March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Got sent home from work early today due to being in tears as i've got a throat and ear infection, i've mostly slept today but thought i'd check in and see how everyone else was.

Also thank you to @Charlotteprice for wiping out my top 5 - I now own all the sets (fifth avenue fashions being the final one for 35sp :)) and just have individual items to get. I also need to add more sp as I only have 29sp then can start gifting others again, hopefully the blue button will be back
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Bluessun I notice that you are going for the Brunch at the Old Mill set. But, since it isn't CYS eligible, it is an exception to our usual advice to list individual pieces in your wishlist. Getting these individual items gifted would not get you any closer to getting the three premium items that are only available by buying the set in its entirety.

But, at 74% off, it is one of the better sales items on the Daily Deal when it comes around at Deal 948.

It would also be appropriate with the ads gone AWOL to list the complete Brunch set at the bottom of your wishlist in case a generous gifter comes along. Not as likely in these lean times, but one never knows. Frankly, I'd have posted this as general advice then done it myself, but the points are simply not there right now. I miss the good old days and hope for their return in the near future.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • BluessunBluessun Posts: 139 Member
    edited August 2017
    It is CYS eligible, at least for me the store page is showing decreasing simpoints to get it. And yes, DD is where I'm going to get it, DD948.

Maby I should add, at this point I do have enough simpoints to get what I want and more, because I underestimated greatly how generous this community is, and hopefully will be in future too. That said, ads or no ads, reason I have been gifting and will be, because it is simply too much fun. I will have that fun untill my simpoints run out, and at my rate, it's gonna take few weeks :)

Edit 17546554; Thank you @Jude525 for those gifts :)

Edit 17546554.218; Top 5 is good, CYS eligible :)

Edit 17546554.5998; Countdown has started!! 10 items left! Ooops.. 9 items :blush:
    Post edited by Bluessun on
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Bluessun Then I stand gladly corrected. The problem with owning the store is I don't always get a good read on what is and isn't because I have to sign out to look at the page and I don't think it always shows the complete information if you aren't signed in as a user. Now that it's come up, I think I've been in this situation before. I also now wish I'd bought those items for you, because I always prefer gifting things I really like myself and I use the Jars of Electric Fireflies all the time.

Also, now that I look at my CYS for Free tab of the DD spreadsheet.. Voila, there is the Brunch set. Problem is I never actually used that tab myself and always forget that it is there. Actually, I can honestly say that I sincerely didn't even remember that tab being there when I just went to see if there was someplace in the spreadsheet to find that info. Even after the, what, 2 years or so that I've been an active part of this community I still get lost in all the info there is to keep track of.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited August 2017
    @Jude525 you mean Clustered Electric Firefly Jars you gifted me? Thank you again :) I have plans for this bunch of jars and those plans do not include anything flammable other than sims starting the fire anyway..

I'm still quite a newbie in here, so your advice was not overlooked, thanks :)

Top 5 updated.
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Thanks to both @Jude525 and @Bluessun for clearing a bunch of stuff off my wishlist, including 4 of my top 5 :)

top 5 updated in signature :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    edited August 2017
    oh my gosh @Bluessun just cleared 4 of my top 5 again :):heart::cookie:

new top 5 coming soon (gotta find more stuff, since everyting under 40 sp is gone lol) in signature.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• lovedietdp4lovedietdp4 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is a great idea. I love to give & get gifts.
    1) Chicken coop
    2) The Not So Routine Machine
    3) Vertical Challenge Rock Wall
    4) Anything in The Boardwalk

You can see all of them here http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=lovedietdp4#
    edited August 2017
    @lauravonawesome Sorry about that last one messing your list again.. Could not resist :D I wish I could do more for everyone, this is fun :D

• lovedietdp4lovedietdp4 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is a great idea. I love to give & get gifts.
    1) Chicken coop
    2) The Not So Routine Machine
    3) Vertical Challenge Rock Wall
    4) Anything in The Boardwalk

You can see all of them here http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=lovedietdp4#
    @Bluessun you rock, and thanks again for the gifts you've sent me (most recently the Summer Shell Vintage from my top 5) :):heart::cookie:

New top 5 in signature :)

edited August 2017
    @lovedietdp4 welcome to the gifting directory :)

Just wanted to point out that the boardwalk items are not available for individual purchase and that the only way to get those items is to buy the set (which comes up twice during the daily deal rotation and is cheapest/just under half-price at DD 694).

Speaking of the Daily Deals, this thread will help you get the most out of your SP. It includes a detailed list of specials and customizable spreadsheets that can help you find out when a particular deal comes up for you.

I also noticed that you've got a lot of big sets on your wishlist. While it's possible that someone will gift you an entire set, having smaller items from that set on your wishlist increases your chances of receiving a gift; a lot of us were working with farmed points and, with the ads gone, many of us don't have as many points to spare. I'm not saying that it won't happen, just that it's rarer these days than it was.

Again, welcome aboard, and don't be shy if you have questions. :)

-von

• LilyPeonyLilyPeony Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you very much @Bluessun for the Haute Hacienda Kitchen- plum Pear Sculpture and the Felicia Flamingo Wall Growth Chart!
    Here's my updated wishlist (can't update original comment, sorry!)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=CamLS92

1. Jungle Cheer
    2. Tiny Tyke Dresser
    3. Industrial Chic Floor Lamp
    4. Mid-Century Modern Bedroom- Keen Klothes Keeper
    5. Murano Wooden Block Knife Stock

Have a good day everyone, and a good weekend ahead!
  • XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    edited August 2017
    @charlotteprice Thank you for the compliment!

I updated my wishlist

I decided to work on the on-sale sets :D
  • MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    After finally being able to sort out my wishlist, I decided to update my post. Thank you to everyone who gifted me a while ago, I forgot who it was but I really really appreciate it!
  • sport0714sport0714 Posts: 142 Member
    Thank you so much @bluessun for the Tot-sized 3 piece (soo cute) and big thanks to @MangAnimeJe for the bridal bouquet! Cheers!

My wishlist

My top 5 -

Wool Trench Coat
    Dashingly Dapper
    Antiquated Correspondence Desk
    Portable Platter
    The Then & Now Century Manor
    @sport0714 enjoy your bridal bouquet and Portable Platter! You're welcome!
    Thank you @lauravonawesome and @sport0714 for the gifts !

Top 5 is updated to top 3.
    edited August 2017
    Forgot to link it. Here's my top 5!

Enjoy your gift @Bluessun!
    Thank you @MangAnimeJe !

Top 5 is updated. No wait, it's top 2 now :)
    @Bluessun you are very welcome, and thanks to @sport0714 for the bar from my top 5 :):cookie::heart:

top 5 updated~

• pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    edited May 2022
    This is such a wonderful idea! I can't believe I'm just now seeing it :o I think I've done this right, but let me know if I messed up somewhere!

Wishlist

Top 5
    1. Relaxed Sweater Teen (75 SP)
    2. Sensational Sensations Skirt (75 SP)
    3. The Everyday (75 SP)
    4. Beady Tankini (61 SP)
    5. Broken Wind Jacket (61SP)
    Post edited by pandabear1836 on
    Thank you @pandabear1836 for clearing the last two items on my wishlist!

No new top 5! Thank you all gifters :)<3
    Yay, congrats @Bluessun :)

tenor.gif

I just want to apologize to anyone who received 1) multiple notifications or 2) a notification from me sending you something, but no gift. We all know how the store likes to operate from time to time. :lol: