Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer I used to love playing my singing monsters & getting the different beats going :) love your avi!
    @PalmArrow I popped a note on EA joz's wall on your thread that was closed :#
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I just created a thread for my Praaven story, took for every to copy and paste.XD
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @bekkasan I think, trying to reproduce the save made me tired. I think I try to bring that back every year and the year I managed to do it, I gave up because it was too fast and I felt I wish I had spent more time with Yvaine as a kid. That's why nowadays I only play in long, because I know it'll be better for my mental health.

@Silverofdreams30 What a great day at the park!
    All of your sims are gorgeous!

@PalmArrow I check that thread for the first time this week! I didn't know it had been closed. :-/ Can't you contact the moderation to try to open it? I was thinking of posting something there even if they were silly or normal. I hope you can do it! *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    "Someone said they heard a strange sound coming from the stalls." Jacob said."Probably one
    of the horses Jacob." The king noted."The townsfolk were certain it wasn't a horse." "Well, man? Go
    in and look."

Screenshot-36.jpg
    "There was nothing in there, Your majesty." Edward sighed."It was most likely the horse...wait,
    there's a sound coming from around the corner.Shh, follow me."

Screenshot-37.jpg
    I hope no one spots me over here. Eleana thought to herself,
    trying to stay out of sight.She had to spend the night in the barn,
    as she wasn't able to escape on foot, being the innovative girl that she was,
    she had stowed some spare clothing in a bag, and dressed in the morning.
    Sadly, she lacked shoes now."Eleana?" Edward said as he approached the maiden.

Screenshot-38.jpg
    "Oh, your majesty.Good day.How are you?" "Good morning, Eleana. I'm as good
    as I can be.I didn't mean to startle you." "Its quite alright, I was just thinking."

Screenshot-39.jpg
    The king looked down and noticed Eleana's lack of footwear."Eleana, where
    are your shoes?" He asked curiously.

Screenshot-40.jpg
    "That's a funny story....I lost them..." "Oh?" His interest was piqued."How so?"
    "See, I was out riding maiden the other night...that's right, riding maiden, and She
    threw me and I fell into a river, and my shoes got soaked.And they were beyond
    repair, so I took them home and got rid of them." "Oh?" He said rather disappointingly.

Screenshot-41.jpg
    "You've been wandering around town with no shoes? That's a little unsafe, don't you think?"
    "Oh, I'm quite alright.I'm used to it."

Screenshot-43.jpg
    "Eleana has no shoes." Jacob said."I know, Jacob." "Why? That is is so odd." "She
    lost them while she was riding Maiden." "Oh...That's even more bizarre."

Screenshot-44.jpg
    Eleana appeared out of the well, apparently she decided to go diving."My lady! You
    startled me." Jacob exclaimed."I do apologize.I was just taking a swim." "In your clothing...?"
    "Of course, this isn't the first time I've done it.And probably not my last." "What...What was that?"
    Edward asked."Oh,nothing.Maiden is waiting for me, I fear my take my leave.Good day, your majesty.
    Sir knight." "Good day, Eleana." Jacob said.
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @GraceyManor Glad Eleana finally heard our concern about her horse. :p
    You'd think the King would recognise her voice though. Or maybe I just like giving him a hard time. :lol:
    This definitely is like the original Cinderella fairytale, since in the original version, I remember there being some sticky substance on the stairs and that was why she had to leave her shoe(s) behind. Hopefully the King will be able to find her now with this clue, but something tells me that Sarah is going to try and ruin that.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! I used to cheat too, up until I found that mod that allows for faster toddler skilling.
    I wish more people had shown up at the beach, but no such luck.
    Same! My sims never get them when they're single, but the minute they get into a relationship with someone, those calls come non-stop and usually at the worst times.
    Maybe! ;)

@thuggishsplicer Nice update!
    Usually when a certain save starts lagging way too much for me to handle or I get a lot of script errors, or even more crashes than usual, that's when I porter everyone over to a new save.
    Nice names for the horses! :)

@bekkasan Thanks for the comment! :)
    Mariella is among the cutest toddlers I've had in my game. :)
    They scratch each other's itches. :lol:
    They are taking it a little slow.
    I do, but for some reason, Rei and Luca keep using Camilla's bed. In a later update, the family ends up moving into a proper house and Mariella gets a big enough room to have a double bed. I assign everyone's beds, but the adults still use her bed to woohoo. So, I don't think claiming beds works when it comes to woohooing.
    You'll have to find out next update. :)

@Silverofdreams30 Very nice update!
    Festival food can be very good. :)
    Awww, poor Jade.
    Nice save, Max!

@PalmArrow I think it was closed down because one post was from August 2019 and then dead for almost six months before being posted in again. Personally, I think that since it hadn't even been a year, it shouldn't have counted as necroposting, but I guess the mods here feel differently? It is pretty annoying, I have to admit. I've seen other threads that have been inactive for as long as that, then people come back and post again, and they don't get shut down.
    I hope you're able to talk to one of the mods about getting it reopened. Imo, I think a thread should only be shut down for necroposting if it's a number of years old.

@GraceyManor Something tells me Jacob might suspect Eleana a little bit.
    Come on, Edward! She looks just like the maiden that's been at your ball three nights in a row. :lol: Maybe if she puts on one of her masks in front of him, he would recognise her?
    It's frustrating, but I can't stop reading. :joy:
  • Options
    @LunBeauty lol 😛 I’m trying not to rush this story.Sorry it’s frustrating you 🤓
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I found Yasmine digging through old saved sims folders and decided to dress her up and take some pics. :3

ER1dMMU.png

8xKlwrs.png

rXiZaVj.png

All so fancy and fierce...and then she pulls this face. :lol:
    UBt2SGL.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @LunBeauty

Yeah,
    it's annoying once they are in a relationship sigh.

@Emily4331

Great looking sim

@PalmArrow

Sorry your thread got closed, hope they can open
    again.

@GraceyManor

Lovely update

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@GraceyManor I guess running a laundry is fairly prosperous business. :smiley:
    Glad she was smart enough to bring an outfit, but no shoes to wear with it. lol
    She really needs to make up better stories than that.
    Edward sure is gullible if he believes that.
    um, why did she suddenly appear out of the well? oh, nevermind, she went swimming in the well. I think the girl has got some issues! :lol:
    The King certainly looks very confused in the picture he is talking to Jacob. :grin:
    Jacob's face is my face, full of confusion for her antics. :wink:
    She is getting very tangled in her tall tales. I expect soon to see her nose grow like Pinocchio's.
    Nice that you made a thread for the story.
    Looking forward to seeing what she does next.

@Silverofdreams30 That was sweet of Max to win a prize for Jade. Great capture of her disappointment picture.

@Nikkei_Simmer The would make some great mutations! She does have some monsters on her site from a few of the other games that she converted.
    lol at his resistance to jogging. I do understand.

@thuggishsplicer I prefer playing long as well and even with the the long spans I choose I still often hit that pause aging button. :lol:

@Emily4331 Wow, gorgeous pics of Yasmine!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Morning, afternoon or evening. :smiley: I've been working on this update since Saturday. I hope it makes sense. I started feeling bad Saturday afternoon and Sunday developed a full blown chest cold with fever's and chills. Sheesh! I hope it makes sense considering the meds I've taken and the tiny bit of rum (don't have whiskey) I've taken to help with the coughing spasms. Got MD appt later today. Please let me know if you see anything really obvious that I should fix. I've read over it so many times it is all blurring together so just gonna post it. I know a few of you are anxious to find out what is in the room.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Adam and Marshall do not sense any potential traps in the chamber before them. "Is this what I think it is?" Adam questions Rafe.
    "If you believe it is a dragon nesting ground you would be right." Rafe looks at all the precious eggs that are visible, and wonders how many may be covered up in the sands. "Victor should witness this. He is the most knowledgeable about the mighty dragons."
    The group steps into the newly discovered chamber. The warmth from an eternal fire and the flame plants cause the room to feel uncomfortable, as if they walked into a sauna.
    49396489316_05167c0a08_o.jpg
    49396008768_aebc09a1fa_o.jpg

Adam's black dragon, Tymenth starts squawking in his carrier and Adam takes him out of the carrier to try to soothe him. Dedric calls Victor and explains the situation to him. Victor agrees to teleport to Dedric and excuses himself from his conversation with Nickolas. "Dedric, I was preparing to summon you. You should teleport to the living room once I've arrived. I think Wisteria might be in early labor. I've noticed her wince a few times as if she is experiencing contractions."
    Adam sets Tymenth down and he runs eagerly around the sands checking on the visible dragon eggs and scratching at the sands. Adam calls the dragon back to him afraid he might disturb the eggs and rouse all the dragons at one time. He rewards him with a piece of raw meat that he keeps in the carrier. Tymenth devours it and settles on Adam's shoulder.
    49396691762_5f727f3e29_o.jpg
    49396691842_4ddaf9f192_o.jpg
    49396691812_eece28ff23_o.jpg

Victor teleports in and Dedric teleports out. Victor looks about him impressed with the vast nesting area. "I wonder how long they have been down here?" He does not expect an answer. "Dragon eggs can stay dormant for long periods of time. If someone approaches and handles them and speaks to them, it will arouse them from the dormant state. A few days later the dragon will hatch. Hopefully, the one who roused the egg will still be around, and able to feed them and that will start the bonding process. The final step to bonding is to name the dragon. The dragon must agree to it, and it should be meaningful. If no one is nearby to bond with it, the dragon will leave and find its own source of food. That is not necessarily a good thing. Dragons without bonding masters can go rogue. I learned all this when I was with the council and was assigned to the Dragon force. We had to hunt down rogue dragons. In some cases they were able to bond and were saved. In others, they had to be put down. Elder female dragons are the ones that give birth. A red, green or purple dragon can lay any color of eggs. The black dragons are a rarity and usually they are not in every nesting. They do not give birth. Dragons have been bonding with humans, elves and others since the beginning of time. They lay their eggs in protected places to prevent just anyone from coming by and picking up a dragon egg. Once in awhile you can discover eggs out in the open where a rogue elder dragon deposited its eggs. The original inhabitants of this property provided protection and people to bond and care for the dragons. Hence the name, Red Dragon Lair. I know Jennifer has undertaken to research the property. Hopefully, the books and scrolls and artifacts here will offer clues as to what might have happened to the protectors and why they abandoned this place.
    49396008583_398009735b_o.jpg

Victor examines the dragon eggs being extra careful to avoid contact with them. His own dragon that he left in Midnight Hollow may not take to kindly to another dragon coming home with him. They do seem viable and since Adam's dragon reacted favorably that is an auspicious sign. Rafe mentions the map room to Victor, and he walks around to it looking at the tapestries and paintings as he goes. The others stay behind looking at the treasures in the nesting room. Rafe asks Autumn and Alice to teleport in to take pictures of the room and artifacts since Dedric had to tend to his wife.
    49396008563_26a5a6d1c9_o.jpg
    49396008528_1fa7a890b0_o.jpg

Victor is immediately drawn to a map of an ancient castle. He knows that castle and it was home to a race of purple dragons in the mountains of Switsimland. He made many journeys during his days on the council to study the dragons there. Two maps on the table are also of places he knows well. Homes to the green and red dragon protectors. He wonders why this property was never on the council radar. He hopes Jennifer can find out. Red Dragons are warrior dragon with their fire ability and the council usually kept a close eye on them and their masters.
    49515787353_3b05b12fbb_o.jpg
    49516306041_dc9f834aba_o.jpg

Dedric teleports into the living room and Wisteria hurries over and hugs him.
    "Are you doing ok? Victor was concerned you might be having contractions."
    "How did he know?" Wisteria looks at Dedric. "Oh, nevermind, he's a vampire I guess they know it all."
    She winces as another contraction starts. "They are not severe. I think we have some time yet."
    Dedric feels her tummy as her womb hardens and begins the process of moving the baby towards birth.
    "Let's get you to our room." Dedric picks her up and carries her out the door while Wisteria is exclaiming. "I can walk, you silly man!"
    49396489131_83bc585d35_o.jpg
    49396489166_2e812e6345_o.jpg

They make it as far as the living room and Wisteria moans and Dedric puts her down. She sits down on the sofa and holds her tummy. Dedric puts his arm around her shoulders and reminds her not to hold her breath, to breath through the contraction. The next contraction makes her stand. "Oof! thats a big one!"
    Gardenia arrives and casts her spell over Dedric and Wisteria and the baby.
    49396008328_5595da2acd_o.jpg
    49396488346_211b0f80d0_o.jpg

Dedric is excited about the baby, and Wisteria is ready to get it over with. The contractions become more frequent and soon Wisteria is feeling that birth is imminent. With one last push Wisteria delivers a beautiful baby boy.
    49396007793_6a7c4ece5d_o.jpg
    49396007713_de4874e848_o.jpg
    49396007533_5417c11b7e_o.jpg

Dedric holds his newborn son with some fear that this tiny, little being is his responsibility. He looks at Wisteria with amazement. "He is beautiful and you are beautiful and I think I'm going to cry." And he does.
    49396487781_d5a14c0a80_o.jpg

It is getting late, and the group in the dragon's nest decided to wait till morning to continue with their explorations. They teleport to the living room and join the others wondering what is going on with Wisteria, Dedric and the baby. Merry distracts Adam by getting his DNA sample and marking the tube carefully, sealing it with his Dad's magical signet ring that he loaned just for that purpose.
    49396007368_73c9c8981b_o.jpg

Dedric and Wisteria walk to the main house to share their joy and son with the family. The entire extended family crowds around to get a glimpse of the newest member. Dedric explains they named him Fillian which means wolf. Even though they are not werewolves they are an integral part of the clan. He is brave from his Dad and friendly. (He will inherit traits from his Mom as he ages as her traits are not available for babies. Finnian has his Mom's hair, Dad's skin and eyes. I peeked in CAS and he is very handsome!)
    49396487606_fa2b779f10_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan He’s not as Gulliable as you think, he’s slowly putting it together.😝
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited February 2020
    @PalmArrow That's Sims3 parties for you. The ends are always a bit weird. Let's see how Marcel will turn out.
    Sorry about the closed thread. Closing one from August last year seems a bit overzealous. Maybe, it was a mistake.

@GraceyManor Wonderful images as always. Let's see how the shoe scene will play out.

@bekkasan I hope you feel better soon. Oh, it's random with benches and chairs? Maybe, I just didn't have enough space in that place.
    A dragon lair! Heh, that's great. And it's funny I didn't think of it, given the statues at the entrance. Finally, we get the DNA sample to wrap up a loose end. Cute baby. It's good that the clothes that sims wear let them through unharmed :smiley:

In my game, a lot of disjointed things happened, but not much really interesting for others to watch. There were lots of birthdays, and here's an image from one of the Koffi families, where Elena grew up to teen. Her daddy seems to be rather enthusiastic, and Elena has a hard time focusing on him.
    gEPVPJi.jpg
    :lol: That's the kitchen in the Alto villa, a very small and cramped space. It's hard to make pics there, too. Elena's mother Angelica was originally a simbot, built by Marcus Stout (my founder) and therefore his "daughter", who was married to Nick Alto at one point in time when she was a simbot (don't ask, that was SP's idea) and inherited the villa. Marcus used a "Potent Cure" and a "Fountain of Youth" elixir on her after she had become a widow.

Connor was collecting a few insanely valuable wishes (two of them yielded 15,000 points each, others around half of that) in his writing career, but he went to the leisure day party. He became best friends with the host, his sister-in-law Carla, another bookworm, and played games with Sam Sekemoto.
    5F2Mez5.jpg
    it1sodH.jpg
    Two of his brothers were also there, as was Sam's father Leighton. But as usual, the game dutifully removed every other family member than the host herself, which I always find weird during parties. Which means his brother who actually lives there was nowhere to be seen. Anyway, Connor had some social contacts and a few brand-new LTR's, and I think I will go on a vacation with the main family next.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I messaged the mod and he reopened my thread, yay! :)

@Turjan, Elena is lovely! I love that curly hairstyle.
    If SP made Nick Alto marry a simbot in your save, does that mean inactive simbots are possible? I was wondering about that, whether it was possible for a simbot to be a part of an inactive household.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @PalmArrow Thanks. It may disappoint you however that I changed her hairstyle (and also the nice dress, because someone else in the family already wears that) :blush: . Here's where she realizes she got her step-sister's spare dress:
    yXHjbnT.jpg
    Regarding simbots (or plumbots), yes, they are okay as inactives in other families. They won't get children, but other than that, the game will just treat them like other inactive sims. It doesn't even check for restrictions (like plumbots having no "office drone" chip). Getting Nick Alto as son-in-law for Marcus amused me to no end (he was the oldest enemy of Marcus). I also used the simbot as family head to get a few teens out of a household.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I've recently added décor to Rachel's study:
    Screenshot-3947.jpg
    Screenshot-3948.jpg
    I also spotted Loveheart Chateau from this angle:
    Screenshot-3950.jpg
    The other thing I did was change the wall covering for the landing:
    Screenshot-3960.jpg
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    *Due to most of you not getting Notifications of my tags anymore, please read to see if you've been tagged. Thanks.* <3

Morning/Evening my friends. :)

Gotta catch up on posts. I've enjoyed reading them all. :blush:

@LunBeauty You have a mod where toddlers can play in the toilet? :lol: Not sure I'd put that one in my game. :p
    Luca standing there shirtless. :love:
    Wow Palmira grew up fast! :flushed:
    Matthew Mango looks much better with that new hairstyle. ;) And I'm loving Rei's new hair too!
    ----
    Aww, Camilla playing with her niece in the ocean. <3
    At least Rei's nightie matches the sheets.
    ^Lol! :lol:
    Ooohhh so Camilla called Matteo huh? :smirk:
    I knew the woohoo would happen between them soon enough. :blush:
    Aww, they confessed their attraction to each other. <3
    ----
    Oh boy, I think Rei is pregnant again. :smirk:
    Camilla was aware of her own stomach feeling strange, but hadn't thrown up. So, she definitely couldn't be pregnant.
    ^ :open_mouth: Does this mean something too?? :grin:
    Nice to hear Mariella is a good toddler. :)
    ----
    Thanks for the wonderful reply comments and the link to Simlicious' site. :kissing_heart:
    Oh so you DID play a little with genetics on Mariella! :lol:

@GraceyManor I wrote out some lengthy comments to you in my last comment post. I hope you saw them. (Hardly anyone gets Notifications of my tags anymore. :( )
    A third ball..This time Eleana decides not to use Maiden...She has heard everyone's concern about him finally noticing the same horse.XD
    ^ *Shakes head* You silly girl! :lol:
    LOVE that coach and I'm wondering if I have it in my Medieval save... 🤔 I wanna say you linked it to me way back when...
    I see the log treadmill in the background! :joy: I still laugh so hard at that!
    Ooooh nice kiss! <3 But why must she keep running? :confounded: Does she not want that action? Let the King find out it's her! She'll be happier and live a better life! :mrgreen:
    Hey she left her shoes! :smiley: (Did I give you the idea? :smirk: ) Love how you set that picture up.
    ----
    So Eleana hung out in the barn overnight because she left her shoes. Silly girl!
    I like her outfit, but my first thought when seeing this pic was how HUGE it makes her "endowments" look! :lol:
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    ^But I guess it's just how ruffled the top is. ;)
    C'mon Edward figure it out already...I know you're a smart man or you wouldn't be King.

@Nikkei_Simmer I've had some rated M woohoo moments in my stories on my blog. :p (Though I mostly try to keep them tame as my mother will sometimes read my stories and...she's a very refined woman so for her benefit I do that. :blush: If I didn't love my mom so much... j/k! :lol: )
    It’s reviews like this that keep me going on that site.
    ^Oh I bet! :star: That was a very kind review and sweet reviews and comments from my readers have kept me going with my writing as well. (You being one of them. <3 Thank you. )
    ----
    Had to also look up medical explanations: how exercise affects oxygenation of muscle tissue to promote healing. Research, research research.
    ^I've been researching medical stuff lately too for my story. :blush: That's what makes us good writers. Doing research! :star:

@Silverofdreams30 I'm feeling MUCH better today. :relieved: Yay! Because I have a few important things to do.
    I do have this phlegm in the back of my throat that refuses to clear! UGH! :confounded: (Praying daughter didn't pass on some of her Bronchitis to me... :( )
    ----
    Hey! It's your nerdy sim! :lol:
    Aww, sweet of Max to catch that future bear from the claw machine for Jade. <3 I swear I could watch that man ALL day! :love:

@thuggishsplicer Hey M! :smiley: Always nice to see you pop in.
    Epona is a gorgeous horse! :love: (Legend of Zelda name for the win! :mrgreen: )
    Oh my goodness I didn't know sim cats could tackle children! :lol: That's kinda adorable. :blush:
    Hope you see this tag. <3

@bekkasan
    emorrill Hope you are feeling better. I'm coughing my head off this morning and feel terrible. I'm not working today :( I don't need to spread this to old folks!
    Well, at least Shane is cute to look at! :lol:
    ^Yes, I'm feeling much better this morning. :) And I'm glad you didn't work yesterday too, I'm just sorry you're still feeling awful after a day off. :( {{{{Hugs}}}} <3
    ----
    Oh yay! You surprised me with another story update again! :smiley:
    Ooooh it leads to a Dragon's Nest! Awesome! :grin: (Love the way you set it up. ;) )
    Is that campfire from Supernatural because I swear I don't have it in my game. :(
    Yay bring in Victor! :mrgreen:<3
    Oh Wisteria is in labor huh? ;)
    Tymenth looks like such a cutie dragon investigating the eggs there. :blush:
    Insightful information about the Dragons and their eggs from Victor. :) And he looks so hot kneeling down there looking all inquisitive. :love:
    Those maps are freaking awesome! :star: I won't burden you with finding them for me so I'll take a look around Murfeel's stuff on the internet. ;)
    "Switsimsland" - I LOVE it! :lol:
    The conversation between Dedric and Wisteria was cute. <3 He's such a caring husband. Those are the best! (I love that he carried her. <3 )
    A baby boy! Awww, he's adorable! And he has Wisteria's hair color. :blush: Fillian is a cute name. (Makes me think of Nathan Fillion. :p ) I would've had no doubt he'd be handsome. ;)
    Loved this chapter SO much! It was very well written! Looking forward to the next one! :smiley:

@PalmArrow I'm sorry your thread got shut down due to inactivity. :( But yay that they brought it back up again! :smiley:

@Emily4331 Yasmine looks fantastic! :star: As your sims always do. :)

@Turjan
    Her daddy seems to be rather enthusiastic, and Elena has a hard time focusing on him.
    ^It would appear so. :lol:
    Connor and Sam look very concentrated and deeply engrossed in whatever game they are playing. :p That's my face when trying to defeat a super hard boss on Final Fantasy! :lol:

Chapter 4 is complete! :smiley: I just need to reread it and put in the final touches and it will be ready to post. I can't WAIT to share it with y'all, it's a fun one! :mrgreen:

Hope y'all have a great day/evening and Happy Simming! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 , well done, Max! Jade seemed so upset she didn't get the teddy.

@imdragonit , thank you for your help with the closed thread! :)

@Emily4331 , Yasmine is beautiful, and that spontaneous face at the end is so cute! :smiley:

@GraceyManor , lol, Edward now has a pair of shoes without a lady, and a lady with no shoes. Will he be able to connect the dots? :)

@bekkasan , how adorable that Tymenth was curious about the dragon eggs. He is excited because he is going to have new friends! The new baby is cute, and you managed to catch the winking moment!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @emorrill I saw your comment but haven’t done my feedback yet.I’ve actually been planning on the shoe scene for quite some time but was trying to do the original version.They actually didn’t kiss, she pulled away before he could do it.
  • Options
    @LunBeauty I adore that 1st pic of Mariella being held up, adorable!
    @thuggishsplicer love your pics of the horses, so pretty :)
    @Silverofdreams30 Jade reminds me of someone but can't put my finger on it. Did you model her after someone particular?
    @GraceyManor Edward, use your brain, for heavens sake!
    @Emily4331 pretty sim :o
    @bekkasan oh boy lady, you had me from the start dragons & babies, what else can you ask for! <3<3<3 it!
    @Turjan I had to laugh at your 2nd pic, reminds me of my son-in-law & grandson gaming ( if one of them was a little guy ) :D
    @emorrill glad to hear you're feeling better, looking forward to the update :)
    @PalmArrow yvw, I think it was stu*pid that they closed it for necro posting when you're the originator of the thread! :s
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @imdragonit

No, I can't model sims after real people, I just play
    around with the cc soldiers I have.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I've recently added décor to Rachel's study:
    Screenshot-3947.jpg
    Working in such a calm and contemplative atmosphere must be delightful.
    j/k
    Keep this up :smile: .

@emorrill RPG's are also my second big love as far as gaming is concerned, next to simulations. I'm looking forward to your next story.

@LunBeauty Looks we are getting to even more additions to the family soon. I hope they will all get along.

@imdragonit Thank you!

@Emily4331 Gorgeous sim and presentation, as always.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited February 2020
    @bekkasan, make sure you get seen (it's good thar you have a doctor’s appt.). Fever and chills along with chest congestion doesn’t sound good. Hoping you feel better soon.

@emorrill - I’ve tried to keep Animal believable in the stories that I’ve written in the JAG fan-fictions.

As a character, I try to not have him overshadow the main characters when it comes to matters of law. In Navair operations, he is head and shoulders above Harm (firstly, he’s never had an interruption to his flying career (until after the events in North Korea) that Harm has had and he is a natural “stick” meaning a lot of flying comes naturally to him). In fact most COs and XOs only have a basic understanding of the UCMJ and what to look for in terms of disciplining their subordinates and that is mainly so that they know in what situations to bring about charges. I've developed a backstory for the character; his experiences colour the way in which he reacts to certain situations. And it has to be believable without descending into the https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DysfunctionalFamily trope. However tropes can be useful in some instances. Losing family members and being left to fend for oneself at any age will leave some wanting to control their own destiny; to overachieve and he falls into that category.

My stories have mostly been grounded in my interest in the military subjects (Thank you, Top Gun and to a lesser effect A Few Good Men and JAG), thus they have to stay true to life in terms of how the military hierarchy works. As a civvie, that involves making sure that I research a ton. Google is my friend as well as half a century of collecting aviation books.
    s-l300.jpg
    This has come in handy on quite a number of occasions in terms of understanding military etiquette.

The aviation sections of my stories are based on preliminary flight characteristics of aircraft and intuiting maneuvers gleaned in flight sims.
    TACTS Range 3, Naval Strike Air Warfare Center, NAS Fallon, NV, Top Gun Class 08-98. First Hop.

"Warhawk 405 to Devil 06, two contacts in the grass." Warhawk 405 was an aircraft flown by a VFA-97 F/A-18C aviator. Devil 06 was a VMFA-232 Red Devils Marine Corps F/A-18D and the F/A-18D was a two seat aircraft – one in front, one in back. So three pairs of eyes were looking back at three pairs of eyes. Even though the aggressors outnumbered the friendlies by one aircraft, there were still the same number of aviators in the air. But of course, the students boresighted.

"Roger that, Warhawk." Major Mike "🐸🐸🐸🐸" DeBoniis, United States Marine Corps aviator (if you please) grinned as he watched the Hornets laying low on the hard-deck. "Make 'em come up and play?" he asked his flight-leader, Lieutenant Commander Chuck "Mange" Manguso.

"That's if they ain't too chicken to come up." Mange replied. Deliberately cueing the TACNET UHF so that the aggressors could hear the taunt. "They're missing the party."

Meanwhile, the aggressors on the other hand kept silent and kept going at level altitude just above the hard-deck. Mange noticed 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and 1st Lieutenant David "Spaz" Spratkowski (his WSO) rocking his wings and peeling off. Curious as to why he was doing that. "Devil O6. where you going? The party hasn't even started yet."

"Hey, boy! Nice to see you. Check six." The NSAWC commander's voice echoed through his helmet comms.

6204025108_d61951b5ac_b.jpg

Mange's eyes grew absolutely huge when he saw a brown tri-colored F-16C Aggressor Viper in his rear-views. He muttered to himself "Where the hell did he come from?" just as the TACTS alarm blared indicating a kill – that he'd been killed to be more precise. Animal had been so far ahead of his wing men who trailed him so far behind they had become a separate flight; the rookie students didn't know what to expect. In the meantime, Animal had gained altitude by going into a full burner climb almost two miles behind the opposing students, pulled over the top at Angels 30 and slotting himself in behind the trailing F/A-18D, taking him out with a TACTS Winder shot. No matter how experienced an aviator they were, they forgot one of the major tenets of air combat. Nothing is as it seems to be. In seeing a pair of juicy Hornets ripe for the kill, they forgot the fact that there could either be a pair in trail or that they were a pair of decoys for a more experienced ace a situation that they could face in Bosnia, Serbia or wherever they were sent to fight. That was going to be a point that Animal was going to stress in debrief.
    Some of this was also gleaning parts of what the NSAWC syllabus would be hitting by means of Google Search.

If there’s something about writing, it’s that it provides new challenges every time one sits down at the keyboard to write or picks up a pen. And I love researching my topics to death.

Heraldry (military decorations and awards has also been a point of interest in my writing. I try to keep the decorations awarded believable by virtue of his rank. Naturally he’s not going to have six sea service ribbons right of the bat).
    B9989907-2A40-49DB-ADA0-65E965C0E0CF.jpeg
    I use images in order to keep what awards my characters that I create have been awarded. Keeping timelines and such other things straight is hard work but well worth the effort. Readers notice accuracy.
    little-kingsfan2005 chapter 5 . May 8, 2018
    I just finished rereading this story and it's still one of my favorite JAG fanfictions out there. Your characters are well-written, your attention to military detail is a lot better than most, and the story itself is quite entertaining. I like that you showed Harm and Mac sticking with their marriage and making it work as they became flag/general officers, and I'm really excited to see Bud make Rear Admiral (especially since he's shown up twice in the last two seasons of NCIS as a Captain commanding the Norfolk Regional Legal Service Office). Keep up the good work!
    And reviews such as this make the time spent doing research worth while.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    To the keep, tis the night of the full moon
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Foul creature, you dare to invade my keep...
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I swear those little squiggles I'm getting on close-ups are driving me batty!
  • Options
    @bekkasan
    Especially when she designs a dress here and there.
    And resells it.To be fair, she didn't expect for her feet
    to get stuck on the staircase, so she didn't prepare for that.
    However, from past evenings she thought she may need some
    dry clothes.Oh what a tangled web she weaves LOL.

I adore the dragon's nest! that is so cool!! It reminds me of Dragon age when
    I was doing the deep roads!! Wisteria's head piece is so pretty and the baby is
    adorable.

@Turjan
    Thanks! She just dropped her shoes in the last update.XD
    Carla is a very pretty sim!

@emorrill
    Don't worry, I saw them.I just haven't had time to do proper feedback, the
    quick responses here and there were done on my lunch break.I'm just now
    getting to sit down.I always check each of your posts.And 95% of the time I get
    the notification.I hope you didn't feel like I was ignoring you.:( When I'm at
    work its hard to write out proper feedback because I'm on a phone, so I just
    quickly respond to the ones I see first.

--Thanks! I tried to recolor her dress to look like Cinderella's gown.
    Yup, the king noticed her for sure.
    I laughed so hard when Roi tilted his head, I just had to capture that photo.XD
    Darkspawn is a creature from a game called Dragon Age, my absolute favorite!
    And there's a charming prince in the game that your character can romance.XD
    Maybe she is or maybe she isn't.XD

I don't know if I linked it or not before, but if I haven't: https://natalia-auditore.tumblr.com/post/156956899419/carriage-diligenza-convers-s3-download-and

She actually hung out in the barn because she didn't think she could run faster than a king or knight on a horse.(Maiden was home).XD
    I think its just a glitch.XD It didn't look like that when I moved positions.lol

@imdragonit
    lol love that comment! XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top