Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open world=Lag

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    And yet it seems the only way the Sims 4 section is staying alive is by people reminiscing over the better games. Sims 4 is an embarrassment to 2014 games and the Sims series.

Sims 3 is not a better game. That's only in the mind of s3 players who can't let go.
    Sims 4 right now is a poor game according to people who prefer Sims 2 and to people who prefer Sims 3.
    It has nothing to do with letting go. I'd like to let go, but I won't let go if the alternative is no fun.
    In fact I'm going to try Sims 2. That game sounds more appealing to me right now than Sims 4.
    Agree

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    And yet it seems the only way the Sims 4 section is staying alive is by people reminiscing over the better games. Sims 4 is an embarrassment to 2014 games and the Sims series.

Sims 3 is not a better game. That's only in the mind of s3 players who can't let go.
    Because they see Sims 4 as a dumbed down game that steps backwards instead of forward.

I don't see it that way. It's perception. I can play it and have fun just fine.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    What I really don't get here is why people moan and groan about a game that they don't like.......moreover, why be here in the first place if you don't like it? Seems like a HUGE waste of your precious time anyway to post. And posting just to get your voice heard that you don't like the game? Hmmm.....maybe it would be best if you wrote an email or better yet tried calling EA to cry at them for the way they made the game. I doubt that they would even listen to your constant whining. There's no REAL constructive criticism here, just a bunch of "BOOO HOOO!!! They took this stuff away and made our sims look bad!!" coming from a minority.

They've encouraged people to give all opinions, in the forums. So....

I believe the word of the day is "CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism........not to blast someone out of the water simply because they like the game, not to blast the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of a game just cause they want to be negative and drag everyone down.......youve got it ALL wrong........

I saw the post. They said that personal attacks are not allowed.

Yeah well, do YOU see the personal attacks EVERYWHERE?! Its a glorified troll invasion all over again with the negativity on this dang board. That is what I am saying.........ALL negativeness.........ALL attacks on people who like TS4.........they need to stop and stop acting like freakin' children! I see NO ONE giving CONSTRUCTIVE criticism here nor anywhere else. Its all a bunch of "boo hoo!! I miss open world (ect)!!" and "🐸🐸🐸🐸 EA!! FIX OUR GAME NOW!!" posts. That to me is the least constructive of criticism. Yes.......have your say.......say it once......and be done with it. But do these people understand that?! Nope, they don't. All I ever hear is moans and groans......
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I forgot to include. Yours sims can go anywhere in the open world. lol Can Sims 4 do that? They can even swim anywhere with the addition of Island Paradise.

Seemed like mermaids won't happen after all. Because where can they swim? In the pool? lol

So 4 years after the conception of sims 3, they got to swim in the oceans. Unfortunately, that was at the end of the S3 run.
    But hey, it's a content that TS4 will never have... Such a shame.

No one knows what content sims 4 can have. Don't base the sims off 3.
    It should be based off Sims 3. Otherwise, TS4 is just TS2.5

No. It shouldn't. Sims 3 was the anomaly. Sims 3 introduced even more mmo than any of the previous. And sims 3 became about the world and not the sims.

There's nothing 'massively multiplayer online' about The Sims 3....unless it's a typo and you meant Sims 4, because we all know that was meant to be a MMORPG.

Sorry. I meant rpg. Questing.

I disagree there, too. Sims 2 was more goal oriented in aspects, than Sims 3. So much so that my major issue with Sims 3 was that many objects felt more like props than actual fleshed out activities. E.g., the business objects from Sims 2 compared to that of Sims 3. Huge difference. Sims 2 had more consequential interactions between sims, where as Sims 3 was a little more shallow but less linear and more open.

It seems that Sims 4 is setting up to be more fleshed out with goals, activities etc which is similar to Sims 2.

I like both dollhouse and achievement style gameplay, so I'm cool either way.

Yes. And that's another thing I don't get, where people say that sims 3 was tougher. It was not.

And as I said. Sims 3 was an anomaly as far as sims go. Not nearly as in depth.

I like 4. I can't wait to see where it goes. I just hope they don't go back to 3.

I don't think it was an anomaly, I think it was an improvement in many aspects. They dropped the ball with the expansion packs and store content, big time. Mods show that it could have been done better, but wasn't.

This time, with Sims 4, they've dropped the ball in more aspects. Family play has taken a huge hit (family trees, toddlers) and creativity has taken a hit (CASt, open world, terrain modification, CAW).

Seems like they've left a lot upto being added in store and expansion content, but I reckon lots of people are sick of paying through the nose. Not to mention they tend to not fix in game issues, expecting people to mod.

I'm not playing this game to make my house picture perfect with patterns and styles. All you who do need the materialist trait.

People are people. I want the sims to be about people, and not the showroom house. That's materialistic. And that ain't me.

Calling people who enjoy aesthetics 'materialistic' is just as rude as calling people who like sims interactions drama queens who enjoy histrionics. Although looking at how people interact on these forums, I'd say the latter is pretty much correct. ;)

It's not rude. It's just a fact. Tell me how matching your pillows to your curtains matters in life?

What? LOL It's an opinion, and a method of game play. Just because you don't like it, or fail to see its value, doesn't mean that it's not valid.

But if you need more invalidation for your personal opinion of aesthetics not mattering, just look at how different Sims games were recieved. It's pretty clear that aesthetic options DO matter.

You mean validation? Then it's clear that sims 2 wins. And that was for the gameplay and personalities of the sims themselves. It was sims 3 that offered those aesthetics. And they only matter to s3 lovers.
    If EA didn't cater to little kids as they did before, Sims 3 would've had better animations than its predecessors. Sims 4's interactions are nowhere near as good as Sims 3 either.

"In your view".

@Jimil

You better do as she says, or she'll 'track you down'.
    Who is "she"?

Reg. She made a comment a few months ago about 'tracking down' an obnoxious forum member. Now, she didn't specify it was me, but I don't take kindly to veiled threats. :)

What I really don't get here is why people moan and groan about a game that they don't like.......moreover, why be here in the first place if you don't like it? Seems like a HUGE waste of your precious time anyway to post. And posting just to get your voice heard that you don't like the game? Hmmm.....maybe it would be best if you wrote an email or better yet tried calling EA to cry at them for the way they made the game. I doubt that they would even listen to your constant whining. There's no REAL constructive criticism here, just a bunch of "BOOO HOOO!!! They took this stuff away and made our sims look bad!!" coming from a minority.

I believe the word of the day is "CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism........not to blast someone out of the water simply because they like the game, not to blast the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of a game just cause they want to be negative and drag everyone down.......youve got it ALL wrong........
    Hey now. I feel so left out. I did made points on why I love TS3. I even made proper and factual statistics and observations.

And that's cool.......you are entitled to like a game, just like I am entitled to like the newest one out there. And making points as to why you love TS3? Great! But post once, leave it alone, and thats it......not much else to it.........you want to be heard and that is what you are aiming for? Email......both here and real email.........or call. Best choices there are instead of all the negative posts.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Whether you like TS4 or not, that's an opinion.

That from a game development and programming perspective, the engine is dumbed down, and the game failed to properly progress and innovate while taking out many core features from all the previous iterations instead of augmenting them, is a fact.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    I forgot to include. Yours sims can go anywhere in the open world. lol Can Sims 4 do that? They can even swim anywhere with the addition of Island Paradise.

Seemed like mermaids won't happen after all. Because where can they swim? In the pool? lol

So 4 years after the conception of sims 3, they got to swim in the oceans. Unfortunately, that was at the end of the S3 run.

No. It shouldn't. Sims 3 was the anomaly. Sims 3 introduced even more mmo than any of the previous. And sims 3 became about the world and not the sims.

There's nothing 'massively multiplayer online' about The Sims 3....unless it's a typo and you meant Sims 4, because we all know that was meant to be a MMORPG.

I disagree there, too. Sims 2 was more goal oriented in aspects, than Sims 3. So much so that my major issue with Sims 3 was that many objects felt more like props than actual fleshed out activities. E.g., the business objects from Sims 2 compared to that of Sims 3. Huge difference. Sims 2 had more consequential interactions between sims, where as Sims 3 was a little more shallow but less linear and more open.

It seems that Sims 4 is setting up to be more fleshed out with goals, activities etc which is similar to Sims 2.

Yes. And that's another thing I don't get, where people say that sims 3 was tougher. It was not.

I like 4. I can't wait to see where it goes. I just hope they don't go back to 3.

I don't think it was an anomaly, I think it was an improvement in many aspects. They dropped the ball with the expansion packs and store content, big time. Mods show that it could have been done better, but wasn't.

This time, with Sims 4, they've dropped the ball in more aspects. Family play has taken a huge hit (family trees, toddlers) and creativity has taken a hit (CASt, open world, terrain modification, CAW).

Seems like they've left a lot upto being added in store and expansion content, but I reckon lots of people are sick of paying through the nose. Not to mention they tend to not fix in game issues, expecting people to mod.

I'm not playing this game to make my house picture perfect with patterns and styles. All you who do need the materialist trait.

People are people. I want the sims to be about people, and not the showroom house. That's materialistic. And that ain't me.

Calling people who enjoy aesthetics 'materialistic' is just as rude as calling people who like sims interactions drama queens who enjoy histrionics. Although looking at how people interact on these forums, I'd say the latter is pretty much correct. ;)

It's not rude. It's just a fact. Tell me how matching your pillows to your curtains matters in life?

What? LOL It's an opinion, and a method of game play. Just because you don't like it, or fail to see its value, doesn't mean that it's not valid.

But if you need more invalidation for your personal opinion of aesthetics not mattering, just look at how different Sims games were recieved. It's pretty clear that aesthetic options DO matter.

You mean validation? Then it's clear that sims 2 wins. And that was for the gameplay and personalities of the sims themselves. It was sims 3 that offered those aesthetics. And they only matter to s3 lovers.

It's clear that Sims 2 wins? I need proof for that fact.

But none the less, it's clear that currently Sims 4 has missed the mark. Just check all the reviews for proof.

This entire discussion, between you and I is pointless. You're asserting that you, and your way of playing is the only valid way. I'm asserting that by catering to a wide swathe of players, everyone will be happy. It's not an either, or, choice.

Many games have huge worlds, with depth of gameplay and options upto your armpits.

No. By far you have missed my mark. I'm playing this game for what it has to offer. And I find it quite good.

What I "see" is people saying they can't play it unless it has this, this, or this. And in that respect, they, themselves impose those limitations.

Well, I don't mine the game either. It's ok.

Problem is, is that compared to other games, it's nowhere near as much content filled as it should be. People really should be speaking up about it, or else the series will be canned.

Seeing the content in other games....Simmers are getting robbed blind.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2014
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Because they see Sims 4 as a dumbed down game that steps backwards instead of forward.

I don't see it that way. It's perception. I can play it and have fun just fine.
    Because that is the way you see it, but others do not, you can play it does not mean everyone else can. My post is my opinion and that is how I feel. If people have fun playing and people do not that is what float our boats. We all are never going to see eye to eye on Sims 4 and everything is up to EA/Maxis where do they want to take this and what level.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    HollowVoid wrote: »

That from a game development and programming perspective, the engine is dumbed down, and the game failed to properly progress and innovate while taking out many core features from all the previous iterations instead of augmenting them, is a fact.

You are biased. Core features? No.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2014

If EA didn't cater to little kids as they did before, Sims 3 would've had better animations than its predecessors. Sims 4's interactions are nowhere near as good as Sims 3 either.

"In your view".

@Jimil

Who is "she"?

Reg. She made a comment a few months ago about 'tracking down' an obnoxious forum member. Now, she didn't specify it was me, but I don't take kindly to veiled threats. :)

I assure you it wasn't you. I did find them and i wasn't the only one looking. Exactly why would I be interested in tracking
    you or jimil down anyway?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited December 2014

I saw the post. They said that personal attacks are not allowed.

NM......just read something........carry on
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Interesting how the people that says this never actually tried the game. I played Sims 1, 2 and 3 and they are all 100% better than Sims 4.

Ohh sorry, is a game where your sim sits in-front of a rock to mine gems like a facebook game better than one where you can explore?

Actually, you are. Make the list of how many core features were scrapped instead of augmented or innovated. Look at the game from a development perspective and see how much it actually "advanced" and made true to the term "sequel". Then make a list of how many new features were implemented, and how they compare to the milestones accomplished in previous iterations.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited December 2014

"In your view".

@Jimil

Who is "she"?

I ain't scared of nobody here. Are they gonna report me? How? Are they gonna say that I'm spreading lies and controversies? lmao right. I certainly am not obnoxious either.

Hey now. I feel so left out. I did made points on why I love TS3. I even made proper and factual statistics and observations.

And that's cool.......you are entitled to like a game, just like I am entitled to like the newest one out there. And making points as to why you love TS3? Great! But post once, leave it alone, and thats it......not much else to it.........you want to be heard and that is what you are aiming for? Email......both here and real email.........or call. Best choices there are instead of all the negative posts.
    I'm not trying to be heard by EA. I am simply stating facts. I can't just ignore something. It's just not me.

I wonder if you can even say that to those two. Ask them what are they aiming for. You see, we're all on the same boat on throwing negative responses to each other. You can't leave all the blame to me.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    OMG people. None of you on either strongly held side are going to convince any of you on the other strongly held side. Enough already.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Interesting how the people that says this never actually tried the game. I played Sims 1, 2 and 3 and they are all 100% better than Sims 4.

Ohh sorry, is a game where your sim sits in-front of a rock to mine gems like a facebook game better than one where you can explore?

You get me wrong. I like sims 3 . I have no problem with it. But I like sims 1, 2 and 4 too!

I don't need sims 3 features to make my sims game good. And if I wish to, I can go back to that series to play it out! I really, REALLY want to see where sims 4 goes!

Mind, the devs did it a disservice when they did the bro/gym/park thing in let's plays. I realized the instant they did it that they didn't have a clue as to how I play. But I can see beyond that.

I kinda liken it to my sis who can't go through open houses and see the house beyond the owner's decor. She bases the house on that. She can't see the potential of what a house "might" be if it was hers to design.

I see that in this forum a lot.

Actually, you are. Make the list of how many core features were scrapped instead of augmented or innovated. Look at the game from a development perspective and see how much it actually "advanced" and made true to the term "sequel". Then make a list of how many new features were implemented, and how they compare to the milestones accomplished in previous iterations.

Yet you forgive that 3 left off a bunch of core features.....
    OMG people. None of you on either strongly held side are going to convince any of you on the other strongly held side. Enough already.

This is the best part about Sims 4, clearly the people that love it to bits aren't even playing so we might as well prevent the Sims 4 general discussion from becoming a graveyard.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2014

This is the best part about Sims 4, clearly the people that love it to bits aren't even playing so we might as well prevent the Sims 4 general discussion from becoming a graveyard.

I'd rather see a graveyard here at this point than this sort of done-to-death nasty argument, over and over and over again. Maybe people who left because they were sick of every plum topic turning into this back-and-forth might come back. Personally, most of my discussion with fellow Simmers, apart from the tech forum, is now elsewhere. These arguments -- arguments that won't change anybody's mind -- have made this forum unwelcoming and unpleasant. I feel sorry for new or would-be Simmers who come here instead of elsewhere looking for community or just with a simple question.

As for people posting here as evidence that they're not playing, that's plain silly -- nobody plays games 24/7 -- and has been answered to death here too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited December 2014

Yet you forgive that 3 left off a bunch of core features.....
    Not quite. That's why I said to make a list and compare the milestones. TS4 is the base game that has scrapped the most core and non-core features of any iteration yet while failing to progress the series. Even if a few features well left out in TS2 and TS3, their advancements, augmentations, innovations, completely overshadow the small missing features and give a completely new gameplay. After about 9 years of open worlds and loading screens, they were finally augmented to open worlds. Just the ability to roam a world free of constraints made the iteration unique and the gameplay completely different. Customization was augmented and innovated upon, giving us tools to customize just about anything for those with creative inclinations (not all that "materialistic" garbage you labeled them as). All those sequels felt like sequels, because they improved and innovated on so many core and non-core features that they felt like sequels and unique games.

I find it ironic and perhaps with a bit of hypocrisy that you felt the need to make a new thread to "implore" the devs not to turn TS4 into TS3, yet you completely overlook how TS4 core gameplay is that of TS2 and how some of the game's functionality is that of TS1. What, you have no problems with the game being made like TS1 and TS2 but do have a problem with TS3 functionality making it into the game?

"In your view".

@Jimil

Who is "she"?

I ain't scared of nobody here. Are they gonna report me? How? Are they gonna say that I'm spreading lies and controversies? lmao right. I certainly am not obnoxious either.

I'm not trying to be heard by EA. I am simply stating facts. I can't just ignore something. It's just not me.

I wonder if you can even say that to those two. Ask them what are they aiming for. You see, we're all on the same boat on throwing negative responses to each other. You can't leave all the blame to me

Not blaming you, I'm blaming the ones that started being negative to those who stated opinions. Selena and Full might have stated opinions that others aren't cool with. Fine. But to throw negativity their way.....no matter who it was that did it....and no matter who threw the first "punch"......is not cool at all. There's just no need for it.

@Luthienrising.....you are right and that's all I'm saying in the matter cause I need to go AND I see no point to go on and on about it

Why do you think I haven't been around much? It's because I am playing. And it all depends on my pt work schedule. But I would much rather be setting up and playing than arguing/debating with you lot as to why this is a good game. If you can't see it, I can't help you. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and moan over 3.

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    AiHaou wrote: »
    The open world and create a style is part of the reason why sims 3 lagged so much.
    Just read the OP so I'm sure I repeat many, but how come then my S3 game isn't lagging on my three years old computer?
    I would like some tips then :)

Out of the box, it's laggy.
    Open world obviously take more process power (that's a fact).
    But some stuff in TS3 lacks optimization as well.

I hardly started ts3 since i have ts4. Can't stand the long loading times :(
    Ever heard of NRaas mods? They saved my game's plum.

A company shouldn't rely on mods. They should fix it themselves.
    I completely agree, but what are you gonna do. It's the same case with TS4, too.

I haven't used mods for any of my sims games. I have less issues with 4.
    By mods I meant the one that fixes the aging glitch, since EA apparently didn't bother to do so.

Was there an aging glitch in 3? I never noticed. lol
    I meant the one from TS4. Shimrod's mod. :p

Is there an aging glitch in 4? I never noticed. lol
    The "wide jaw, small eyes" glitch.

Oh. I still haven't seen it. But then, I just play the game.
    Same with other players out there. Believe it or not, there might even be a simmer who has never experienced glitches, lag, and crashes in SIms 3. Glitches don't define a game. It's the content the game has to offer.

And sims 3 regarding the sims themselves has nothing to offer. (imo). Plus they are ugly to boot. without cc. The only thing I REALLY like about sims 3 is World Adventures. And that's why it's still on my computer.

I might be alone here but I've seen a lot of Sims 4 sims and they are all ugly to me. Maybe it's their plastic faces and hyperactive eyebrows, or the melted looking hair. I don't know but they look hideous to me. I prefer Sims 3 sims.

I agree that the hair in Sims 4 is the worst I've seen in the Sims series. It's awful.

Why do you think I haven't been around much? It's because I am playing. And it all depends on my pt work schedule. But I would much rather be setting up and playing than arguing/debating with you lot as to why this is a good game. If you can't see it, I can't help you. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and moan over 3.

I wasn't talking about you either. Heck, I prefer playing Sims 3 rather than being around here but my laptop's RAM isn't doing well with all the EPs anymore. Planning on getting a new one soon though.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    SelenaGrey wrote: »

I really don't get it either. If I decide a game is not for me, I don't waste my time on it. I don't stay on the forums of that game either. It's good to leave feedback in the feedback thread provided, but why spend any more time than that on a game you hate? Why not go do something that puts you in a good mood, rather than dwell on something you find to be a disappointment.

I'm all for constructive feedback and criticism but just going from thread after thread leaving snide, exaggerated and sarcastic remarks about a game you can't stand does seem like an incredible waste of ones time.
    Yeah, that's me on the GTA 5 forum, and MineCraft, and SimCity, and Football Manager 2015. Not there.
    Sims however is a game for me (and many others). That's why we're strifing.

5JZ57S6.png