Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest, WHICH SIMS GAME IS THE WORST?

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Sims 4... I don't think I need to explain my answer.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Well...

The Sims was new and exciting. It was like nothing that had been done before. So in many ways, it's the best.
    But,TS2 was better. It was an improvement on the original, which is what makes it better.
    TS3 was better than TS2 in many ways, but it was released too soon, before they'd fixed all the problems, which is what makes it not as good as the previous versions.
    I've not yet played TS4, but from what I've seen, it doesn't excite me the way the others did. It doesn't make me want to play it.

Over all, I'd have to say TS4 is the worst, because it isn't a new shiny thing that I must have. I was playing each of the others within the first 6 months of them being out. This one, I didn't get until late last year, and I haven't yet installed.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    The sims freeplay.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Sims 4 game play wise. Sims 1 graphics wise. But it was the first and so very innovative so I give it the ultimate pass. Sims 4 has no excuse for being what it is.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Sims 4, but if this changes in the future (which I seriously hope it does) I'm all for changing my vote.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Um, The Sims 3.

tumblr_nsu2m4hIqh1spws8to1_400.gif
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    The Sims 4. Just because they took out a bunch of stuff just to make the game run smoother. As a development team, they should have been more focused on making the game run smoother AND keeping all of the things that are part of the game. There are no words for the disappointment I feel over The Sims 4.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The Sims 3. It's a buggy mess, and when I installed it on my new gaming rig I got bored with it after six hours.

Well, you wanted the truth. o:)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sims 4. I didn't even use up my trial time. It was the first sims game where I wasn't obsessed with to the point of nearly neglecting to eat or do anything that would require leaving the computer for 5 minutes. That says everything.

Sure it runs better than sims 3, that's because there's nothing for it to actually figure out how to run. It's so boring, there shouldn't be any issue.

But oh wait, I'm starting to see the glitches. People complaining about missing saves, game crashes, I'm even seeing people with games where the sims are all blocky and blurry because they won't load. I'm not sure it'll be much better than sims 3 in the end in that aspect, at least sims 3 there's stuff to do once you get through the glitches.

And sims 2 was amazing of course. Awful graphics but... good for it's time, so it gets a pass on that.

Sims 1 would be awful and boring by today's standards... it kind of makes me thing of sims 4... but again it was good for it's time. So it gets a pass. In it's time it was the best game out there.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Sims Online. It was, even for its era, horrible.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Okay, votes by game up to my post:

TS1-
    TS2- 3
    TS3- 21
    TS4- 42
    Online- 2
    Freeplay- 5
    Other- 1
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    The Sims 3, was just 'meh' in everything.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    TS3 for me. The worlds are beautiful but everything else was pretty lackluster for me. Plus it was buggy and laggy even on my top notch computer.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The Sims 4.

The Sims 3 had issues, but with those issues it brought a slew of large new features that were quite an improvement over the previous titles. The Sims 4, on the other hands, has major issues, but brought nothing significant to the table to justify purchasing it. On top of that, some of the issues with The Sims 4 aren't even likely fixable, and even if they were... You still have a mediocre product that does very little to set itself apart from the previous title.

With a series like The Sims, where you're going to be spending a lot of money on EPs and such with each installment, a mistake like this is a complete and total dealbreaker. I've already spent so much money on The Sims 3, and to be blunt, The Sims 3 as I have it is a much better product, and that can't even be changed since TS4's base-game added so little of anything new (would love the additions to the CAS, but that's it). Better luck with The Sims 5, EA.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    The Sims 3, but I don't think it's a bad game at all. I do like the game quite a bit, but I just don't enjoy it as much as the others (well, minus one because I didn't play much of one). It ran pretty horribly at times, and I can be a real snob if a game runs poorly at all. I also didn't like the look of most of the Sims in the game. Sure, I've seen some great, stand-out user-made creations, but most of the time, the Sims looked a bit similar in the face (I've seen people refer to it as "pudding face").

But again, I still think it's a great game. I just like the others more.
  • Options
    OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    Sims 3 bugged my computer. I had to reboot several times and even get a new PC. It ate my RAM.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    The Sims 3.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited February 2016
    I think I prefer sims 2 and sims 4 so...sims 3 s WORSET xD (even through I find a Albert Wesker sim mod from Resident Evil :D )
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    LucidityLucidity Posts: 52 Member
    Sims 3. I'm one of those rare people that absolutely loves the Sims 4, probably for the CAS tools aspect. As for Sims 3, it was extremely laggy and buggy, yet the graphics were beautiful (if you ran it on a high-end gaming monster machine).
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have no issues with Sims 3 at all - once i got rid of EA's version of Bridgeport and the IP world and put fixed versions in their place. I also use no mods or CC in Sims 3 and it plays perfectly.

Sims 2 has always been trouble free out side of the securom issues and of course the combined version that EA gave us - eradicated that issue as it has fixed DRM so the old problem no longer exists. It plays perfectly.

Sims 1 has been so long since I played it - but as far as i recall my only issues with the game besides Sims never getting a day of from work or school was that time ran too fast in that game and the fact baby were object and poofed into a child age child. I was truly disturbed by all that so I could never play families in Sims 1. When sims 2 game out with all the family in tact and no object baby, well I immediately went to playing Sims 2 and never looked back. In fact I gave every last one of my sims 1 games and eps to my Godson and never cared to go back to Sims 1.

So naturally with Sims 4 being the same disturbing view of babies and kids I do not like it and will never like it no matter what else they offer for it - as I am fully a family player with Sims 2 and then Sims 3 also well I could never go backwards to Sims 1 and to me playing Sims 4 is the same as going back to Sims 1. It is annoying the family gets no respect on a game meant in part to be able to recreate ones own family and play a game as if your life had alternate directions. After all that was Will Wrights idea he said when they were planning Sims 2 - was so we could create our own real family and challenge everything.

So by all rights I should say Sims 1 was the worse - but where it was new and all that, was forgivable seeing Will Wright oversaw rectifying all that and acknowledged our dismay with sims not growing up and object babies. BUT THIS! There is NO forgiveness for this, and them backtracking like they have done back to the worse part of what was Sims 1 - here we are 16 years later. So Sims 4 - besides the fact it looks like a Pixar cartoon, the state of the Sims with object babies that poof into a ten year old child and teens indistinguishable from YA's or ADults are nothing short of a disgrace.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    The sims 1 base game is so limited it makes the sims 4 look okay, I think it's nostalgia that makes people like it so much
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
  • Options
    SujabesSujabes Posts: 224 Member
    Sims 4.
    AdhggAl.jpg

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I have actually recently taken a break from Sims 4 but hands down Online was by far the worst!
    TS2 is my all time favorite and always will be. I always have endless chuckles with the sims reactions. Not to mention many mods for TS2 that, were a lot of fun.
    TS4 is ok but lacking in the building department. I can deal without the toddlers and the TS4 retail stores are a little easier except the lazy employees.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    before I played sims2 I thought it is just preference or just older games issue. but after trying ts2. ts3 is a huge downgrade and backdrop from sims seriese. Animation backward. sims backward. graphic backward. And more than that gameplay is boring and shallow. It is only fun only that time that new town animation show when I first open new worlds but as soon as I see sims move... sighs .. Prolly when I play it as a simcity or cities skyline.. it might be ok though.