Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2: Remastered

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says, how would you like a remastered edition of the Sims 2?

With today's graphics (preferably the Sims 4's graphics in my opinion), open world, Create-A-Style, Sims 4's Create-A-Sim and Build Mode, and so on.

Anyway, how would you like a remastered edition of the Sims 2 with all expansions and stuff packs?
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would buy it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    YES please. It's still my favorite. As long as I can rotate among households in Pleasantview, I'd be okay with that.

It would be like another FFX Remastered: An updated version of my favorite thing. ^_^
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    So you want what the sims 5 should be
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    I just want the AI, emotions, memories, mechanics, and detail of the Sims 2 mixed with the worlds and customization of the Sims 3 and the humor and NPCs and darkness of the Sims 1. But yes if the Sims 2 got altered with the Sims 4 engine, it would easily break. I have a feeling the above game suggestions I made won't happen until the Sims 5.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    no. leave the sims 2 alone. after going back to the sims 2 ultimate collection im satisfied with it just as it is. ive now played for a week and im still discovering new things. unless they can get will wright on the development team anything calling itself sims 2 remastered will be a fail.

had i been asked this question BEFORE i went back...maybe. but since ive been playing...my answer is PLUM NO!
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    I've been lurking a lot on tumblr lately & ts2 with the right cc looks gorgeous <3 I may have to start playing it again since we got the full set for free :)

But yes! With your additions it'd be my dream game o:)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    I think Sims 4 is the remastered of Sims 2 because its made by same company OBVIOUSLY
    LOL!!... Just clicking the "lol" wasn't enough for me.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Some games shouldn't be remastered.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited April 2015
    for me anything with a updated graphics, also being 64 bits and with good programming codes(less bugs) open world and cast i will happy accept
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Take the gameplay of The Sims 2, with the visuals of Sims 4, the creepiness of The Sims 1 and then the open world of The Sims 3 would make a perfect game :)
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    nope.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited April 2015
    No to open world. I would want sims 4 styled worlds.

I want:

Sims 1 humor
    sims 2 gameplay
    sims 3: Story progression (improved though) along with it's creativity (minus the bugs) I also would love a non laggy version of cast
    sims 4's customization with pull drag, and also it's graphics.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    LOL please no. I already have the Sims 2. If I wanted to play that game, I'd go dig the dusty CDs out of the mess that is my basement and load it up. I like that it's not the same game with prettier graphics.
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    No thanks. The Sims 2 was magic. Leave it as is, and in the past. I'd much rather they focus on the future.

TS2 should inform and inspire new generations. It shouldn't be pulled apart, dragged back out and made into some Frankenstein's Monster of a game.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    nope.

You wouldn't like a remade version of ts2?
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I wanted this when Sims 3 came out. :)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat. All this "change for the sake of change" talk doesn't apply to me. I'd much rather play a fun remake of TS2 than any of the new formula versions - in fact, I'd rather play TS2 itself than any of the new formula versions - so put me down in the yes category.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They already did remaster TS2. It is called The Sims 3 and came out on 2009.

I mean, it has what the TS2 base game had but more. You had your toddlers, teens with their own height and then they added cars in the base rather than just car pools and something called Open World.

You should check it out, it has charm!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    That's what I expected TS4 to be before we knew anything about it.
    Hoping we get that for TS5.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I'm not sure I would want a Sims 2: Remastered Edition, honestly. What I think they should do is completely start over with the franchise using Sims 2 as the base. Which would include having the entire team re-play Sims 2 like a normal player for a month so they can see what we all love about it.

It could still use improvements, like being able to build a garage on a house with a foundation and being able to do split leveling easier without cheats, but if they started with that base then it would be a fantastic game.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I would love them all- The Sims/2/3 all rolled into one Awesome game. I miss things from The Sims, too. Things they never brought back to any of the games.