Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A complete Forum Tutorial.

1212223242527...Next

Comments

• Options
    Codebender_CateCodebender_Cate Posts: 2 New Member
    Since I can't change my username and I'm being basically hunted I need my account deleted please. There's no option in account management
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited September 2023
    Since I can't change my username and I'm being basically hunted I need my account deleted please. There's no option in account management

@Codebender_Cate, just go over to the Off Topic section and join in on some of the word/story games over there to get your post count up and helpfully you will get your points count up as well so that you can become a full member and then you can change your user profile picture. It really doesn't take that long to gain membership status if someone really wants to become a full member... :smiley:

Edit to say that if you want to change your username, then head on over to @EA_Cade page and ask him for a name change and he will change it when he comes on... :)
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member

I'd say if you really feel 'hunted' then head over to @EA_Cade page and send him a PM and tell him all about it.
  • Options
    gvftredxgvftredx Posts: 4 New Member
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > Discussions
    >
    > To create a new Discussion, click the big blue button on the right.
    >
    >
    >
    > When creating a new discussion you will have certain options.* Choosing the Category can be done by using the drop down list or choosing the correct category before creating the discussion. *Hint: The category can be changed by editing the original post*
    > * Choosing you discussion's title.
    > * Writing the body and adding links, images and more.
    >
    >
    >
    > While writing a post you have options, these include:* Bolding your text.
    > * Making text Italic.
    > * Putting a strike through text.
    > * Creating an ordered list.
    > * Creating an unordered list.
    > * Adding a quote.
    > * Adding a code.
    > * Adding a spoiler alert.
    > * Adding emoji.
    > * Adding a link.
    > * Adding an image.
    > * Aligning text to the left.
    > * Aligning text to the right.
    > * Centering text.
    > * Changing text color.
    > * Changing text size.
    >
    > Most of these options can be done simply by highlighting the text and clicking on one of the options.
    >
    > Create a list by clicking the list button which is 3rd and 4th from the left.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The set of options is found by clicking on the 5th button. The first option is to quote. Quoting can be useful to quote a certain part of an article that is wished to be quoted. This can be done by adding the quotations by clicking the button and then adding the desired quote in between the quote codes. Or by pasting the text, highlighting it and then clicking the quote button.
    >
    >
    >
    > The second option in this list is called code, this is used to show code like the url tags or quote tags without it converting.[url]example[/url]
    >
    >
    >
    > The 3rd option is called spoiler. When you desperately feel the need to reveal which character did what or just having a bit of fun, the spoiler code come in useful.
    >
    >
    >
    > Next are the emoji, you can use then to add more emotion to your posts :D :neutral:. You can also add them by using the ':' and looking through options.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can post an url by copying your chosen website address and pasting into the box that appears when you click the link button and then pressing enter. You can also manually type i the url code[url=link][url]
    >
    > . To make a clickable word that will take someone to your link just had your chosen word or sentence in between the url code.[url=http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1] Member thread[/url]
    >
    > so now it will be seen as Member thread instead of http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > To add an image you paste the image link into the box that appear when click the button as with the url or you can add the image codes to your link.[img]imagelink[/img]
    >
    > .
    > Please note, Images can not be directly posted from your hard drive and will need to be posted on an image sharing site first.
    > Posting Images will be explained in more detail later on.
    >
    >
    > The following option you have is to align the text left/right or center it. When doing this the tex should always be between the code parameters.[left]Like this[/left]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can change the size of your text from 1-7, 7 being the largest and 1 the smallest. You can do this by typing the code at the beginning and end of the text you wish to size or only at the beginning if you wish to make all the text fromt hat point to the end the same size.
    >
    > Example:[size=1]I like writing this[/size]The dog[size=7]ate[/size] my homework.[size=6] I ate my dog's food as revenge.
    >
    > The above will looks like this when posted
    > I like writing thisThe dogate my homework. I ate my dog's food as revenge.
    >
    >
    > You can change the color of your text by typing the code at the beginning and end of the text you wish to color only at the beginning if you wish to make all the text from that point to the end the same color.
    >
    > Example:[color=blue] Once upon a time[/color] a monkey sat on a [color=brown]stump[/color].[color=gold]The goldilocks ran into a gorilla that was making bakes angel cake.
    >
    > The above will looks like this when posted
    > Once upon a time a monkey sat on a stump.The goldilocks ran into a gorilla that was making bakes angel cake.
    > A list of colors that can be used

I have no BIG BLUE BUTTON ON THE RIGHT. Why can't I start a new discussion?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello @gvftredx
    You need to be a full member before you can start a new discussion. This link thread explains about the forums
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983330/a-welcome-guide-for-new-simmers
    And this link explains about becoming a full member and what you can and can’t do as a new member before becoming a full member
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17717805/#Comment_17717805