeeelfiiiie time!"
    4e1c4a2b-f7f8-41cb-b291-b91be910dc8e_zpsjr9nzve5.png

Most. Depressing. Picture. Ever.
    be93237e-dd12-4e32-bbaf-393a79689f9d_zps9m0xwdhh.png

That you're at a bar while you're PREGNANT might be ok, Cleo, but ... did you just order a drink?!
    21e229a1-efcd-4341-af3c-12932376351f_zpspcf6baex.png

Toddlers, anyone?!
    6cf1d117-9efd-4521-b5ab-d7a62cb4f8ed_zpskowngsig.png

Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    lol, wow! That WAS the most depressing pic ever lol. I've never seen that one.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    It's one of the pictures you can paint while sad (obviously). Cleo painted it after Cassia died.
  • Options
    TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    I'm loving this story! I started my challenge in my game. I'm hoping Eowyn is the heir.
    gay is ok kids
  • Options
    Thank you all for voting. There will be an episode today :)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Thank you all for voting. There will be an episode today :)

So close to finding out who the heir is!
  • Options
    Wow that picture is so, so depressing. I feel like I wanna stuff my face with comfort food just looking at it! Love the last picture "Toddlers anyone?" haha cracked me up!
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    @Weathie The picture reminds me of the fairytale "The Little Match Girl" from Hans Christian Andersen. The person on the ground looks like all the warmth (or blood) is slowly pouring out of them and no one cares enough to stop and help.
  • Options
    @Weathie The picture reminds me of the fairytale "The Little Match Girl" from Hans Christian Andersen. The person on the ground looks like all the warmth (or blood) is slowly pouring out of them and no one cares enough to stop and help.

I hate The Little Match Girl! I cried for days when I firs read it as a child.
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

I hate The Little Match Girl! I cried for days when I firs read it as a child.

Me, too. All of his fairytales are somehow depressing.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Bella's Big Day

When Bella woke up, she felt sick. She knew it was a big day, she could feel it in the air. She was more than troubled with the thought that i would maybe announce her as the heir today.
    Bella:"I'm so afraid, Hailey. What am i gonna do if i can't marry Zion? I don't want to uphold this legacy."
    Hailey:"Don't worry, i want to and people know this."
    Hello, Bella and Hailey. Good morning to you both.
    Bella:"You startled me!"Did you come to announce the heir today?"
    12.07.15_11-24_zpsqeshxxgk.png

No, i came for another occasion: Bella's wedding. Because she won't be the heir. She received the least amount of votes.Seems like no one wants to see you unhappy. Congratulations, Bella.
    Bella:"YES YES YES!!! I can't believe it. That's so cool. YOU are all so cool, guys. I can live happily ever after and someone else needs to become your birth machine *muhahahaha*"
    Ehm...ok.
    12.07.15_11-28-2_zpsiul07ljt.png

Bella instantly called Zion and proposed to him and of course he said yes. They both had waited for this day for a long time. Even Valentina could feel true love in the air and decided to spend a lot of money on her first born's wedding party.
    12.07.15_11-45_zpst4d3v4yc.png

She invited all family members still alive (sadly, both of her sisters weren't anymore) and even paid for an entertainer, a caterer and a mixologist. The caterer turned out to be the mysterious Elder Wolff, who had decided to stay a little while in their neighbourhood because he already had paid for the cottage and wasn't one to let the money go to waste.
    12.07.15_22-39_zps6lllokbf.png

But the most amount was spent on the location. A beautiful little white chapel right across the street (the original builder is turcoke). No one in the Turpis family had ever had a proper wedding ceremony, let alone inside such a beautiful building.
    12.07.15_22-41-2_zpsvsror1ss.png

Bella almost started to cry.
    Bella:"That is all for me? I can't believe it. I woke up this morning worried sick and now i'm the happiest person in the world. I think i'll never be able to be as evil as my late aunt Savanna."
    12.07.15_22-42_zps7qpgqr1i.png

While the entertainer played a soft tune on the piano, Bella looked deep into Zion's eyes and knew that they would be together forever. She did not care if they would be poor or rich, ugly or beautiful, famous or irrelevant, all she cared for was being with him.
    12.07.15_22-44_zps4gjnj72b.png

They exchanged their wedding vows and everyone was happy for them. Especially Hailey, who had still a chance at becoming the heir and now wouldn't have to worry about her plan hurting her sister anymore.
    12.07.15_22-47-2_zpsosl3ii4s.png

The wedding seemed to be perfect, but than the Grim Reaper suddenly appeared behing the wedding arch. Everyone was afraid that he would ruin the ceremony by taking one of the guests with him, especially Kassandra, Brock and Jermaine feared him because they had just recently all lost a mother to this strange creature.
    12.07.15_22-54_zpslysnpmyu.png

Luckily, all he wanted was to apologize that all of the ghost family members couldn't make it to the wedding due to them all being out of spirit town to listen to a lecture titled "Reincarnation- Is It Really Worth The Hassle?!" when the invitations arrived. He assured Bella's cousins that both Savanna and Cleo had a great time with partying with Cassia and that they promised to haunt their houses once they were back.
    Grim Reaper:"I hope you're not to sad your grandmother and aunts couldn't make it, Bella."
    Bella:"Oh, don't worry. i didn't really expect them to come. The whole wedding date was set at such short notice!"
    Hailey:"Nom nom... if grandma Cassia would be here, all she'd do is eat up all the food...nom nom. More for us this way!"
    12.07.15_22-55_zpsxq3ghtyo.png

Now they all could celebrate the wedding with much lighter hearts and everyone was invited, even people who just walked down the street. The Turpis clan was nothing if not a very welcoming bunch that liked to share the fun with all around them. Valentina was proud to have organized such a great wedding.
    12.07.15_22-57_zpsmtz5y5yu.png

And when the time for the wedding night came, of course both Zion and Bella agreed to enjoy it in the Love Tent , because that was the place they had first discovered their romantic feelings for one another.
    12.07.15_22-59_zpstiibl3m6.png

Bella's Happy End!

Next time on "How To Lose Your Ugliness in Ten Generations":

Who has won the heir vote?!
    Poll-results_zpshu8i4p9v.png

Meanwhile...

Zion: "Elder Wolff makes the best invisible cake ever!"
    Bella:"Yeah, but you have a pretty hard time finding my mouth this way. Half of the cake is on my nose right now!"
    12.07.15_22-50_zpsytcqewsm.png

• Options
    Aaah who did win? :D You torture us so much...

I freaked out a little when Grim appeared, he looked very solemn under the wedding arch. Should have known that he just wanted to join in on the fun, he loves parties in my game :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Well, i wanted Bella to have her wedding as fast as possible and i think she would have been sad to share the spotlight with the new heir.
  • Options
    AbearsmenAbearsmen Posts: 54 Member
    @marcellala I saw your starter sim for the ugly challenge and instantly went "Oh Dear....." lol
  • Options
    "Reincarnation- Is It Really Worth The Hassle?!" << love this. Can't wait to find out who the heir is! Eek!
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
  • Options
    @JulyaVee I was really surprised she didn't get too many votes... i was expecting you guys to want to see the drama that unfolds if she constantly has to cheat on Zion.. I also planned a "secret engagement behind my back" episode and more star-crossed lovers stuff.
    I like it if the heir has a "thing" that is part of their generation like Cassia's quirkiness or Valentina's overly flirty demeanor.
    In the end you guys chose the one for whom i didn't have any special stories planned lol. But i think i came up with a good solution.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I would still go for Hailey but maybe I am just too much in my comfort zone :D