Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest, WHICH SIMS GAME IS THE WORST?

12345679...Next

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sims 1 is the worst.

Sims 2 & 3 are about the same to me

Sims 4 best
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I like em all
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    TS4 :(
  • CirocbandCirocband Posts: 27 Member
    Sims 4... too many bugs on console.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    The Sims 1 - Of course it was limited, but it was really a cool game back then - I loved it and I still do, I still play it sometimes for the nostalgia. Have all the expansions, the first two still with the "big box" instead of the DVD cases that were released after.

The Sims 2 - It was a huge improvement and the gameplay was fun - I played it A LOT when it was current. I have all the expansions except the last two, because I moved away from home and my PC was getting slow. I never played it since 2008 and looking at videos by Youtubers, I really think the graphics have aged badly, colours look a bit dull and everything around the sims' houses looks a bit depressing and empty, pixelated. But it's still a great game despite this.

The Sims 3 - It could be the best but sadly it wasn't. Sims look ugly and have a creepy porcelain doll vibe to them. Open world was a great idea but it was very poorly implemented. As a WoW player (which has a real open world) it still felt REALLY limited. I wasn't a fan of all the rabbit holes either. The game was also really laggy and ran horribly. I had to constantly save in different saves to avoid corruptions that were really frequent, it was anxiety inducing. I only bought two expansions (Pets and Seasons) because my PC at that time couldn't handle more of them.

The Sims 4 - Yes, many features were removed or added really late, I didn't like the cartoony graphics at first but now I feel they are the best, it's that kind of graphics that never really age. Still, I'm having a lot more fun in TS4 than TS3 and I have all the expansions/game/stuff packs so far (except the Star Wars one).

So, considering all of this...the worst for me was The Sims 3.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2022
    I mean, only focusing on the technical aspect it’s sims 4. It was certainly the least revolutionary of the franchise at the time it was released: sims 1 was absolutely revolutionary for its time, unprecedented. Sims 2 brought very improved graphics going from 1 to 2 and was completely revolutionary in that sims could now age, and also lots and lots and lots of the gameplay. Sims 3 was a lot more similar to 2 than 2 was to 1, but at least brought the open world that was somewhat revolutionary.
    Also sims 3 was very very difficult to run but at least had a very big world, while sims 4 is just purely EA not doing their job and releasing broken content, which is just not ok.

Having said all that, when it comes to gameplay sims 3 is my absolute least favorite. It really provokes me how much great stuff they just cut from sims 2. I know a lot of people love sims 3 but I just can’t see why. I’m a sims 2 player, but if I had to switch I’d take sims 4. Sims 3 is completely unplayable to me.

Just off the top of my head:
    * No proper vacations. I want to go on a camping trip with the family or a tropical romantic getaway for a honeymoon or romantic getaway, not freaking tomb raider in a sims pack.
    * I can’t own a business like in sims 2. Just open a business and sell anything I want, preferably crafted items. Owning a restaurant. Oh wait, also:
    * No proper freaking restaurants. I go to restaurants all the time, not least on dates. This eliminates like half of my gameplay.
    * There are three people in every bar and nightclub. Fun. Not. Open world 👎
    * I can’t just travel between worlds like in sims 4. This is the worst one for me. I remember being so excited when Island Paradise came out (which is when I first started playing sims 3 because there was finally going to be proper vacations and hotels I thought) only to realize the only way for me to use any of all the new content was to abandon my whole game that I had in another world. I don’t play with different save files; I play rotationally in one for generations. I would like to have one of the three children of one couple move to Britchester, another to Isla Paradiso and another to Starlight Shores, for example, but I can’t do that. It sucks.
    * Apartments are just spaces in a shell, unlike sims 2 where there is no shell and it is just an apartment building. To be fair this is just as bad in sims 4 as in sims 3.
    * Very bad support for rotational gameplay.

Just to name a few. Sims 3 is absolutely the worst game in the franchise to me.
  • Ry_bread_54Ry_bread_54 Posts: 29 Member
    i don't know if this counts but i cant bring myself to say 1,2,3 or 4 so im gonna say freeplay
    thats why i love nestle crunch.lsiyb4iaupkm.jpeg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited September 2022
    The Sims 3.

mostly because despite all stuff it has it never felt sims enough to me it just does not spark joy the way 1 2 and even 4 do for me

unless mobile games count then those could be worse cause I don't like mobile games grind and i guess id still rather play ts3 than sims mobile
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Sims 2. When it became available for free, I wanted to try it because of so many simmers claiming it was the Bestest Ever!!! For me, there was no wow factor over the upgrade from The Sims because I never played it. There was also no nostalgia factor, because my first sims game was TS3. In 2, felt very restricted in the stories I wanted to tell because of the CAS and personality limitations. The game was way too focused on the mundane aspects of life with money and romance being the main drivers and I couldn’t make sims to match the characters I wanted to create, either in personality or appearance. And, I really hated how TS2 sims all had that same horsey potato face and the same 2 body builds. The much vaunted attraction system was based on superficials like horoscope and hair color, and wants/fears were too intrusive. And pets were just annoying as heck. I gave up and went back to TS3, even with the lagging. After a few years, when TS4 got past the base game, I switched to it because CAS let me create the characters I always wanted to play, and the sandbox style let me play with creative freedom.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    Sims 3, and by a long way too...

-Adding cc was a pita, but not half as bad as trying to remove it.

-The sims themselves looked really odd. To me the sims in 3 look more cartoonish than 4.

-CAS was completely horrible. It's only redeeming feature is to remind me that as bad as some of the items in 4 look, things could be a whole lot worse.

-It took forever to get through the load screens. And you know it's bad when they give you games to play to entertain yourself while waiting on the load screen.

-Not being able to freely travel to other worlds stinks.

-The game lags like nothing I've ever seen. This computer I'm on can run 4 on ultra settings at 5120x2880 and barely hiccup. I do have one lot that caused a bit of lag, but it had tons of decor items, mostly plants. I thinned out the decor to a normal level and that fixed it. The creator made a lovely house but went a tad overboard with the decorating. In 3, on this same computer, I have a hard time getting the game to run lag free. I'm sure I could tinker with it and get it, but it just isn't worth it as long as I have 4.

Bugs, warts, and all, 4 has more things I like better, and it has all the sims I've come to love.
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Sims 1 good for its time but more of a time management and needs juggling game that often became frustrating. Looks very dated now.

Sims 2 good content, reasonably fun balance in terms of gameplay. Plenty of features and lots of animations. Looks okay considering its age when playing at 1080p but for some reason my mouse acceleration goes nuts and makes it feel awkward to control.

Sims 3 plenty of content but the sims all look like potato people. Needs lots of CC to make them look good. Quite a lag fest at times even on a good system. Build/buy menu being split up was annoying. Create a style was awesome because I could have zebra print heels, skirts, tops, sofas even lampshades, sadly that also made the game laggier. Better value expansions than Sims 4. I always found it fun to play.

Sims 4. Best build mode, best CAS. Runs well most of the time. Not very indepth gamplay. Tons of bugs that never get fixed. Incomplete features being added and then abandoned. No cross pack compatibility. Previous expansions remarketed and split into more expensive smaller packs.

So Sims 1 is worst for visuals. Sims 3 is worse for Sims and Sims 4 is the worse for nickel and diming the consumer and not upholding a decent standard of quality.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    Hmmm . . . if we were just looking at the different installments without taking the time period into account, I would say that the original is the worst, followed by Sims 3.

If we put the games into the context of their time, the original gets a promotion. In spite of all of its limitations, poor graphics, lack of customization, favoring gimmicks over depth, The Sims was revolutionary for its time. Nobody had ever seen anything like it. The Sims 3, on the other hand, was a step backward from the Sims 2. The aging mechanics, and the fact that you would lose data when you switched between families, made rotational game play very difficult. And then there were the creepy character graphics. The Sims 2 sims were cartoonish, certainly in comparison to Sims 4, but at least they could be cute cartoons. In Sims 3, even the sims who were supposed to be good looking creeped me out. They were trying too hard to make them look realistic and they ended up in uncanny valley.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Dilaxer wrote: »
    Yes, i know Sims 4 is a bit of downgrade, but now here's the question:

Based on our technology, for example when thinking about which one's the worst, think about what technology was at that time when it was created.

For example don't say that ''Sims 1 is the worst because there was less stuff to do than in the sims 3'' Yes, it's true, but at that time it was way harder to develop a game.

So think about it in that way.

So what's you're answer? Why? Share you're thoughts.

Sims4 because the tech was there to do everything best done in all previous versions and then some, yet they made it far LESS than, plus "optimozed" profit over gaming experience by breaking up content over many more packs so the user gets less, for more.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2022
    SimTown is by far the worst. This strange inferior and rather pointless mix between SimCity and SimFarm.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • bleebbleeb Posts: 82 Member
    The Sims Mobile
  • SnookieSnookie Posts: 21 Member
    sims 4 by a long shot lol for me anyway
    c3zmp268jl23.png
    You know, the one in the dirty trench coat who's in love with you.
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    All sims have tastes in their unique way
    For my opinion:
    Sims 4 is best if you like building/decorating/creating sims.
    Sims 3 is best if you like unique adventures and challenges.
    Sims 2 is best if you like drama

And lastly

Sims 1 is best if you are masochist who like to suffer yourself, like to pain in your stomache while playing because that monster is expert simmers ONLY. Imagine all challenges people created for Sims 4 to make game more challenging, playing Sims 1 in a normal way (without any cheats) ITSELF is a challenge. Have luck trying to not going broke and die from starvation while your needs rapidly goes down. Man, I dont know which sims is worst but I can say, Sims 1 was the hardest.