Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    4446032 wrote: »
    Hi i am Hannah. I been playing the sims since I was 8. . I decided to join forum in hope to get friends for game play. I recently got in to a car accident and is stuck at home and started playing again. I own all the sims 3 EP I love them all. I do have sims 4 but i barely play it. I there just more to do with sims 3. I cant really afford sims 4. But i hope to make new friends on here

Hello @4446032 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and learn new helpful tips about playing the game.
    It is great that you own all of the sims 3 eps! They add great features, activities, build /buy mode and CAS items, and worlds to have our sims to enjoy living in.
    I am sorry to hear that you have been involved in a car accident. I send hugs to you <3 I hope that each day you may feel a little bit better and that the healing and recovery process after the accident may go as well as can be.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    LeiaStyleLeiaStyle Posts: 41 Member
    Hello, I've been a Simmer since about 2001 and I definitely played the Sims 2 the most out of all of the Sims games. I do like 3 and 4, but 2 has a special place in my heart and memories. I've been a part of the forums for a long time, but I'm still a New Member here because I haven't fulfilled the post number requirement (I'm not really a big poster, I like to just read most of the time), but I'm slowly working on that.

As for the questions:
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? A: That's a tough question. Hmm... from Sims 2, my fav EP was probably Pets or Seasons, but I also loved Apartment Life and University. For Sims 3, it was University Life. And finally, for Sims 4, I'd say City Living. There have been some really fun ones over the years, it's hard to choose! Haha.
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game? A. One thing? Lol. I'd have to say the creativity that it inspires. Whether it's creating stories or movies, building houses or furniture, designing clothing or cosmetics, or just playing the game your own way - the possibilities are so endless. I love it!
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? A. Yes, sometimes. I use the motherlode cheat if I want to start off with a rich family. But most of the time, I start with a regular sim/family and earn money through their job income. I have used various other cheats for storytelling and photo shoots/screenshots as well, but for regular simming, I try to limit cheats.
    4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? A. Nothing really specific comes to mind. Just have fun and be creative! :smiley:
    5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? A. Yes, I did. My favorite things are: I like the style of the Sims and the assortment of clothing and hairstyles. I kind of like the "emotions" feature that they added. The things I dislike: I miss the open neighborhoods and Create-A-Style options. The missing features (from previous games) have been a disappointment, but I've just been holding out hope that they would add them in over the life of the game.

See you around!
  • Options
    Hello @LeiaStyle :) It is nice to meet you .
    It is nice that you have been simming since 2001. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours over the time simming!
    Your favourite eps for the different sims game versions are great eps! Eps add lots of great features, activities and items to our games.
    Playing the Sims games are great ways to express our creativity! It is enjoyable bringing our design ideas for builds into sims game form, as well as enjoying creating our sims and deciding on their background feature details and what outfits that they will wear for the various categories.
  • Options
    LilMissMissy724LilMissMissy724 Posts: 89 Member
    Hello, I'm Melissa I bought the Sims 4 last Christmas season. I've played the Sims Freeplay and the Sims 3 App for iPod. The Sims 4 was my first game for computer. I have all expansion packs and gamepacks for the Sims 4. I think its really fun and have wanted to play the Sims since the Sims 2.
    I'm really enjoy City Living, and am looking forward for Pets
    I like about the stories you can make with everygame, such as a close family that loves to play games, or one individual sim who is good at every trait and tries to help everyone.
    I do use cheats, my most common cheats on maxing peoples skills and money such as
    stat.set_Skill_level major_homestylecooking 10. I almost always start each sims games with maxed cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking skills to prepare beautiful food to fuel them as they work on other skills.
    I don't really have any tips, just allow your imagination to work.
    Even though I don't really have experience with previous sims games I enjoy the Sims 4. I like how others sims invite you to party, festivals in city living are cute. I've heard they over hauled the building tools. Building things in the sims 4 is pretty interesting and can be fun at how intricate the end result can be. The only thing I don't like is babies, you can't really do anything with them and they're only cute for a few minutes.
    I can't wait to see what else is implemented
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Hello, I'm Melissa I bought the Sims 4 last Christmas season. I've played the Sims Freeplay and the Sims 3 App for iPod. The Sims 4 was my first game for computer. I have all expansion packs and gamepacks for the Sims 4. I think its really fun and have wanted to play the Sims since the Sims 2.
    I'm really enjoy City Living, and am looking forward for Pets
    I like about the stories you can make with everygame, such as a close family that loves to play games, or one individual sim who is good at every trait and tries to help everyone.
    I do use cheats, my most common cheats on maxing peoples skills and money such as
    stat.set_Skill_level major_homestylecooking 10. I almost always start each sims games with maxed cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking skills to prepare beautiful food to fuel them as they work on other skills.
    I don't really have any tips, just allow your imagination to work.
    Even though I don't really have experience with previous sims games I enjoy the Sims 4. I like how others sims invite you to party, festivals in city living are cute. I've heard they over hauled the building tools. Building things in the sims 4 is pretty interesting and can be fun at how intricate the end result can be. The only thing I don't like is babies, you can't really do anything with them and they're only cute for a few minutes.
    I can't wait to see what else is implemented

Hello @LilMissMissy724 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you bought Sims 4 last Christmastime. Happy first anniversary of playing the game! You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the last year simming. It is great that you own all the Sims 4 eps and game packs. They add many enjoyable and fun activities, venues and build mode and CAS items to the game.
    I also like having my sims maxed out the three cooking skills :) It is great that you are enjoying City Living. It is enjoyable having our sims visiting festivals, and living in apartments is a new different place and way of living in the sims world!
  • Options
    @rosemow, yea I made the forum account back in January, but I haven't commented much
    I'm thinking of trying to change that :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    @rosemow, yea I made the forum account back in January, but I haven't commented much
    I'm thinking of trying to change that :)

Hello
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, learn new tips about playing the game, and enjoy posting about the sims that are in your game!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    TheseareourlivesTheseareourlives Posts: 126 Member
    I find it intriguing that we've both bought Sims 4 for Christmas (though yours was last Christmas). Thank you for suggesting the cheats for cooking. I'll be starting a 'Zodiac' challenge soon and am making one of my Sims a foodie. I know she only likes gourmet food so I was worried for her in the initial stages. Your comment helped a lot!
  • Options
    I find it intriguing that we've both bought Sims 4 for Christmas (though yours was last Christmas). Thank you for suggesting the cheats for cooking. I'll be starting a 'Zodiac' challenge soon and am making one of my Sims a foodie. I know she only likes gourmet food so I was worried for her in the initial stages. Your comment helped a lot!
  • Options
    VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    I am so sad about being stuck as a new member for weeks now not being able to start a new discussions and post photos... as main functions of the forum are taken away from us its a bit difficult to become a member... :(
  • Options
    Vikimicike wrote: »
    I am so sad about being stuck as a new member for weeks now not being able to start a new discussions and post photos... as main functions of the forum are taken away from us its a bit difficult to become a member... :(

Hello @vikimistik
    The off topic section of the forums is a good section to post in. Try posting in threads there, as well as the other sections of the forums. You will gradually get the required points, as you post on the different threads.
  • Options
    VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks for the advice @rosemow :) you are always here to help! :)
  • Options
    @Theseareourlives Yeah thats funny the dates, and you're welcome for the tip, I tend to use Carl's Sims 4 guide for tips and if I wanted cheats to use. It's a very good guide, helpful for all aspects in the sims. I'm sure they have ways to help your foodie :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    @LilMissMissy724 Oh absolutely. Carl Sims 4 guides are very useful! I'm not sure if I should use the cheat -- part of the elimination round is a cooking competition and she's probably win hands down. But I'd hate for her to be sad all the time. :(

Also shout-out to anyone interested: I've made my first challenge: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906019/wizards-in-the-muggle-world-challenge#latest

Question to my fellow newcomers: What kind of challenges do you like?
  • Options
    @Theseareourlives I read your challenge, it looks really cool.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Hey there! I kinda new here, but have been simming for 3-4 years.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    -It's definitely Seasons, though I can't live without having Generations!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    -My absolute favorite thing about the game is raising children! They are my favorite life stage because they are so darn adorable!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    -Really, the only cheat I use is moveobjects on for my decorating and furnishing.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    -Uh, I don't know any tricks that everyone doesn't already know about. Just have fun and enjoy the game!

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    -I haven't bought Sims 4 and don't plan to. It just isn't my thing. :)
  • Options
    Hello @pandabear1836 :) I have posted to you on the other thread, but just wanted to say " happy simming! " again :)
    Seasons is a great EP! It is enjoyable having the different weather conditions in our game, and having our sims do seasonal activities. The different seasons make the landscape look so pretty also! The moo cheat is very helpful for allowing us to express our creativity when building
    Happy simming over the weekend! :)
  • Options
    elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    So close to member status, I think I need one more post after this one. O.o
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • Options
    FauxEvermoreFauxEvermore Posts: 226 Member
    Hi! I've been inactive for a while and am just getting back into the Sims. First of all, can I just say - these threads for new members are extremely helpful!

Now to the questions (drumroll)....

City Living - even though I wish it was an open world, I have to say the world as it is is incredibly beautiful and gives off a very metropolitan feel. And also apartments...can't beat the apartments

How accessible it is. Specifically for creating art / ads / contests etc. I've always liked to Photoshop, draw, create art for leisure and the Sims allowed me to easily combine the game with the art. I took part in a bunch of contests in the past and really got into it. Separately, I've done 3D modelling as well as Poser, Daz etc. and those applications aren't nearly as accessible and user friendly. I guess that's why I'm back haha

4. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Absolutely - all the cheats; testing cheats, moveobjects, buydebug, motherlode....everything

5. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Lighting is key for creating beautiful images and details and symmetry are key for creating beautiful lots and rooms? Idk lol

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Absolutely, I've been with the series since the Sims 2. Each addition is different and has its pros and cons...but at the end of the day, I've just tried to enjoy each one (since they're games after all)
  • Options
    Hello @jpikman :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again!
    It is great that you are enjoying having City Living in your game. It is enjoyable having our sims living in apartments and visiting the different festivals! The city buildings at the nightime look so very pretty and scenic!
    Cheats are very helpful in the game! When used in build mode, they help us to express our creativity in lots of great and new ways!
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    Stopping by to sprinkle a few likes and welcome all the new members. :smiley:

Hope all the new forum goers are enjoying the thread and having fun! I hope you all reach member status soon.

Thank you as well to rosemow for always being so kind and attentive to all of the posts here. I don't really have the time to keep up with the thread and haven't visited the forum in months, so it's nice that Rose is keeping things alive here. :blush:

Wishing all of you a very merry Christmas/happy holidays!
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    LoltobiaslolLoltobiaslol Posts: 59 Member
    Hi im new. Only have TS4 and hoping for some packs for christmas.
    5d00f4f56db94993d8d0df0233a2c485.gif

A corruption so profound, that going insane may be the only sane thing to do.
  • Options
    Hi im new. Only have TS4 and hoping for some packs for christmas.

Hello @Loltobiaslol :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting wjth fellow simmers on the forum threads, and learn new helpful tips about playing the game.
    Receiving Sims 4 packs for Christmas would be very special gifts! I hope that you do receive them!
  • Options
    neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    I'm new to the forums and have already been welcomed by so many nice people on here. :) Thought I'd answer a few of these questions, too.

Seasons and Generations. It definitely adds more aspects to the base game that I really enjoy.

I really enjoy making families and watching my sims interact with other sims.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I usually use money cheats when buying items when starting a new gameplay. And when I get lazy, I use cheats to max out my sims needs.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Maybe try recreating your favorite characters from your favorite TV shows and just roleplay. That helps things be more interesting for me, whenever I get bored.

I bought TS4 from the Black Friday sale. I really love the gallery since I'm not much of a builder, and the gallery makes it so easy to just use the creations that people have put up there. It makes it easier for me to roleplay sometimes. I really do not like all the loading screens. I miss the open world. I also don't have much fun playing my usual family-oriented style since I found that there's very little for my sims to do. I don't know if I'm willing to buy all TS4 EPs, but maybe if they go on sale for a huge discount, then maybe. :)
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."