Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comment. Ah, it was nice to see Daisy getting married. ;) Melanies death seemed a little sudden (even though it probably wasn't), so it is understandable that Dwight wanted to bring her back. What an uncomfortable way for their relationship to end, without settling the dispute. Anyway, I enjoyed your updates it is nice to see them.

@bekkasan Oh, that's a cool idea for a story. To bad there had been a war between the supernaturals and the humans (and aliens?), but now hopefully they should find a way to live in peace... you even got Mr. Helmquist in there, that's very cool! :D

~~~

Ah, this will be my first post and update in this thread since New Years.. there was a bit of work, and afterwards I got lazy, so not to much time spent on The Sims stuff, but.. here is my next update.. also, I finally went and merged my .packages custom content with CC Magic, and it greatly reduced lag! My cc amount is embarrassingly low probably to many others here, but it was spread over many different files, and merging them helped noticeably. Good stuff!

----

Chapter 16.3 – Sunset Valley September 2022 – Ingrid and her aunt walk into a bar fine establishment...

Some images in this update has been slightly edited, and is not necessarily representative of how it looks like in game.

ODPiVgn.jpg
    September is here again, and Ingrid wakes up from her sweet slumber of dreaming about money and books... and herself....and I see she has the same big nose as her aunt Helene... :P

Zhej8Gl.jpg
    The snobby Ingrid has to do her morning routine and check her appearance in the mirror, before she makes her favorite pancakes for breakfast.

2nl6xnv.png
    Hurry up and eat, the carpool car is here. ;) The weather outdside wasn't so good, with a hailstorm passing over town.. yup, autumn is here now.. For the subtropical town of Sunset Valley, september is typically the peak of bad weather season....

dR93VgO.jpg
    Best to run quickly into the town hall when the weather is this bad! Is that a hailstone or a meteorite? :P Must be some serious convection going on...

Eb3qne6.jpg
    With Ingrid at work, I take a peak into her mother Kathrines parents house to check up on her other set of grandparents. I find them smooching in the hallway.... Egil and Frida Kråkesen is still in love with each other after all these years..
    CYAARjj.jpg
    And this could possibly be where the big nose comes from. ;)

cFyISGT.jpg
    Or maybe this is where.. looks like I have "unconciously" made a lot of sims with very big noses! Well, these elders are the first sims I made for this game, and I do remember struggling in particular with the noses and getting them right, so.... and somehow I never realized they were this monstrously huge!

LEXaCdd.jpg
    Ingrids grandmother Frida is a bookworm and former professional athlete. Her life time wish was to have the perfect garden. The omni plants at the center of her garden are her most valued plants.
    Her grandfather Egil is the founder and retired CEO of the TelComNor foundation (English: Doo Peas Corporate Tower).
    Ingrids mother Kathrine is at work at the hospital, and her younger brother Morten is at school, but dad Jonathan is home! Playing computer games...

xSmk0jt.jpg

...and whoops, then a message pops out saying the town got a new resident! A young little girl called Emmy Reppe! Kristina and Inge got a new baby sister!

UCKmsIk.jpg

aj99eKm.png

After giving birth, Iselin walks upstairs to Jarle, who is standing next to the ping pong table as if she wants to show him the new baby, but he passes her on the way down, apparently not caring about his newborn girl....

ccZZArA.jpg

Iselin puts Emmy nto the crib that was generously donated to the family by the town council and meets her husband in the hallways where they immediately begin flirting with each other, and for a while I suspect they might have plans for making another one... :P

Update continues in spoiler:
    7f2i77T.png

Well, not really, because eventually they walk their separate ways to read each their book..

hyauTHg.png

---

9NLRdLQ.jpg
    New sim: Emmy Reppe.
    Biological Parents: Jarle Reppe, Iselin Reppe.
    Personality traits: Good, heavy sleeper.
    Siblings: Inge Reppe, Kristina Reppe.

AhS9xJG.png

Ranveig returned home from her workplace at "The Sunset Valley Gazette" early to spend the rest of the day writing news articles from home, but first she decided to vent her frustration at their new computer system by kicking over the pink flamingo decoration in her garden...

RsuffCe.jpg

q9VXyqc.jpg

Jarle and Iselin are naturally both super tuned on to their newborn little girl and her needs... Jarle puts down his book to make sure that little Emmy is properly fed.

9VUPO2a.jpg

Then he puts her in the crib and Iselin picks her right back up for another round of feeding.. something tells me she won't stay hungry for long in that house. :P

a9OO5QH.jpg

DO3AKTu.jpg

Kristina is home from school and engeages her mother in the university slogan dance thing again, before its off to her new job at the grocery store.

DVIcnze.png

Kristina has become a big girl now, and can make her own money. ;) But what about the homework... guess you're gonna have to do that right before bedtime!

W5FdE5r.png

Ingrid has returned home from work, and still wants to hang out with her aunt Helene, and since it's Saturday night she invites her over to the Club V.I.P. Exclusif to hang out.

L9AR0oA.png

"Looks like we picked the hot spot for the night" Helene says "This place makes me feel like a winner."

vvnG6SC.png

Ingrid: Yes, it's good to go to a place that is a little pricey, to keep the average person out...

hQUD41Z.jpg

Helene then asks Ingrid about her political career, and that is a perfect opportunity for Ingrid to talk to her aunt about the most important thing in the world; herself... not so covertly boasting of course...

4vPxFR9.png

It fulfills Ingrids wish of doing so, but Helene is not to impressed..

kZCDC1I.png

Helene: Its raining cats and dogs out here, lets get inside...

9NbIBZM.jpg

This place is perfect for snobs, it's got plenty of red carpets, mirrors and the most excuisite of furniture! ;)

pPSjo60.jpg

They go downstairs to the lowest floor where Helene has a drink and converses with the bartender, and Ingrid goes to practice tricks on one of the pool tables.

qZVSZua.jpg

Helene goes to practice another pool trick with a garden gnome on the second pool table. Both of them really enjoy the fine surroundings.. when was the last time you went to a club that had its own fountain inside? ;)

jNqTclz.jpg

After practicing pool with varying degrees of luck, they go up one floor to the dance area for another drink and discussing the philosophies of social class and Schmarl Barks.. Helene in particular opposes anything to do with Barksist theory and what she labels as "communism", something she learned from her father... and it is Helene, and Ingrids grandparents, that are most responsible for bringing these ideas onto Ingrid. Ingrids parents, Kathrine and Jonathan, are not really that snobbish at all...

RJfdLjN.jpg

And speaking of family, Ingrids grandparents, Egil and Frida have now entered to club and are slow dancing with each other. This fine establishment is also the perfect spot for Frida, a celebrity in town and a retired professional athlete, and Egil a retired CEO of a mega corporation.

jCo5Z4D.jpg

Helene walks through the hallway on the lowest floor with a drink thinking about one of her favorite things in life. Ingrid has gone upstairs to the entrance area to find Mikael and Holly also slow dancing.

iDvHvct.jpg

And it becomes clear who she is attracted too.. She wants to talk the Mikael and has the action queued up, but he is busy dancing with his Holly and probably hasn't even noticed she is there...

SiiwnHd.jpg

Ingrid stands there watching Holly and Mikael dancing for a good while. Socially awkward much?

cFAmDwL.jpg

Ingrid: Hey! I heard that!

Whoa.... and just as I was thinking the above... uncanny... Ingrid is one of those rare sims (atleast for me..) that actually turns around and looks in my direction! :O And its always that look...

KwzuAsE.jpg

Ingrid doesn't give up however, she continues the self torture by watching them dance... in a way I admire you for your patience, Ingrid, but I think you're out of luck here... Mikael seems to want only his Holly...

Zm7Za8n.jpg

Ingrid: But just standing near him brings me such intense joy, I can't do anything else...

UONaihb.jpg

Ingrid: I can see the wedding ring on my finger already!

Oh boy...

p2pn1pV.jpg

Ingrid: And our honeymoon is going to be so great! We're going to spend it in Mubai to dine at the finest restaurants available, ride camels in the desert, and enjoy the view of the city from our top floor suite, private swimming pool included, while making love all night... oh, I can't wait...

Snap out of it, please...

Three weeks later...

AaCGZaB.jpg

Ingrid: Oh, he is just so handsome... I have never felt such a pull before.. he's going to be mine, there is no other way...

K3AplXx.jpg

Well, after a while she finally gives up, at least temporarily, to go down one floor and order another drink...

Ingrid:
    Give me the strongest, most expensive thing you've got....

AvQyR7L.jpg

Frida has joined Helene to practice pool in the pool lounge on the bottom floor.

w5MqoOg.jpg

V.I.P Club Exclusif as it looks from the outside. There are two bars outside, one on the top floor and one on the entrance floor, and two bars inside, one in the elongated dance area just below the entrance and another on the bottom floor by the toilets and the pool table room. Outside the dance area is a chill area outside with a little bit of a garden and some chess tables. This is an early build of mine, made with only base game content (originally). The only thing added are the bars with bartenders. It was all self-service in the beginning. ;)

UceDb12.jpg

Holly and Mikael have finally quit dancing too, and she has gone to order a drink alongside Ine Melhus. Ine Melhus was the girlfriend of Asgeir Karlsen (Ingrids grandfather from her fathers side) for a short while when he was still grieving the troublesome divorce from Lucie, but he ended it before it had lasted a year.. she was a fine lover for a while, but a grown woman playing with kids toys is not (second) wife material... was his conclusion...
    Holly is happy to see Frida there. Its always cool to spot a celebrity.

YovC6r8.jpg

Ingrid is enjoying another drink on the small balcony by the stairs leading up to the top bar. "I want to be a celebrity too, one day.. like my grandma.. I am hoping my political career will bring me there.. or maybe I should be a movie star.."

STWxuJY.jpg

"..but I think I will stick to politics for now" she thinks as she runs inside for another drink. "In any case, I need to improve my skills in charisma.. maybe I should read a book or find a course..."

OIK7J14.jpg

Mikael is at the bar too, now, alongside her grandmother. Ingrid doesn't look at him this time, though, but she has certainly noticed his presence and feels attracted.

IKM2BcH.jpg

Frida has had a few drinks by now, and starts getting emotional and sentimental. "Oh, it is so nice to see you Ingrid, and how you have grown into such a fine young woman! I remember when you were just a tiny little tot and when I was your "Ganma"! And how you would always pull my skirt and ask for "Stawbellies with red" because you were "hungey" !"
    Ingrid feels a little embarrassed by her grandma and pretends not to hear.

UT6gt23.jpg

Ingrid orders one last drink by the bar before she begins to think its bedtime. Frida is still pretty athletic and has began to think about her workout routine. "I want to get pumped again, that after workout feeling is my favorite feeling in the world."

CWA92cf.jpg

Helene has already been at home and in bed for some time after finishing a meal by the top bar, and finally Ingrid also decides to head home.

p6NfqZE.jpg

Once home she takes a bath in her now expanded bathroom to fit both the washer and tumble drier.

XV6yuP3.jpg

(The camera angle is lying here, it is not that big, but it was the only way to get all of it in one picture without going into birds eye view. Take not of this way of taking pictures, Ingrid, if you ever want to sell your house... "A newly upgraded and highly spatious bathroom....")

Nw3VLqJ.jpg

Well, speaking of birds eye view, here it is anyway. This is what Ingrids house now looks like as she goes to bed. The bathroom wasn't expanded by to much, only 2 by four squares, excactly what was needed for the washer and the tumble drier. I wonder how long it will take for her to wish for another, more silent washer, as it is now located on the same wall as her tv...

l4LfqrJ.jpg

Goodnight. ;)
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    My sim was at work and I got a notification that there was an unwanted guest at her apartment...
    kItixem.png

She made her way to the back of the apartment, passing up some things I was sure would be stolen: expensive paintings, a nice coffee maker, a laptop...
    C6CnImI.png

...but no, she went to the bathroom of all places and stole the BATHTUB. I thought this was ironic because my sim is a hydrophobe so every-time she takes a bath she cries, lol.
    mjO1zxW.png

The thief was about to make her exit but look who came to the rescue, my sims cat, Fah-zee!
    1f0GLfk.png

Or so I thought...
    dWetUfr.png

So much for you guarding the house while you owner's at work. :eyeroll:
    o8Fgy22.png
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I work the next three days so won’t be on much. I may post updates when I get home tomorrow night.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Haven't been playing recently due to the Transfer Window, so far, my team hasn't signed anyone, and one of our former players could be returning to the Premier League (Albeit to Newcastle if Newcastle fail to sign a player from another Premier League team; virtually the entire League wants to sign this player the other Premier League team wants to sell as well); I have been keeping an eye on the Transfer news while I think of what to do next
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @bekkasan Congratulations on becoming a grandma again! I wish your loved one a happy and healthy pregnancy.

I've been dealing with COVID. I'm feeling much better than I did last week. Now it's waiting my quarantine out and hoping to get a negative test because my boss won't let me back to the office without it. *sigh*

I've just started gaming again because I was just too tired to sit at the computer, even though I had my laptop by my bed the whole time.

In my current game, all the kids are teens. One is about to age up to young adult. I'm waiting on his 3 younger sisters to age up and send them all to college at the same time. Once they get their degrees, I'll focus on the one I chose to push the legacy forward and have the other kids live their lives without interference from me. I was sad the other night because some of the long time SV folk had aged up to Elder and were beginning to pass away. Weird how attached you can be to certain characters.

Happy SIMMING everyone!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Rebuilding my bunker because after 80 years underground, I’m sure that my sims have modified and expanded the bunker quite considerably. 🤣.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Rebuilding my bunker because after 80 years underground, I’m sure that my sims have modified and expanded the bunker quite considerably. 🤣.

@Nikkei_Simmer ^Hey, don't forget about the three poor souls who are waiting for a desperate makeover from you. :smirk:;):p:kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Just a sign of life; reactions to comments come later.
    My game somehow ended in the same rut as always. Or, in other words, I have 2 kids (plantsims this time), plus two imaginary friends. All at the kid stage.

So, what's this "sign of life"? Well, it's an image of some gnomes. Yes, gnomes.
    xbcJMKK.jpg
    I guess it's a typical "caption this", because I honestly don't have the slightest idea.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Turjan You might want to ban @Nikkei_Simmer from captioning that picture. :lol:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    My Angel Fairy sim is living in Dragon Valley with her pet baby Dragon. I colored her home with white & gold because she's such an Angel. Also, she's already built up an old car & once it was finished I colored it sky blue with white & gold.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2022
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Turjan You might want to ban @Nikkei_Simmer from captioning that picture. :lol:

I click Awesome if I want a huge LOL button. Plus if I like what I see. Your post got an Awesome.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Writeup time tomorrow, been distracted from writing what I did a few days ago.
    Karritz wrote: »

I click Awesome if I want a huge LOL button. Plus if I like what I see. Your post got an Awesome.

We used to have a LOL react on this forum too.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Writeup time tomorrow, been distracted from writing what I did a few days ago.
    Karritz wrote: »

We used to have a LOL react on this forum too.

I remember it well. But apparently it caused offence if used inappropriately so was removed. I still miss it.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

I have been playing around with Dragon Valley, never really explored that world too much before.
    Riley Cromos met Lorna McCann (I aged her down and gave her a makeover).
    51786802706_087ff7b446_h.jpg
    Lorna moved in with Riley and his daughter Zoe, and since I made all three of them witches they started a herb garden and Zoe stated learning alchemy.
    51806161662_ab7f1e385e_h.jpg
    51807231703_628ea0b88a_h.jpg
    It did not take long for Lorna to become pregnant.
    51807118091_c27efcc6d8_b.jpg
    She really enjoys playing with her magic.
    51806178637_c2bb28bde3_h.jpg
    What?!
    51807231798_93f09b735c_b.jpg
    And I aged Zoe up and gave her a mother so she could have some proper genetics. Her mother lives in town, but Zoe has never met her.
    51806161962_e8f6a35d78_h.jpg

Theodred moved into town and went to see Ava Kelly for a midnight snack and some light flirting.
    51807478774_1ee2e7402d_h.jpg
    He also set his visitor (Jennifer Burb) on fire with a spell. An effective way to get rid of guests once you are finished feeding from them. :p
    51792062239_c937f5f691_h.jpg
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! :smile:

@GraceyManor That's not the right one, but thanks for trying. The one you had on her was not quite so revealing and was cute. I'll have to poke around when I have time. I don't merge in case I want to get rid of something I decide I don't like as much as I thought I did. :lol:
    Congrats to the happy couple.

@Cororon Thanks!

@Brandontaylor Thanks! I love Elvis's version of 'My Way'. Gives me goose bumps. I've heard a few other versions in later years by other artists but I really like his the best.
    I enjoyed the updates. Glad to see Dwight is looking for a new lady. I hope he finds true happiness.
    I kinda think I like the white beard on Harlan.

@Sprottenham Thanks for the comments. Yes, Tyler Helmquist was an awesome gift from @Alexakry.
    I enjoyed seeing the pics from your save. Congrats on the new baby.

@Nikkei_Simmer 80 years! Dag, they are gonna be old and grey and potbellied...unless someone discovered a youth potion! :grin:

@Astro Dag, a bathtub. Burglars are strange! Cute kitty, bad guard.

@MamaSimTee Thanks so much! We are very excited. My side of the family has few girls so this is really exciting.
    I''m sorry to hear about the Covid and hope you don''t have any lingering effects.
    Glad you found some time to play though!

@Karritz I too miss that button.

@ZhakiraP I love seeing what you've done with Lorna.
    Not exactly the most hygienic place to fool around. :lol:
    lol at riding the bike on fire! Great shot.

I like the way this mini castle looks up on the cliff. I'm not sure who will live there yet as the inside is actually quite small. I put a basement under it though in case they need rooms. :lol:
    51807533583_674cd60315_o.jpg

Front view taken from the forest
    51807780984_9eaf192bd1_o.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited January 2022
    @GraceyManor You're welcome. :)
    Edit: OMG! It was for sure one of those issues, not sure which one, but the hair looks perfectly fine away from windows
    and with no full moon
    ^Yeah it's definitely the windows issue. Cause I don't have a full moon going on and if my sims are standing in front of windows the hair will still become transparent. I've noticed it's the tips of hair particularly on a lot of cc hairs that goes transparent, like with Harvey's hairstyle here...
    Harvey-window-hair.jpg
    Drives me SO batty! :grimace:
    But yeah, just keep your simmies away from windows when you want good story pics and you'll be alright. :blush:
    I did merge all my cc once - and the game loaded fast - and then I realized there was some stuff I didn't want anymore so I had to go back to my backup save files of all my cc, find it, get rid of it, and merge my cc all over again. It was too much of a pain, so I don't do it anymore. Cause yeah sometimes I tire of certain pieces of cc and just want to be able to remove it quickly from my game and be done. :)

@Emily4331
    I haven't had any issue with Ifca's stuff, no. Though I also don't think I ever downloaded the hair you're talking about, so maybe the issue was at least just for that one hairstyle.
    ^I sure hope so. Beautiful hairstyle that gives a medieval vibe. Here's the link to it if you're curious or would like to test it out:
    https://ifcasims.tumblr.com/post/146613806674/newsea-dracarys-cas-thumbnail-mesh-by-newsea
    Cause yeah I put it on Abigail's mom, Caroline, during a flashback in my story and I had NO other cc on her and when I tried to move her into a lot, the game crashed. So the obvious culprit was the hair. Previously I put a cc necklace on the Wizard and the game crashed sending him into a lot too, but when I removed the necklace I was able to move him into a lot just fine. 🤷‍♀️ It was then that I did some research and Igazor suggested not putting any cc on sims when you're creating them in CAS, but wait until you move them into a lot and then throw them into CAS via MC and add cc that way, because of this known issue. CC is crazy sometimes isn't it? 😵
    Thank you for all that awesome information about merging cc with CC Magic. :star:

@Silverofdreams30
    Now I realized that bekkasan blonde guy is your
    Shane haha :D must been tired when I typed the comment yesterday but he's hot as a blonde!
    ^I was gonna say, "Guuuuuurrrl you don't recognize him!?" :lol:;):kissing_heart: You're okay. I miss many things when I'm tired and brain-dead too.
    I want to see that "Return to Hogwarts" documentary. I'm just wondering if there's a way to view it if you don't have cable TV and you don't want to pay to stream it. :p

@bekkasan
    Surprise announcement! I've known since early November that I was gonna be a grandma again. Just found out last night the baby is a girl. We are all super excited.
    CONGRATS! I couldn't help saying it again. :mrgreen: SO excited for you! You're a wonderful grandma! <3
    I can understand not wanting a bright blue sky when you're going for a more supernatural look in a world.
    I took the picture zoomed out in map view just like when you want to see fireworks, just zoom. oh, use the tab button to open the view also.
    ^Duh! 🤦‍♀️
    Did you say you can't find that plantsim skin anymore? I may have to hunt for it. :p
    I think that adding the love hearts is natural when I type his name. Shane :love: See, I can't type his name without adding it. :lol:
    ^Hee hee. :blush: I love it. <3
    I can't wait to read more of Mary's story when you have the time. :kissing_heart:
    That's a breathtaking photo. :love:
    Turjan You might want to ban Nikkei_Simmer from captioning that picture. :lol:
    ^LOL! Right!? :joy:
    Pretty castle on the hill. :) I would've probably added basement bedrooms too.
    I miss the LOL button too.....
    Oh hey, here's some search results for "denim top" on TSR to get you started on finding what was on Gracey's character, and maybe even more cute stuff. You're welcome. :mrgreen:;):p
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims3/search/denim top/

@Cororon
    Sorry for the spider discussion all! :lol:
    ^Apology NOT accepted! :worried: I've been curling up in the fetal position here.........

j/k ;):kissing_heart: Seriously though...I hate spiders. With a passion. They freak me out. Hubby thinks the jumping spiders are cute too. :p
    Nice new signature pic. :smirk::star: Didn't know there were transparent socks out there! :open_mouth:

@Brandontaylor
    Doing a quick check, looks like from page 1 to 1000, it took about a year. From 1000 to 2000, about 11 months. 2000 to 3000 took 10 months. Then from 3000 to 4000, it took a year. It appears we have 8 months left to stay on a similar trend.
    ^Dang boy, that was awesome! :star: Very insightful. Yeah pages 2000 to 3000 were when the thread was in its heyday and in some ways I miss it, others I don't. It was VERY difficult to keep up with all the posts back then..... :( And you know me, I like to give really sincere comments, but I was typing out comments for more than an hour back then and I had to learn to cut way back. Which was hard because I just love conversing with y'all so much. <3 Anyway.
    Is it just me or does Quinton seem to be having issues with a lot of people lately? :confused: I'm glad things are settling down for the family for the most part. ;)
    I'm waiting for Harlan and Daisy to have a baby. :blush: And if it will be a plantsim or a normal sim.

@lisasc360 You know, the sugar free stuff has moved up in the world in flavor and I'm so glad. :) My husband also has diabetes (his autoimmune disorder triggered it. Not like he needed to have anything more wrong with him. :pensive: )

@Sprottenham *Waves* :) Enjoyed your post.

@MamaSimTee Sorry you've been "down with the sickness." ;):p I swear I got it over Christmas break from hubby, who got it from someone at work. But when I finally got tested, it was too late cause I was in recovery and it came back Negative. Worst 'cold' I've had EVER! :confounded: Feel better soon. <3

@Turjan LOL at that gnome picture. :lol: I got nothing...I used to be good at captioning images, but I've lost that talent somehow. Hubby's so much better at it that I am. :p

@Karritz I too miss the LOL button on here...But of course the snowflakes had to put up a stink about it because no one has a backbone these days... (Sorry... :grimace: )

@ZhakiraP I've never played in DV either. One more thing to add to my list of things to do in the game. :blush:
    Jennifer riding away with her butt on fire! :joy:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2022
    With a summons like that...who can resist. :D:mrgreen:
    Turjan wrote: »
    So, what's this "sign of life"? Well, it's an image of some gnomes. Yes, gnomes.
    xbcJMKK.jpg
    I guess it's a typical "caption this", because I honestly don't have the slightest idea.

~evil smirk~

Gnome 1: "You gotta see that sculpture from this angle..."
    Gnome 2: "I can't see anything"

@Nikkei_Simmer 80 years! Dag, they are gonna be old and grey and potbellied...unless someone discovered a youth potion! :grin:

Yup...there's been hints towards that. :D

...congratulations to you and to the mother on the birth of the newest little addition to the family.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I was messing around with the world file for Bridgeport and found out how to change the sea water refraction (how ripply the water looks). I was never a fan of how ripply the water was and changed it to be more crisp and clear. I love how it looks now!
    aBkjElr.png
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I had plans to do some longer gameplay recently, but I haven't had the time, so here's a minor update. Still getting some ideas of what to do soon!

Ashes recently had a wish to study potion crafting, the difficult thing in a house like this is making room for it. But I found a section on the landing I could tuck it away for her use.
    TYtTG8T.jpeg

Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to notice the old Ashes emerging whenever she's been ghosted.
    N7eoKK4.jpeg

Noticing some people running by here. It's a nice change from the big city where you rarely see it happen.
    YmCP5sj.jpeg

Great, now the Ghosts have Ghosts.
    Ln2i8lV.jpeg

Oh that's it buddy.
    fFmeFic.jpeg

Honestly. Bumble always did strike out as a bit of a... Unlikeable ghost before now.
    7zvx6EZ.jpeg

That's justified it though, he gets to live his death again.
    WMOWpom.jpeg

Wordy still running down the street. I wonder what in life he's running from.ULxuXp8.jpeg

I suppose the similarity to how he died had him having daymares or something seeing he went to get a drink, and still didn't want to return to his urn. Least that gave Eliza a chance to drop a comment. I'll assume she said something like this.
    "Go enter a pool with the ladders being taken out"
    QgQ5HsH.jpeg

On the outside the Bumble may be smiling, but on the inside I can see he wishes he could just fade away, forever.
    WANaJmt.jpeg

I think Ashes was just breaking the fourth wall here and wanted to call out about letting trash wander her house every night.
    q060DWR.jpeg

Frog-Hamming sighted still being a frog.
    hsDg1Kh.jpeg
    L9q8VGi.png
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    So sad in my game. The teens were having a costume party for Spooky day. It was also the 3 girls' birthday. Their Mom died! She is the founder of the family. I felt so bad for my SIMS. But not too bad, because I sent the oldest son and the 3 girls off to Uni. I had them move into their own house. I have plans for at least one of them, the other 3 are pretty much on their own. I usually have to control everyone, but way too many SIMS to manage for me, so I just took a deep breath and let them go. I figured as long as I keep them from dying, we're good. LOL

I am feeling better. At home, I finally took down the holiday decorations. Now it looks boring. We're also trying to make a plan to deep clean everything since we've been sick. Both Hubs and my energy wanes after doing too much, so we tackle small things. It'll get done, just not overnight.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

I Sent you a pm on Fb with examples how you can look for it.
    @ZhakiraP

Great update, she look great aged down,
    congrats to her pregnancy.

@MamaSimTee

Good you are feeling better * virtual hugs*
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

@emorrill,
    @lisasc360 You know, the sugar free stuff has moved up in the world in flavor and I'm so glad. :) My husband also has diabetes (his autoimmune disorder triggered it. Not like he needed to have anything more wrong with him. :pensive: )
    It sure has. I remember sugar-free foods used to be so bland tasting that it was so yucky to eat but nowadays it taste better than years ago. I used to be one that would love sugary foods and putting way too much sugar in cereals and drinks but ever since we have stopped buy a bag or canister of sugar for me, sugary foods just doesn't agree with me anymore. When I used to work at the warehouse that I was at years ago and when someone brought in a birthday cake for me, I was glad when others finished eating it up so that I didn't have to take it home with me to have for later. Unfortunately for my hubby, diabetes runs on his mother's side of the family. That's terrible that your hubby had his autoimmune disorder that brought it on.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

@emorrill My little pony sims? You really CAN do anything with this game. :D

@bekkasan What a nice house. It looks really good, like the idea of a basement.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you. How´s Morgana´s pregnancy coming along?

@Brandontaylor Great update of your Langerak family, always a pleasure catching up. :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
    @ZhakiraP

I have not played that save again yet
    Busy fixing with s2 of my normal story. Game crashed yd so have deleted tons of cc, from 18 gb down to 12 so far ugh.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top