Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• EstyssEonEstyssEon Posts: 12 New Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    My favourite expansion packs have been Supernatural/Makin Magic, just because it adds quite a bit of extra fun, crafting and content, and I am an avid lover of fantasy. I always dream about visiting castles irl and I believed in fairies when I was a child for the longest time. I also love the idea of magic and the occult.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    My favourite thing about the sims is the ability to craft a world and breathe your own life into it and contribute to it in your own individual ways. As well as all the quirky surprises and random silliness ofc ;) And who doesn't love an incredibly groan inducing simlike pun?

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    In the first Sims I used move_objects on a lot to place items a lot better. Sometimes in Sims3, I usually use testingcheats to reset stuck sims, edit them in CAS, fine tune houses and sometimes general mischief when I'm bored.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Take your time and don't rush, it will keep your replayability fresh.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    EstyssEon wrote: »
    My favourite expansion packs have been Supernatural/Makin Magic, just because it adds quite a bit of extra fun, crafting and content, and I am an avid lover of fantasy. I always dream about visiting castles irl and I believed in fairies when I was a child for the longest time. I also love the idea of magic and the occult.

My favourite thing about the sims is the ability to craft a world and breathe your own life into it and contribute to it in your own individual ways. As well as all the quirky surprises and random silliness ofc ;) And who doesn't love an incredibly groan inducing simlike pun?

In the first Sims I used move_objects on a lot to place items a lot better. Sometimes in Sims3, I usually use testingcheats to reset stuck sims, edit them in CAS, fine tune houses and sometimes general mischief when I'm bored.

Take your time and don't rush, it will keep your replayability fresh.

Hello @EstyssEon :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is enjoyable and fun that we can create sims with their own special background story details , design our own particular design of homes for them to live in, and set up the world how we would like it to be in our game. Simming helps us to express our creativity, and have lots of fun at the same time!
    There are many talented simmer builders who design such very nice castles! It is nice downloading the castle builds and having our sims living in them.
    Cheats are often very helpful to fix up issues that occur in our game. Moo also allows us to be very creative when doing builds.
    Happy simming! :)
  • DecafBunnyDecafBunny Posts: 19 Member
    I only have one and its Get To Work but I do like the items in Luxary Party and Romantic Garden.

Cas! I love creating sims! Its just too fun.

I only use Motherlode for my rich sims :smiley:

Nope. :')

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yep! I waited years to get it! :blush: I absolutely love CAS but I don't like how easy it is to get into a relationship with another sim, especially a married one.
  • DecafBunnyDecafBunny Posts: 19 Member
    DecafBunny wrote: »
    I only have one and its Get To Work but I do like the items in Luxary Party and Romantic Garden.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yep! I waited years to get it! :blush: I absolutely love CAS but I don't like how easy it is to get into a relationship with another sim, especially a married one.

Forgot to add the Hi part XD

Hi! Im DecafBunny! I go by Brookie and I'm female. I recently started playing Sims 4 after I saw it on sale.
    DecafBunny wrote: »

Hello @DecafBunny :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have Get To Work EP! The active careers that come with the EP are enjoyable for our sims to have as their job and it is nice going with our sims to their work career lot. The items that came with Luxuury party and Romantic Garden are very nice to use in our games! It is nice having our sims eating and drinking food and drinks from the buffet table and fountain.
    Creating sims is a fun part of simming! The new CAS tools that came with sims 4 are very helpful as we create our sims. It is enjoyable working out what outfits would suit our sims for the various categories.
  • HollyJayneeHollyJaynee Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello! I've been stumbling around this forum for years, using it to answer any questions I've had, and never realised the whole points system or how good the forum actually is when you need help and how to comment to help other people!! So today I've had a proper look and I am going to try and keep up!

I've played every game of the sims and have owned every single EP, Stuff Pack, everything! I absolutely love the Sims!

Although I stick to the Sims 4 now because I just think the general play is better, my favourite EPs still have to be University, Apartments and Pets! I do like Get To Work but I play with Zerbu's mod to expand it. Very excited about City Life as I LOVED apartments in the Sims 3, but I want University and Pets back!!

I just love starting at the bottom with no money, just a plot of land, and working my way up. I love how easy it is to slowly add rooms to house, and also I like that you an survive off the land at the beginning. I like to do challenges involving no job.

No, my play style is rags to riches, so it would kind of defeat the object! :) I'm also not great at building, so I'm not bothered by having lots of money to build a nice house because they never end up as nice as ones I can find on the gallery!

Not really, just that it's so good to start a game at nothing and see how far you can get! Also any Mod by Zerbu is amazing - I'm new to the mod world and wish I had someone to tell me how good they are!

Yes I did! MY favourite would be just how much Gameplay there is that's completely new. I never find that I get bored because there's so much to go and see and do around the Sims 4 worlds! Least favourite is lack of toddlers, absolutely loved the babysitting career - I want it back!!

So yeah that's me! My Origin account is hol1992, I'd love to chat whilst I play if anyone would like to add me!? :)
    Hello @HollyJaynee :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have started posting!
    It is very nice that you have played each version of the Sims and own every pack! The packs add fun and enjoyable activities, features, worlds, venues and build/buy mode and CAS items to the game.
    I am looking forward to City Living also! It looks and sounds great!
    It is nice that you enjoy playing the game with your sim starting with no money and lacking a home, then enjoy seeing them increase their money and build then expand their home. It is an enjoyable way to play the game.

A very helpful mod to have in the game is MC Command Center mod. It contains many features/functions and has help for culling, relationship culling and relationship decay.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here#latest/

• HollyJayneeHollyJaynee Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks for the suggestion!! I have been reading up on it all afternoon and have installed it - although I must admit I'm still a little unsure of what it is exactly haha. I have read through all the comments though and it looks like it's something you need in your game - thanks for the tip! Any other brilliant mods?!

Also, I want to get involved with all the challenges on here and put pictures on and things, but from what I've read, I can't do that until I'm a Member can I? Is this right? If so what's your advise?! Trying to find a new challenge to start as I lack motivation and creativity to start a new game at the minute!
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the suggestion!! I have been reading up on it all afternoon and have installed it - although I must admit I'm still a little unsure of what it is exactly haha. I have read through all the comments though and it looks like it's something you need in your game - thanks for the tip! Any other brilliant mods?!

Also, I want to get involved with all the challenges on here and put pictures on and things, but from what I've read, I can't do that until I'm a Member can I? Is this right? If so what's your advise?! Trying to find a new challenge to start as I lack motivation and creativity to start a new game at the minute!

Hello @HollyJaynee
    You're welcome :)
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

This is a link to a thread that contains a list of challenges. There may be one there that you would like to do,
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788042/list-of-challenges-legacy-and-other-for-sims-4#latest
  • Chelsie92Chelsie92 Posts: 57 Member
    hi everyone, i have played sims for many years but have only just discovered the forums and the great uses for it. hope you are alll well and happy playing xx
    Chelsie92 wrote: »
    hi everyone, i have played sims for many years but have only just discovered the forums and the great uses for it. hope you are alll well and happy playing xx

Hello @Chelsie92 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming fot many years. You would have enjoyed creating and playing many sims households over the time and enjoyed building and furnishing homes for thrm to live in and venues for them to visit! Simming is fun!
    I hope that you will enjoy meetiing fellow simmers on the forum threads and learn new helpful tips about playing the game.
    thank you @rosemow im sure it will e great, i sure have, its the best bit for me moving and decorating new places i love it. i started with sims 1 and have been in love since x
    thank you @rosemow im sure it will e great, i sure have, its the best bit for me moving and decorating new places i love it. i started with sims 1 and have been in love since x

You're welcome :) You also nearly have enough posts to become a full member. You have the required points.
    Cool @rosemow. how many posts do you need to have i didn't know i wasn't a full member xx
    Cool @rosemow. how many posts do you need to have i didn't know i wasn't a full member xx

Hello @Chelsie92 :)
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

• AbbeyJoy27AbbeyJoy27 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi Newbie here how is everyone :smile: Im on Sims3 and have Sims3pets so was wondering too if I can have sim friends on there too if thats possible Im AbbeyJoy27 also on the game :smile:
    edited September 2016
    AbbeyJoy27 wrote: »
    Hi Newbie here how is everyone :smile: Im on Sims3 and have Sims3pets so was wondering too if I can have sim friends on there too if thats possible Im AbbeyJoy27 also on the game :smile:

Hello @AbbeyJoy27 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read the threads and post about the sims in your games in the threads . You are unable to add friends on this forum, but can add friends on the Sims 3 site in the my pages section

Just a little information.You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
  • AbbeyJoy27AbbeyJoy27 Posts: 11 New Member

Hi Rosemow and thank you! :)
  • sdj4148sdj4148 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Like some people, I am new to the forums, but I have played the sims for 2 years! I ran into a problem while playing the sims 4 - luckily I solved it - but I want to become a member in case I need help in the sims and to hopefully help someone else!

I think it would be a tie between Sims 3 University and Late Night. Even though I don't use the main features in either one too often, I love the aspect of living in a lively city and going to college and partying!

Sim 3 - I love the variety of this game! You can play the sims in completely different ways and I love that! Sims 4 - I love the graphics and the fact that there are no burglars! That was so stressful for me in the sims 3.

Mostly moveobjects on and resetsim. I don't like using money cheats

Reading the wiki totally helps, and is fun too!

Yes! I love the no burglars thing, but I miss the open world a lot.
    sdj4148 wrote: »
    Hi! Like some people, I am new to the forums, but I have played the sims for 2 years! I ran into a problem while playing the sims 4 - luckily I solved it - but I want to become a member in case I need help in the sims and to hopefully help someone else!

I think it would be a tie between Sims 3 University and Late Night. Even though I don't use the main features in either one too often, I love the aspect of living in a lively city and going to college and partying!

Sim 3 - I love the variety of this game! You can play the sims in completely different ways and I love that! Sims 4 - I love the graphics and the fact that there are no burglars! That was so stressful for me in the sims 3.

Mostly moveobjects on and resetsim. I don't like using money cheats

Reading the wiki totally helps, and is fun too!

Yes! I love the no burglars thing, but I miss the open world a lot.

Hello @sdj4148 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!

It is good that you were able to fix your sims 4 game issue.
    Sims 3 University and Late Night EP added many enjoyable features to the game! Having our sims living in the city themed world of Bridgeport is great! The new types of venues added to the game are nice for our sims to visit and meet up with friends. It is nice seeing them enjoying spending time both studying and also attending parties with fellow students when doing courses at the University.
    Using the moo cheat is very helpful when building homes and venues. It helps us to express our creativity in a variety of ways.
    Having the burglar appear in sims 3 is stressful! It is good that this doesn't occur in Sims 4.
  • BorderMollieBorderMollie Posts: 17 Member
    Hi all. I already did the introduction thread but thought to do this one too.

Pets and weather

Everything! But most that I get to decide everything and I don't have to follow a storyline if I don't want to or have to play a certain way to move the game along.

Try not to, but use motherload or kashing the most.

4. Did you buy The Sims 4?
    To be honest, no. It doesn't appeal to me. I'm to happy with TS3 right now.
    Hi all. I already did the introduction thread but thought to do this one too.

Pets and weather

Everything! But most that I get to decide everything and I don't have to follow a storyline if I don't want to or have to play a certain way to move the game along.

Try not to, but use motherload or kashing the most.

4. Did you buy The Sims 4?
    To be honest, no. It doesn't appeal to me. I'm to happy with TS3 right now.

Hello @BorderMollie :) I have posted to you other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming! " again!
    Pets and Seasons are great sims 3 eps! It is nice seeing cats, dogs and horses as animal members of the sims households and our sims enjoying playing with them or riding them. . It is enjoyable seeing the changing weather conditions in the sims days. It is great watching our sims enjoying doing the various seasonal activities, and the world landscape backgrounds in Autumn and Winter are so pretty!
    Money cheats are often very helpful, particularly when sims are starting their lives in the world.
  • BorderMollieBorderMollie Posts: 17 Member
    @rosemow Thanks!