Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest, WHICH SIMS GAME IS THE WORST?

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited August 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Sims 3.
    - I still don't think it fits stylistically with the others
    - Ol' pudding face
    - I can only play about 1 sim day at a time without getting bored
    - I can't happily play more than 1 family because I'd like them to know each other, but that's not doable because their lives go on when you're with a different household which is no good for me as I need to control their every move.
    - People say there's so much to do in 3 but I just don't see it - I run out of things for them to do in minutes
    - Apart from hidden springs all the worlds are flat, boring and quite depressing to look at.

Thought I'd add this:
    So far I've played sims 4 for 494 hours and I haven't really started as I'm waiting for pets and seasons.
    By comparison I'm basically done with the sims 3 (and the £400 pounds I spent on it :s ) which I've only played for 28 hours.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DelsabreDelsabre Posts: 137 Member
    But for people who likes build houses and decorate them i recommend TS4 :)

amber necklace

What? Sims 4 is terrible for those who likes to build houses and decorate them. O_o

These are some of the most popular video games of the year 2000, with only the first one not being released that year (it was released in 2008, but maintained a very popular online presence for at least a decade):

Starcraft Remastered has arrived!

https://compete.kotaku.com/blizzard-shows-off-starcraft-remastered-with-biggest-n-1797374740

https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessExpensiveCoyoteBloodTrail
  • dewmongodewmongo Posts: 6 New Member
    4..even though im playing it right now
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited August 2017
    I agree with @kamylasg. Personally I think sims 3 is because of the constant glitches and game corruption. I haven't really experience any bad glitches in sims 4.

*Expect someone to come along and judge me for my opinion.* Oh Lordy.
    2vc864m.jpg

• FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    In the end it is just:

Worst: Your least favorite sims game

So I will say Sims 3 (even though I like it)
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    None. All have pro's and cons.

But my ranking is from favourite to least favourite.
    1. TS4
    2. TS2
    3. TS3

I never played TS1.
  • ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    TS2 and TS4 are both pretty suckish to me, for different reasons.
  • deerplaysthesimsdeerplaysthesims Posts: 24 New Member
    The Sims 4. Mainly because it's not open world. I got use to the open world in The Sims 3.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited August 2017
    Going to have to say The Sims 4. The amount of content is seriously lacking for the price compared to The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    I think that the 4th one. I love it and play it, but if I have to choose the worst, this one is the worst.
    I've noticed that this part has the biggest number of all the things that make me feel annoyed in it.
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I'm back again, but now I'd still say the Sims 4 is the worst of them in my opinion.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • grahaash000grahaash000 Posts: 5 New Member
    Let's see some pros and cons for TS3&4... (I've never been able to get my hands on TS1&2 :neutral: )

TS3: Pros
    -More interactions
    -CAW was/is awesome.
    -The design tool was a plus
    -No loading screen to visit your next door neighbor!!!
    -Expansions are cheaper now that it is an outdated game, they're only $20.00!
    -EYELASHES!! Sims had real eyelashes and not just accessory lashes!
    -You could view the whole town.
    -CARS, BOATS, BIKES, HORSES for transportation!
    -I liked the textured hair types those sims had and not this clay look current sims have.
    -Ownership of multiple lots/resorts (If you have the Island Paradise EP, you have resorts)
    -Multiple new life forms such as fairy, werewolf, vampire, witch, genie, MERMAID, if you had the right packs installed.
    -TS3 Pets has horses and unicorns, but TS4 Pets won't. :(
    -Toddlers were there right-off-the-bat. It didn't take multiple years to add them.
    -I think the collection system was better. You could even have a collection helper if you earned/cheated enough points.
    -YOU COULD ACTUALLY SWIM IN OCEANS!
    -Terrain sculpting.
    -You could add in your own lots.

TS3: CONS
    -Bad CAS. Options were much more limited; there were sliders for everything.
    -Buggy, my game would freeze constantly if I enabled 3 or more expansions at once. (Well, I didn't exactly have a gaming computer soo...) Also, it crashed much more than TS4, but even TS4 would crash on me once in a blue moon.
    -Loading times were dreadful. It took much longer to get the game up and going, but then you had another loading screen to get into your world.
    -Graphics weren't great.. But I don't think they were TERRIBLE..
    -Going back to the first point, Sims didn't look old enough in my opinion. They looked as though they were a 15 year olds.

TS4: Pros
    -Great graphics!
    -Less loading time.
    -INCREDIBLE CAS!!!!! You can actually drag facial/body features.
    -Sims look their age.
    -Lots of stuff packs, but this can viewed as either a pro or a con depending on the person. I view it as a con mostly.
    -Doesn't have as many bugs.
    -More cheat codes >:)

TS4: CONS
    -Less interactions. I think the gameplay sucks because it gets rather boring quickly.
    -No cars, boats, bikes, witch brooms, etc. Just a crap ton of loading screens.
    -A smaller map.
    -More expensive.
    -Players can no longer make their own creative styles. You have to use game-made patterns/colors, or use cc.
    -No town view. Only a view of your neighborhood.
    -Ownership of only one lot.
    -Took way too long to add toddlers.
    -Only pools for swimming.
    -EA isn't releasing any highly demanded EP's other than Pets. We've only gotten crap content in my opinion.

So overall, I think a baby between TS3&4 would be perfect. Sims 3 gameplay with Sims 4 CAS, graphics, and loading time. This is just my opinion! But if I had to choose one... TS3 would be my winner.
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Ugh sims 3 and 2 is the all time best.
    When i look at 4 its very boring and screams "im hungry for freakin money"and sims 1 was extremely fun as a kid but when i look back at sims 1 its boring and your stuck in a house with outdated graphics and robotic features.I dont have sims 3,should i buy it i saw it at my cousins and i got obbsessed with create a world?
  • MarsuuusMarsuuus Posts: 20 New Member
    Sims 1
  • AnjaSAnjaS Posts: 15 Member
    I'd have to say The Sims 3 was the worst imo, even though we had a lot of more stuff to play with than in Sims 4. But why I really don't like to go back to this game is that it was just poorly designed in terms of bugs and many problems you'd encounter while playing. Also I really hated how the sims themselves looked, all of their faces looked pretty much the same, no matter how much you'd try to change their appearance.
    No loading screens was a plus, sure, but I remember that most of the textures would still need a couple of seconds to load, whenever you changed the location or whatever.
    I have to say though that the gameplay in general was much more engaging and interesting than we have in Sims 4, for example, which is a huge shame.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi from 2019! To be completely honest, and after 4 entire years of content, The Sims 4 still the absolutely worst game in the history of the franchise.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I loved it when I was able to play it, but to me, 3.
    It always crashed.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    The Sims 4. It will never be as good as the other three!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The sims 4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 3 crashed a lot but it was still better than Sims 4.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Sims 4 is the best build mode and graphics hands down. Worst in pretty much everything else...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited October 2019
    Honestly I like1 2 and 3 equally less than 4.

4 is my Fav (I play mostly vanilla live mode with large families) but I don't know if I could pick a least Fav between the other 3.

All of them have aspects I enjoyed but I got bored of all of them a lot quicker than 4.
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    The Sims 3 would have been my favorite had it worked as intended. (they were way too ambitious with what they thought they could realistically do imo)
    The Sims 1 was what got me hooked.
    The Sims 2 was such a quantum leap over the Sims that I never really looked back
    That leaves the Sims 4 by default as my least favorite of the series, by a small margin over TS3.

I like all of them...but couldn't see myself actually investing time in the older ones...
    They actually fixed a lot of the things that were a constant frustration for me in the older versions, especially where it comes to routing and AI.