Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @rosemow and @SimmySammyWammy thank you for your concern and kind words. He's been having stomach issue for some time now. I've had time to think about how he might be feeling and you're right rosemow, I'm sure that he'll talk to me about it when he's ready. I send hugs back to you <3 .
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    cristill13 wrote: »
    I'm having a plum day. My son had a doctors appointment today and he refuses to talk to me about it. I'm really worried about him.

An alternative could be that it's just something personal or embarrassing.
    Hopefully it's just that.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    @rosemow and @SimmySammyWammy thank you for your concern and kind words. He's been having stomach issue for some time now. I've had time to think about how he might be feeling and you're right rosemow, I'm sure that he'll talk to me about it when he's ready. I send hugs back to you <3 .

Hello @cristill13 . I will keep you both in my thoughts.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I'm having a plum day. My son had a doctors appointment today and he refuses to talk to me about it. I'm really worried about him.
    *hugs* I'm sorry. Maybe he's just not ready to talk? Or maybe it was personal or embarrassing.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    @cristill13 Keeping you and your son in prayer, I'm sure he will tell you soon.
    new.png
  • Options
    My doctor appointment great today, blood pressure check came back good, EKG reading was good. So next week I have blood work so they could check my hormone levels to see if the menopause is the issue which is something my doctor believe could be causing the problem.
    new.png
  • Options
    misty4m wrote: »
    My doctor appointment great today, blood pressure check came back good, EKG reading was good. So next week I have blood work so they could check my hormone levels to see if the menopause is the issue which is something my doctor believe could be causing the problem.
    Glad to hear that everything went great. :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options

Hello @misty4m. It is great that your blood pressure check and EKG reading is good. It is good that you are going to have blood tests next week, which will help your doctor in finding out the cause of your health problems . Sending a hug to you <3 I will continue to keep you in my thoughts as you live each day by day with your health issues.
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    My sleeping problems has been getting worse once again, but I'm happy now that I actually got long goodnight sleep. This is first time for a week when I'm awake at morning.
    It's really hard for me to fall asleep without any medicines, without any I "have to" stay awake at least for 24 hours before I can sleep.
    Just a while ago when I felt really tired after being awake for two days, I fell asleep almost immediately but woke up after five hours.
    I was assigned to see a psychologist for few times to go through some things and see if we can find a solution to this. They asked me to go take blood sample tests, the results were fine except I have to start taking some extra vitamin D. I was surprised how many results you can actually get from blood samples.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    Hansku wrote: »
    My sleeping problems has been getting worse once again, but I'm happy now that I actually got long goodnight sleep. This is first time for a week when I'm awake at morning.
    It's really hard for me to fall asleep without any medicines, without any I "have to" stay awake at least for 24 hours before I can sleep.
    Just a while ago when I felt really tired after being awake for two days, I fell asleep almost immediately but woke up after five hours.
    I was assigned to see a psychologist for few times to go through some things and see if we can find a solution to this. They asked me to go take blood sample tests, the results were fine except I have to start taking some extra vitamin D. I was surprised how many results you can actually get from blood samples.

Hello @Hansku. I am sorry that you are having sleeping problems. It was a good step that you were able to get a long good night's sleep last night. It was good that you were able to see a psychologist to see if they could help to find a cause for you finding it hard to fall asleep. It is good to talk over with medical doctors how you are feeling and concerns that you may have in your life. They can help to offer support and advice. It was good that your blood results came back fine. That was good to rule out other causes. Taking Vitamin D can help to make you feel better inside, and help your overall health.
    I hope that your sleeping pattern starts to improve. Talking things over with doctors and following their advice is a good way to approach the situation. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Clarkie100 and @misty4m . I am thinking of you as you see your doctor misty4m. I hope that the removal of the drains goes smoothly Clarkie100. I just wanted to send these flowers to you. Sending hugs too <3

qQWjj4i.jpg?1

Thank you @rosemow they are to be removed next Thursday. I am sending you lots of hugs back. :heart:
  • Options
    @Clarkie100 I hope everything is going OK with you since you got out of the hospital, I have been thinking of you!

*hugs*

Thank you @charlotteprice It is lovely to be at home, I am sending you lots of hugs back.
  • Options

It is good news that the readings came back okay. I hope you are okay, I'm sure you doctor will get to the bottom of this and find the answer. I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Life just sucks.

I hope you are okay.
  • Options

I am sorry that you are having trouble sleeping, sleep is very important for our health and it is extremely stressful when we can't get a good night's sleep.

Hopefully the vitamin D will also help, being low on vitamins can make us feel extremely unwell.

I am thinking of you and sending you hugs.
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @SpidersWeb & @SilentWolf101 <3 Thanks for trying to ease my mind, you're both right. It could be anything so it's important not to let my imagination get the better of me. @misty4m Thanks for your kind words. I'm happy to hear that your appointment went well. My prayers are also with you. @Hansku, I hope you find a better solution for your insomnia. A lack of vitamins can be an issue. I send good wishes ans thoughts to you. @Clarkie100, I hope everything has gone well for you. Sending everyone hugs and thanks for caring. <3
  • Options

Studies are finding more and more we are low in vitamin d and the most easy way to get it from the sun or taking some vitamin d supplement.

One of the people I follow on youtube is Dr. Josh Axe, he is good on helping with sharing and talking about Deficiency in the body and eating the right food to get what our bodies need.

What are Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms?
    https://youtu.be/g-72k7h8WYI

Pray your sleep issues get better, I've dealt with that also with not being able to sleep at all and I would be the only one up for hours and finally falling asleep and later I found out my body was dealing with menopause.
    new.png
  • Options
    new.png
  • Options
    new.png
  • Options
    konfusedwithakkonfusedwithak Posts: 79 Member
    I am so glad this thread was made. I honestly hope you all find some small comfort here. As for me, I have a lot on my shoulders right now, and I am so worried. This year my mom was in ICU for two weeks and almost died of a severe infection. At one point the doctors said she only had a 15% chance of living. Luckily she made it through but she is just so incredibly sick that I fear I may lose her. She happens to be my best friend second only to my husband. I feel like I am losing my family. My father passed. I do not have contact with my sisters because of their actions. One is a prescription drug addict and constantly steals from or begs for my moms pain medication. Mom just gives in because shes too sick to argue and she suffers for it. My other sister fell in with the wrong people, and shows signs of street drug use and I am all but certain she is pregnant because she is starting to look like it. She refuses to get a job and milks off the government and takes advantage of my mom. I just cannot stand the fact that they constantly take and take and take from her. To top if off, I have had a disability since I was 15 years old (26 now) and have been unable to work because of it. I cannot get any kind of financial help because I have never worked. My husband and I have absolutely no savings to our name because all of it goes to the doctor bills because of psychiatric and health related issues and medication which are vital to my well being (only reason I am simming right now is because a computer and the game were gifted to me as a gift from my grandmother in an attempt for me to reach out to others and have a little fun on the side) I feel so alone because I have no friends besides my husband/mom/grandmother and because of my disability I will never be able to start a family of my own. I feel like I have complained too much, but I just feel like I had to get that off my chest and I am thankful for the listeners. I realize there are people a lot worse off than I am and I am thankful for what I have, but sometimes it feels like too much. Thanks for reading, whoever takes the time to read this. I hope you all find happiness, even if it is a small piece.

My mom is my best friend too! My father passed away when I was 14, and I see my mom making unhealthy choices, mainly the fact that she still smokes after all theses years, and I worry about what that might mean for her in the long run. I'll be 30 in a little more that a month, and still as an adult I would feel like an orphan if anything happened to her. I too have battled my own fair share of psychological distress over the years, overcoming sever depression and an attempt to take my own life. I moved away from my family and friends, and everything I knew my entire life to be with the man I fell in love with. He's incredible, and he's my silver lining. Life's rough, I'm glad you got your feelings out there. It's seems though, that even while you are feeling so overwhelmed you're a pretty strong person, and that awesome! Anyway, I just wanted you to know that your story touched me. Keep your chin up!
  • Options
    konfusedwithakkonfusedwithak Posts: 79 Member
    This is amazing, I love when communities come together to support one another like this. Especially when all to often on the internet you just see people trying to tear each other down.
    I wanted to put a couple things out there. First, is this:
    1 (800) 273-8255
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

If you or someone you know is thinking of taking their own life do not hesitate to call.

Secondly, I found a website that give information for all sorts of various help lines. allaboutcounseling.com/crisis_hotlines.htm

I don't know how much of this will help those in our community outside of the united states, but it's a start, i guess?
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

That's good news! So glad all that went well. Fingers crossed the blood work comes back good next week!

*hugs*
  • Options

When you don't get the sleep you need, that can really be tiring! Staying up for two days :o

Make sure you take your Vitamin D, I take it also and that is real important for your body!

I will be thinking of you!

*hugs*
  • Options
    I want to wish everyone a good weekend coming up!

Remain strong, take one day at a time!

*hugs*
  • Options
    @Hansku *hugs* I'm sorry about your sleeping problems. :(@cristill13 *hugs* Glad that we could help ease your mind. :)@misty4m *hugs* you're welcome. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top