Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you :)
    Isla really did turn out lovely. Ty is always gorgeous.

@king_of_simcity7 Bias! I do remember the days when journalists answered the questions who, what, when, where, and why and didn't insert their own opinions like they do now. You got the facts about situations. Gosh, I'm turning into that old lady who talks about 'remember when' :open_mouth:

@CravenLestat Nice shop!

@Hejix Dag, what a partner for the game to pick for poor George. Well, perhaps he will learn something from her.

@thuggishsplicer I love written word mod. Congrats on him getting the gal!

@Brandontaylor Thanks so much!

@Springfairy556 Thanks for the comments. :)
    lol, Destiny is just full of romance in that update....not! But, glad she wants them to come to the party with her.
    uh oh, trouble is coming and it's name is Leota
    That is a cute expression on his face!
    Cute outfit Destiny is wearing. Shame the townies didn't dress better! :lol:
    I see trouble just came down the stairs. I hope she didn't bolt the doors!

@meerkattime Thanks so much!

@imdragonit lolololol Thanks for the giggle. And do appreciate the thoughts as well!

@Mikezumi Fun family pictures. Love how all of them are looking around in the first two and not settling down and behaving for ya.
    Jaxon is certainly happy about leveling up! He looks like he is dancing. :)
    Thanks for commenting on my new story! :) I had forgot how beautiful ST is and I'm glad I finally remember to take the lighting mod out.
    What a nice fun family outing to fish at the park.
    Nice to see Jay playing in the treehouse.

@MoonandStars83 Nice pic of the lucky couple!

@Charlottesmom You and your stories are missed but do understand the challenge you have set forth for yourself and admire you for sticking to it. I would miss my sims too much and would have to schedule some simming time in the day too! Well, I did that when I worked full time anyway. :)

@coco Thanks so much, we appreciate it!
    That is a gorgeous picture of them playing with the fireworks.
    I love the romantic pictures and they are definitely declaring their love for one another in them!

@LunBeauty I'm happy for you that you found a saved Greyson and are planning a new legacy around him.

@Nikkei_Simmer Thank you and @Featherbelle. Much appreciated.

@all Hubby's fever is better but still not normal yet. He's not even asking when can he come home yet, so I know he still feels bad. :( I'm happy they kept him at local hospital so I don't have to travel to Jax. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and good wishes. We appreciate them so much.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan I remember the days when the BBC actually had decent programs but they cut nearly all of them. Now I do not even own a TV! :open_mouth:

Anyway, a big day today, I cannot say to much but it is about the real 'Messiah' and the big loss that he is about to los at 7pm tonight. Just a shame that I will be at work :unamused:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ahhh I seem to have lost my Save, I added the populated New Warsaw save and somehow my older save is gone sigh. Luckily I have backups from Legacy island 3 save.
    Will see first if it helps to remove that populated save and get my original files back.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sebastian goes splat...
    T8Fzxqu.jpg

I think I might've messed up the page numbers in my last feedback post. Turns out I covered pages 3257-3258 yesterday instead of 3256-3257. So now here's feedback for pages 3259-3260:

@king_of_simcity7 Oh yes, things are indeed getting better and better for Sarah and Darwin! I wonder what it'll mean for the other Messiah supporters if they decide to start a relationship...
    (EDIT: Zut alors! I have missed one!)
    Double standards! It's pretty clear which side the news station supports :angry:
    Love how you captured Hana and Shelly's miffed expressions! :)
    The power of social media knows no bounds, go for it!
    And thank you for your feedback :>

@Mindsimscreate Have fun with your new Sims family! Hope to see pics from you soon :>

@TadOlson Oh, there's frost on the ground already! Good to see Eli and Ami are wrapping up warm!

@LunBeauty Jessica looks amazing in your game! I've never seen True Blood myself, but since she's a Simmified version of a character from the show, it makes total sense for you to mimic what the real Jessica Hamby would wear. I don't really mind her everyday wear, in fact I do think it fits the modern-vampire trope of wanting to blend into human society. She does look cute in her athletic wear with the braided hairstyle :) and I love that leather jacket you chose for her outerwear!

@Silverofdreams30 The weather was hot, but not as hot as Ty! Look at him there on the diving board <3
    Yep, there's always a queue for the diving board :tongue:
    Awesome dive by Alex, I love when Sims do that one!
    Yes Aurora, you cook, and you invent, and you dance! You go girl :tongue:
    I had no idea what the Q button does, so I looked it up... thanks for reminding me about that little camera trick! It should make taking screenshots so much easier! :)
    Thanks so much for your sweet comments :)

@bekkasan Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby! Keeping you in my thoughts, hope he makes a speedy recovery!

@meerkattime Thank you so much for your lovely comments :) That was awesome of you to provide comments even when you were so far behind!

@Hejix Oh, this should be interesting, a trip into Catherine's imagination! :)
    I don't think I want to know what exactly Catherine did in order to keep the gravedigger employed :D
    And I don't know how to feel about the townies in the stock loving her!
    Yep, telling everyone what to do is a lot of fun, especially when it means you yourself don't have to lift a finger :tongue:

@emorrill Ooh, the houses look so beautiful under the grey sky! I mean, winter is far from being bright and colourful, but it's beautiful nonetheless. It's hard to describe for me :tongue:
    And your pics show just how spot on stonee206's Utah house is :) Design-wise, I think their house looks like a combination of the second house and your family doctor's house. Seems the arched stone-brick entryway is popular in Utah!
    I'm swooning over that last house too :love: Since we were talking MTS houses, that last house reminds me a little bit of Aspen Grove 2 by CarlDillynson. Whether or not you see any resemblance, I still think it's a beautiful home :>
    (Screenshot by CarlDillynson on Mod the Sims)
    MTS_CarlDillynson-1669716-1.jpg

@Springfairy556 And once again you're using the handy camera trick :tongue:
    Edward's quiet spot is not so quiet when Destiny's around, I see!
    49914756_230711541186439_4600314955072274432_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=740ad669b0c57e356c7b0b569d802276&oe=5CC713C0
    Of course, he being a ghost means he can just vanish without being found.
    "I know you're over here, somewhere... come on out!"
    Aww, forced back to the Manor again? :( Poor Destiny!

@Mikezumi Congrats to Jaxon on his exotic egg find!
    Oh, you know he's not gonna just stick to fishing. He's got both the Angler and Athletic traits, so he doesn't see why he can't have both fishing and basketball!
    Pia sure is having fun in the sand pit! :)
    I wonder if Sims really can prefer one instrument over another? What might affect that?
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2019
    @coco
    A Christmas party, the dress code was formal wear.But the townies didn't dress the way they should.And the guy in the boxer shorts was heading to the hot tub lol.

@bekkasan
    Yeah, the dress code was formal and that's how they all came dressed XD
    I need to throw another party, make it formal and then go in and edit their outfits.

@TinySpaceFox
    I just love that camera trick, but sometimes it doesn't work.XD

@Silverofdreams30
    Thanks for the lovely comments.
  • Options
    @TinySpaceFox Thanks for the comments and feedback :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Hana rings the news station

50306234_10156067961346497_4032324891888844800_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=7241de32e4c59e65f908fe29c57a7cf3&oe=5CD04F23

'Hello, yes, I am a Grey Lady supporter and would like to see some more balance on your news staion

49897990_10156067961376497_3314968532009091072_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=8274d29e8258eab7f7bfa082fbe47cc0&oe=5CD64869

Hello?

50301969_10156067961401497_1865621299598983168_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=09c8afe0efe6babb380a6941fd33e83e&oe=5CCB895E

Hello

49896421_10156067961946497_4475059947645698048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=ecf9dc8c56ed97c3e26b5dd8d230ba9e&oe=5CD06BA3

!

49895619_10156067961956497_5834915716762959872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=809bef07fe45718181e225c0317f2aa4&oe=5CC38A10

Just biased

50107964_10156067962066497_6387133332890583040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=3219f6a680c3056eec510e35e55c3f62&oe=5CC2F67D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer If I had the proper time to create my own sims blog, I'd post sims stories on it with more adult elements. Unfortunately, every time I do try to create a blog, I can't be bothered with the upkeep. Sometimes I do feel like I have to hold back on here just to keep it at the PG/PG-13 rating. I'd love to be able to have a story with all the full stops and not be afraid of censoring constantly.

@coco No, no, lol. I'm not abandoning Luna and Claude. I think I'm going to switch off families every week. So, one week I'll play Luna and Claude and the next I'll play my supernatural family. Those are such gorgeous pictures! :) I happen to like a lot of those cheesy B movies. :D

@Silverofdreams30 I screamed for an hour when I found him in that backed up folder. He was probably my favorite of the kids. :)

@bekkasan I'm really happy too. :) I feel bad that I wasn't able to save his fiance and child too though. :(
    I hope your husband gets a lot better soon. :(

@TinySpaceFox True Blood followed the old vampire lore really well and added a few other smaller elements to make them still unique, which I liked.
    Jessica had a lot of outfits throughout the show, but I remember her wearing a lot of floral patterns. She had a very innocent look in the earlier seasons, then afterwards, she started on a more rebellious phase and wore darker stuff, but still stuff that normal everyday people might wear sometimes.
    That leather jacket is a store outfit and I use it almost all the time on my sims. :)

@king_of_simcity7 Hopefully they can find a news station that isn't as biased so that they can present their own views to the public.
  • Options
    @LunBeauty There are lots of decent news stations but all of the national ones are biased
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited January 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @meerkattime Thanks for the comments :smile: Hopfully things look up this evening :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

@meerkattime

Thank you, sadly I had to use my November 2018 back up save,
    so had to age up the kids again and will move them back to the new world-

@TinySpaceFox

Thank you for the sweet comments

@LunBeauty

I would be happy to if I found an older sim that I really liked.

A few screens from my backup save, the pool party they had.

[img][/img]KeChyq8.jpg

If you wonder where Ty got his good looks from,
    here is his dad Riley an adult.

[img][/img]l2tLKF7.jpg

Ty

[img][/img]NTiuRv8.jpg

Luna aged up again

[img][/img]PRGX93U.jpg

Darrel ( I know you missed him @TinySpaceFox hehe)

[img][/img]S3jx3Ou.jpg

Aged up Isla and Twikki

[img][/img]KtBd2LF.jpg

Aged up Alex

All for today

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Mikezumi , your Sim family is so large now!
    Ouch, that fishing pole through Pia's head looks painful (but hilarious)!
    I didn't know that level 4 teen MA outits always came with glasses. How strange!

@coco , your winter picture is gorgeous!

@Charlottesmom , good luck with your writing!
  • Options
    Panic over... the real Messiah has lost again! :smiley:

I will have to do a Sims story on this! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Mikezumi They're peeps candies.
    ****Poor Pia. First she gets a fishing rod jammed through her head, then she gets attacked with a football.

@king_of_simcity7 I don't think it would end well for them to go on an ultra-conservative talk show.
    ****I'm glad your favored candidate won.

@Charlottesmom Congrats on getting some actual writing done. I may have to try that when we go on vacation next month. I have a finished half-novella written out long-hand somewhere, but I don't even know where to find it. I'd definitely try one of those self-publish kindle or nook deals for an extra $5 every now and then if I had something worth publishing.

@Springfairy556 Well, Leota sure knows how to kill a party.

@LunBeauty I'll try to remember to check.
    ****Neat-looking Sims.

@TadOlson Even having the base SP mod and none of the add-ons overclocks the system. It was never meant to play games since it was bought when I was still in school and needed it for classes.

@Nikkei_Simmer I've actually found 3PO and 3PL to be easier to write in. Though it makes it a little too easy sometimes. But, then again, that's just me.

@coco Cute pics.

@Silverofdreams30 Sorry about your save. Hopefully you can get back to where you left off from.
    ****Happy quadruple birthday!

@meerkattime All credit goes to @lanlyn since she created the living areas.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last night I pulled a save out of my graveyard and attempted to see if it was still viable. Aside from having to change a few patterns and outfits (on pretty much everyone), it should be usable for the time being. The family I tested was the Grey family. I didn't get too terribly much done since I spent the majority of the time in CAS with Kyla, the mom, but it didn't crash on me. The next few times I have this save come up I'll probably be CASing one of the family members since I had way more CC last time I played it than I do now. I have no idea what, if any CC decor is missing, so it must not have been too important. I did take a few pics, though. I think their house came with Lucky Palms (it's actually too small for them at the moment, but I'm going to live with it for the time being since I actually like the layout. I have a CAS pic of Kyla (I changed her hair color/style since I don't have her CC hair installed at the moment and I couldn't tell which one it was from the menu screen), and a couple of near-bird's eye pics of the house layout.
    1vxBLxG.jpg
    UOx7JVu.jpg
    ECY3wr5.jpg

I'm thinking I'll eventually try to get all of my graveyard saves added back in. Or maybe I'll just leave it at this one for a bit and see how it goes.

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @MoonandStars83 - I tend to use 3PL or 3PO for my fanfiction(dot)net stories. It lends to being a bit more character development. Plus you can change the scene of the characters (focus on different characters and what they're doing a lot easier). Of course, I like to switch it up in writing Sims stuff.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @MoonandStars83 The bias here is not 'ultra Conservative' as The Messiah is the opposite
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Well free food tonight was meatballs. I can at least go to bed and relax!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 The same could be said for a lot of U.S. news stations. While I may not support one side, I still believe that they have every right to express their views on national television the same as the other side. I can't say anything about Australian news stations as I don't exactly watch the Australian news very much.

@meerkattime Thank you!

@Silverofdreams30 Same! Like if I happened to find my old save with Devon, Cherise, and that whole entire family, I'd be so over the moon!
    Nice pictures and so many shirtless sims! :love:

@MoonandStars83 Thanks! :)
    I love those braids on her. :)
    That house looks really big and nice. Did you build it or is it a premade?
  • Options
    @LunBeauty I couldn't tell you anything about Australia's news and I don't know about any other country either lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    pg. 3264
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much :heart:
    Oh no how did you lose the save? Is it in your Recycle Bin or did you delete it from the main menu? I hope your backups are from a recent save. I just read that they're from November. That's not too long ago but it's annoying that you have to age them up again :frowning:
    I don't think I've seen Ty's dad before, I assumed you created him :lol: Luna's new hair suits her well. We haven't seen Darrel and Bree for a long time. Isla and Twikki should get a room haha. Alex is a cutie :smile:
    @bekkasan Thanks for the sweet words, will be thinking of you and T again tonight :heart:
    @Springfairy556 Townies rarely have respect for proper dress codes haha. At least they were dressed at all :lol:
    @king_of_simcity7 It's annoying that the news station wasn't willing to talk to Hana. I wonder what her next step will be.
    I heard it was a very close win for The Grey Lady. Does this mean B is going ahead?
    @lunbeauty What about the family in your siggy, do you still have them? I'm a suc.ker for cheesy romance too haha, thank you :blush:
    @meerkattime Thanks a lot! :blush: When will we see a new update from you? :wink:
    @PalmArrow Thank you very much. If you were wondering who the person with the too bright avatar is who sent you a friend request on the sims 3 website, it's me :smile:
    @MoonandStars83 Thank you. The braids look nice on Kyla. The house looks quite large to me. I guess it's very full of objects though which might be why it's too small for them.
  • Options
    @coco Unfortunately, I don't still have them. They were made back in 2015 on an older computer and I ended up losing that save. It was before I was able to get an External Harddrive. I do miss that family too.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @LunBeauty I'm sorry to hear that :disappointed:
    I've started uploading some of my saves to my google drive as a third backup just in case anything happens to my external drive.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultimate Sim Update

Welcome back to another Ultimate Sim Update. When last we left Brittany, she and George Dean had just gotten married. But a fun night at the Grind turned into a nightmare as Brittany learned that George and Ruby Broke were still romantic interests. Brittany and Ruby got in a brawl as the dancers watched. Let's see how things are going now.

8xeDn75.jpg
    The following morning, the couple ate breakfast together but did not talk much. They almost felt like strangers even though they both loved each other.

wp439Yx.jpg
    Brittany cooked some more meals to store in the fridge. She's about halfway through making 50 dishes and around a third on the 75 dish skill challenge.

4TFjtEe.jpg\
    Andrew wanted to be closer to his father as they were only friends. The two of them had a friendly chat and Mack told Andrew how much he loved him.

P9g8H89.jpg
    Brittany and George finally talked to each other and I felt like they could work things out. Brittany didn't have a lot of time before work but we made progress.

HQNEIM9.jpg
    That is until she came home from work. Her attitude changed and she divorced him right then and there. (Nothing I could do about it, it was one of those actions you can't cancel, I hate those so much.)

ijOooh4.jpg
    With all of the fighting going on between her mother and stepfather, Lauren got very upset. She went outside and had a conversation with her father's grave.

dIZDnKX.jpg
    Newly single, the men started calling Brittany again. This time it was her boss, Odin Crosby. She accepted and went to the park to meet him. She waited on him for awhile, playing guitar, but then he stood her up. He did at least call to say he couldn't make it.

TiMzEfX.jpg
    Lauren decided to make good use of her knowledge and went fishing. She felt surprisingly warm in the snow due to her new immune to cold abilities.

8BF0xKL.jpg
    Brittany played guitar at the Grind to gain some more tips. But she was really surprised to see her ex-husband, George Dean there. George was even so nice as to give her tips. He was the only one who did so and because of that, I feel really bad about what happened.

eeDawgV.jpg
    Mack wanted to relax in the hot tub but it was only 30 degrees out. I directed him to play chess with his son Andrew instead. This explains why he is in swimming trunks.

8IUXrXP.jpg
    And last but not least, Brittany leveled up to 10 in painting and reached the thirty paintings. This one here is her 31st and she did a very good job on it. She is now letting them appreciate in value for when she starts the painter career.

That's all for today, everyone. In the next episode of The Ultimate Sim, Brittany must look for a husband once again. But she may have a different plan in mind that won't involve a spouse. What could this be and will she achieve it? Find out in the next episode of... The Ultimate Sim!

***I'm starting to enjoy adding a small recap and a preview of the next update. The challenge rules say Brittany has to use all the different methods of having a child during the challenge. I'm not sure if she will get another husband in Riverview or not as I may use a different method for a child. I'll take a look at the rules to see what needs to be done and will probably choose (edited- used chose instead of choose) from that instead.

@Hejix Okay, I broke my promise. Brittany didn't treat George good like I said she would. A few things out of my control happened and I was not a happy person at either of them, lol.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member

Finishing up comments from page 3262

@king_of_simcity7 I can't wait to see who it is. I have a guess but I could be wrong.

@Springfairy556 Destiny seems to be enjoying reading about King Arthur.
    Aww, she growing closer to her ghostly friends. They sure do liven up any party though, lol
    Great update!

@imdragonit You're welcome, you deserve the praise.

@Silverofdreams30 Nice update!
    That's a good way to start the day, they have to get their Facebook or Twitter fix.
    Nice to see Luna and Sean again.
    Isla and Audra are like me when nothing good is on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top