Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Revan wrote: »
    Hey, to boost my post count to provide valuable discussion, I'll post my answers to these questions in here!

Good idea, I think I'll do that too, haha~ ;D

What is your favourite EP/SP and why?

I can't remember which TS1 EP I liked best (I was so young back then ;_;) but I vaguely remember having lots of fun playing the game with my friends and trying to become a superstar, so I'd probably go with the Superstar expansion for this iteration...
    For TS2, I'd have to go with Nightlife. I know a lot of people love OFB, but NL did also add tons of great stuff such as drivable cars, vampires, dating/group outings, turn-ons and turn-offs. Good times. :)
    TS3 did seasons really well, I loved them sooo much.
    And now for TS4, I'd actually have to pick a GP - Vampires! :)

What is your favourite thing about the game?

Designing houses, especially the interior. I love to develop unique style concepts for each house that I build and I always try to make them look as different from each other as possible (some style elements do overlap sometimes, but that's to be expected). Also, creating different kinds of families and playing out their stories I created for them in my head (and taking tons of screenshots, haha). Overall, I really appreciate the fact that each iteration of TS helped me to unleash lots of creativity and imagination. :)

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I use 'moveobjects' quite frequently. And since I love to decorate and furnish my houses extensively, I do like to use 'motherlode' every now and then as well. ;D

Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

If you're stuck while building/furnishing a house or developing your stories further, take a calm step back and look up any sort of inspiration to help you get back on track - it could be anything, really. A good book or an interesting movie/TV show...sometimes they reignite the spark that you need to feel in order to proceed with the game. :)

Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

I did buy TS4 and a lot of its EPs/GPs/SPs. Now, I do like it (TS2 will always be my favourite though <3), but there are problems that I would love to see solved in the future. First of all, I love CAS and Build Mode. The vampires were a great addition to the game, as well as toddlers. I also do like the fact that community lots feel alive most of the time. But my biggest gripe with TS4 is the traits-/emotions-system. It doesn't really contribute that much at all to the uniqueness of my Sims' personalities, even though I feel like this might have slightly been improved lately...another thing that irritates me about the TS4 Sims is their lack of reactions in regards to their environment every once in a while. And another thing that I would like to see more of in the game is a certain sense of unpredictability. TS2 did this quite nicely with fights breaking out spontaneously on community lots (or in apartments as well), just to name an example. Aspiration failures were interesting to observe as well, I'd actually love to see fears make a comeback eventually, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. Oh well.

Hello @Revan :)
    It was great reading about your favourite packs for each of the versions of The Sims. The packs that you posted about are great! It is nice that you have been simming since the original sims 1. You would have enjoyed buying the different packs for the versions and discovering the new features that they added to the game! It is always fun when new packs are released and we have our sims discover and use the new items or do new activities!
    Building and furnishing homes, and creating sims are very nice parts of simming! It does help us to express our creativity and is lots of fun too! Moo is a very helpful cheat to use!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hey, to boost my post count to provide valuable discussion, I'll post my answers to these questions in here!

I can't remember which TS1 EP I liked best (I was so young back then ;_;) but I vaguely remember having lots of fun playing the game with my friends and trying to become a superstar, so I'd probably go with the Superstar expansion for this iteration...
    For TS2, I'd have to go with Nightlife. I know a lot of people love OFB, but NL did also add tons of great stuff such as drivable cars, vampires, dating/group outings, turn-ons and turn-offs. Good times. :)

Designing houses, especially the interior. I love to develop unique style concepts for each house that I build and I always try to make them look as different from each other as possible (some style elements do overlap sometimes, but that's to be expected). Also, creating different kinds of families and playing out their stories I created for them in my head (and taking tons of screenshots, haha). Overall, I really appreciate the fact that each iteration of TS helped me to unleash lots of creativity and imagination. :)

I use 'moveobjects' quite frequently. And since I love to decorate and furnish my houses extensively, I do like to use 'motherlode' every now and then as well. ;D

If you're stuck while building/furnishing a house or developing your stories further, take a calm step back and look up any sort of inspiration to help you get back on track - it could be anything, really. A good book or an interesting movie/TV show...sometimes they reignite the spark that you need to feel in order to proceed with the game. :)

Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

I did buy TS4 and a lot of its EPs/GPs/SPs. Now, I do like it (TS2 will always be my favourite though <3), but there are problems that I would love to see solved in the future. First of all, I love CAS and Build Mode. The vampires were a great addition to the game, as well as toddlers. I also do like the fact that community lots feel alive most of the time. But my biggest gripe with TS4 is the traits-/emotions-system. It doesn't really contribute that much at all to the uniqueness of my Sims' personalities, even though I feel like this might have slightly been improved lately...another thing that irritates me about the TS4 Sims is their lack of reactions in regards to their environment every once in a while. And another thing that I would like to see more of in the game is a certain sense of unpredictability. TS2 did this quite nicely with fights breaking out spontaneously on community lots (or in apartments as well), just to name an example. Aspiration failures were interesting to observe as well, I'd actually love to see fears make a comeback eventually, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. Oh well.

It was great reading about your favourite packs for each of the versions of The Sims. The packs that you posted about are great! It is nice that you have been simming since the original sims 1. You would have enjoyed buying the different packs for the versions and discovering the new features that they added to the game! It is always fun when new packs are released and we have our sims discover and use the new items or do new activities!
    Building and furnishing homes, and creating sims are very nice parts of simming! It does help us to express our creativity and is lots of fun too! Moo is a very helpful cheat to use!

Thank you for your kind words @rosemow :)
    You're really nice ^_^
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

• Options

Thank you for your kind words @rosemow :)
    You're really nice ^_^

You're welcome :) Thankyou!
  • Options
    The_Black_FamilyThe_Black_Family Posts: 32 Member
    Sometimes I wonder whether @rosemow is actually a bot.
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? My favorite Expansion pack is the "Get to Work" EP. It provided a more immersive experience for the lives and gameplay of the sims. It added more personality for the stories. Also... THE ALIENS. Aliens are awesome!!!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? There is no one thing I like about the game. I love all of it!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I only play with in-game cheats for build mode or story purposes. Such as bb.moveobjects or motherlode :smile:

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not really. I just know the basics!

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? I did buy it. My least favorite thing about it is the prices on add-on content. But I absolutely love everything else about it!
  • Options
    EmmaNiji wrote: »
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? My favorite Expansion pack is the "Get to Work" EP. It provided a more immersive experience for the lives and gameplay of the sims. It added more personality for the stories. Also... THE ALIENS. Aliens are awesome!!!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? There is no one thing I like about the game. I love all of it!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? I only play with in-game cheats for build mode or story purposes. Such as bb.moveobjects or motherlode :smile:

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not really. I just know the basics!

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? I did buy it. My least favorite thing about it is the prices on add-on content. But I absolutely love everything else about it!

Hello @EmmaNiji :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    Get to work is a great expansion pack! It is enjoyable going to work with our sims, and the careers are great! It is also enjoyable setting up stores for our sims to sell a variety of items.
    Moo is a very helpful cheat to use when building and furnishing a home! It helps us to express our creativity in a variety of new ways.
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member

Get to work is a great expansion pack! It is enjoyable going to work with our sims, and the careers are great! It is also enjoyable setting up stores for our sims to sell a variety of items.
    Moo is a very helpful cheat to use when building and furnishing a home! It helps us to express our creativity in a variety of new ways.

Thank you! I feel very welcomed to the community :smile:
  • Options

Thank you! I feel very welcomed to the community :smile:

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?

Vampires. I honestly have very little interest in the game when it doesn't have a supernatural component, I bought the original Sims 4 when it first came out and it's been sitting collecting dust for almost two years now. :) Vampires has been out less than 2 weeks, and in that time I've reinstalled the game, bought all three expansions (due in part to the really good anniversary sale), and starting modding again. :)

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

The developers' willingness to allow people to play with the code. :) It really makes for endless opportunities!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

The default game isn't what anyone should call "hard", writing and painting frequently takes away any financial worries and just like real life, once you have financial security the rest is only a matter of time. :)

Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • Options
    Hello @jerrycnh :) It is great that you are enjoying playjng with vampires. The vampires game pack is great!
    It is great that you do modding! You would enjoy looking at the game coding and using it for your mods. It would involve a lot of enjoyable experimentation with your sims!
    It was great that you were able to buy the 3 eps due to the anniversary sale. The reduced prices on the eps were great !
  • Options
    jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    It was great that you were able to buy the 3 eps due to the anniversary sale. The reduced prices on the eps were great !

Very much so! It was pretty hard to actually buy them though, I had to struggle a lot with the site to get them all on one order. ;) Was worth it though!

Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    I played a bit of the Sims 3 but switched over to Sims 4 once it came out. I've been playing the Sims 4 since it started but have only been active in the Gallery for the past few months. I've only started in the forums recently and am still working towards becoming a member :)
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    I played a bit of the Sims 3 but switched over to Sims 4 once it came out. I've been playing the Sims 4 since it started but have only been active in the Gallery for the past few months. I've only started in the forums recently and am still working towards becoming a member :)

Hello @ScarletPipper :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been uploading your creations to the Gallery! :) Simmers would enjoy downloading them and having them in their games. It is enjoyable creating sims and building homes and venues in the game!
    I hope that you will soon have the required posts /points needed to become a full member.
  • Options
    Ashley4455Ashley4455 Posts: 6 New Member
    So when the Get To Work Expansion came out I had to uninstall and reinstall due to some issues so I started new game. But when City Living came out I left that game and started a new sim in the City. Now I was planning on going back to my old game to play but when I was in my City sim I noticed I ran into the family I had created before and they were aging! I haven't had time to go back and go into that old saved game but when/if I do...will they be aged? Guess my question is if you start fresh with a new sim, will your old sim age and die while your playing the new one?
  • Options
    Ashley4455 wrote: »
    So when the Get To Work Expansion came out I had to uninstall and reinstall due to some issues so I started new game. But when City Living came out I left that game and started a new sim in the City. Now I was planning on going back to my old game to play but when I was in my City sim I noticed I ran into the family I had created before and they were aging! I haven't had time to go back and go into that old saved game but when/if I do...will they be aged? Guess my question is if you start fresh with a new sim, will your old sim age and die while your playing the new one?

Hello @Ashley4455
    When you are playing separate save games, there will not be any changes made to the save game that you are not playing. Sims won't age and days won't pass.
    If you start a new sim household within the same game, the sims from the first household will continue to age if you have auto aging turned on.
  • Options
    Ashley4455Ashley4455 Posts: 6 New Member
    That must have been what I did. Cause I have 3 saved games right now. And I dont know how I managed to create another sim household in the same saved game as the other lol. The other one must be separate because I don't see those sims around town. Thank you!
  • Options
    Ashley4455 wrote: »
    That must have been what I did. Cause I have 3 saved games right now. And I dont know how I managed to create another sim household in the same saved game as the other lol. The other one must be separate because I don't see those sims around town. Thank you!

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    My favorite ep is definitely supernatural - I loved the new occult life states they added

I loved the open world

I forever play w/cheats bc I get focused on one sim and tend to forget the others
    'testingcheatsenabled true

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    No - I mostly just stumbled my way through the game haha

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I did - I love the game but I really miss the open world. I hate the fact that to even leave my apartment to visit my next door neighbors the screen reloads. Otherwise it's a great game - I especially love city living w/the singing and festivals
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • Options
    My favorite ep is definitely supernatural - I loved the new occult life states they added

I loved the open world

I forever play w/cheats bc I get focused on one sim and tend to forget the others

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I did - I love the game but I really miss the open world. I hate the fact that to even leave my apartment to visit my next door neighbors the screen reloads. Otherwise it's a great game - I especially love city living w/the singing and festivals

Hello @Mistress_Luxa :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again :)
    Using cheats are often very helpful in the game. The moo cheat helps us to express our creativity in many ways!
    It is great that you are enjoying City Living Ep. It is enjoyable having our sims visit the various festivals. Living in apartments is a different and great new living experience for our sims in Sims 4!
  • Options
    Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member

I loved the open world

Hello @Mistress_Luxa :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again :)
    Using cheats are often very helpful in the game. The moo cheat helps us to express our creativity in many ways!
    It is great that you are enjoying City Living Ep. It is enjoyable having our sims visit the various festivals. Living in apartments is a different and great new living experience for our sims in Sims 4!
    Thank you! c:
    I used to use cheats all the time but the game got very boring c:

My favorite festivals are spice and romance
    Idk sims 4 feels like a mix of sims 2 and sims 3 which makes me happy
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • Options
    skatoolakiskatoolaki Posts: 41 Member

In Sims 1, favorite ep was Unleashed. Of course pets, but I loved that it had a very New Orleans-feel to it and that is the city of my heart. In Sims 2, University. It added a whole new dimension to the game and a new life stage. In Sims 3, I'd have to go with Seasons. I *loved* all the different seasons and how they changed the look of the game, and how the Sims reacted to them. So far, in Sims 4, I'm going to have to go with City Living because I love the city 'hood and have always had a soft spot for the apartment living.

So many things but, overall, I love the ability to play out these little pixelated peoples' lives. Not just the playing-God aspect, but watching their stories, their lives, unfold over generations. And even before that was a thing (Sims 1), I just loved the AI in the game. All the little odd things Sims do that make them unique and interesting and, very often, hilarious. I have always said The Sims is like a virtual dollhouse, and that's just what it is. This game has so many creative pursuits....house building, landscaping, fashion, creating sims, storytelling, challenges, etc. It has something for everyone. I could go on, but I guess you catch my drift...it's just an amazing game!

Often I will use money cheats to build/design, but right now I'm focusing on a legacy challenge so the only cheats that I use are the money one when I move new Sims in, or ones to fix glitches, help with taking screenshots, etc.

None that immediately come to mind, though I'm sure I'll think of one (or three) as soon as I hit "Post Comment"!

I did. At first I didn't love 4, but it's grown on me. It has a lot of elements of Sims 2, which was my favorite and that I spent untold hours on playing and building a website for. And, for me at least, it doesn't crash a la Sims 3. After the crashtastic frustrations I had with Sims 3 (I, often, lost HOURS of gameplay), so much so that I just stopped playing a game that I love more than anything, the smooth running of Sims 4 on my pc is like a dream come true and helps me fall back in love with a game I often lamented I had to set aside because I just couldn't play it. You have to admit, too, the graphics on Sims 4 are simply gorgeous. I can't fathom hating any Sims game, and each is unique and has good/bad elements, I find. I try to like them each for what they brought to the table and how they changed the Sims world, and my gameplay.
    Skasimlaki (my The Sims 2 site)
    Elizabeth's Legacy (The Sims 2 Legacy Challenge site)
    Tudor Hills Asylum (The Sims 3 Asylum Challenge site)
    The Swain Legacy (The Sims 4, and my current, Legacy Challenge site)
  • Options
    Hello @skatoolaki :)
    It was great reading about which was your favourite expansions from each of the Sims versions . The packs that chose are great! It was nice reading about your favourite things in the game. It is special seeing our sims living their lives in our games, all with uniquely different sims stories that are told and take shape through the game. There are so many fun and enjoyable aspects and parts of simming!
  • Options
    LemonDropKitsuneLemonDropKitsune Posts: 126 Member
    I've had the sims4 for about a couple months, but I've just got on the forums. >.<
    I mainly did this because I had a question to ask, but as I can't make a new discussion I had to come here. So basically, I've been having this problem where my Macbook Pro begins to overheat really fast when playing the sims. I've been trying to find a solution other than 'get a cooling pad', as I'm fairly sure this is something to do with graphics, or some settings that can be changed in-game. I've never had this problem before, and it only started last night. What should I do?
    ibHI2tL.gif
    "вυт ιη ғαιяү тαℓεs, ωнεη sσмεσηε ∂ιεs, ιт's נυsт α ωσя∂."-мαυяιcε
    тнεsε sσcкs αяε αмαzιηg
    cεятιғιε∂ вαηαηα cнιρ
  • Options
    I've had the sims4 for about a couple months, but I've just got on the forums. >.<
    I mainly did this because I had a question to ask, but as I can't make a new discussion I had to come here. So basically, I've been having this problem where my Macbook Pro begins to overheat really fast when playing the sims. I've been trying to find a solution other than 'get a cooling pad', as I'm fairly sure this is something to do with graphics, or some settings that can be changed in-game. I've never had this problem before, and it only started last night. What should I do?

Hello @LemonDropKitsune
    Welcome to the forums! It would be best to post about your issue on a thread in the Sims 4 Mac section on the forums. You can post on a thread there that another simmer has already started, or I can start a new thread for you in that section of the forums
    The link to the Mac section is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions