Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest, WHICH SIMS GAME IS THE WORST?

Comments

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    The Sims 4 by a landslide.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Sims3.

The hype on it is good, but at the of its run there are too many bugs that EA never bothered to fix to where it was actually playable.
  • Options
    bill_th_89bill_th_89 Posts: 77 Member
    I gotta say the worst game was The Sims 3. Yes it was more complex and had "depth" but gosh I had nightmares with the faces of these ugly sims. I installed as much CC as my lap could handle and it still wasn't enough to make them likeable. They all still looked the same. Besides, my laptop crashed so much whilst playing TS3, it was just.. too much. :s ugh...

Moreover, I gotta give Sims 4 credits to its new "build mode" features 'cause they are simply amazing. And I also like the simplicity of TS4. I can enjoy it without much CC or mods. As weird as it sounds, I like things like the new create-a-sim features or even the plummy gallery cause it did make my life easier. I don't even miss the toddlers.
    I just miss my University Life expansion. I loved it.
    i2vjte.jpg
    Origin ID: CandiAndi
  • Options
    solarstormsolarstorm Posts: 350 Member
    ts2: nightlife cause it lagged SO hard on my computer :/ the game i notice myself playing more is TS4 :) i prefer ts4 over anything.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I don't think there's any really bad sims game, but the worst is Freeplay. :D

I agree. The Sims Freeplay is the worst - it is a disgrace to the Sims franchise and those that play it (and do not play the Sims on console or PC what so ever).
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I don't think there's any really bad sims game, but the worst is Freeplay. :D

Awww that's a bit unfair, freeplay does have toddlers afterall, and best of all it's free. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Sims 4 because how long has it been already? 7 months and the game is still unfinished with the same bugs showing up over and over again. The neverending cycle of the reappearance of past bugs for every new patch/update.
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    For me; The Sims 3.
    Almost the only thing I enjoyed in TS3 was creating sims.
    95% of my time went on solving problems and trying to make things work.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The Sims 3. No matter how many patches you downloaded, or how many mods you used, it never ran well. You could get in a good nap every time you loaded your game or traveled in World Adventures.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    No question about it - Sims 4.

Sims 2 was the best selling game of all time - not just the best selling Sims game -but the best selling game ever - so it behooves me why the things that made the sims2 the best selling game was the family done so well from family trees including birth, every stage in between right through death and the open venues where sims shopped for food, for clothing, and ate out at restaurants just like real people in real life do - were blatantly omitted in Sims 4 - as if they wanted to sabotage this game or something knowing full well the things that made Sims 2 the best selling game of all time - makes absolutely no sense to me - i don't care what vision they had for this game they had a formula that worked and totally wrote it off and cast it to the wind....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    never played Sims 1 and 2 as for Sims 3 it kept crashing, for Sims 4 crash a few time that because of some mods so it is hard to pick one between Sims 3 and 4
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't know. Just because I don't click with TS4 doesn't mean it's not a good game for others who love it, I dislike it to pieces.... I love CAW in TS3 but there are people who didn't.
    I learned how to handle bugs and problems with TS and TS2 so I was ready for the bugs in TS3.
    I just don't like the looks and the game play in TS4 but since others do, I'll skip this one for a long while and play TS2 & TS3.CoolLlama2_zpslrn8gzng.png
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I'm only considering the main-sequence (1, 2, 3, 4) games in this -- I generally haven't gotten into the spinoffs. For me, I have to say TS4 is the worst. Yes, TS3 was glitchy and very poorly optimized, which was not a good thing, but for all that, I still enjoyed the gameplay far more than I have in TS4. So for me, TS4 is the worst.

Obviously, it's all just our individual opinions. Everyone has their own likes/dislikes, so there's really no 'right' or 'wrong' answer.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    bjork_fanbjork_fan Posts: 140 Member
    sims 3 was never fixed
    sims 4 is being fixed but they arent listening to us at all
    both games are bad
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    For me the worst in Sims 4, if you go based on just how much I had fun playing it.

I loved Sims 1, loved Sims 3, and LOVED Sims Medieval! I wish they didn't abandon that one so quickly.

Anyway, I had the most fun and the most value for the money I spent on 3, I think.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    TS4. It isn't horrible though. It just is the lowest sims game in my opinion...
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited April 2015
    Relative to the time the game was released? Sims 4, hands down, looks like it would be the worst. No, I haven't played it, as it looks so bad on paper I see no point in wasting the time/money. While I suppose there's a possibility (highly improbably, though) that I could like it, it just doesn't take the series forward. And the graphics of the squirrels? Yeah, no thanks. In absolute terms, Sims 1 is the worst, followed by Sims 2 (I said absolute, as if all three were released today, with their graphics, features, and the like. Sims 2 represents the 'best', relative to it's time of release), Sims 4 (maybe a smidge above 2), and then Sims 3 (I'm used to bugs. When it runs well, it's amazing). Better graphics than 2, has open world and CAst as well. Graphics not as good as 4, but features make-up the difference.

wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    xMintxMint Posts: 175 Member
    Sims 3. I hated it.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I have only played TS2, TS3 and TS4.

If I don't consider my own preferred play style, then TS4 is absolutely the worst. There is nothing innovative or impressive about it.

Although my play style was abandoned in TS3, it was no doubt about it innovative and impressive for its time - and eventually playable for someone like me with mods.

TS4 I can at least (sort of) play without mods, just not for long, as I am running out of room and into too many game-breaking bugs.

TS2 just rocked for its time.
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited April 2015
    For me the worst is Sims 3. :/ Can't even launch on my 10 year old granny comp. #ApologieToGrandma
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited April 2015
    Still sims 4 is the worst, hands down. Sims 1 and 2 pushed the technology at the time. Also, it was a brand new idea. Sims 3 and 4 definitely made me feel like the sims studio started to get comfortable and didn't want to push the envelope much further. After sims 2 is also right around the time, I believe, that they had some management/positions changed around in the EA company. Go figure.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I have to reluctantly say TS4...TS3 was bad for me until I got a gaming computer- then it was freaking fantastic, and the level of detail when you can play the game with max graphics settings is out of this world.
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    sims 3
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    None!They are all great games.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Based on its time of release, it has to be TS4.

For what they managed to do with TS3, I would have expected them to have progressed with the next instalment not taken things out or dumbed it down. TS1 was fantastic in its time, TS2 improved upon that, TS3 improved again with its open world and Cast features, then came TS4...

Yes, there are things I think they improved with it - the gallery and build mode (though they have removed things like terrain sculpting), also the extra multi-tasking is ok (though it was there to some extent in previous versions). I was expecting TS4 to have everything from TS3 (base game) in an improved way, plus extras. Boy, did I have high hopes! :D