Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2: Remastered

Comments

• SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I would love them all- The Sims/2/3 all rolled into one Awesome game. I miss things from The Sims, too. Things they never brought back to any of the games.

I would give anything for the wandering saxophone players and cool psychic NPCs from TS1 to make their game return. They were my favorite.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    They already did remaster TS2. It is called The Sims 3 and came out on 2009.

I mean, it has what the TS2 base game had but more. You had your toddlers, teens with their own height and then they added cars in the base rather than just car pools and something called Open World.

You should check it out, it has charm!
    Not quite.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I wouldn't want it remastered or change too much in the visuals department. The CC we have for it would likely become obsolete. And who knows how many creators would jump on board for it vs the old style.

However, that doesn't mean that they can't fiddle with the graphics to allow for newer cards to have high shadows without black rectangles appearing under their feet.

Or bugs worked out, especially the neighborhood and game breaking bugs.

These were honestly things I was hoping they would have fixed when they released the Ultimate Collection. I figured that's why it was out so much later after they finished the game as opposed to their release of the Sims 1 Complete Collection. And another reason why it was offered for free, because it was essentially just a big patch for the game, that was easier to release this way than through a standalone patch.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    meggiewes wrote: »
    I'm not sure I would want a Sims 2: Remastered Edition, honestly. What I think they should do is completely start over with the franchise using Sims 2 as the base. Which would include having the entire team re-play Sims 2 like a normal player for a month so they can see what we all love about it.

It could still use improvements, like being able to build a garage on a house with a foundation and being able to do split leveling easier without cheats, but if they started with that base then it would be a fantastic game.

They need more than a month to play it. There's so much to the game that it would take at least 3-4 months. They need to play long enough to risk at least some of them hitting major glitches. So they can learn from Sims 2's mistakes as well as its successes.
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    it was only a matter of time before threads like this made its way into the POSITIVE sims 2 forums. keep this mess up there in the sims 4 forums. i said no there and i will repeat it here. no! do not want! the sims 2 is fine just the way it is. it cannot be replicated or duplicated. that FACT has been proven by sims 3 AND sims 4.

there is no argument. THE SIMS 2 STANDS ALONE AS THE BEST. AS IS!
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Let's face it, if they remade The Sims 2 with more content, better graphics and more customisations, it truly would be the perfect The Sims game.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited April 2015
    As the title says, how would you like a remastered edition of the Sims 2?

With today's graphics (preferably the Sims 4's graphics in my opinion), open world, Create-A-Style, Sims 4's Create-A-Sim and Build Mode, and so on.

Anyway, how would you like a remastered edition of the Sims 2 with all expansions and stuff packs?

I would eat my own hair for this to happen. I'm surprised you didn't ask for Justine Keaton to return :o
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    A modern version of sims 1 would also be great.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    I think Sims 4 is the remastered of Sims 2 because its made by same company OBVIOUSLY
    Lol what a laugh the sims 4 is not a remastered sims 2 and the same company did not make both.. have you nor played sins 2 obviously not I'd you think that sims,4 is remastered sims 2
    What a laugh..
    No thanks. The Sims 2 was magic. Leave it as is, and in the past. I'd much rather they focus on the future.

TS2 should inform and inspire new generations. It shouldn't be pulled apart, dragged back out and made into some Frankenstein's Monster of a game.
    I'm sure that's not what he meant by remastered I'm thinking better graphics and better looking sims with added touches and new content
  • KarenKaren Posts: 29 Member
    I was thinking of buying TS2...but Im so used to TS3 that im used to those kind of graphics, so is it worth buying in 2015? I know its considered one of the best PC games of all time, but I want to know what you guys think :)
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Karen wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying TS2...but Im so used to TS3 that im used to those kind of graphics, so is it worth buying in 2015? I know its considered one of the best PC games of all time, but I want to know what you guys think :)

I actually like the graphics of Sims 2 so much more than how Sims 3 looks. Yes, there are less hair colors and eye colors and skin colors, but the Sim detail is wonderful.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    meggiewes wrote: »

I actually like the graphics of Sims 2 so much more than how Sims 3 looks. Yes, there are less hair colors and eye colors and skin colors, but the Sim detail is wonderful.

Me too :). I got spoiled with the detail of everything in TS2. TS3 was alright looking (especially the vista views), TSM was really good (great looking sims), TS4 is the worst since TS1 imo, but TS2 always had that good visual balance that appeals to my aesthetic.
  • SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    no. leave the sims 2 alone. after going back to the sims 2 ultimate collection im satisfied with it just as it is. ive now played for a week and im still discovering new things. unless they can get will wright on the development team anything calling itself sims 2 remastered will be a fail.

had i been asked this question BEFORE i went back...maybe. but since ive been playing...my answer is PLUM NO!

I totally read this in the "Leave Britney alone" guy's voice :D
    aa17fa0234d24627_tumblr_lm74n07Sng1qdhmifo1_500.xxxlarge.gif

You should def buy sims 2 best game ever you won't be disappointed I've played them all and sims 2 is the very best and it still puts sims4 to shame
  • DYWBeeDYWBee Posts: 34 Member
    Essentially I want Sims 2 gameplay and sims personalities to stay the same. Sims 3 open world and colour wheel and build mode, and I like Sims 4 CAS but I don't like how cartoonish the sims look..
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    As the title says, how would you like a remastered edition of the Sims 2?

With today's graphics (preferably the Sims 4's graphics in my opinion), open world, Create-A-Style, Sims 4's Create-A-Sim and Build Mode, and so on.

Anyway, how would you like a remastered edition of the Sims 2 with all expansions and stuff packs?

If they leave story progression out, then your suggestion sounds good to me!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Some games shouldn't be remastered.

*cough* Tomb Raider I *cough*

Unless the old game was a bugfest before why not? But I love TS2 dearly still for the way it is so nope!
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    open world would be deal breaker for me.
  • NeykoNeyko Posts: 49 Member
    I really like this idea... I would definitely buy it as long as the only thing they changed is the graphics.
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    I wouldnt mind it... just keep the sims 3 potatoes and the sims 4 legos & bipolar mood swings.
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    Nope, Sims 2 was (and is!) a great game just the way it is. And if you added open world, new graphics, story progression, and other things wouldn't it just be a different Sims game then and not TS2 anymore? I think a (permanent) re-release would better, personally.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • GulapaGulapa Posts: 9 New Member
    Honestly, the Sims 2 is awesome the way it is, but, the only thing I would want improved is the graphics and adding CAST.
  • GulapaGulapa Posts: 9 New Member
    Oh and also improving the buy mode because I hate the fact that you can't move furniture, decor, etc in perfect places and all.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Gulapa wrote: »
    Oh and also improving the buy mode because I hate the fact that you can't move furniture, decor, etc in perfect places and all.
    Yes you can, just type boolprop snapobjectstogrid off in the cheat bar and there you go.
    oh3cjs.jpg