Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Thank you @rosemow, I am struggling today, the pain is still there and it's causing a lot of problems as some family members don't understand why I'm not up and back to normal yet.

I'm feeling a bit depressed and things, but I'm trying to stay positive, I have over five weeks to recover still (which is not as much as I would have thought for this type of surgery) I'm hoping I will heal well and feel a lot more happy soon.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow, I am struggling today, the pain is still there and it's causing a lot of problems as some family members don't understand why I'm not up and back to normal yet.

I'm feeling a bit depressed and things, but I'm trying to stay positive, I have over five weeks to recover still (which is not as much as I would have thought for this type of surgery) I'm hoping I will heal well and feel a lot more happy soon.

Hello @Clarkie100. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling today and are in a lot of pain. I hope that the pain will ease for you. It is understandable that you will have times when you are feeling a bit down because you have had a big operation. Your body is needing to heal, and it can be a very tiring process. It will take time. Try to take each day by day at time. Try to find things that you enjoy doing that will help you to feel a little happier , even if they are just little things that are just for a few moments that they make you feel a bit more happier and less of a struggle. I send lots of big hugs to you <3 You have us here supporting you and caring about you. Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    For the past few months, I have been working on being more positive and trying hard not to let many things bother me as much. Social media doesn't help, but I need to work on ignoring all of the bigotry, intolerance and hatred I see on Facebook daily. I have been unfollowing people and pages that make me feel terrible because they're downright negative. I lost internet connection last Saturday due to a freak accident (someone yanked the cable down from the pole with a U-Haul truck) and the break from social media felt euphoric. I actually had a very good week emotionally and mentally. Then last night on my way home from a Comic Convention, I receive a text full of family drama from my sister. Later in the evening my aunt calls with more drama. I wanted to pack my bags and move to an uncharted island with absolutely no connections to the outside world. I love my family, but I don't appreciate their constant drama. I just wish they would all stop telling stories (each one has a very different version), stop dragging me into their messes and leave me alone. I'm reaching the boiling point.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Debplayer487533 Thank you. *hugs*
    @FloridaSimmer Ah, yes, parent problems (fighting). They have quite a few of those...
    @Clarkie100 *hugs* I'm sorry your family isn't being very supportive - hopefully that one family member is still helping. We're always here. *hugs*
    @Kaike78 I barely even use facebook anymore, and that has helped me - perhaps that could help you. You don't have to permanently cut it out of your life, though - start by simply cutting the time your on facebook more and more until you're on it as little as possible. It might take time, yes, but it's worth it (in my opinion). I've found that Pintrest and YouTube are good replacements to facebook. If you want to find a good youtuber, look up Markiplier. Also, try to avoid all of the family drama. I don't often get involved with "he said, she said" - in my family, it's mostly bad stuff. If I do get involved, it's only to give a little bit of input.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Kaike78 wrote: »
    For the past few months, I have been working on being more positive and trying hard not to let many things bother me as much. Social media doesn't help, but I need to work on ignoring all of the bigotry, intolerance and hatred I see on Facebook daily. I have been unfollowing people and pages that make me feel terrible because they're downright negative. I lost internet connection last Saturday due to a freak accident (someone yanked the cable down from the pole with a U-Haul truck) and the break from social media felt euphoric. I actually had a very good week emotionally and mentally. Then last night on my way home from a Comic Convention, I receive a text full of family drama from my sister. Later in the evening my aunt calls with more drama. I wanted to pack my bags and move to an uncharted island with absolutely no connections to the outside world. I love my family, but I don't appreciate their constant drama. I just wish they would all stop telling stories (each one has a very different version), stop dragging me into their messes and leave me alone. I'm reaching the boiling point.

Hello @Kaike78. There is a lot of negativeness that appears on social media, which doesn't help when you are trying to feel more positive, and doesn't help if you are feeling anxious or enduring through depression. I am glad that last week you had a good week emotionally and mentally, but am sorry that you have now had the messages and calls from your family that have upset you. Sometimes life can feel hard when you are pulled into issues and seek to cope with the issues of your family, and try to offer support for them. You see and hear different viewpoints, and it would be tiring on you, both the listening and how to respond to it. You are not feeling too well in yourself and this adds more pressure to your life and how you are feeling. I send big hugs to you <3 When you can, try to continue to look for the positive things. Try to take deep breaths, and do the little things that make you feel a little bit happy, calmer and relaxed. You are a very special person. I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself, my painkillers are running low and only one family member is helping me to recover, the others act like I've had nothing done and won't do anything to help me. One even told me to shut up when I asked why they wouldn't help. :'(

Trust me I understand how your feeling, I have two family members who stay 10 minutes from me. I always feel like I can't depend on them for nothing.

new.png
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 and @rosemow Thank you both for your input. I appreciate that more than you know. <3
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Clarkie100. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling today and are in a lot of pain. I hope that the pain will ease for you. It is understandable that you will have times when you are feeling a bit down because you have had a big operation. Your body is needing to heal, and it can be a very tiring process. It will take time. Try to take each day by day at time. Try to find things that you enjoy doing that will help you to feel a little happier , even if they are just little things that are just for a few moments that they make you feel a bit more happier and less of a struggle. I send lots of big hugs to you <3 You have us here supporting you and caring about you. Sending another hug to you <3

Thank you @rosemow I was briefly in A&E at my local hospital after a stumble on the stairs. Thankfully everything appears to still be okay, the staff there are extremely kind and understanding, and they've given me strong painkillers as I had run out.

Thank you for all of your support, I am already feeling much happier. I am sending you lots of hugs back. :heart:
  • Options
    misty4m wrote: »
    I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself, my painkillers are running low and only one family member is helping me to recover, the others act like I've had nothing done and won't do anything to help me. One even told me to shut up when I asked why they wouldn't help. :'(

Trust me I understand how your feeling, I have two family members who stay 10 minutes from me. I always feel like I can't depend on them for nothing.

I am sorry, I completely understand. I am beginning to feel happier and I will try to not let things get me down.
  • Options
    @Debplayer487533 Thank you. *hugs*
    @FloridaSimmer Ah, yes, parent problems (fighting). They have quite a few of those...
    @Clarkie100 *hugs* I'm sorry your family isn't being very supportive - hopefully that one family member is still helping. We're always here. *hugs*
    @Kaike78 I barely even use facebook anymore, and that has helped me - perhaps that could help you. You don't have to permanently cut it out of your life, though - start by simply cutting the time your on facebook more and more until you're on it as little as possible. It might take time, yes, but it's worth it (in my opinion). I've found that Pintrest and YouTube are good replacements to facebook. If you want to find a good youtuber, look up Markiplier. Also, try to avoid all of the family drama. I don't often get involved with "he said, she said" - in my family, it's mostly bad stuff. If I do get involved, it's only to give a little bit of input.

Thank you @SilentWolf101 :) The support I have received here is amazing and has really helped me. I cannot thank you and others enough.
  • Options

Thank you @rosemow I was briefly in A&E at my local hospital after a stumble on the stairs. Thankfully everything appears to still be okay, the staff there are extremely kind and understanding, and they've given me strong painkillers as I had run out.

Thank you for all of your support, I am already feeling much happier. I am sending you lots of hugs back. :heart:

Hello @Clarkie100. I am sorry to hear that you had a stumble on the stairs and needed to go to the hospital. It is good that you are okay after it, but you would be feeling shaken by it. Falls can be unsettling and can leave bruises. I am glad that the medical staff were kind and caring to you, and that they have given you some more strong pain killers. You needed the tablets to help you to cope with and ease the pain.
    I am keeping you in my thoughts :)
  • Options

I can completely understand, I often find Facebook to be a bit of a negative place. Sometimes we have to do things that make us feel better and choosing who to follow or "friend" is important, those sites should be a positive place to visit.

Family's can be both great and stressful at the same time, I'm sure your family love you, and I hope you are okay.
  • Options

Hello @Clarkie100. I am sorry to hear that you had a stumble on the stairs and needed to go to the hospital. It is good that you are okay after it, but you would be feeling shaken by it. Falls can be unsettling and can leave bruises. I am glad that the medical staff were kind and caring to you, and that they have given you some more strong pain killers. You needed the tablets to help you to cope with and ease the pain.
    I am keeping you in my thoughts :)

Thank you @rosemow I'm not sure how I managed to stumble down the stairs, I'm just thankful no damage was done. The painkillers are really helping too.

I'm looking forward to Thursday, it will be nice to have the drains removed and the bandages changed. :)
  • Options
    sidetti wrote: »
    This is the happiest, most supportive thread I think I've ever seen on a forum. :) You truly are an inspiration, rosemow!

I've had a lot of trouble just eating lately. I think I MAY have an eating dissorder, but I just can't be sure until I see a doctor, which I really don't want to do. I'm pretty underweight, and sometimes I'll just go a few days without eating. It's like I have 0 appetite, and food just tastes/feels... gross, all the time. :(

Make sure to make an appointment with your doctor, having 0 appetite and going for days without eating can have an effect on your health.
    new.png
  • Options
    Hello Guys. Thanks for all the nice, caring comments about my mum. I do have sad news though. My dad told me this morning she has passed away. I am feeling super depressed.

I will be keeping you and your family in prayer.
    new.png
  • Options
    djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    At the moment life sucks at the moment, I want to get away from it all.
  • Options
    djaygamer wrote: »
    At the moment life sucks at the moment, I want to get away from it all.

Hello @djaygamer. I am sorry that you are going through hard times in your life. It is not nice when we go through times where life feels a bit overwhelming. It is hard for you. I will keep you in my thoughts in all that your life holds. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    Thanks rosemow, some times I get into the game for a bit of escapism. At the moment I feel down a lot, got a bit a of a head cold - under the weather. So not feeling well physicaly and emotional at the moment but thanks for your thoughts.
  • Options
    djaygamer wrote: »
    Thanks rosemow, some times I get into the game for a bit of escapism. At the moment I feel down a lot, got a bit a of a head cold - under the weather. So not feeling well physicaly and emotional at the moment but thanks for your thoughts.

Simming is good to do to have a break from real life and the pressures that it holds. It can help us relax as we enjoy watching our sims living their lives. I hope that you feel better from your head cold very soon. Colds make us feel not too well, and are tiring on our bodies. I hope that you can get some rest and that it helps you.
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    Hello everyone :smile: I'm a little behind so I won't mention anyone in particular. I have read through a lot of the back posts and I just want to ad my hugs and support. I understand about family drama and how life can bring you down sometimes, but just know that there's people like myself and others who care and are here for you as you are here for me. Have a great day my friends.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    cristill13 wrote: »
    Hello everyone :smile: I'm a little behind so I won't mention anyone in particular. I have read through a lot of the back posts and I just want to ad my hugs and support. I understand about family drama and how life can bring you down sometimes, but just know that there's people like myself and others who care and are here for you as you are here for me. Have a great day my friends.

Hello @cristill13 :) Thankyou for your kind and caring words and support to everyone. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options

I can completely understand, I often find Facebook to be a bit of a negative place. Sometimes we have to do things that make us feel better and choosing who to follow or "friend" is important, those sites should be a positive place to visit.

Family's can be both great and stressful at the same time, I'm sure your family love you, and I hope you are okay.

I'm better today than I was last night. :) Thank you.

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    Hello Guys. Thanks for all the nice, caring comments about my mum. I do have sad news though. My dad told me this morning she has passed away. I am feeling super depressed.

:( I am so sorry.

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    skfmyersskfmyers Posts: 159 Member
    I read all the posts here, but I don't comment very often, oftentimes because I don't feel like I have anything to add or contribute. (I've been a bit down lately, but it will pass. It always does.)

But it always make me feel better just to read the comments, because everyone's always so caring and positive towards one another. Everyone needs a space like this, and for those of us who can't find it in person, I'm glad we all have one online.
    "The worst is not, So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'" - Wm. Shakespeare, King Lear, Act IV Scene 1
  • Options
    skfmyers wrote: »
    I read all the posts here, but I don't comment very often, oftentimes because I don't feel like I have anything to add or contribute. (I've been a bit down lately, but it will pass. It always does.)

But it always make me feel better just to read the comments, because everyone's always so caring and positive towards one another. Everyone needs a space like this, and for those of us who can't find it in person, I'm glad we all have one online.

Hello @skfmyers. I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling a bit down lately. I send big hugs to you <3 We sometimes go through times when we don't feel as good as other times. I send special thoughts to you.
    Thank you for your kind words about the thread. It is very nice how everyone caringly supports and helps each other through what their lives are holding. It helps us as we live each day by day.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top