Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open world=Lag

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    I forgot to include. Yours sims can go anywhere in the open world. lol Can Sims 4 do that? They can even swim anywhere with the addition of Island Paradise.

Seemed like mermaids won't happen after all. Because where can they swim? In the pool? lol

So 4 years after the conception of sims 3, they got to swim in the oceans. Unfortunately, that was at the end of the S3 run.
    But hey, it's a content that TS4 will never have... Such a shame.

No one knows what content sims 4 can have. Don't base the sims off 3.
    It should be based off Sims 3. Otherwise, TS4 is just TS2.5

No. It shouldn't. Sims 3 was the anomaly. Sims 3 introduced even more mmo than any of the previous. And sims 3 became about the world and not the sims.

There's nothing 'massively multiplayer online' about The Sims 3....unless it's a typo and you meant Sims 4, because we all know that was meant to be a MMORPG.

Sorry. I meant rpg. Questing.

I disagree there, too. Sims 2 was more goal oriented in aspects, than Sims 3. So much so that my major issue with Sims 3 was that many objects felt more like props than actual fleshed out activities. E.g., the business objects from Sims 2 compared to that of Sims 3. Huge difference. Sims 2 had more consequential interactions between sims, where as Sims 3 was a little more shallow but less linear and more open.

It seems that Sims 4 is setting up to be more fleshed out with goals, activities etc which is similar to Sims 2.

I like both dollhouse and achievement style gameplay, so I'm cool either way.

Yes. And that's another thing I don't get, where people say that sims 3 was tougher. It was not.

And as I said. Sims 3 was an anomaly as far as sims go. Not nearly as in depth.

I like 4. I can't wait to see where it goes. I just hope they don't go back to 3.

I don't think it was an anomaly, I think it was an improvement in many aspects. They dropped the ball with the expansion packs and store content, big time. Mods show that it could have been done better, but wasn't.

This time, with Sims 4, they've dropped the ball in more aspects. Family play has taken a huge hit (family trees, toddlers) and creativity has taken a hit (CASt, open world, terrain modification, CAW).

Seems like they've left a lot upto being added in store and expansion content, but I reckon lots of people are sick of paying through the nose. Not to mention they tend to not fix in game issues, expecting people to mod.

I'm not playing this game to make my house picture perfect with patterns and styles. All you who do need the materialist trait.

People are people. I want the sims to be about people, and not the showroom house. That's materialistic. And that ain't me.

Calling people who enjoy aesthetics 'materialistic' is just as rude as calling people who like sims interactions drama queens who enjoy histrionics. Although looking at how people interact on these forums, I'd say the latter is pretty much correct. ;)

It's not rude. It's just a fact. Tell me how matching your pillows to your curtains matters in life?
    Tell me how "weirder stories" matter in life?

Ah geez. Just read any news. Life is weird. Sick even.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Have you looked into the lives of other people? Some are quite weird.
    Weird is exciting, darling. They have better personalities than just an average person.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,149 Member
    I know my sims love coming home to four walls( all grey ) a hole in the ground for....taking a champion poo and a rugged fire pit for cooking their meals. Who cares about open worlds and pillows let them suffer!LOL Think about how you live in the real world. Do you buy things for your living spaces to improve your quality of living.........
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014

It's not rude. It's just a fact. Tell me how matching your pillows to your curtains matters in life?
    Because it does. Otherwise people wouldn't bother don't you think?

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Niana wrote: »
    I forgot to include. Yours sims can go anywhere in the open world. lol Can Sims 4 do that? They can even swim anywhere with the addition of Island Paradise.

Seemed like mermaids won't happen after all. Because where can they swim? In the pool? lol

So 4 years after the conception of sims 3, they got to swim in the oceans. Unfortunately, that was at the end of the S3 run.

No. It shouldn't. Sims 3 was the anomaly. Sims 3 introduced even more mmo than any of the previous. And sims 3 became about the world and not the sims.

There's nothing 'massively multiplayer online' about The Sims 3....unless it's a typo and you meant Sims 4, because we all know that was meant to be a MMORPG.

I disagree there, too. Sims 2 was more goal oriented in aspects, than Sims 3. So much so that my major issue with Sims 3 was that many objects felt more like props than actual fleshed out activities. E.g., the business objects from Sims 2 compared to that of Sims 3. Huge difference. Sims 2 had more consequential interactions between sims, where as Sims 3 was a little more shallow but less linear and more open.

It seems that Sims 4 is setting up to be more fleshed out with goals, activities etc which is similar to Sims 2.

Yes. And that's another thing I don't get, where people say that sims 3 was tougher. It was not.

I like 4. I can't wait to see where it goes. I just hope they don't go back to 3.

I don't think it was an anomaly, I think it was an improvement in many aspects. They dropped the ball with the expansion packs and store content, big time. Mods show that it could have been done better, but wasn't.

This time, with Sims 4, they've dropped the ball in more aspects. Family play has taken a huge hit (family trees, toddlers) and creativity has taken a hit (CASt, open world, terrain modification, CAW).

Seems like they've left a lot upto being added in store and expansion content, but I reckon lots of people are sick of paying through the nose. Not to mention they tend to not fix in game issues, expecting people to mod.

I'm not playing this game to make my house picture perfect with patterns and styles. All you who do need the materialist trait.

People are people. I want the sims to be about people, and not the showroom house. That's materialistic. And that ain't me.

Calling people who enjoy aesthetics 'materialistic' is just as rude as calling people who like sims interactions drama queens who enjoy histrionics. Although looking at how people interact on these forums, I'd say the latter is pretty much correct. ;)

Quite a bit if you have fun doing it.

I found my bachelor pad oranges to match close enough. I'm not 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    This thread was about lag, right?

Is there anyone that has suffered no lag in TS3...besides myself? Certainly I cannot be the only one.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

Is there anyone that has suffered no lag in TS3...besides myself? Certainly I cannot be the only one.

Lag? what's lag? I haven't had any lag in a Sims game in years
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

I don't. I used to, but made the smart decision to get a new rig.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2014
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    I know my sims love coming home to four walls( all grey ) a hole in the ground for....taking a champion poo and a rugged fire pit for cooking their meals. Who cares about open worlds and pillows let them suffer!LOL Think about how you live in the real world. Do you buy things for your living spaces to improve your quality of living.........

Not really - I buy useful things. if someone wants decor and dust collectors - that is their business but not in my house. The less dust the better. I run air purifiers, love white walls - sterile environment. Conductive to clear heads and necessary for my health. I don't have visitors anyway. I am a very orderly person and have no need for junk.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Open World is the best <3
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member

I did have problems with cast once in Sims 3, But found out I downloaded a faulty pattern with a house from the exchange...
    Problem was solved after getting rid of that.
    Besides that, Sims 3 run nicely without lag and crashes.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited December 2014

Fullspiral wrote-

I wrote-
    Hmmm, you must think people are in a hive and think the same thoughts and do the same thing. No, we all think differently and do things differently. Sims series supposed to be a sandbox, light on RL and light on fantasy and comedy and which does not make Sims a true life simulator. Some people do like to match their pillowcases with their surroundings whatever that may be. You may think it is about people but it also about the secondary, the creativity of the sims and its surroundings. If you want the game to about the Sims and nothing else that is your choice but others want it to be different and about their experiences and not just yours and that is their choice, Sims has always been that way from Sims 1 to Sims 3. Sims 4 to some people has turned into a game of boredom even if it is a base game that has no draw to it and it is dull. I have the game and have not been back in it for some time because there is no creativity, regardless how well an sim acts it is only one part of the equation. Maxis has strayed away from the formula that Will Wright had concocted up and made the Sims fun into something that is unknown.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CASt does lag a bit with extended use. But in the long-term, it's fine.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    But this is a sims 4 forum. Not a sims 3 one.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member

What? LOL It's an opinion, and a method of game play. Just because you don't like it, or fail to see its value, doesn't mean that it's not valid.

But if you need more invalidation for your personal opinion of aesthetics not mattering, just look at how different Sims games were recieved. It's pretty clear that aesthetic options DO matter.
  • Options
    But this is a sims 4 forum. Not a sims 3 one.
    This thread is about a feature that is included in The Sims 3. This thread shouldn't even be in this section.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    And yet it seems the only way the Sims 4 section is staying alive is by people reminiscing over the better games. Sims 4 is an embarrassment to 2014 games and the Sims series.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    What I really don't get here is why people moan and groan about a game that they don't like.......moreover, why be here in the first place if you don't like it? Seems like a HUGE waste of your precious time anyway to post. And posting just to get your voice heard that you don't like the game? Hmmm.....maybe it would be best if you wrote an email or better yet tried calling EA to cry at them for the way they made the game. I doubt that they would even listen to your constant whining. There's no REAL constructive criticism here, just a bunch of "BOOO HOOO!!! They took this stuff away and made our sims look bad!!" coming from a minority.
  • Options

Me. The only rough parts I've had was in the island paradise world. And it only takes 3 mintues to fully load into a Sims 3 save.
  • Options

What? LOL It's an opinion, and a method of game play. Just because you don't like it, or fail to see its value, doesn't mean that it's not valid.

But if you need more invalidation for your personal opinion of aesthetics not mattering, just look at how different Sims games were recieved. It's pretty clear that aesthetic options DO matter.

You mean validation? Then it's clear that sims 2 wins. And that was for the gameplay and personalities of the sims themselves. It was sims 3 that offered those aesthetics. And they only matter to s3 lovers.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    And yet it seems the only way the Sims 4 section is staying alive is by people reminiscing over the better games. Sims 4 is an embarrassment to 2014 games and the Sims series.
    You need to add - "in your view" as not everyone feels like that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited December 2014
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Sims 3 is not a better game. That's only in the mind of s3 players who can't let go.

• Options
    Bear31 wrote: »
    What I really don't get here is why people moan and groan about a game that they don't like.......moreover, why be here in the first place if you don't like it? Seems like a HUGE waste of your precious time anyway to post. And posting just to get your voice heard that you don't like the game? Hmmm.....maybe it would be best if you wrote an email or better yet tried calling EA to cry at them for the way they made the game. I doubt that they would even listen to your constant whining. There's no REAL constructive criticism here, just a bunch of "BOOO HOOO!!! They took this stuff away and made our sims look bad!!" coming from a minority.

They've encouraged people to give all opinions, in the forums. So....
  • Options

You mean validation? Then it's clear that sims 2 wins. And that was for the gameplay and personalities of the sims themselves. It was sims 3 that offered those aesthetics. And they only matter to s3 lovers.
    If EA didn't cater to little kids as they did before, Sims 3 would've had better animations than its predecessors. Sims 4's interactions are nowhere near as good as Sims 3 either.