Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited July 2015
    Missmf1 wrote: »
    This is a great idea :) We all have bad and good days .. Do we have a good time thread lol?
    I have a lot to say here just not right now :( Hopefully, life will get better some day :smiley:
    A good time thread? That sounds like a great idea! somebody should make that!

LOL@Silentwolf101 - Well , I for one know I will be here alot to "vent" about bad things and bad days I just am trying to think positive too and someone should make a good time and good day good times thread lol .. Something , I am trying something new in my life ..Positivity, LMBO.. something definitely new for me at least ..HA

I think I might make something like that, if it hasn't already been made...
    Also, in my signature is a link titled "Just For Venting" if you have things you want to vent about. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    @ArielDelphinus Sometimes you have to break free from them if they are too toxic in your life. It will hurt them and make them angry, but at least you'll feel better not only in your heart but in your mind. No one deserves family drama. No one should have to spend their lives feeling obligated to interact with family members who mistreat them. It seems that in your case, distancing yourself and your immediate family from the rest of your family could do you a whole lot of good. But that is entirely up to you and your immediate family to decide. Weigh the pros and the cons of being around them. They're obviously making you and your immediate family feel stressed and terrible. You don't need that and it's inconsiderate of the family to burden you with those feelings.

I am working on letting go of toxic family members. They say they love me and will always be there, but they always make me feel the worst I have ever felt. I don't want that type of people in my life. I am the happiest and most free when I am not around my blood-related family.

Hang in there. We're here for you.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    I feel like I'm going down hill and I don't want to. I don't want my thread to get locked or closed but it started out as my frustration and lack of wanting to play the sims to something else...http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13884181#Comment_13884181

Hello @myatt139 . I am sorry that you are going through hard times in your life. I haven't read through your thread so I can't post about it. I just wanted to send hugs to you <3 Try to take a day at a time. When you feel upset, cry and it will help your inside as you express your feelings. It can help you to cope with all that your life is holding. Sending special thoughts to you.
  • Options
    I really need some advice I just don't know what to do. I will start with giving you all some back history.

I have never had a very good relationship with my brother or my father. My brother "D" has always been perfect no matter what he did. I was the good kid and got good grades, was always where I was suppose to be, but my brother was always trouble, but yet perfect. My brother was cruel to me, he could beat me up and pick on me and my parents especially my father would either laugh or tell me to get over it and ignore him. My brother has always had to be the center of attention, and 40 years later he still does and he leaves nothing for anyone else. Even my high school graduation, he took charge of the camera and there was not a single picture of me graduating but every picture was of his friends. My wedding he made it about him, and made himself the center of attention. When I had my daughter some how he made it about him. When my daughter had her surgery on his feet, he made it about him. Some how even my mothers funeral, he made it about him, and then stole money from me. Even my brothers family is considered perfect, especially his daughter which has become the favorite grand child while my daughter who is the oldest has basically been tossed aside. My father when I was 18 told me that the reason he didn't like me was "because he wasn't ready to be a dad when I was born and it didn't help I was a girl." My parents were 25 when I was born and had been married for over a year. Since I was 18 I have carried that burden, and all my life my father has screamed at me for stupid stuff, called me very cruel names, and has ignored me when he could.

Many of you know that my brother in-law (husbands side), my mom, and my aunt all died within the same year, 6 years ago. It was a horrible year...but what you all don't is shortly after my mom died my dad got rid of everything, 2 weeks later after her death he was dating and eight months later he was married to a woman that I to this day don't know.

He hurt my daughter horribly by some of the things he said and her finding all her pictures tossed in a dresser drawer that he was getting rid of. A bunch of stuff happened with the wedding and made me feel completely left out, ignored, unworthy and like I wasn't wanted there. I even told my brother how I was feeling, thinking for once in my life he would have my back and say something to my father, but all he did was make me look like an idiot, and somehow once again made himself look like the hero and all about him.

My daughter graduated high school a few years ago, she graduated with cords and in the top 10 of her class. It was a wonderful day but a very hard day, we both were missing my mom desperately. His wife we will called "X" asked me what my daughter was going to do? I told her she doesn't know yet, she will probably get a job and go to community college she doesn't want to be in debt the rest of her life before she even becomes an adult, the main thing is she wants to become a writer. We took my grandmother to the rest room and while in there she then started chewing me out that my daughter should be doing more and that she can't just do nothing how can we have nothing planned? Where does she get off at that point I had spent 8 hours with the woman? She was and is nothing more in my husbands, daughters and my life then an acquaintance and still is.

That same Christmas we were invited to spend Christmas at my fathers and X's house. We went which was a very long drive since they moved 2.5 hour drive from my parents old house and we had to leave our house by 5 am to be there on time. We walked in and she was standing in the kitchen with her back to us, I said hi to my dad and waited for X to finish chopping what she was working on. She flips around and starts yelling "you could come in and say hi, I am not evil you know." Everyone just let her yell at me like that, I told her I didn't want to interrupt you. I thought it was over, not a big deal, other then no one stopped her from yelling at me, to be honest I blew it off and decided not to make an issue of it. Last year my birthday came and went, I heard nothing from my father, it really hurt. I made the mistake of turning to my grandmother and my brothers wife, saying how hurt I was. While I was on the phone with my sister in-law Christmas gets thrown in my face and what happened with X. I couldn't believe it, I hadn't thought about it in 9 months and it wasn't that big of a deal. I told my sister in-law that seriously X is mad at me for that, and you are throwing that in my face, X and my father were the host it was her and his responsibility to come out and say hi to us. In October my father ignored my daughters birthday as well, it isn't like he doesn't know her birthday and my brothers are only 2 days apart, then a month later she finally got a card, my daughter was furious at that point, because to her it was like why even bother.

Then a month later I got a letter from my brother. It was cruel. I was told how it was my fault my mother died, that I was an embarrassment, how I am not allowed to talk to anyone, how wonderful X is, how he is only doing this because he loves me, and that I am not allowed to tell anyone about the letter because he wasn't going to tell anyone about it, and a bunch of other stuff that I trusted my grandmother with and the only way he would have known is if my grandmother broke my confidence and told him.

That day I realized the day my mom and my aunt died I lost the only two people that had ever had my back, that I was alone and how much I had been betrayed, I cut myself off from the family, I was done after all these years being treat the way I have been my whole life.

Then a few months later I got a letter in the mail from my grandmother, telling me about family members, which the truth is I could care less, and how I need to not live in the past. There were things said that made it clear she knew about the letter, and I knew I was being setup. All I could think is I am not living in the past, I am living in the here and now, I am hurt by the here and now, my daughter is hurt by the here and now, nothing in this family changes it is the same thing all the time, nothing ever changes, but the bloody year.

It hurt when my brother in-law died but we knew it was coming, the same with my mom, my aunt hit me like a ton of bricks. I went into such a deep depression after her death, but eventually it went away. Since the letter the pain I have now is so much worse. I act like I am functioning but the truth is I am not, I don't sleep well, I cry myself to sleep every night, I wake up some mornings in tears but more mornings angry, I have a lot of nightmares, I have gained so much weight, my body hurts every where, and every time my husband goes out and gets the mail I feel every muscle in my body lock up because I am scared to death what is going to be in the mail. I have tried getting help. I even told the therapist do not ask me to bring my brother or father in here, all they will do is make it all my fault, and if you do I will walk out and never come back, well I haven't been back so guess what happened.

Then yesterday I get an invitation to my grandmothers 90th birthday party being given by my cousin and my sister in-law, at my brothers house. I don't want to go. I will not be welcome in the first place and I will sit there alone. My daughter and husband says we are not going because all they will do is make me feel worse then I already do and it will just be the "D" show to begin with. Then the guilt comes up that I should be there. I don't know what to do...

Hello @ArielDelphinus. I send big hugs to you <3 You have been through a huge amount of pressure through your life with your family situation. It is good that you wrote it down here. Sometimes by writing how you are feeling down and expressing it into words you can release how you are feeling to your inner self and it can bring a sense of strength that you have endured through all the difficulties and pressures that you have had to undergo through your life. It is is not good how you are feeling now, both emotionally and physically as a result of your family situation. It needs to be your decision whether you go to the party. You don't want to be hurt again, but in another way it may somehow be the start of a better relationship with your family. Perhaps it may be a step to go, and if you feel made to be uncomfortable, you could leave early? Try to concentrate on the knowledge that you have your husband and daughter loving you and supporting you. It is a very stressful situation that you are undergoing. I can't take away the pain and hurt that you are feeling, but please keep remembering that you have us here thinking about you, caring about how you are feeling, and thinking of you as live and endure through all that your life is holding with your family situation.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • Options
    I hope everyone is hanging in there..........one day at a time.......one step at a time!

*Hugs to Everyone*

Hello @charlotteprice Thankyou for the hugs. :) I send hugs back to you <3
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hello @Missmf1. I send hugs to you <3 It is good to try to think positively about your situation. It can be hard at times, when we are in pain, under stress and are worried, but if we can take a day at a time, we can also know that along with with not so good days there will also be better days when life feels a bit easier and better. Each day is new day with a sunrise and a sunset. We have the strength to just cope with what that day holds. You are welcome to post here anytime. We are here to listen.
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    Thank you everyone for your words of support. I honestly do not know what I am going to do. At this point all I can hope for is my nieces bridal shower is the same day and I can use that as an excuse. All I know is being away from them has been good for me, when I don't hear from them I start to heal, it is the all of a sudden out of the blue I hear from them when all the pain, angry, rage, and low self esteem comes back. I am angry with my grandmother, I trusted her, gave her my confidence and she betrayed me, same as my sister in-law. My father and brother have betrayed me my entire life. I don't know why after my mom died I thought or I hoped things would change and get better, for awhile with my father they did. That was until X came into his life and he didn't need me anymore to explain how to do things, to drop everything I had to do to go down and fix things, and to make his loneliness go away. I just wish for once in their lives they would think about someone else other then themselves, have my back and think how much I am hurting, just once I wish they would apologize for how they have treated me, and say thank you for planning my mom's funeral and how much I took care of her when she was dying and did the things they couldn't handle or didn't want to do.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your words of support. I honestly do not know what I am going to do. At this point all I can hope for is my nieces bridal shower is the same day and I can use that as an excuse. All I know is being away from them has been good for me, when I don't hear from them I start to heal, it is the all of a sudden out of the blue I hear from them when all the pain, angry, rage, and low self esteem comes back. I am angry with my grandmother, I trusted her, gave her my confidence and she betrayed me, same as my sister in-law. My father and brother have betrayed me my entire life. I don't know why after my mom died I thought or I hoped things would change and get better, for awhile with my father they did. That was until X came into his life and he didn't need me anymore to explain how to do things, to drop everything I had to do to go down and fix things, and to make his loneliness go away. I just wish for once in their lives they would think about someone else other then themselves, have my back and think how much I am hurting, just once I wish they would apologize for how they have treated me, and say thank you for planning my mom's funeral and how much I took care of her when she was dying and did the things they couldn't handle or didn't want to do.

Hello @ArielDelphinus . It is not nice what you are needing to live through with your family situation.
    It was very caring and loving of you to take care of your mother when she was dying, and then plan and arrange her funeral. Though your family may not acknowledge your thoughtfulness and loving care for your mother, you can take comfort that you know that you cared for her and that the funeral was a tribute to her that you did for her sake.
    Try to not let your family members upset you and cause your health to worsen. It is affecting your whole life and is worsening your health. It is hurting you, and is a very stressful situation for your body and mind to cope with. I can understand though that it is hard to not think about it all.
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Fan_GurllFan_Gurll Posts: 110 Member
    I had told one of my male friends a secret and that male friend who I thought was my friend decided to tell the whole school. I've lost a lot of friendships. I've been bullied every since. I'm very outgoing and tough so I tend to use violence as the answer. (which I know I shouldn't be doing) but I keep in mind "everything happens for a reason. People CHANGE so you can learn to LET GO. Things go WRONG so you can appreciate them when there right. You BELIEVE lies so that you learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes, good things fall apart so BETTER things can fall into place. -Marilyn Monroe <3
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Fan_Gurll wrote: »
    I had told one of my male friends a secret and that male friend who I thought was my friend decided to tell the whole school. I've lost a lot of friendships. I've been bullied every since. I'm very outgoing and tough so I tend to use violence as the answer. (which I know I shouldn't be doing) but I keep in mind "everything happens for a reason. People CHANGE so you can learn to LET GO. Things go WRONG so you can appreciate them when there right. You BELIEVE lies so that you learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes, good things fall apart so BETTER things can fall into place. -Marilyn Monroe

Hello @Fan_Gurll . It is not nice that you are being bullied at school. It makes going to school an unpleasant and concerning situation and experience for you. Try to not resort to violence to try to resolve the problem. It could make the situation worse, and hurts you at the same time as the other people that you are using violence against. Try to walk away from the situation. That takes more strength and is of more help in the long term. I hope that the bullying lessens for you.
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    I had told one of my male friends a secret and that male friend who I thought was my friend decided to tell the whole school. I've lost a lot of friendships. I've been bullied every since. I'm very outgoing and tough so I tend to use violence as the answer. (which I know I shouldn't be doing) but I keep in mind "everything happens for a reason. People CHANGE so you can learn to LET GO. Things go WRONG so you can appreciate them when there right. You BELIEVE lies so that you learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes, good things fall apart so BETTER things can fall into place. -Marilyn Monroe

I know what it is to be be bullied both in school and home, it is hard and leaves permanent emotional scars. I hope you can find away to just walk away and not use violence, violence will not fix it and two wrongs do not make a right. You are better person then the ones that are picking on you. I hope for you when the times are hard you remember that and it will give you the strength to just walk away, and by walking away you show them how strong you truly are.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    I rarely tell anybody in real life my secrets because I've had a history of getting made fun of. So, I have a LITTLE bit of trust issues. But to have a friend tell one of your secrets to the whole school is not cool at all.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    Fan_GurllFan_Gurll Posts: 110 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Fan_Gurll wrote: »
    >
    > I had told one of my male friends a secret and that male friend who I thought was my friend decided to tell the whole school. I've lost a lot of friendships. I've been bullied every since. I'm very outgoing and tough so I tend to use violence as the answer. (which I know I shouldn't be doing) but I keep in mind "everything happens for a reason. People CHANGE so you can learn to LET GO. Things go WRONG so you can appreciate them when there right. You BELIEVE lies so that you learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes, good things fall apart so BETTER things can fall into place. -Marilyn Monroe
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello Fan_Gurll . It is not nice that you are being bullied at school. It makes going to school an unpleasant and concerning situation and experience for you. Try to not resort to violence to try to resolve the problem. It could make the situation worse, and hurts you at the same time as the other people that you are using violence against. Try to walk away from the situation. That takes more strength and is of more help in the long term. I hope that the bullying lessens for you.

Hi! I have a few friends who we're being bullied by the same person. I picked up the phone and stood up to the bully. I'm very sassy so we all know how that went. XD
    I just kept my self from saying anything for so long because I THOUGHT that person was my FRIEND. But now I see. Friend is a very strong word.

Thank you for you're care and support! :)
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    Hope this picture bring a relaxing smile to your face.

TheParadisePalmsBeachside2_zps38f08802.jpg
    new.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hello @misty4m. Thankyou very much for posting the picture :) It is very restful! The blue water is so very nice! It looks very nice how the loungers are in the water, for people to sit there relaxing in the sunshine.
    I hope that your blood tests this week go well and the results will be helpful in working through the cause of your health issues.
    Sending a hug to you <3
  • Options
    Missmf1Missmf1 Posts: 41 Member
    So just some small things.. I just started filling out my paperwork for disability.. And, this is hard for me because I am barely 31.. we'll say (since age is not allowed on the sims forums) .. I do NOT want to admit I am disabled because I think I eventually can get better.. And, In all actuality I cannot ,..there is NO cure for what I have and it is at it's worse right now.. I won't go into what I have but, I have been on and off Humira for over a year and it was working until I lost my insurance in Jan of '15.. I got my insurance back in the beginning of march but,that was a whole other mess of stress... April 22nd I was diagnosed with diabetes also.. This is all just getting my stress and other disease worse because of the stress.. Not to mention, my parents are both sick my father is 100% disabled also and he's a mess,. My mother has had almost 3 heart attacks and still works full time.. I feel like I am a waste.. I do think I could work from home and never really gave it a shot and feel like I should try before I fully finish my application for disability.. I really DO WANT to work I just don't see it being feasible out of the home.. Which sucks because I start going stir crazy.. Long story and much more to add but, I use the Sims 4 ATM and I think all of the sims games as a release a way to get out of my mind for a few hours.. I do have a wonderful boyfriend and we have been together for 8 years just life is hard and I do take it out on him at times, He usually just ignores my yelling and craziness, Which I actually thank him for yet he doesn't know it I don't think lol I have my parents but, like I said they are going thru a hell of a lot right now too.. Sometimes I wish I could shake a magic wand and make all of my immediate families problems just disappear..Makes me want to cry actually thinking about it! I have a support system thank goodness but, sometimes I think it helps to talk to people you actually do not know :smiley: Thanks for being here all, as this is the first time I am saying this out loud to others than my family... :star:
  • Options
    So just some small things.. I just started filling out my paperwork for disability.. And, this is hard for me because I am barely 31.. we'll say (since age is not allowed on the sims forums) .. I do NOT want to admit I am disabled because I think I eventually can get better.. And, In all actuality I cannot ,..there is NO cure for what I have and it is at it's worse right now.. I won't go into what I have but, I have been on and off Humira for over a year and it was working until I lost my insurance in Jan of '15.. I got my insurance back in the beginning of march but,that was a whole other mess of stress... April 22nd I was diagnosed with diabetes also.. This is all just getting my stress and other disease worse because of the stress.. Not to mention, my parents are both sick my father is 100% disabled also and he's a mess,. My mother has had almost 3 heart attacks and still works full time.. I feel like I am a waste.. I do think I could work from home and never really gave it a shot and feel like I should try before I fully finish my application for disability.. I really DO WANT to work I just don't see it being feasible out of the home.. Which sucks because I start going stir crazy.. Long story and much more to add but, I use the Sims 4 ATM and I think all of the sims games as a release a way to get out of my mind for a few hours.. I do have a wonderful boyfriend and we have been together for 8 years just life is hard and I do take it out on him at times, He usually just ignores my yelling and craziness, Which I actually thank him for yet he doesn't know it I don't think lol I have my parents but, like I said they are going thru a hell of a lot right now too.. Sometimes I wish I could shake a magic wand and make all of my immediate families problems just disappear..Makes me want to cry actually thinking about it! I have a support system thank goodness but, sometimes I think it helps to talk to people you actually do not know :smiley: Thanks for being here all, as this is the first time I am saying this out loud to others than my family... :star:

Hello @Missmf1. I send big hugs to you ! <3 You and your family have many health issues and that is stressful for you all. You don't like seeing your parents unwell, and they would not like seeing you struggling with your health issues. You all feel each other's pain. It is good that you have a caring boyfriend to support you. He sounds very thoughtful and understanding. It is good to write down how you are feeling and what you are needing to work through and live through in your life. It allows you to express your thoughts and helps you to reflect on how you are feeling. It can often help to talk with other people that you don't know as well as your family and friends. You are definitely not a waste ! You are a very special person in this world! You are very special to your loved ones, both family and friends. Because you can't go out to work, it doesn't alter who you are as a person. It is the inner self that is the most important thing in life. Working or not working doesn't affect who we are. All over the world, there are people with health issues that prevent them from working, other people are unable to work because they can't find a job, other people are caring for their loved ones at home because they are unwell or because they have young children. Everyone has uniquely different life situations, and all people are very special! Playing the Sims is a very enjoyable and helpful way to have a break from our real life stresses and the pain we may be undergoing. It doesn't take away the pressures and concerns that we have in our real life, but it helps us to relax and to focus our minds on something else. I send more big hugs to you as you live each day with your health issues, the pain and all that it effects your life. <3 Applying for disability support is an important way of you receiving the financial support that you need for your day to day expenses. You need money so that you can afford your medicines, and to pay for food and bills. With no income coming in, having disability support will help to relieve financial concerns that you have. It can help to relieve financial stress.
    I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. <3
  • Options
    Missmf1Missmf1 Posts: 41 Member
    misty4m wrote: »
    Hope this picture bring a relaxing smile to your face.

TheParadisePalmsBeachside2_zps38f08802.jpg

Awesome pic :)
    It almost looks like the Maldives , if anyone wants to see some gorgeous beaches google : The Maldives

My mother really wants to go and live in The Maldives if anyone does a google image search please let me know what you think about the pictures that pop up :wink: Amazing!!

Link is here for the google image search i was talking about :blush: I think they are breathtaking !!

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+maldives&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI8eCkkI_uxgIVQVY-Ch0oLA0n&biw=1280&bih=887
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello @Clarkie100. I will be especially thinking of you as you have your drains removed tomorrow. It will be good for them to be removed. Sending big hugs <3 and these flowers :)

2Z7hd8O.jpg?1
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Clarkie100. I will be especially thinking of you as you have your drains removed tomorrow. It will be good for them to be removed. Sending big hugs <3 and these flowers :)

2Z7hd8O.jpg?1

Thank you @rosemow I'm getting them taken out today as one of the drains has failed, hopefully the appointment will go okay. :)

I am sending you lots of hugs back. :heart:
  • Options
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

2Z7hd8O.jpg?1

Thank you @rosemow I'm getting them taken out today as one of the drains has failed, hopefully the appointment will go okay. :)

I hope that the appointment today goes well :) I will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    I will definitely be glad when I don't have to go to that certain hospital again. I even lost my bag and a small amount of money, it was with my things and seemed to just disappear. And the poor experiences I've had during part of my stay, and the nonexistent aftercare have shocked me.

I'm just very appreciative of the support I have received here, the support has helped me to cope with it all. Thank you. :heart:
  • Options

2Z7hd8O.jpg?1

I hope that the appointment today goes well :) I will be thinking of you.

Thank you, your support means a lot to me. :)
  • Options
    *hugs* I'm sorry you're going through all this struggle - you don't deserve it. :(

2Z7hd8O.jpg?1

Good luck with the appointment! *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top