Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open world=Lag

Comments

• Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I forgot to include. Yours sims can go anywhere in the open world. lol Can Sims 4 do that? They can even swim anywhere with the addition of Island Paradise.

Seemed like mermaids won't happen after all. Because where can they swim? In the pool? lol

So 4 years after the conception of sims 3, they got to swim in the oceans. Unfortunately, that was at the end of the S3 run.
    But hey, it's a content that TS4 will never have... Such a shame.

No one knows what content sims 4 can have. Don't base the sims off 3.
    It should be based off Sims 3. Otherwise, TS4 is just TS2.5

No. It shouldn't. Sims 3 was the anomaly. Sims 3 introduced even more mmo than any of the previous. And sims 3 became about the world and not the sims.

There's nothing 'massively multiplayer online' about The Sims 3....unless it's a typo and you meant Sims 4, because we all know that was meant to be a MMORPG.

Sorry. I meant rpg. Questing.

I disagree there, too. Sims 2 was more goal oriented in aspects, than Sims 3. So much so that my major issue with Sims 3 was that many objects felt more like props than actual fleshed out activities. E.g., the business objects from Sims 2 compared to that of Sims 3. Huge difference. Sims 2 had more consequential interactions between sims, where as Sims 3 was a little more shallow but less linear and more open.

It seems that Sims 4 is setting up to be more fleshed out with goals, activities etc which is similar to Sims 2.

I like both dollhouse and achievement style gameplay, so I'm cool either way.

Yes. And that's another thing I don't get, where people say that sims 3 was tougher. It was not.

And as I said. Sims 3 was an anomaly as far as sims go. Not nearly as in depth.

I like 4. I can't wait to see where it goes. I just hope they don't go back to 3.

I don't think it was an anomaly, I think it was an improvement in many aspects. They dropped the ball with the expansion packs and store content, big time. Mods show that it could have been done better, but wasn't.

This time, with Sims 4, they've dropped the ball in more aspects. Family play has taken a huge hit (family trees, toddlers) and creativity has taken a hit (CASt, open world, terrain modification, CAW).

Seems like they've left a lot upto being added in store and expansion content, but I reckon lots of people are sick of paying through the nose. Not to mention they tend to not fix in game issues, expecting people to mod.

I'm not playing this game to make my house picture perfect with patterns and styles. All you who do need the materialist trait.

People are people. I want the sims to be about people, and not the showroom house. That's materialistic. And that ain't me.

Calling people who enjoy aesthetics 'materialistic' is just as rude as calling people who like sims interactions drama queens who enjoy histrionics. Although looking at how people interact on these forums, I'd say the latter is pretty much correct. ;)

It's not rude. It's just a fact. Tell me how matching your pillows to your curtains matters in life?

What? LOL It's an opinion, and a method of game play. Just because you don't like it, or fail to see its value, doesn't mean that it's not valid.

But if you need more invalidation for your personal opinion of aesthetics not mattering, just look at how different Sims games were recieved. It's pretty clear that aesthetic options DO matter.

You mean validation? Then it's clear that sims 2 wins. And that was for the gameplay and personalities of the sims themselves. It was sims 3 that offered those aesthetics. And they only matter to s3 lovers.
    If EA didn't cater to little kids as they did before, Sims 3 would've had better animations than its predecessors. Sims 4's interactions are nowhere near as good as Sims 3 either.

"In your view".

@Jimil

You better do as she says, or she'll 'track you down'.
    Who is "she"?

Reg. She made a comment a few months ago about 'tracking down' an obnoxious forum member. Now, she didn't specify it was me, but I don't take kindly to veiled threats. :)

I assure you it wasn't you. I did find them and i wasn't the only one looking. Exactly why would I be interested in tracking
    you or jimil down anyway?

I don't care who it is, and if it was me, I don't care. See, the thing with the Internet is, is you don't know who a person is, or what they do. Making random inferences that you'll find them, and do whatever is poor form. And it speaks volumes for the type of person you are.

• Options
    OMG people. None of you on either strongly held side are going to convince any of you on the other strongly held side. Enough already.

Exactly, there are no actual sides, in reality.

• Options
    I forgot to include. Yours sims can go anywhere in the open world. lol Can Sims 4 do that? They can even swim anywhere with the addition of Island Paradise.

Seemed like mermaids won't happen after all. Because where can they swim? In the pool? lol

So 4 years after the conception of sims 3, they got to swim in the oceans. Unfortunately, that was at the end of the S3 run.
    But hey, it's a content that TS4 will never have... Such a shame.

No one knows what content sims 4 can have. Don't base the sims off 3.
    It should be based off Sims 3. Otherwise, TS4 is just TS2.5

No. It shouldn't. Sims 3 was the anomaly. Sims 3 introduced even more mmo than any of the previous. And sims 3 became about the world and not the sims.

There's nothing 'massively multiplayer online' about The Sims 3....unless it's a typo and you meant Sims 4, because we all know that was meant to be a MMORPG.

Sorry. I meant rpg. Questing.

I disagree there, too. Sims 2 was more goal oriented in aspects, than Sims 3. So much so that my major issue with Sims 3 was that many objects felt more like props than actual fleshed out activities. E.g., the business objects from Sims 2 compared to that of Sims 3. Huge difference. Sims 2 had more consequential interactions between sims, where as Sims 3 was a little more shallow but less linear and more open.

It seems that Sims 4 is setting up to be more fleshed out with goals, activities etc which is similar to Sims 2.

I like both dollhouse and achievement style gameplay, so I'm cool either way.

Yes. And that's another thing I don't get, where people say that sims 3 was tougher. It was not.

And as I said. Sims 3 was an anomaly as far as sims go. Not nearly as in depth.

I like 4. I can't wait to see where it goes. I just hope they don't go back to 3.

I don't think it was an anomaly, I think it was an improvement in many aspects. They dropped the ball with the expansion packs and store content, big time. Mods show that it could have been done better, but wasn't.

This time, with Sims 4, they've dropped the ball in more aspects. Family play has taken a huge hit (family trees, toddlers) and creativity has taken a hit (CASt, open world, terrain modification, CAW).

Seems like they've left a lot upto being added in store and expansion content, but I reckon lots of people are sick of paying through the nose. Not to mention they tend to not fix in game issues, expecting people to mod.

I'm not playing this game to make my house picture perfect with patterns and styles. All you who do need the materialist trait.

People are people. I want the sims to be about people, and not the showroom house. That's materialistic. And that ain't me.

Calling people who enjoy aesthetics 'materialistic' is just as rude as calling people who like sims interactions drama queens who enjoy histrionics. Although looking at how people interact on these forums, I'd say the latter is pretty much correct. ;)

It's not rude. It's just a fact. Tell me how matching your pillows to your curtains matters in life?

What? LOL It's an opinion, and a method of game play. Just because you don't like it, or fail to see its value, doesn't mean that it's not valid.

But if you need more invalidation for your personal opinion of aesthetics not mattering, just look at how different Sims games were recieved. It's pretty clear that aesthetic options DO matter.

You mean validation? Then it's clear that sims 2 wins. And that was for the gameplay and personalities of the sims themselves. It was sims 3 that offered those aesthetics. And they only matter to s3 lovers.
    If EA didn't cater to little kids as they did before, Sims 3 would've had better animations than its predecessors. Sims 4's interactions are nowhere near as good as Sims 3 either.

"In your view".

@Jimil

You better do as she says, or she'll 'track you down'.
    Who is "she"?

Reg. She made a comment a few months ago about 'tracking down' an obnoxious forum member. Now, she didn't specify it was me, but I don't take kindly to veiled threats. :)
    I ain't scared of nobody here. Are they gonna report me? How? Are they gonna say that I'm spreading lies and controversies? lmao right. I certainly am not obnoxious either.
    Bear31 wrote: »
    What I really don't get here is why people moan and groan about a game that they don't like.......moreover, why be here in the first place if you don't like it? Seems like a HUGE waste of your precious time anyway to post. And posting just to get your voice heard that you don't like the game? Hmmm.....maybe it would be best if you wrote an email or better yet tried calling EA to cry at them for the way they made the game. I doubt that they would even listen to your constant whining. There's no REAL constructive criticism here, just a bunch of "BOOO HOOO!!! They took this stuff away and made our sims look bad!!" coming from a minority.

They've encouraged people to give all opinions, in the forums. So....

I believe the word of the day is "CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism........not to blast someone out of the water simply because they like the game, not to blast the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of a game just cause they want to be negative and drag everyone down.......youve got it ALL wrong........
    Hey now. I feel so left out. I did made points on why I love TS3. I even made proper and factual statistics and observations.

And that's cool.......you are entitled to like a game, just like I am entitled to like the newest one out there. And making points as to why you love TS3? Great! But post once, leave it alone, and thats it......not much else to it.........you want to be heard and that is what you are aiming for? Email......both here and real email.........or call. Best choices there are instead of all the negative posts.
    I'm not trying to be heard by EA. I am simply stating facts. I can't just ignore something. It's just not me.

I wonder if you can even say that to those two. Ask them what are they aiming for. You see, we're all on the same boat on throwing negative responses to each other. You can't leave all the blame to me.

I was mocking Reg, not attacking you. ;)

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    OMG people. None of you on either strongly held side are going to convince any of you on the other strongly held side. Enough already.

This is the best part about Sims 4, clearly the people that love it to bits aren't even playing so we might as well prevent the Sims 4 general discussion from becoming a graveyard.

Why do you think I haven't been around much? It's because I am playing. And it all depends on my pt work schedule. But I would much rather be setting up and playing than arguing/debating with you lot as to why this is a good game. If you can't see it, I can't help you. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and moan over 3.

I wasn't talking about you either. Heck, I prefer playing Sims 3 rather than being around here but my laptop's RAM isn't doing well with all the EPs anymore. Planning on getting a new one soon though.

I have to wonder if you prefer 3, why do you hang around a forum about 4? If you hate it so.....
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    To calm down the war between pro/con Sims 4 ...
    large.jpg
  • Options
    large.jpg

I got told when I posted kittehs to stop debate that it was ot. So same for you.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    large.jpg

I got told when I posted kittehs to stop debate that it was ot. So same for you.

giphy.gif

• Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member

This is the best part about Sims 4, clearly the people that love it to bits aren't even playing so we might as well prevent the Sims 4 general discussion from becoming a graveyard.

Why do you think I haven't been around much? It's because I am playing. And it all depends on my pt work schedule. But I would much rather be setting up and playing than arguing/debating with you lot as to why this is a good game. If you can't see it, I can't help you. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and moan over 3.

I wasn't talking about you either. Heck, I prefer playing Sims 3 rather than being around here but my laptop's RAM isn't doing well with all the EPs anymore. Planning on getting a new one soon though.

I have to wonder if you prefer 3, why do you hang around a forum about 4? If you hate it so.....

I have wondered that about a few other people
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,094 Member
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    I know my sims love coming home to four walls( all grey ) a hole in the ground for....taking a champion poo and a rugged fire pit for cooking their meals. Who cares about open worlds and pillows let them suffer!LOL Think about how you live in the real world. Do you buy things for your living spaces to improve your quality of living.........

Not really - I buy useful things. if someone wants decor and dust collectors - that is their business but not in my house. The less dust the better. I run air purifiers, love white walls - sterile environment. Conductive to clear heads and necessary for my health. I don't have visitors anyway. I am a very orderly person and have no need for junk.
    I agree to some degree. I prefer clean lines and simplicity in my living environment. My sims, for story play reasons do not, and I don't expect others to. Bringing this back to the topic about open worlds creating lag. Yes, but there are many other factors that add lag to the game as already stated.
  • Options
    steve7859 wrote: »

According to them, they are providing a service.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »

According to them, they are providing a service.

Very true
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Because she is part of our community and has the right to post as much as everyone?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    Whether you like TS4 or not, that's an opinion.

That from a game development and programming perspective, the engine is dumbed down, and the game failed to properly progress and innovate while taking out many core features from all the previous iterations instead of augmenting them, is a fact.

You are biased. Core features? No.

Actually, you are. Make the list of how many core features were scrapped instead of augmented or innovated. Look at the game from a development perspective and see how much it actually "advanced" and made true to the term "sequel". Then make a list of how many new features were implemented, and how they compare to the milestones accomplished in previous iterations.

Yet you forgive that 3 left off a bunch of core features.....

SIms 3 actually replaced what was removed with more than enough content. Obviously everyone has opinions on what was left out being worth it or not, but the fact of the matter is in terms of how much total content there was, 3 clearly had more than 2. Yet sims 4 clearly has a lot less to offer than 3.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I leave for a few hours and you people post 10 more pages. Lovely.
    And, of course, the argument in here goes round and round, round and round, round and round. The argument in here goes round and round all through the forum.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    simsace wrote: »

That from a game development and programming perspective, the engine is dumbed down, and the game failed to properly progress and innovate while taking out many core features from all the previous iterations instead of augmenting them, is a fact.

Actually, you are. Make the list of how many core features were scrapped instead of augmented or innovated. Look at the game from a development perspective and see how much it actually "advanced" and made true to the term "sequel". Then make a list of how many new features were implemented, and how they compare to the milestones accomplished in previous iterations.

SIms 3 actually replaced what was removed with more than enough content. Obviously everyone has opinions on what was left out being worth it or not, but the fact of the matter is in terms of how much total content there was, 3 clearly had more than 2. Yet sims 4 clearly has a lot less to offer than 3.

Content doesn't equate gameplay.....

No matter what I added to 3, the gameplay wasnt there.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I know my sims love coming home to four walls( all grey ) a hole in the ground for....taking a champion poo and a rugged fire pit for cooking their meals. Who cares about open worlds and pillows let them suffer!LOL Think about how you live in the real world. Do you buy things for your living spaces to improve your quality of living.........

Not really - I buy useful things. if someone wants decor and dust collectors - that is their business but not in my house. The less dust the better. I run air purifiers, love white walls - sterile environment. Conductive to clear heads and necessary for my health. I don't have visitors anyway. I am a very orderly person and have no need for junk.
    I agree to some degree. I prefer clean lines and simplicity in my living environment. My sims, for story play reasons do not, and I don't expect others to. Bringing this back to the topic about open worlds creating lag. Yes, but there are many other factors that add lag to the game as already stated.

Most definitely agree.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @fullspiral

The thread is about "Open world" and "Open world" is part of The Sims 3. It's normal to compare/speak about Sims 3 with Sims 4 in this thread. Please, don't tell to anyone what they have to post. This is "disrespectful" because as said @king_of_simcity7 "she is part of our community and has the right to post as much as everyone".

Thanks.

(yes, it's my revenge) :p
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member

that doesn't give sims 4 an excuse to have less.
  • Options

But it gives s3 what?

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hmmm yeah you right if they gave us a blank DVD it would not equate gameplay. I guess gussing over emotions is better gameplay. Content adds to gameplay just like you are waiting for an EP. Content, features, etc are all parts of a game. But you do not play anything other than Sims so you wouldn't know. We can debate this matter for all eternity the only winner in this is EA/Maxis. You think when someone complains about Sims 4 they are haters no, they and I are not because we care about where the Sims series is going but overall the direction is not controlled by you or me it is ultimately controlled by EA/Maxis and Sims 4 is a test to see where the next one goes if there is another to be had. We will eventually find in time what is the next move.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

But it gives s3 what?
    Superb content such as open world. Open world gameplay. Don't you just get it?

As cited from Wikipedia,

An open world is a type of video game level design where a player can roam freely through a virtual world and is given considerable freedom in choosing how or when to approach objectives.

It's not for sightseeing, it's for doing things with it.
  • Options

But it gives s3 what?

As cited from Wikipedia,

An open world is a type of video game level design where a player can roam freely through a virtual world and is given considerable freedom in choosing how or when to approach objectives.

You don't get it. I did the open world in 3. I've done without the open world in 1, 2, and 4.

• Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    No its the bad coding that made lag, games like GTA IV and ALL other GTAs have open worlds and do they lag? No. It was bad coding that made it lag, either that or all the EPs the game engine couldnt handle well.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member

But it gives s3 what?

As cited from Wikipedia,

I do miss open world more than I thought I would. Sigh...
    I wish I could have The Sims 1 expansion packs, The Sims 2 memory system, The Sims 3 CASt and Open World and The Sims 4 overall style all in the same game.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited December 2014

But it gives s3 what?

As cited from Wikipedia,

You don't get it. I did the open world in 3. I've done without the open world in 1, 2, and 4.
    Apparently, you don't. What is your point? I don't care if you have played without open world. We have done the same.