Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest, WHICH SIMS GAME IS THE WORST?

Comments

• Options
    Guaranna1994Guaranna1994 Posts: 1 New Member
    I played all of them, but for me the best TS2, just because it was so different from TS1 and new, so its so nostalgic, and the worst probably TS3, because people looks so unrealistic and its just harder for me to play. But for people who likes build houses and decorate them i recommend TS4 :)

<a href="http://www.babyamberteething.co.uk/amber-teething-necklace/">amber necklace</a>
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Never played the original, so no comment there.

The Sims 2 was good in its time period, but I for the life of me couldn't keep a Sim alive for more than a week in game. Careers and job hunting were also a pain in the rear. I only played it a handful of times at a friend's house, so I never really got to know it as in-depth as I have 3 & 4. Maybe more practice would've helped.

The Sims 3 was also good, but it was so glitchy and ate up a TON of space on my computer. By the time Into the Future came out, I was running tons of mods just to keep the game chugging along at a reasonable pace. I suppose some of the problems were probably related to me literally never deleting old game files, but you live and you learn.

The Sims 4, for me, has caused the fewest issues with glitches and storage-wise, though I will concede some of the features from TS3 that I miss (open world especially) would've been nice.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2017
    My least favourite sims game is Sims 2.But this doesnt mean that Sims 2 is the worst Sims game ever.Yeah it has a pretty diffucult gameplay.Needs decay very fast.Sims can die pretty easily.And it's objects and cas stuff is pretty old(Because of this ı had to install lots of mod)
    But it's gameplay is much more larger than Sims 3 or Sims 4.İt's expensitions have lots of new things to play.But still ı dont like Sims 2.For me it is boring and ı can't play it more than 1 hour.
    But Sims 3 has a different atmosphere.I mean it is playable,enjoyable and it is pretty realistic.Despite Sims 2's cas screen,Sims 3's has lots of new things that you can do.But for me Sims 3's best feature is it's gameplay.I mean ı have played Sims 3 more than 3 hours just in a day.But it's biggest problem is it has lots of bugs.I mean it can crash without a reason.You can get unreasonable bugs even though you has a good system that you can run it.
    Sims 4 is a nice game.İt's CAS is the best cas ever in sims games.İt has nice furniture.And playing with sims's emotions is pretty good.I mean it would have been be a nice game if EA hadnt been such a money eater company.They are releasing stuff packs every month.For me it is pretty annoying because those packs are not worth to money you have paid.
    In summary Sims 4 is the weakest game in Sims history.İt has been 3 years since the game was released.But did we get anything that please us ? For me no.
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I'm torn between Sims 3 Pets (the dogs and cats are kinda annoying, and it's too emotional when the pet dies. I like the objects they added into the game though) or Sims 3 Showtime (I like the premise, though the Singer career glitched if I added anyone to the home.)
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > Sims 3 was the worst. For technology of the day, it ran badly. Things were never fixed overall. And on top of that, it had the ugliest sims of all the games.

This is a pretty much how I feel.

On a more personal side I think the Sims 3 has been the biggest disappointment. TS3 had the worst looking sims and I felt like it was impossible to make a interesting female sim so I only made males on it. Eventually my neighbourhoods became semi death zones because I only played males thus no more children from my side at least. Females literally disappeared from existence as all children that my sims had even ended up being male by pure random chance. Which I was happy about but yeah.
    Ts3 looks pretty ugly in general. I'm not fond of it at all, its a laggy mess and theres a horrible papery visual vibe throughout.
    On the other hand I did sincerely appreciate things like Create a Style, open world didn't really feel worth it considering what they managed to achieve. But Open world was a good idea, additionally I liked most of the packs for Sims 3, in fact the game felt enjoyable with them! But overall TS3 feels disappointing.

I think TS2/4 are tied for genuine best. TS4 feels like a real improvement in the series (with the updates) and it may not be open world but at least its not gross looking visually, its just feels like an enhanced TS2. I openly think TS4 has the worst style in the series but with at its core its probably one of the better ones. I just wish they'd introduce a TS1 style neighbourhood system so that there's more space. EP wise TS4 is the most disappointing simply because the themes have been muddied by trying to be so modern and hip.

So the biggest disappointments overall are probably TS3/4. TS3 because well... It was TS3. TS4 just has a bad style but its not bad for what it actually is.

Just how I feel, if it was my choice I'd plaster TS1's style everywhere as that one felt fantastic style wise. TS2 definitely had the lead in being the best overall.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    Without a doubt The Sims 4 in terms of worst for me. But it's still somewhat playable & tolerable so I don't give it too much rubbish.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Sims Online no question about it. Horrible game.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    No question about it - Sims 4.

Sims 2 was the best selling game of all time - not just the best selling Sims game -but the best selling game ever - so it behooves me why the things that made the sims2 the best selling game was the family done so well from family trees including birth, every stage in between right through death and the open venues where sims shopped for food, for clothing, and ate out at restaurants just like real people in real life do - were blatantly omitted in Sims 4 - as if they wanted to sabotage this game or something knowing full well the things that made Sims 2 the best selling game of all time - makes absolutely no sense to me - i don't care what vision they had for this game they had a formula that worked and totally wrote it off and cast it to the wind....

I 100% agree. I am literally installing TS2 today as we speak lol. I've been playing TS3 for weeks now but have gotten the open for business bug so back to the past I go!
  • Options
    lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I have to reluctantly say TS4...TS3 was bad for me until I got a gaming computer- then it was freaking fantastic, and the level of detail when you can play the game with max graphics settings is out of this world.

I can't wait to get a gaming computer. I built my own in the Walmart website and it actually doesn't cost that much so I'm saving up for black Friday. Hopefully by then it'll be even cheaper. But I can totally imagine how great the effects and details must be, can't wait!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Sims4 without a doubt. Won't list reasons because that has been so ably done already by so many. It's a good thing for Maxis/EA that this game is not a tactile product like a car/child car seat/crib/food item. If it was there would be recalls, howling outrage from consumer groups - maybe even Ralph Nader, and a good chance of government intervention. I put 3 a close second - sims all look alike and not all that great to begin with, bug city, and any game that tells you to remove modules upon launch has serious issues. My favorite, hands down & no questions asked is Sims2. It runs fine on old machines or new, ideal for rotational play, screenshots are household based, quality and quantity of sim interactions too numerous to mention, and so many other things that to list them all would likely make forums history for the longest post. Perfect? No. Made by imperfect humans. But it's a huge advance over what came before and sets the bar for our expectations.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    The Sims 4. The base game should've included basic features like rain, cats and dogs. I can't believe they're still markering them as EP features. And compared to other games released in 2014, The Sims 4 looks very primitive in comparison. Followed by The Sims 1 which was also very primitive compared to other games released in the early 2000's (most were already released in full 3D). The Sims 2 & 3 introduced features that were new and fresh (if your PC was not able to run them properly it wasn't EA's fault).
  • Options
    tiamiatiamia Posts: 63 Member
    IMO, The Sims 3. Its poorly optimized, so on graphics higher than medium, it begins to struggle, and in my honest opinion, the sims in that game looked...yikes. Even with a mountain of CC, I still can't make a sim that looks passable. Great gameplay though, I never find myself running out of things to do, but the meh-looking sims just ruin the experience for me.
    tumblr_n3rku5LZwi1r7y61oo1_500.gif
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    The sims freeplay.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited June 2017
    Sims 1 and 2 and freeplay. Sims 4 is the best.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited June 2017
    Sims Freeplay.

Sims 4, while it has been bad by comparison to the rest of the main series, has also managed to to achieve some things I had thought impossible for EA. Even if the gameplay is lacking, it shows several increases in technical skill that will benefit the series in the long run.
    DyingLight wrote: »
    Followed by The Sims 1 which was also very primitive compared to other games released in the early 2000's (most were already released in full 3D).

You are off by about a decade. The first full-3D video games didn't even show up until 2005, and even then they were rare due to technological limits of the time. Most games of the 2000s were pure 2D, with the first 3D games being 2D-3D hybrids. Even then, you don't actually start seeing the majority of games being true-3D until the 2010s, with even a lot of MMOs prior to that being 2D-3D hybrids. If you want to see examples of this, check out the Blood Elf starter zone in WoW, which due to a lack of revamp still shows off a lot of the tricks developers used to pull with 2D objects to fake 3D.

These are some of the most popular video games of the year 2000, with only the first one not being released that year (it was released in 2008, but maintained a very popular online presence for at least a decade):

26026-starcraft-windows-screenshot-when-mission-requires-even-flying.gif
    DiabloIIDemo.jpg
    359524-bgs2_020.jpg

In order, those games are StarCraft (released in 1998), Diablo 2 (released in 2000), and Baldur's Gate 2 (released in 2000).

Sims 1 was not a technological innovation, but it also wasn't atypical of the period.

Ironically, Sims 2 is also pretty typical of post-2015 video game development (as are the three games I posted images of). This is from Torment: Tides of Numenera, which was released this year:

20170218200323_1-100710637-orig.jpg

Edit: Original final pic removed after I stopped and looked it over. I hadn't noticed what the text said in the pic when I originally posted it >.<
    Post edited by TanyaRubirose on
  • Options
    VapeMaster420x69VapeMaster420x69 Posts: 13 New Member
    the sims 4 duh
  • Options
    EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    sims 4.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    If we are being entirely honest, every answer will boil down to the following --

The best: My favorite Sims game
    The worst: Your favorite Sims game
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    The Sims 4, hands down. The Sims 4 now is less ambitious than The Sims 1 was nearly 18 years ago.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    Tarzan0401Tarzan0401 Posts: 24 New Member
    The sims free play is the worst, followed by the sims 3. The sims freeplay is a lazy mess that is just a terrible ripoff. The sims take unrealistically long amounts of time to do things, and the animations are just terrible. The sims hang their arms too far from their bodies and never do anything on their own. The sims 3 is terrible too. The gameplay seems very interesting at first glance, but it is very poorly made and oversimplified- the trait system relies on shallow stereotypes and pretty much functions as a binary on/off. The sims look like over-inflated robotic dolls, and the game runs way too slow to enjoy. The sims 4 is the third worst. All the sims act the same regardless of traits- mean sims are extremely friendly, loners hang out with lots of people, lazy sims work out at the gym, slobs always clean up house. The emotions system is also half-baked, the game is badly programmed, and there is a loading screen to visit your next door neighbor! The Sims Medieval, The Sims 2, and The Sims were very good games
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited July 2017
    While I do enjoy both the Sims 3 and the Sims 4, since those are the only two Sims games I played, I have to say the Sims 4. Sure, the Sims 3 was difficult to run, but at least there were things to do. I'd rather research fixes for a game than be bored of a game, honestly.

The Sims 4 has no laptops. ( Being admittedly picky here )
    No Skill Challenges.
    No electric guitars. ( Being admittedly picky here )
    It's too easy to keep your Sim(s) happy.
    No bands.
    Not a lot of reason to use formal wear.
    No fear system.
    A lack of actual danger and drawback. The lack of burglars, for example.
    No police.
    Lack of vacation spots.
    Lack of places to explore.
    Traits don't matter, emotions do.
    Attraction boils down to when you're Sim is Flirty, whomever is the closest Sim is attractive.
    Lack of randomity.
    Lack of a color wheel which hinders customization.
    Lack of substance to the Sims. With only being able to assign 3 traits and said traits not really mattering, they have no personality. Every Sim, on the inside, is the same.

All I can think of so far. And I'm excluding Pets, Seasons, etc because those aren't base game items. I also exclude bugs because I don't experience those often. I either don't notice or just don't care.

I do like the Sims 4, ( easier to run, the Sims and the game look beautiful, if somewhat cartoonish, etc ) but I can agree it needs a lot of work.

EDIT: Upon thinking about it, if you take their slogan "Weirder Stories" and apply it to the current state of the Sims 4, it's not true at all.

One of the most unusual things that happened to me was in the Sims 3. My Sim was living in Bridgeport. In his previous town, he had a few lovers, but never committed to them. To my surprise, said lovers got pregnant and his kids were showing up in the city, fully grown.

I decided to make my Sim not be aware his kids were in the city ( which would be realistic, just because the player knows something doesn't mean the Sim knows, obviously ) and wait until he ran into them.

About half of his kids randomly died. Two were electrocuted. One of the weirdest experiences I've had in the Sims. I have no stories that even come close to that in the Sims 4 that I did NOT intend to start. In the Sims 4, I did have some weird things happen to me, but I INTENDED for those to happen. The Sims 3 story?

Nope.

• Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    For me personally, after being so hyped up to TS4's release, TS4 was an unfinished disappointment, which took one step forwards and two steps back from the legacy that TS3 left behind.

There were PLENTY of things wrong with TS3, but it was still fun (despite being a glitchy mess) however TS4 lacked in content for nearly 2 years, and even now the base game of TS4 is NOWHERE NEAR as fleshed out as the base game of TS3 was ON RELEASE!

I only played TS1 at a very young age (I was around 5 or 6) so I can't remember much, though I DO remember loving Makin' Magic's content a TON! TS2 was also very fun as a kid, though I struggle to play it now, since TS3 is just a open world version of TS2! xD However, TS3 and TS4 are so different that I can barely see it as a "natural" evolution tbh! Therefore, despite me thinking TS4 is the weakest of the series, I still flip-flop between the two (mainly because TS4's CAS is awesome, and I love it's art style). ;)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Sims 3.
    - I still don't think it fits stylistically with the others
    - Ol' pudding face
    - I can only play about 1 sim day at a time without getting bored
    - I can't happily play more than 1 family because I'd like them to know each other, but that's not doable because their lives go on when you're with a different household which is no good for me as I need to control their every move.
    - People say there's so much to do in 3 but I just don't see it - I run out of things for them to do in minutes
    - Apart from hidden springs all the worlds are flat, boring and quite depressing to look at.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Sims 3.
    - I still don't think it fits stylistically with the others
    - Ol' pudding face
    - I can only play about 1 sim day at a time without getting bored
    - I can't happily play more than 1 family because I'd like them to know each other, but that's not doable because their lives go on when you're with a different household which is no good for me as I need to control their every move.
    - People say there's so much to do in 3 but I just don't see it - I run out of things for them to do in minutes
    - Apart from hidden springs all the worlds are flat, boring and quite depressing to look at.

I agree with all of your points. In my opinion, the sims 4 is definitely the better game. Sims 3 graphics are horrible and depressing and the gameplay isnt much better , because the sims are doughy and flat .
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Best to worse IMO
    1 TS3
    2 TS2
    3 TS4
    4 TS