Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Made a new sim, Robbie Monohan.
    He's Ambitious, Loves the Outdoors, and loves inventing.
    unQeOG5.png

I'm trying to give him a 'trashy and poor' vibe, so he lives in an RV along one of the beaches in Bridgeport.
    bzJGD5G.png

He likes using the fire-pit to roast any and everything.
    efM2cGL.png
    b3WGclx.png
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited January 2022
    I have something I need to deal with at the moment, which unfortunately means not much time. So thanks for the comments already. And I must admit I thought of a caption, but I'll keep that one tp myself :wink: .
    Anyway, left some button presses and have to go again. Here's an image though.
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    I got tired last night so didn’t post. I plan on posting tonight after work, then playing the family again. I’m off three days so will probably post and play some of that time.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I did not play sims 3 this weekend, just fixed with my story save
    and deleted cc cause I had downloaded too much of it.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Some shots from revamping the post-apocalyptic bunker...I'm sure it's changed after 80 odd years...the other one kept carking up.

3edYv8k.jpg
    Some Marine Corps M1A1 Abrams.

S9vwi7m.jpg
    three Strykers

EnLtOpf.jpg
    three Humvees. HMMWV (High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle)

Screenshot-194.jpg
    Happy Mac's got some toys to play with.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    Chapter 16.4 – Lake Onebega October 2022. Tonight we are young, so lets set the kitchen on fire...

Song: We Are Young - fun. feat Janelle Monáe (Simlish)
    Fact: When this song came out, I was still at university myself, living the life that these two are living right now... with burning kitchens and all! That's actually not a joke...
    I came home from a lecture once, and saw this:
    wht5yttS47obxPfQgW747wgn4XUETh4TehZHDF6AmEgA.jpg

https://nrk.no/vestland/brann-pa-studenthjem-1.6274381

My student housing was anything but pretty, but it was cheap...

yJcD4qa.jpg
    October is now here, and it is back to our students at the de Anda hall, currently safely asleep dreaming sweet dreams of food and heartbreak...

dkPNily.jpg

Inge is the first of our sims to wake up, but it looks like someone else has been up earlier to make plenty of hot dogs, so Inge won't have to make her usual breakfast waffles this time..

t7EGdtu.jpg

Morning Ayana she kind of doesn't say, before going to eat all by herself...

V66knxu.jpg

Oliver Freddy joins her for eating shortly thereafter, and Ayanas, in spite of being passed by and not greeted by either of them, is kind enough to do the dishes...

dwArA0I.jpg

Inge is already looking forward to todays lecture, she is learning so many new and interesting things, and her boyfriend is of course very supportive of her studying art.

zrirjI9.jpg

He should be, he was the one that brought her there in the first place. :P

ZMtzDDB.jpg

They do their dishes, before its time for Oliver Freddy to dart of to his lecture.

3LBsSlS.jpg

--

C79OHsH.jpg

Oh, look who just showed up! That's Cora Sidwell, the celebrity that Oliver Freddy wants to meet. Lucky for him she's in his class! ;)

gtGPtxl.jpg

Inge just finished off a few needs of a private matter, and seems to ponder what to do next, so she is directed downstairs on the computer to study.

Update continues in spoiler. I just can't keep them short...
    slmrxmV.jpg

Inge finishes her studying and goes for a new painting upstairs. Oliver Freddys class also finishes, and Cora has an accident by the desk...

ImxQ1fc.jpg

Oliver Freddy walks over to fulfill his wish of meeting her, even if she smells like pee...

G3N7lkg.jpg

They hit it off on a wrong note already, because Oliver Freddy is brave, and Cora is a coward.. Celebrities are overrated!
    Oliver Freddy then concludes that analyzing a rock is much more interesting...

T8uHmZY.jpg

Cora (thinking): What is that thing he just got out? Who is this guy, some kind of ghostbuster, or something? I'm out of here...

MM2Yzrx.jpg

Just as Inge was getting ready to go to her lecture, the fire alarm went off. Looks like someone has started a fire..

k0bplJJ.jpg

The culprit appears to be this guy, Skip Taylor, casually walking away from the scene in his boxers...

cRZP3jR.jpg

Oliver Freddy has gone to do some research at a research station, totally unaware of what's going on at the dorm..

gmlzuOE.jpg

Since none of my students are there, there is noone to direct to call the fire department, so these guys are gonna have to deal with it themselves... or burn the place down, whichever happens first...

PGmX1HI.jpg

I forgot that Oliver Freddy has hired a maid, and he is there to save the day when everyone else is being a darn fool! Good going Mr. Maid! You are the Hero of the Day!

4X8QlbM.jpg

And here is the biggest fool of them all, Skip Taylor.. "I here the sirens coming, better run inside.."

gNlYpLf.jpg

Then I see Inge on the couch watching TV.. What? Didn't you just run off to your lecture..?

Inge: I was mistaken! My lecture doesn't start for another hour!

Oh...

GRVA4kA.jpg

Jonathan Dirk, of course, sits down next to Inge and makes sure to talk about topics he thinks could be of interest to her, such as writing, painting and science, and this time she actually appears to enjoy his talk while simultaneously feeling attracted to him... so much so, she forgets about her lecture this time... before suddenly realizing she has to get up and go..

vxaarFy.jpg

Inge: Oh, shoot, I forgot, I gotta run to my lecture!

GCnuV5M.jpg

She rushes there as fast as she can, pushing it with the speed limit, and ends being only about 15 minutes late.

Inge: Sorry for being late, professor! I got distracted! There was a fire in our kitchen and...

vYryYSF.jpg

Oliver Freddy has finished researching and has walked upstairs for a game of table tennis where he delivers his usual hard and fast serves and ends up winning easily. When it comes to table tennis, Oliver Freddy appears unbeatable. ;)

zyeEAyD.jpg

Then its time to go back home, but this time he seems to have acquired a very gentlemanly jog instead of his usual run. What has university life done to you, Oliver? :P

swn9jMh.jpg

Inge darts home from her lecture, and is very happy to do her favorite thing to pass time; to watch the cooking channel..

2Mb34j0.jpg

Jonathan Dirk is still there, and this time she even starts to talk to him about babies and kids toys, something which makes him very pleased, of course...
    ofmRu7s.jpg

vhInheH.jpg

I break it up though, by sending her upstairs to continue the painting she started earlier... I don't want to risk having this develop into something! :P

CPyNDPL.jpg

Oliver Freddy has gone upstairs too, to take a peak through the telescope. And yikes! He saw a body of water! And enjoyed it! How unnerving!

DlogX2v.jpg

Well, he also has a wish to do research on a scientific sample for quite some time, so he heads back to the Student Union to research yet another sample..
    sznbcSa.jpg

He has tried this a few times, but his wish never gets fulfilled. There is an option to "Research sample", but no option to "Research scientific sample".. How would one get that option? He has plenty of samples, but none of them appear to be scientific, so what excactly does he have to do to get one that is scientific?

EqL114L.jpg

"This sample looks scientific to me.... I don't get it.. Maybe I need more experience, or university credits...?"
    Neither him nor I can seem to figure it out, and its starting to annoy the both of us! ;) .. Maybe this is just one of those things in the game that just... doesn't work... well, that was new... :disappointed:

Gi0DXR8.jpg

"Hmmm... there must be something wrong here..."

xsEy6S7.jpg

While he was doing his science thing, Inge had finished her painting and reached level six in the painting skill, or so it said, but I don't know.. is this a level 6 painting? This painting is not a keeper..
    It had a worth 146 simoleons and she decided to sell it.

Anyway, all this sciencing had made Oliver Freddy hungry, so the poor chap went up a floor to grab a good juicy burger, before he got a party invitation to a bonfire party over at Debbie Richards house.

rNOL3gH.jpg

That cheered us both up greatly, and all sorrows about scientific research being really hard was forgotten for a while. ;) He pondered a bit why Debbie would invite him, and not Inge, because it was Inge of the two that was Debbies friend, so he sent a text to Inge about the party, saying he wanted her to go with him.

kXp9zxw.jpg

And off they go the party in each their identical car. ;) Debbie Richards house is located on the far northwestern part of the University Town, where she has a pretty good view of everything. Hmm, now lets see what kind of party this will turn out to be, and how many will run around in the nude...

9ffdgU3.jpg

Inge quickly learns that Debbie must be financially pretty well off, judging from the size of her house. "She must be lonely up here" she thinks "living here all alone in this big house.."

7MMBvFz.jpg

Debbie is on the back porch, and has already started the juice drinking.

oaI86jY.jpg

Inge and Oliver Freddy walked upstairs to a tv-room, when this guy called Jacob Salaman began insulting Oliver Freddy. Inge ignores him and engages her boyfriend in a conversation about their favorite movies and tv-shows before he is at it again with the insults..

VPwwvoN.jpg

Oliver Freddy talks back, and asks him what the hell is his problem and tells him to quit it before things escalate and something unfortunate happens...

kepDZoD.jpg

Inge enjoys Oliver Freddys bravery and her response is to flirt with him and Jacob leaves the room. This gives Oliver Freddy a wish to hug Inge romantically, he just has to get a sip from the juice keg on the porch first..

J7mTEVK.jpg

Inge has not been drinking from any of the juice kegs at this party, however. She only goes for the juice bar inside. "I want to go a little easy on the partying until after our exam" she says "so I'm staying away from the hard stuff. I want to keep my mind sharp..." Clever girl...

pStVOF3.jpg

Oliver Freddy finishes his juice and walks inside to give his girl a sweet hug.

CNQdwp9.jpg

Then he goes outside to have a talk and flirt a little with Cora Sidwell, but its nothing serious, because at the end of their conversation he shoots in that he would be very happy to have her as his friend.

mX9mwkC.jpg

Inge has walked out onto the porch, where Jacob Salaman begins repeatedly insulting her as well, and the learn that they have several conflicting traits with each other.

3p7NmJH.jpg

She quickly begins to dislike him, and they almost become enemies. What an unpleasant dude...

rfwqAkW.jpg

After a long round of insulting with Inge actually trying to keep a decent conversation, she has finally had enough of that and goes for the juice keg out by the bonfire in rhe bankyard.

CpIuIO5.jpg

Then she throws a stinker of some sample onto the bonfire, immediately giving the surroundings a foul smell.. nice party trick, there! :P And I see from the red minuses up on the porch that Jacob has probably found someone else to insult...

lPimGZA.jpg

Then eventually Debbie says the party is over, and throws everyone off the lot. In spite of one guest trying to ruin the mood, this party was nowhere near as crazy as the one Oliver Freddy hosted last semester. I guess everyone is saving up their insanity until after their exams. ;)

LSxNaTJ.jpg

Inge has gone upstairs to Debbies bahtroom to brush her teeth, but Oliver Freddy is being a gentleman and waiting for her outside, so that they can go home together. ;)

E1cEePk.jpg

My girlfriends in the bathroom getting h...... her teeth brushed and...
    The moon is on my side
    I have no reason to run
    I will carry you home, tonight...

EtSrEGv.jpg

And so the young couple goes to bed.. and we say... goodnight. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Thanks for your sweet comments about the new little one coming. :smiley: I love being a Grandma.
    I'm glad you found the skin. I actually knew who made that one. It's usually easy to find the odd things. Now, I want to see a sim you make wearing the skin. You can use nraas to make them a plant sim through intermediate settings.
    I know, I know. I need to work on Mary's story. So little time, so much I want to do!
    Thank you for the comments on the pictures. :heart:
    Thank you for the denim results. I've looked through a few pages and not found the one, but some cute stuff was seen and possibly downloaded. :grin:

@Nikkei_Simmer :tongue: lol, I knew you would see it and come up with something.
    Baby girl's not been born yet. They had the reveal gathering with an announcement of gender.
    Gotta have some tanks and Humvee's for your gals to have fun with!

@Astro Cool picture. Dag, love that so many of y'all are not scared to mess around in the files. I'm terrified. I know I would mess things up horribly.
    I love his trashy RV, unkempt yard look! Love the tall wild grass too! Great view of Bridgeport.

@Sorak4 Nothing like eating breakfast with the urn on the table. :lol:

@MamaSimTee oh no, what a sad tragedy on their birthday!
    Glad you are starting to feel better.

@ZhakiraP Thank you!

@GraceyManor Thanks for continuing to look. :grin: That top is close and I think I like it better. The other one had side darts and buttons.
    I did find a couple similar ones on the link @emorrill gave me and I'll see which I like best in game.
    I hope you are feeling better too.

@Turjan Love having the bar in the swimming pool.

@Sprottenham I wonder if any of the dev's went to school with you or had fires happening like that?
    I'm happy to see Oliver Freddy and Inge still together. Watching them at uni makes me want to play in it again. So much fun!

Now that I've got a good start on adding families to the world, I need to add a few more critters. This training field looks sad with no horses running it.
    51810905203_1c32dedc1f_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Langerak Family Descendants

Here are a few pictures of some of Dwight and Melanie's other grandchildren and great-grandchildren. These are not all of them, so I'll do another one with the other few sometime during my days off.

CaG4wul.jpg
    Jenna Langerak is the eldest daughter of Sheena Langerak and Ivan Keaton. Dwight is her great-grandpa as he is Sheena's grandpa, and Abigail's dad.

Yg7Zc8N.jpg
    Tiana is the younger daughter of Sheena and Ivan. I believe the two of them took Sheena's last name since Sheena hasn't gotten married to Ivan yet. For some reason, it is saying that his mother is named Anne Keaton, yet Anne is listed on my Family Echo tree as being Malcolm Landgraab and Bella Bachelor's daughter. If this is the case, then Ivan should be Ivan Landgraab. I'm going to do some investigating to check on some of these family connections.

EDIT: Ivan’s father is Russ Andrews, not any Keaton. Russ is Beau and Victoria’s son. Anne Landgraab is his mother, one of her exes was a Keaton, but she’s a Davenport now. I will edit my tree to fix it.

WRkZk5B.jpg
    Mason Langerak is the brother to Sheena and is Jenna and Tiana's uncle. He is currently dating Trish Sekemoto, who is descended from the Sekemoto's and Bunch's. This means that technically, Mason and Trish are distant relatives, but far enough that there isn't too much of an issue.

bde9BTJ.jpg
    The last of Abigail Langerak's children is Chiquita Langerak. She is currently married to Richie Goth, who just so happens to be the son of Harlan Goth. Of course, Harlan got de-aged, and is now married to my Sim heir, Daisy Langerak. This kind of will tie the Goth's and Langerak's back together besides just Harlan and Daisy.

***Actual gameplay updates coming after comments.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Harmony Island

Jarrett Fernandes, the Mer King is married to Jalia, also a mermaid who is an aspiring singer. They hated being apart those many months but Jalia stayed busy recording music for an upcoming album.
    51795545919_a95b4cc813_o.jpg

Dr. Sam Beckett is very happy to have his lovely wife Emma close to him once again. Those many months apart were difficult for the newlywed couple. Their dog Audie, sniffed around the new neighborhood and then settled near his family as they sat and cuddled on the swing.
    51795910865_94164edd6b_o.jpg

Commander Sun'nu Xi'chen's family arrived in the second teleport group. Sun and her husband Peidex plan to use their security expertise in the law enforcement field. Their daughter Pen'nu has been a riding enthusiast since her childhood and will not follow her parents footsteps much to their chagrin. Their oldest son and his family are still living and helping in the recovery of Moonlight Falls. He may follow his parents to Harmony Island once he retires.
    51810544168_b34667e0f3_o.jpg

King Tyler enjoys a ride on Orion who was teleported onto the island in the first group. Riding is one of Tyler's many passions and taming the unicorn was one of the highlights of his life.
    51795178201_9c7a19029c_o.jpg

High Priestess Gretchen puts her apprentice Emmaline Rhoen to work right after her arrival to the island. Her skills in alchemy and magic are being tested even though Emmaline recently mastered her Earth magic with the highest marks. Emmaline is a talented and natural witch and wants to learn as much as she can about the different types of magic so she doesn’t mind. She was a part of the magi during the war. She knows it is a privilege being invited to study under the High Priestess.
    51810784549_52467f8ca9_o.jpg

Iris Burch plays with her green dragon as her brother Reed grins at her, excited to be on Harmony Island at last. Reed followed his own path in life and is working towards becoming a top scientist rather than a gardener like his sister.
    51810432611_3b64175e27_o.jpg

Master Vampire Alaric picked out one of the large homes in the town area. He invited his friends to live in the large mansion with him. He feels very protective towards them after rescuing them and trusts them to look after his treasures when he is off on another adventure in foreign lands. Kale Linden is a business man and helps Alaric with his business affairs. His wife, Calla desires nothing more than being surrounded by children. They have two children so far Heather and Thorne.
    51810784454_4a861bbee5_o.jpg

Jorge shows Judy the play area in the yard of the house he picked. She loves the house and the play area for children. She is very excited about their new life on Harmony Island. Judy is not sure what kind of career she wants. For now, she will be helping out at the spa.
    51795303153_9865ea8fc1_o.jpg

Gina was attacked by rogue werewolves during the war and left for dead. Instead of dying, she transformed into a werewolf and stayed in that form not knowing how to transform back into a human. She was found by a group of werewolves and brought to Shane. :love: As Alpha and leader of the were's he can command a transformation that no wolf can ignore even a newbie one. Gina transformed back to her human state with his command, but has difficulty keeping her wolf side dormant. She will stay under Shane's protection and guidance until she learns to control her wolf.
    51795546224_2695939db3_o.jpg

Alfarin Helmquist-Steinsson is cousin and best friend of King Tyler as well as the King's heir unless he marries and has children. His husband Milton Helmquist-Steinsson is an artist as well as High Priest in the magic community. They both served in the war and only want peace in their lives and children...lots of children. Neither like the house that was picked for them but King Tyler wanted them nearby. They both think it looks like someone's maiden aunt used to live here. They both desire to live in a modern home with lots of open space and big windows to let the light in. They plan to hire an architect to build a suitable home nearby. For now, they will bear with this home.
    51795303293_54f82bdd39_o.jpg

David Arellano is Beta in the were clan. Second only to the Alpha. His wife Maria is a mermaid and a writer. They have one daughter Eden who is a mermaid like her Mom. David was in the military during the war and will continue to lead the community in that capacity.
    51795910665_cd14285b9f_o.jpg

Auden Dune is Master Vampire Alaric's second in command. His brother Asher is still a teen and has much to learn and could learn if he would stop flirting with the girls. Auden plays sports when he is not involved with Vampire politics.
    51795910520_4097271475_o.jpg

Mark Woods, a werewolf, will run the local journalism department. He wants to write the greatest Sims novel someday. His spouse Stephen, a vampire, works in education. He has a nurturing nature that should help him with the children of the island as well as his spouse who has commitment issues. Those issues did not keep him from proposing to Stephen.
    51809478862_95222db643_o.jpg

Jewel Sagan was Commander Sun'no's lieutenant during the war. She chose to leave the military when the war ended. She wants to work as an Astronomer with her husband Nash and raise their children Neo, Jade, Astra and Sola in peace here on the island.
    51809478982_bb7c15a460_o.jpg

Jeff Brogden was a member of the military during the war as part of the Genie division. He was second command to Jorge and is a good leader in his own right. He is leaving the military and transferring to the police department. His family arrived during the second teleportation. He was happy to be reunited with his wife Linda, who is a chef. The children are teen twins Sophie and Shaun, twin kids Austin and Abi, twin toddlers Jack and Jill and baby Krista. Linda's parents Brenda and Carl Crane, wanted to stay close to their grandchildren so moved with them. The family is a mixture of Genie, Witch and Fairy occult.
    51810784504_b6c5730705_o.jpg

Lorelei Whitley, mermaid, wife, mother and diver. She worked closely with the mer community during the war. She was also on the team that searched for the island. Her husband Dwight is a human detective, security expert and used to race horses. Because of an injury he can no longer race horses, but can still breed and train them. When Lorelei saw this ranch she knew it was the place for her family. It is also close to the ocean for her and the triplets Erin, Eric and Austin.
    51795303133_299cfd9973_o.jpg

More and more applicants are requesting to move to Harmony Island. The Governors are going through each application to determine suitability. The close friends and family members of the current residents will have priority but as spots open up, others will be allowed to immigrate.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @bekkasan I'm going to try to keep up with this new story. Are all of the families you just introduced living together in a single household? It looks as if at least one of them will be very busy with around 10 or more sims in it. It looks like you're going to have some fun with this lot. I like how the aliens don't all look like the default aliens that come with the game.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comment the other day :smile:

@bekkasan I might have a look at some archived threads at some point. The forums are quiet compared to a few years ago but for a while the whole place was on fire! :D

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Yesterday would have been the 87th birthday of Elvis Presley's birthday, if he was still living. Usually I post something of him for January 8, but didn't this time. I am just going to put a few more songs at the bottom of comments. Anyway, I now have three days off work so I can actually relax a bit. Yesterday was very hectic at work, I'm actually a team associate for Foods and Consumables, but I also had to learn to use register a while back so when we got busy, I got called up. I believe everyone was freaking out about the ice we got last night. It wasn't too much ice, but did make my trip home a bit harder. I believe that when I last played, I finished on Day 192 or something like that, so this means the Langerak's are about to hit 200 days. Just a quick estimate shows that I've spent around 100 real life hours with this family, but it might be more.

@Nikkei_Simmer Looking forward to seeing where everyone is after the apocalypse.
    Doesn't look like they are having a great time still. :lol:
    There might be some different skins you could use, might find some other random things that could make a Sim look mutated.
    Looking forward to seeing the changes to the bunker.
    Looks like the arsenal of military vehicles grew.

@GraceyManor Wow, Dmitri must like older women.
    Congrats on the engagement!

@Sprottenham You're welcome.
    Yeah, I was glad to have found her a good guy too. I actually like the fact that I did this partial reboot, because I like her with Harlan Goth better than Hal Breckinridge (Riverview)
    I wish they would have fixed things, but it wasn't meant to be. But there could always be a change at reconciliation down the road...
    Thank you!
    Who doesn't dream of money? :lol:
    Carpool's always come when Sims are eating, or at least it seems that way.
    The garden looks nice. Daisy in my game hasn't been able to do the Omni plants yet, but is getting close.
    Congrats on the birth of Emmy!
    At least someone did the dishes, lol
    That'll make it easier for Oliver Freddy to meet her.

@Astro Why on earth would she want the bathtub?
    Great job on Robbie!

@Turjan Something about the gnome picture doesn't look right to me. :lol:

@ZhakiraP You did good on her makeover.
    Having the items grown at home sure helps.
    Great pictures of everyone!
    Thank you!

@bekkasan Same. I like some Elvis covers, but you can't usually beat the way he did songs.
    Thank you, I also have the same hope for him. I'm not sure Cori is the one for him, but I'm glad that he's been getting some dates, although I'm not fond of some of the ones calling. I deny the ones I don't want, lol
    Yeah, I think the beard on Quinton is growing on me. It's hard to believe, but he'll probably pass away sometime soon, maybe even tonight. He's over the 90 day normal lifespan now by several days.
    The castle looks cool on the cliff.
    Hope Jalia gets lucky and becomes a big name singer.
    It's great to see Sam and Emma again.
    The alien family looks nice. I haven't played aliens too much, but I do like some of the abilities they have.
    I remember Tyler now, from AlexaKry. I should remember him, he has my first name.
    That would be very interesting, studying under someone so skilled and powerful like Gretchen.
    Good luck to Iris and Reed on their career goals.
    That was nice of Alaric to allow them to live with him.
    Jorge and Judy look cute together.
    Shane will be a good person to help Gina out.
    Nice to see Alfarin and Milton.
    David shares a last name with a Sim in my town. I don't remember his first name, but his former wife is Dwight Langerak's cousin.
    Sweet, you are bringing back Dwight and Lorelai! I remember them.

@emorrill Yeah, I did some investigating just out of curiosity. I joined in the year between 3000 and 4000, so was lucky to see when we hit page 4000. I've been (slowly) reading the thread from the very beginning, but have only made it to page 116 currently. Some of those older posts don't have their pictures anymore, sadly, but still interesting to read.
    Comments sometimes take me quite a while, even when the thread hasn't had too many posts. I think I like to give good comments as well, although sometimes time doesn't allow for it.
    He does, it seems. I've been trying to course correct him when I can, but his autonomy fights me on it. :lol:
    I don't know 100%, but it'll probably be a PlantSim. I know somewhere down the line, I'm going to try to weed (pun intended) the PlantSim out of the family in place of another occult, but it may be like Daisy's grandkid or great grandkid.
    Thanks for the comments!

@Sorak4 Finding space can be an issue sometimes.
    Looks like someones outfit went invisible or something.
    Great update!

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome.

Here are the Elvis songs for this post.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9QkJA6tIU
    I'm sure those of you who have watched Back to the Future know this song. Marty McFly sings this song at his parents prom, and it is called "Johnny B. Goode". It was originally recorded by Chuck Berry, a contemporary of Elvis' from the 1950's. Elvis added this song to his setlist for the Aloha From Hawaii concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaURJJlmWYI
    This one is called, "What Now, My Love?" and is originally a French song called "Et maintenant". Hundreds of people have covered both version of this song, but Elvis added the English version to the set list as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FT3SmZ_zx0
    And lastly, here is one of the few patriotic songs that Elvis did. This song, "An American Trilogy," was written by singer-songwriter Mickey Newbery, and released by him. Elvis started to do this song about 1971 or 1972. It is a medley of three Civil War era songs, "Dixie", "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", and "All My Trials." The only other patriotic song Elvis did that I know of is "America, The Beautiful".

***And that's it from me, although I still got my actual updates to post next.
  • Options
    Langerak Family Update, Day 188

NTizJhX.jpg
    Dwight got to eat breakfast with his daughter, Ariana. They seem to be the first to wake up in the morning here recently.

wDilkLv.jpg
    Quinton wants to max out the handiness skill, but he's a bit off from hitting it. I'm going to try and have him accomplish this before he dies.

bEOEPsY.jpg
    Dwight decided to use his holo-computer to play some chess since it was cold outside. This is before I decided to move the chess table indoors, something I should have done a while ago.

0AMCQOZ.jpg
    Quinton went somewhere were he met with Brianna Alvi/Arellano/not sure what her current last name is...

zuAiuFK.jpg
    Now I did have the chess table indoors, so I tried to have Daisy call the first contestant towards anyone reaching the top of the chess tournament. Since they said no, Daisy decided to challenge Dwight. Before long, Dwight will be as intelligent as he is athletic.

OmMM6rZ.jpg
    Ariana used the family's dinner night to try to gain donations to stay as Leader of The Free World. She also had an opportunity where she was supposed to get $10,000.

nDiJF7L.jpg
    Ariana got invited to a party where her sister, Abigail, just so happened to be. Abigail has been very emotional as she recently lost her husband, Andrea Langerak. Andrea was a good husband and father, and was originally a pudding faced Sim I made over a bit. Ariana comforted her only sister.

Day 189

lSKzruz.jpg
    There were some leftovers that needed eaten, so I had the family pull some of them out for breakfast. However, one dish went bad and some Sims had to eat quick meals.

X8hoprS.jpg
    Harlan decided to try his hand at Mixology. He didn't do very well, though.

2LHzuYo.jpg
    Since Quinton wanted to learn handiness to the max, I bought the last book for him.

JmOg39A.jpg
    Harlan decided to throw a campaign fundraiser on his way to succeeding Ariana soon. Here, he is trying to get some money out of his brother-in-law, Michael Langerak.

aE7Hzbg.jpg
    Harlan got a call that Lydia Wolff had voted against him in the recent election, and he was to cut all ties with her. Needless to say, he accomplished this one very quickly. It made me remember when a while back, Ariana had to cut ties with L4U-RN for the political career, although that may have been in the version of this save where the family moved to Riverview after 150 days.

***Day 189 is a bit longer, and since I didn't take as many pictures for day 188, I decided to add the first few to 188. I will post the rest of the day coming up next.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Langerak Family Update, Day 189 continued

960haEU.jpg
    kBoFmZ6.jpg
    Since the other two thirds of the triplets came to Harlan's fundraiser, he used it to throw birthday parties for his wife's aunt, uncle, and mother. First up, Abigail aged to elder. I gave her a bit of a makeover, just to fix her up a bit. However, I realized I didn't put her normal hairstyle on her, I'm changing that when I open the game in a bit.

zPzPAeV.jpg
    skRTydx.jpg
    Evan was next, and he didn't change too much, except for gray in his hair and few wrinkles.

COc0P9J.jpg
    HG4GXZb.jpg
    Lastly, Ariana had her age up. She is most likely going to stay as Leader of the Free World until Harlan gets promoted to that level. He should be serving as her VP soon as he is already governor of whatever state they are supposed to live in.

uUkKTfr.jpg
    The family was stopped from eating any cake until Ariana had aged up, but the guests grabbed cake from Abigail and Evan's before Ariana even had her age up. However, by the time she did, it was only the main household that were eating off Ariana's cake.

EVF8zIZ.jpg
    Dwight decided it was a good time to help his grandson learn to play chess. John at least got the basics down, which is amazing compared to my knowledge. I stink at chess so I don't even try.

vok48mL.jpg
    Ariana and Quinton shared some romantic time together. They should be very similar in age, but since Ariana is a werewolf, she has a longer lifespan than normal Sims. Of course, fairies live even longer, so her sister-in-law, Rain Langerak, will live past her, and maybe even Daisy.

RTx8ME6.jpg
    When Quinton went to woohoo with Ariana, he got pranked by John. He went ahead with the activities, then jumped in the shower to rinse his hair out.

Day 190

B5mbQzA.jpg
    Dwight had to let John off for another act of teenage pranks.

1GECgvN.jpg
    so4MxK1.jpg
    Dwight went to visit some of his descendants, this is his granddaughter, Sheena Langerak.

3gr9AYX.jpg
    He also got to know Jenna, pictured here, and her sister, Tiana.

QvvM3Jq.jpg
    And since I was so busy with Dwight meeting relatives, I only got this picture of Quinton and John exercising. This closes out my posts for tonight.
  • Options
    Sad news, Bob Saget aka Danny Tanner (Full House, Fuller House) has passed away. We just lost Betty White, now we lost Bob. 😢
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @bekkasan
    I'll keep looking, its gonna drive me nuts. lol I know I downloaded from this creator

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/love-the-way-you-love-me-top/id/1046705/

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/addicted-2/id/1034941/

Sorry I couldn't be more help.:( But I started bookmarking everything I downloaded so if someone asks I can just browse my bookmarks on TSR, I also stopped merging them and sorted the files by creator.

I don't think this is it, but its very similar
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/zodapop/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/button-embellished-linen-crop-top/id/1238878/
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited January 2022
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer :tongue: lol, I knew you would see it and come up with something.
    Baby girl's not been born yet. They had the reveal gathering with an announcement of gender.
    Gotta have some tanks and Humvee's for your gals to have fun with!

Had to keep it clean. :D Don't want my fingers smacked...

Well, congratulations on "knowing" what the gender of the little one is going to be. :)

Yup, Mac and Meg want to play with tanks. :D But Tosh still misses his F-14 Tomcat. Still can't figure out Blender...so waiting on someone who can actually mesh to create one for me. :innocent:
    praying-emoji-transparent-25.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer Looking forward to seeing where everyone is after the apocalypse.
    Doesn't look like they are having a great time still. :lol:
    There might be some different skins you could use, might find some other random things that could make a Sim look mutated.
    Looking forward to seeing the changes to the bunker.
    Looks like the arsenal of military vehicles grew.

It's been a while after the apocalypse. Right now, they're currently in a long deep-freeze (nuclear winter) that has pretty much stalled any progress, so it's just "make babies" and get the population up as well as the technology base of knowledge.

Nope...not in the least :mrgreen: I hope to even make it tougher on them. Who knows if all of them will survive.

I'm going to look around. It would be neat if I could actually mesh, because then I can start throwing skins together with all sorts of sores...radiation burns...tumours, maybe even a melted face.

Busily at it...though it's going to take a while. In between doing sections, then saving, I'm trying to make it so that I don't have too much loss if it crashes.

I'll figure out how they've managed to increase their arsenal by a tank, two Humvees and two Strykers. Maybe they had kits assembled by the production workers at the military equipment factories that produce them stored in just in case. Who knows, I'll pull something...together... Um...yeah...that's it...I'll just pull something together. Almost said something that might get my hand slapped.

Bad Nikkei_Simmer...do not say pull something out of a bod-...mmmmmphhhh!!!

9fd3a5b27d9ec8fb9ad21e3e8df2a05d.png
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Nothing happening my game this week - I've been occupied with something else - but I just loaded my game to do some play for the next 30 Grandchildren video.

Happy Simming All.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    Morgue's morgue smile and strange pose
    7VWRRH.jpg

Horror-cute killer ghost!
    7Vf9oT.jpg
    7VWxLq.jpg
    7VfpwV.jpg
    7VfSe0.jpg
    7VWvyn.jpg
    7VfPFU.jpg
    7VfiYF.jpg
    7VfFW4.jpg
    7VfASJ.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    @bekkasan Haha, I would be very surprised if any of The Sims developers went to school with me! Though what I have studied relies heavily on computers and even includes a bit of coding, it is very different from game creation, and I'm not from the U.S. either. ;) :P But if the game content is anything to go by, the developers lived in a world with plenty of juice, naked people running around, missing professors, alien abductions and students peeing themselves after class.. just a normal day!

Oh, it is cool that you like my university sims. I have big hopes for this couple, but I give them a lot of free will to run the course by themselves. ;)

Oh, King Tyler is riding a unicorn. Of course he is! ;) I have seen a few unicorns in my game, but none of my sims have. They're not even sure of their existance. ;) The island world looks very nice of course, and it has a varied cast of characters. I second the comment about the aliens not being so alien-y, but looking more like people in various forms only with different skin.

@Brandontaylor Haha, thanks. Yeah, everyone probably dreams of money, it is very important after all... ;)

Hehe, Dwight will be a master of both worlds then, brains and brawns. ;)
    Its so unusual to see snow in Sunset Valley... :P

Happy birthday to all the birthday people. Evan looks so unhappy in his after age-up picture. :P

Haha, chess, well I know the rules, but I'm not much of a strategist. Chess would take a lot of time and effort to master, all the strategies and different openings etc... Its a fascinating game, I just never bothered. :P

Sheena? Is she a punk rocker? ;P

I remember Bob Saget from watching Americas Funniest Home Videos maaany years ago. For some reason we used to watch that, though slapstick humor was never my cup of tea usually..

Funny that a family in Norway would sit and watch American home videos! And here I am, playing an American game, posting on an American forum.... Darn this cultural imperialism! ;)

The Ramones - Sheena is a punk rocker
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    Sad news, Bob Saget aka Danny Tanner (Full House, Fuller House) has passed away. We just lost Betty White, now we lost Bob. 😢

@Brandontaylor, yes, it's very sad news about Bob. I loved watching Full House back in the day.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Hi, guys. :smile: I don't think I mentioned it in this thread, but I adopted a kitty! Her name is Peach and she's 8 months old. :3
    32bnrIi.jpg

@Emily4331 - She's beautiful. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer She is adorable, Peach is so beautiful, looks like a love bug. just want to take her hug her to death. She is a gift from God.
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer How many kids do they have between them all now?
    Now I want to see who makes it and who doesn't.
    Good idea, it stinks when you lose all your progress due to not saving enough.

@Shadow_Assassin Great pictures of your Sims!

@Sprottenham You're welcome.
    Yep, he will be. Still want to get him to do the skill challenges for those skills.
    Yeah, it's one place that seems like it shouldn't have any snow. However, I like having all four seasons.
    I barely even know the rules of chess.
    I'm not sure what Sheena does for a living. However, she is basically the spitting image of her mother.
    It's been a couple decades since he was host, but I remember it well. I believe the current host of AFV is Alfonso Ribiero (aka Carlton Banks from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air). Think there was a few in between, some Tom was one.
    I think it's cool how the world can share things with each other, moreso than in past decades/centuries.

@lisasc360 Me too. AFV and Full House were the shows that introduced me to him.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @bekkasan
    I found it!
    It came with the Summer Days Set by RStarsims.
    I found it by opening up my .package files with s3pe and then searching the name
    https://rstarsims3.tumblr.com/post/659153363001311232/summer-days-collection-ts3-followers-gift

Download the set:https://www.mediafire.com/file/iu6kbz1iew72xqc/[RStar]SummerDays_Clothing.rar/file
    Post edited by GraceyManor on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top