Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself, my painkillers are running low and only one family member is helping me to recover, the others act like I've had nothing done and won't do anything to help me. One even told me to shut up when I asked why they wouldn't help. :'(
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    Family can be mean sometimes @Clarkie100. It's best if you rest if you don't have much help. A sleepover with a sympathetic friend could be a nice solution. Just do what you can without taxing yourself. All those things you want to get done can wait. Hugs <3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    This is amazing, I love when communities come together to support one another like this. Especially when all to often on the internet you just see people trying to tear each other down.
    I wanted to put a couple things out there. First, is this:
    1 (800) 273-8255
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

If you or someone you know is thinking of taking their own life do not hesitate to call.

Secondly, I found a website that give information for all sorts of various help lines. allaboutcounseling.com/crisis_hotlines.htm

I don't know how much of this will help those in our community outside of the united states, but it's a start, i guess?

Hello @konfusedwithak. Thankyou very much for posting the very helpful resources of the phone number and the website. It is very caring and thoughtful of you. Sending a hug to you <3
  • Options
    I want to wish everyone a good weekend coming up!

Remain strong, take one day at a time!

*hugs*

Hello @charlotteprice :) I hope that you have a very nice weekend too. Thankyou for your hugs and I send them back you too <3
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself, my painkillers are running low and only one family member is helping me to recover, the others act like I've had nothing done and won't do anything to help me. One even told me to shut up when I asked why they wouldn't help. :'(

I have found that "some" people just don't understand when it comes to an illness because they have not gone thru it before. Then there are some people that are just born to be rude, LOL. There will come a day when they will realize the things they have said/done was not very nice and it will come back on them in the form of Karma.

I know what its like to be low on pain killers. Seems they don't want to give you many due to getting hooked on them. I had a triple surgery once and I had to stretch my pain pills and it was rough.

Rest is the best medicine. Try to rest as much as possible and if it hurts to move around, try not to get up as often unless you have to.

Just hang in there, stay strong, and put those thoughts out of your mind. Read a book or something and forget the words that were said by your family members. Focus on you and your health!

Prayers sent your way!

*hugs*
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

*hugs*

Hello @charlotteprice :) I hope that you have a very nice weekend too. Thankyou for your hugs and I send them back you too <3

rosemow, my friend avoids me as much as possible, LOL. She is looking for a place to live (so she says) she did ask to stay another week, but I just looked at her and never answered. She stays in her room, on the computer the whole time she is here. She doesn't offer to clean or help out. I know if someone took me in for free I would be helping, but that's just me. I am disappointed in her and I am so ready for her to leave.

Fingers crossed here!

*hugs*
  • Options

Hello @Clarkie100. I am sorry to hear that your family are not supporting you. It would be upsetting for you to not have their help and care for you. Try to get the rest that you need to heal after your surgery, and concentrate on doing things in your home that will make you feel better as you regain strength and your body continues to heal. Try to not let the lack of support from upsetting you for it will hurt your health both mentally and physically. I hope that you are able to get some more painkillers soon to ease the pain.
    I send lots of big hugs to you <3 I continue to keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options

*hugs*

rosemow, my friend avoids me as much as possible, LOL. She is looking for a place to live (so she says) she did ask to stay another week, but I just looked at her and never answered. She stays in her room, on the computer the whole time she is here. She doesn't offer to clean or help out. I know if someone took me in for free I would be helping, but that's just me. I am disappointed in her and I am so ready for her to leave.

Fingers crossed here!

*hugs*

Hello @charlotteprice. I hope that your friend can find a new place to live very soon. It is an uncomfortable situation that you are in at the moment. You are so very, very caring and thoughtful to have provided her a special home for her to stay in, as well as providing food, support, money and encouragement. You are a very kind lady. I hope that her preparations to leave will go well. It is a stressful position that you are in with her, and not good for your health, especially with your health issues that you live with. I send big hugs to you and keep you in my thoughts <3
  • Options

Hello @Clarkie100. I am sorry to hear that your family are not supporting you. It would be upsetting for you to not have their help and care for you. Try to get the rest that you need to heal after your surgery, and concentrate on doing things in your home that will make you feel better as you regain strength and your body continues to heal. Try to not let the lack of support from upsetting you for it will hurt your health both mentally and physically. I hope that you are able to get some more painkillers soon to ease the pain.
    I send lots of big hugs to you <3 I continue to keep you in my thoughts.

Thank you @rosemow I am trying my best to get better, it is such a shame though. Thank you for all your support. I am sending you loads of hugs back. :heart:
  • Options

*hugs*

Fingers crossed here!

*hugs*

I agree, helping to clean etc, is what they should be doing, especially after all the help and support you have given them. I hope you are okay.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    *hugs* We're always here for you, Clarkie100.

@charlotteprice *hugs*
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    *hugs* We're always here for you, Clarkie100.

@charlotteprice *hugs*

Thank you @SilentWolf101 I honestly don't know how I would cope without everyone's support here. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    I have no idea whats up with me today, i just feel gloomy
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    ROMIRE wrote: »

Hello @ROMIRE. I am sorry that you are not feeling too good today. I send hugs to you <3 Sometimes we have days when we are not feeling so good and we don't why we feel that way, and then other days we feel better. Perhaps try listening to some music that you enjoy listening to, or read a book, or go for a walk outdoors or do something that you enjoy doing to try to help ease how you are feeling. You may feel better later on today. Tomorrow is also a new day. We take a day by day as live our daily life.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    I am sorry that you are having trouble sleeping, sleep is very important for our health and it is extremely stressful when we can't get a good night's sleep.

Hopefully the vitamin D will also help, being low on vitamins can make us feel extremely unwell.

I am thinking of you and sending you hugs.
    Yeah, I've been struggling with these stuff for seven years now. Whenever I can somehow fix my sleeping schedule it works for few days and then I'm back at start again.
    And almost every time I've taken those tests, they always notes that I need more vitamin D. I know sun is good source but the problem is; I'm a redhead and I can't stand heat, my skin is really sensitive. I guess the best options for me might be the fish oils and the vitamin pills.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    Hansku wrote: »
    I am sorry that you are having trouble sleeping, sleep is very important for our health and it is extremely stressful when we can't get a good night's sleep.

Hopefully the vitamin D will also help, being low on vitamins can make us feel extremely unwell.

Yeah, I've been struggling with these stuff for seven years now. Whenever I can somehow fix my sleeping schedule it works for few days and then I'm back at start again.
    And almost every time I've taken those tests, they always notes that I need more vitamin D. I know sun is good source but the problem is; I'm a redhead and I can't stand heat, my skin is really sensitive. I guess the best options for me might be the fish oils and the vitamin pills.

Hello @Hansku. Fish oils and taking vitamin D tablets are good ways of getting vitamin D, when your skin is sensitive to the sun and heat outdoors. Taking vitamin D may help both with your sleeping and your overall health. Sending a hug to you in your struggle with sleeping problems. <3
  • Options
    sidettisidetti Posts: 42 Member
    This is the happiest, most supportive thread I think I've ever seen on a forum. :) You truly are an inspiration, rosemow!

I've had a lot of trouble just eating lately. I think I MAY have an eating dissorder, but I just can't be sure until I see a doctor, which I really don't want to do. I'm pretty underweight, and sometimes I'll just go a few days without eating. It's like I have 0 appetite, and food just tastes/feels... gross, all the time. :(
  • Options
    sidetti wrote: »
    This is the happiest, most supportive thread I think I've ever seen on a forum. :) You truly are an inspiration, rosemow!

I've had a lot of trouble just eating lately. I think I MAY have an eating dissorder, but I just can't be sure until I see a doctor, which I really don't want to do. I'm pretty underweight, and sometimes I'll just go a few days without eating. It's like I have 0 appetite, and food just tastes/feels... gross, all the time. :(

Hello @sidetti. It is not good that you are having problems eating, have a lack of appetite and that the thought of food is unpleasant to you. It is a good step that you are seeing a doctor. You can discuss your concerns, feelings and worries about food over with them. They will caringly listen to you and help to support you. Tell them how you are feeling, and they will help you and offer ways to help and the best way of treatment. It is good to see medical staff so as they can diagnose your condition, and then that can lead on to the best way ahead to help you. The medical staff are there to help you. They and your loved ones, both family and friends want the best for you, and to help you feel better. You are a very special person. You have a special role to play in this world. You are very welcome to post here any time that you would like to. We are here to listen and support you. I care very much about how you are feeling and what your life is holding. I send big hugs to you <3. I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    pixel_leeepixel_leee Posts: 234 Member
    edited July 2015
    My only troubles recently have been with my mental health, having general anxiety disorder, panic disorder and insurtive thoughts has taken a tole on my sleeping time and summer fun. im doing okay but my insurtive thoughts likes to bring up a birthday party incident that happened about two/three years ago. (nothing majour just a girl told a social worker that the birthday girl was inarpriate towards her, which i never saw.) and sometimes thats all i can think about, amd what i said to the worker and my mind makes me question if it was the truth (which it was) so ughhhhh. Also my anxiety makes me have sore bones and nausia so thats great *sarcasm*. thamks for this thread. i needed to vent and who knew it would be on a sims forum, haha.
    *looked back on my post And had a chuckle, "nothing majour, but a girl when to a social worker..." heh.
  • Options
    sidettisidetti Posts: 42 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > sidetti wrote: »
    >
    > This is the happiest, most supportive thread I think I've ever seen on a forum. :) You truly are an inspiration, rosemow!
    >
    >
    > I've had a lot of trouble just eating lately. I think I MAY have an eating dissorder, but I just can't be sure until I see a doctor, which I really don't want to do. I'm pretty underweight, and sometimes I'll just go a few days without eating. It's like I have 0 appetite, and food just tastes/feels... gross, all the time. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello sidetti. It is not good that you are having problems eating, have a lack of appetite and that the thought of food is unpleasant to you. It is a good step that you are seeing a doctor. You can discuss your concerns, feelings and worries about food over with them. They will caringly listen to you and help to support you. Tell them how you are feeling, and they will help you and offer ways to help and the best way of treatment. It is good to see medical staff so as they can diagnose your condition, and then that can lead on to the best way ahead to help you. The medical staff are there to help you. They and your loved ones, both family and friends want the best for you, and to help you feel better. You are a very special person. You have a special role to play in this world. You are very welcome to post here any time that you would like to. We are here to listen and support you. I care very much about how you are feeling and what your life is holding. I send big hugs to you <3. I will keep you in my thoughts.

thank you rosemow :) i appreciate it, it's strange how comforting it is when you hear kind words from a mere internet stranger <3

> @Debplayer487533 said:
    > My only troubles recently have been with my mental health, having general anxiety disorder, panic disorder and insurtive thoughts has taken a tole on my sleeping time and summer fun. im doing okay but my insurtive thoughts likes to bring up a birthday party incident that happened about two/three years ago. (nothing majour just a girl told a social worker that the birthday girl was inarpriate towards her, which i never saw.) and sometimes thats all i can think about, amd what i said to the worker and my mind makes me question if it was the truth (which it was) so ughhhhh. Also my anxiety makes me have sore bones and nausia so thats great *sarcasm*. thamks for this thread. i needed to vent and who knew it would be on a sims forum, haha.
    > *looked back on my post And had a chuckle, "nothing majour, but a girl when to a social worker..." heh.

i suffer from similar things, mental health takes a toll on you :( venting helps, even if it is a sims forum :P good luck!
  • Options
    My only troubles recently have been with my mental health, having general anxiety disorder, panic disorder and insurtive thoughts has taken a tole on my sleeping time and summer fun. im doing okay but my insurtive thoughts likes to bring up a birthday party incident that happened about two/three years ago. (nothing majour just a girl told a social worker that the birthday girl was inarpriate towards her, which i never saw.) and sometimes thats all i can think about, amd what i said to the worker and my mind makes me question if it was the truth (which it was) so ughhhhh. Also my anxiety makes me have sore bones and nausia so thats great *sarcasm*. thamks for this thread. i needed to vent and who knew it would be on a sims forum, haha.
    *looked back on my post And had a chuckle, "nothing majour, but a girl when to a social worker..." heh.

Hello @Debplayer487533. I send hugs to you <3 as you live with your mental health issues and your anxiety disorders. Anxiety affects both the mind and our physical health. Try to take each day by day. Some days won't be so good and then other days you will feel better than other days. Talk over your feelings with your doctors. They are there to offer help and to support you as you live with your health issues. They want to help you. When we get anxious, it can make us feel pain in our body and make us feel sick inside. It also can affect our sleep, leaving us feeling tired. When you feel anxious, try to consciously relax your body so as it is not tense. I can understand that it can be hard to do that, but try to do it. Turn on some music that you enjoy listening to if you feel anxious or do something that you enjoy doing to try to ease your anxiety. I send special thoughts to you. I am glad that you were able to write down here how you felt. Sometimes writing down how we feel can help us. By putting our thoughts down on paper and in words, it helps us to express and think about how we are feeling.
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    Hello to everyone :) Hugs to all who are going through a hard time. My son called me last night.He said that he didn't wan't to say to much about the doctors appointment because he didn't want to make me worry. That's really funny because the less I knew the more I worried. It does have to do with his stomach issues.Now it's blood test, Ultra sounds, colonoscapy and then the results. What ever the outcome he now knows that we will get through it together.
  • Options
    Hansku wrote: »

I understand, and I think vitamin tablets are a good thing to try.

Hopefully you will find something that can help, sleep is definitely important for your health. I hope you are able to sleep well soon.
  • Options
    ROMIRE wrote: »

I hope you are okay.
  • Options

I hope you are okay, I can understand what you are going through. Try to take one day at a time and focus on things you enjoy doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top