Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Flora and Fauna Legacy: Generation 1

LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
Welcome to the start of my brand new legacy! I hope you all enjoy your time here! While the majority of my other legacies have either been non-recorded or told in observational/commentary format, I've decided to do something a little different and use a more narrative style. No, I don't really have an overall plot set in stone. I mostly use my Sims' wants/wishes and their overall personality to help me tell the story.

The naming theme is very straightforward. All offspring of the heirs/heiresses will be named after various plants and animals, hence the title of the legacy. Hopefully this will give me some fun and unique names for my sims.

I don't have a lot of rules set out just yet, but these are just ones I've made for myself to follow to make things more interesting.
1. No Rabbithole jobs. Sims must join Professions or apply for Self-Employment. I'm doing this so I can better control how they work.
2. No service sims. This includes maids, butlers, repairmen/women, plumbots, servos. Baby-sitters will be allowed if the mother needs to go to the hospital to give birth as I like to have the spouse go with the expectant sims and there's no teen sibling in the household for example. Other than that, I'll try my best to have home births, but sometimes I can't stop my sims from going to the hospital.
3. Pets are allowed to contribute to household funds by finding minerals and minor pets.
4. At least three children must be born per generation. This is to ensure that at least one of the children is a decent mix of both parents and not a full clone of one.
5. Rewards such as Inheritance are allowed. But it may only be used once per generation and only the chosen heir is allowed to purchase it. Sims may purchase the Dusty Old Lamp, but they may not "Wish For More Money". I feel that this gives a bit too much money. They can, however, wish for the genie to be freed and the genie will undergo a process to become fully human and lose all of their magical abilities. They can then be married into the family or move out to start lives of their own and allow Story Progression control everything. As much as I love genies, I only ever use Supernatural sims in either Moonlight Falls or Midnight Hollow.
6. The next generation begins when the chosen heir becomes a Young Adult.
7. Adopted sims are eligible for heirship. They are still considered part of the family and, therefore, deserve a chance.
8. Traits will be chosen in this manner:
Babies will be given rolled 2 random traits if the game doesn't assign them traits on its own.
Children will inherit a trait from their mother. I'll roll 1-5 (or 1-7 if the mother completed a degree and reached a high enough level in a Social group). If the trait conflicts with one the child already has, then I'll roll again.
Teens will inherit a trait from their father. The same rules as above apply.
Adults will inherit a trait of my choosing.
This rule does become obsolete if the Sim ages up badly, prompting the game to choose the trait. I got the idea for this rule from Pleasant Sims Gameplay Rules.
9. Single-parenting is allowed as I want to keep things kind of realistic and I know that committed relationships aren't for everyone. Awhile back, I had a household with a sim who had a one night stand with a sim from another household, which resulted in a baby. But even though the two sims weren't in love, they still chose to live together platonically and worked as co-parents to raise the baby together. I thought it was a fun way to play the household and I wouldn't mind doing that again with this legacy.
10. Not really a rule, persay, but I wanted to keep the number of rules even. The rules may be subject to change as the legacy goes on depending on how the plot goes.

The links to the chapters will be in the next post as this one has already gotten too long.

Comments

• LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Generation One
    Founder: Eve Eden
    Spouse:
    Samantha Eden (nee Grey)
    Chapter One
    Chapter Two
    Chapter Three

Generation Two
    Heir: TBD
    Spouse: TBD