Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,281 Member
    I am so glad this thread is here. Today I really feel worried and it's nice to vent. Anyways today my best friend called me and she said that one of her best friends since 2nd grade had been texting and calling her saying, "I hate you" and stuff like,"I don't know why we were even friends." She was was so sad and I could hear her crying and then she told me that she cut herself and had to go to the hospital to get stitches. My friend also said that her ex best friend told her that our best friend hated her. It's a complete lie, but she thinks it's true because our best friend hasn't returned any of her texts since the 1st of July. But she hasn't been active on any of her social media accounts since then and she is ALWAYS on instagram and facebook. Then my friend also feels guilty because her little brother is best friends with the brother of her ex best friend and my friend now thinks that her ex best friend won't let her brother play with her little brother. Then, something happened to our call and now I'm worried that she thinks I hung up on her. :'(

Praying you can talk with her and see what's going on, I have a really good friend and there are times we have some much going on in our RL we don't talk all the time and sometimes we go almost 4 days without talking.

But we check on each other via email and once one of us respond to each other we know everything is okay, tell her not to worry and stay prayerful because sometimes things may seem one way but the other person is dealing with a lot.
    new.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    hMc2hSg.jpg?1

Hello to everyone. :) Whatever the season is where you live in the world, may a gentle and colourful butterfly fly pass you today. If you are in pain, or worried , or tired or under stress, I send gentle hugs to you.
    Life is precious, life is fragile, please keep remembering that through all that you may be going through in your life, you are very special and are loved. There are family members and friends that love you, care about, even if sometimes you may feel alone. Each day is a new day. You will have good days, and then other days may not be as good. I send hugs to all, whatever day you are experiencing today. <3
  • Options
    Missmf1Missmf1 Posts: 41 Member
    misty4m wrote: »
    @Missmf1 yes I love those pictures of maldives really beautiful I have a lot of them on my computer, I found that picture on photobucket, it's at the paradise palms inn city of parama city beach,fl

@misty4m - Thank you for your kind words..
    @ Everyone Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and help :smiley:

This week has just built up all my stress day by day.. But, on a good note now I "have" to make an appointment for the disability people ..This will force me to get my act together..

Also, On a good note I will be making a mock website for an already "prominent" sims website to apply for a "position" please wish me good luck !

I have to decide on a theme and implement a working website in 5 days whew :) Hopefully, I can do it :)
  • Options
    Missmf1 wrote: »
    misty4m wrote: »
    @Missmf1 yes I love those pictures of maldives really beautiful I have a lot of them on my computer, I found that picture on photobucket, it's at the paradise palms inn city of parama city beach,fl

@misty4m - Thank you for your kind words..
    @ Everyone Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and help :smiley:

This week has just built up all my stress day by day.. But, on a good note now I "have" to make an appointment for the disability people ..This will force me to get my act together..

Also, On a good note I will be making a mock website for an already "prominent" sims website to apply for a "position" please wish me good luck !

I have to decide on a theme and implement a working website in 5 days whew :) Hopefully, I can do it :)

Hello @Missmf1. :) I am sorry to hear that you have had a stressful week. It is a good step that you are now making an appointment to see the Disability people. They will be understanding and helpful as they talk to you because they are experienced in how people feel when applying for assistance. They will support you through the process of applying. I will keep you in my thoughts as you make the appointment and attend it. Sending hugs to you <3
    It is exciting that you are applying for a position at a sims website! That sounds great! You would enjoy working at that website if you are chosen to fulfil the position. It will also be something that you will enjoy doing from your home as you live day by day with your health issues. I hope that your work on creating the mock website goes well! When you have decided on a theme, then you will be able to build on from there to create the website. I will be thinking of you as you work on the project.
    Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I've never seen this thread before. Means a lot to have something like this here, so thank you Rose. I feel like ranting and venting, so I guess that is what I will do. It started a few weeks before my trip to Los Angeles. I woke up in the morning from what I felt was a pretty bad nightmare. To sum it up, I had dreamed that our plane crashed into the ocean and I got out alive, but never found my dad. This scared the crap out of me, and I ended up with the worst anxiety for the next few weeks. Fast forward a few days before leaving on our vacation, I start to worry about leaving my cat behind. Our neighbor has always cared for her while we have been away, so my worries were irrational. I always get a little niggly feeling that something may happen to her while we are gone because she's a senior kitty, but the day that we leave and when the shuttle picks us up, my worries fade away as I know she will be in great hands. I had a great time in LA, and as it drew to a close, I was happy to come home to my Kitty. We arrive at home and she is sleeping on the porch on one of the chairs. I come to greet her and she's a little scared because of the luggage rolling loudly behind me. I walk in the house and we cuddle together in my bed and relax. Everything's cool until 4 days later, when she went missing. She sometimes goes wandering for a whole day, as she is a feral-type kitty, so we weren't worried. Days and weeks go by, and no sign of her...we have come to the conclusion that she just knew it was her time and as most cats do, went to look for a good place to leave the world behind. It hurt me more than anything that I couldn't have been there for her, but I understand that it wouldn't have been what she wanted. I feel so selfish for leaving her for 10 days, and I think that I could have spent all of them with her only had I known. It's funny, because before I went on vacation, I told myself to spend extra time with her just in case I am unable to see her again for any reason, and we had some good times, I guess. I don't know. I just feel guilty and so heartbroken...she was my best friend for almost 8 years. She didn't seem sick or hurting. I surely hope that she didn't suffer. On a lighter note, I got a tattoo with her name on my wrist in dedication. She will always be close to my heart, and I never want to forget that. Rest in peace, Kitty :cry:
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    I've never seen this thread before. Means a lot to have something like this here, so thank you Rose. I feel like ranting and venting, so I guess that is what I will do. It started a few weeks before my trip to Los Angeles. I woke up in the morning from what I felt was a pretty bad nightmare. To sum it up, I had dreamed that our plane crashed into the ocean and I got out alive, but never found my dad. This scared the crap out of me, and I ended up with the worst anxiety for the next few weeks. Fast forward a few days before leaving on our vacation, I start to worry about leaving my cat behind. Our neighbor has always cared for her while we have been away, so my worries were irrational. I always get a little niggly feeling that something may happen to her while we are gone because she's a senior kitty, but the day that we leave and when the shuttle picks us up, my worries fade away as I know she will be in great hands. I had a great time in LA, and as it drew to a close, I was happy to come home to my Kitty. We arrive at home and she is sleeping on the porch on one of the chairs. I come to greet her and she's a little scared because of the luggage rolling loudly behind me. I walk in the house and we cuddle together in my bed and relax. Everything's cool until 4 days later, when she went missing. She sometimes goes wandering for a whole day, as she is a feral-type kitty, so we weren't worried. Days and weeks go by, and no sign of her...we have come to the conclusion that she just knew it was her time and as most cats do, went to look for a good place to leave the world behind. It hurt me more than anything that I couldn't have been there for her, but I understand that it wouldn't have been what she wanted. I feel so selfish for leaving her for 10 days, and I think that I could have spent all of them with her only had I known. It's funny, because before I went on vacation, I told myself to spend extra time with her just in case I am unable to see her again for any reason, and we had some good times, I guess. I don't know. I just feel guilty and so heartbroken...she was my best friend for almost 8 years. She didn't seem sick or hurting. I surely hope that she didn't suffer. On a lighter note, I got a tattoo with her name on my wrist in dedication. She will always be close to my heart, and I never want to forget that. Rest in peace, Kitty :cry:

Hello @justdancerebecca. I am sorry to hear that your special cat member of your family has left you and has passed away. Our pets are very special parts of our family, and it causes us to grieve when they are no longer with us. She may have known it was her time to no longer be with you, and wanted to spare you the heart break of seeing her dying. It is a lovely tribute that you have done for her by having the tattoo of her name on your wrist. You will carry memories of her in your heart and mind forever. She will always be in your thoughts. She is not there with you physically, but will always be in your memories. Try not to feel guilty about going on the vacation. You did not know that she was soon to leave this world. She waited for days after you came home so that she could spend the last days with you, then take her rest. It was good that she wasn't in pain when you last saw her. You have many special memories of happy times spent with her. Think about those happy memories. They are special times to remember. She was cared for by you and was a special part of your life. Sometimes the time just comes when a pet knows that it is time to say goodbye, and so your cat gave you a gentle smile, perhaps when you were sleeping, and then went off to quietly leave the world.
    I send big hugs to you <3
  • Options
    SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    Hello folks!
    Rough week for me. I've lost two people within the span of five days. A family friend and my grandfather. I just wanted to let everyone know that if you're going through the death of a close one, keep moving forward. Don't stop to think, just keep on moving and being productive. It really helps take your mind off of things.
    Hope everyone has a great day
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• Options
    Hello folks!
    Rough week for me. I've lost two people within the span of five days. A family friend and my grandfather. I just wanted to let everyone know that if you're going through the death of a close one, keep moving forward. Don't stop to think, just keep on moving and being productive. It really helps take your mind off of things.

Hello @SimmySammyWammy. I am sorry to hear of the passing away of your grandfather and your family friend. I big lots of big hugs to you <3 It is hard when you are feeling the grief from both of their passing away happening within a short period of time. You will have very special memories of times spent with them. I will keep you in my thoughts in the days ahead. Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options
    edited July 2015

I know a friend of mines said that's what happen with it's their time to pass away but I think it depend on the animal. Our oldest female cat died in my arms of old age we had her so long and our other male cat took off one day while I was away at work and never came back.

Our female cat was a more indoor cat and I our male can would sneak outside a lot, me and my mother believe our male cat took off because a year before a female cat died one of our dogs died also of old age the year before that and we feel the male can said his next so his out. :D
    new.png
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    So my 10 month old son has had a fever since Thursday night (it's now Sunday afternoon) He's never been sick before, so it's really worrisome to see him like this. his fever had reached 103*F at one point. he's got no other symptoms, no ear tugging, no cough, runny nose, no vomiting... He's his usual happy, active self, so it's really hard to give a good guess as to what's wrong. We talked to the on-call doctor and theyre just having us keep him on Tylenol/motrin until we can go into the Dr office tomorrow. I hope he's just teething, because that hasn't started yet (yes, 10mo old and no teeth yet!) but I've never heard of such high fevers associated with teeting. I'm worried for him. :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    So my 10 month old son has had a fever since Thursday night (it's now Sunday afternoon) He's never been sick before, so it's really worrisome to see him like this. his fever had reached 103*F at one point. he's got no other symptoms, no ear tugging, no cough, runny nose, no vomiting... He's his usual happy, active self, so it's really hard to give a good guess as to what's wrong. We talked to the on-call doctor and theyre just having us keep him on Tylenol/motrin until we can go into the Dr office tomorrow. I hope he's just teething, because that hasn't started yet (yes, 10mo old and no teeth yet!) but I've never heard of such high fevers associated with teeting. I'm worried for him. :(

Hello @Jesf8312. I send big hugs to you and your son <3 It is a worrying time for you with your son sick with a fever. It is not nice that he has a fever, and you are not sure what is the cause of his high temperature. It was good that you were able to be in touch with and talk to an on call doctor. It will be good to see your doctor tomorrow so as he/she can check over your son and diagnose what is the cause of the fever. I hope that his temperature goes down soon. I will keep you and your son in my thoughts. Sending another hug to you. <3 it is hard for you to see your little son unwell. Please let us know how your son is after you see the doctor tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and wanting to know how he is.
  • Options

I hope your son feel better son, kids can get a fever from teething also.
    new.png
  • Options
    asiamomma82asiamomma82 Posts: 390 Member

Hi! I know how scary it can be when your kids are sick, especially if there are no other symptoms and the fever just seems pretty random. My youngest daughter went thru a period where she got fevers often and she'd have no other symptoms. Sometimes she STILL gets random fevers. The fact that your baby is his happy normal stuff says that it may not be anything serious. In fact I've heard of some kids having fevers because of growth spurts and such. As long as you keep it down, keep him hydrated, and make sure he eats, he'll probably be ok. Of course if anything changes you take him to doctor asap or ER if you feel it's life threatening.

Hope your little one feels better soon.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear that your cat most likely passed away. Though it is sad that her last few days were separated, just know that you shouldn't feel guilty, because you two spent so much time together while she was still alive.
    Hello folks!
    Agreed -- what I think got me most after my grandmother's death two years ago was that I kept stopping to think of it and the events prior to it. I'm sorry to hear that you lost two people so close to you, and I want you to know that we're all here for you. *hugs*
    *hugs* Hopefully it was just teething, as anything else would be quite worrisome.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @Jesf8312 I forget to mention my son get fever sometimes because of his allergies, when the come because of his allergies it's so bad. The first time he had one out of the blue I was going crazy trying to find out way until I saw the doctor and she told me the reason he had one and a family member of mine told me they get fevers also from allergies.

Sometimes fevers come without no reason until the doctor check and see what could be the issue.
    new.png
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Sorry I haven't posted here in a while.

I hope everyone here are okay, I am reading each post and I am sending hugs and support to those who need them. :)
  • Options
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't posted here in a while.

I hope everyone here are okay, I am reading each post and I am sending hugs and support to those who need them. :)

Hello @Clarkie100 :) I send big hugs to you <3 I hope that your healing after your surgery is going okay. I am keeping you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I've been reading this thread for a week or two. I had no clue it existed (nor the off topic forums for that matter... also just discovered there's a leaderboard) but it's nice to have this here. It's funny, it's like I just got a sign I should share this. I had been debating on sharing this but today or well, yesterday now, was difficult for me. These past few months have been actually. I guess I'll just start...

So I'll be 24 on Friday. It just hit me that I'll be 24 Friday. And I keep thinking that's one year from 25, which is 5 years from 30, and nothing has changed. And I don't know why. I mean, I know why nothing has changed, but I don't know why I can't make it change.

I'd say as far back as pre-school was when I started I always recall little feelings that something wasn't quite right. Something was off. I just remember still to this day back to the age of four these moments of sheer confusion and I didn't know why. I didn't understand why. It took me a while to get things, longer than it should because when I finally got it I'd think, 'It's so obvious! How did I not get that?' I was a quiet student, I wouldn't say a word unless someone spoke to me first. I didn't cause chaos so instead of saying what they'd say to any other student they felt was slacking off, I'd get a gentler approach. I need to focus. I'm not trying hard enough, and [insert a number of my teachers here] knows I'm smart. I'm lagging behind. I need to apply myself more. And that's the way it always was.

5th grade was different though. I think that was the first time I didn't feel like I was in a constant state of confusion. I got two teacher that actually got me on some level. I knew these two teacher at least understood that I needed more attention than most students. My new math teacher was more hands on, and he could see I was struggling and he'd try a different approach with me. He'd take out skittles and toothpicks and go through the lesson again. That was the only time I remember a moment of clarity and would be until art class in 9th grade. And in science class that teacher, she didn't quite get me, but she was happy to work with me, determined to keep me on track. She had me after school practically everyday with my mom organizing my binder and helping me with my missing or incomplete work. And I remember she was confused herself, because we could have me all straightened out Monday and Wednesday I'd be all out of sorts again.

I never had teachers like that again. And by 10th grade in high school I was just miserable and tired. I had thought what I felt and how I felt was normal in elementary school and that everyone else was just better at dealing with it. I'm doing something wrong. Because it's 10th grade, no one else seems to feel this way. So I'd be sitting in class wondering, 'What's the point? ... Why am I even here? I don't get it, I don't fit. I don't belong.' and so many times I was on the verge of tears and just getting up and walking out. I hated school, I didn't understand school. And I didn't like myself. I didn't understand myself. And then finally something shifted. And I just didn't care anymore. Not enough to try for myself. Where had that gotten me?

The feeling of misery and self loathing. Called out or up and told to apply myself or that I'm slacking off when I was trying my absolute hardest. Stuck after school with after school teacher tutoring and peer tutoring back to back with that same blank expression on my face. Fake smiles that hid frustration because teachers thought I was giving them excuses or stalling. Anger and frustration and headaches and tears. And from the moment of that shift, I was just flying on auto pilot. Most of my junior and senior years were a blur. I know I cheated on test and quizzes well enough to get myself C, then move up to B's and an A here or there. Credit recovery for the classes in which I did try and failed first semesters of was easy to cheat. All the answers were in the practice test if I took it at least 5 times before the real test and wrote down the Q's and A's. I didn't even care about finally walking across that stage and grabbing my diploma. 14 years (including pre-k) of confusion and misery turned to anger and all I got was a piece of paper metaphorically proving I made it, but to where?

By then I was over 21, I'd dropped out of college, I still lived at home, and I couldn't find a job so I had no money except for what my grandma gave me to "keep the fleas off." I felt like a complete loser and a failure. After my brief stint in community college and years of wondering why nothing was working for me, it had finally stuck in my mind that something was off, and I wasn't just different from most personality wise. I started typing in how I felt in Google using one or two word descriptions. Things I did that I found odd now, but never gave a second thought back then.

I cried when I first read about Inattentive ADHD. It felt like finally, finally someone understood. And with the help of my sister's case manager, helping me sign up for a program to be seen by a therapist, I got it confirmed. I know that people who have this type of ADHD are less likely to have it noticed, and that usually at around the age I am in life, that's when it really starts to be noticed, maybe even later and it can be coped with but I still feel like a failure and a loser. I don't know how to move on, I guess is what I'm saying. It's like in my head, I know what I should do, and what I need to do, but getting that out into action is just... it's like I'm paralyzed in fear. I didn't realize how much of an impact everything that I went through in school had on me. And I don't know how to get over that or let that go.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    I've been reading this thread for a week or two. I had no clue it existed (nor the off topic forums for that matter... also just discovered there's a leaderboard) but it's nice to have this here. It's funny, it's like I just got a sign I should share this. I had been debating on sharing this but today or well, yesterday now, was difficult for me. These past few months have been actually. I guess I'll just start...

So I'll be 24 on Friday. It just hit me that I'll be 24 Friday. And I keep thinking that's one year from 25, which is 5 years from 30, and nothing has changed. And I don't know why. I mean, I know why nothing has changed, but I don't know why I can't make it change.

I'd say as far back as pre-school was when I started I always recall little feelings that something wasn't quite right. Something was off. I just remember still to this day back to the age of four these moments of sheer confusion and I didn't know why. I didn't understand why. It took me a while to get things, longer than it should because when I finally got it I'd think, 'It's so obvious! How did I not get that?' I was a quiet student, I wouldn't say a word unless someone spoke to me first. I didn't cause chaos so instead of saying what they'd say to any other student they felt was slacking off, I'd get a gentler approach. I need to focus. I'm not trying hard enough, and [insert a number of my teachers here] knows I'm smart. I'm lagging behind. I need to apply myself more. And that's the way it always was.

5th grade was different though. I think that was the first time I didn't feel like I was in a constant state of confusion. I got two teacher that actually got me on some level. I knew these two teacher at least understood that I needed more attention than most students. My new math teacher was more hands on, and he could see I was struggling and he'd try a different approach with me. He'd take out skittles and toothpicks and go through the lesson again. That was the only time I remember a moment of clarity and would be until art class in 9th grade. And in science class that teacher, she didn't quite get me, but she was happy to work with me, determined to keep me on track. She had me after school practically everyday with my mom organizing my binder and helping me with my missing or incomplete work. And I remember she was confused herself, because we could have me all straightened out Monday and Wednesday I'd be all out of sorts again.

I never had teachers like that again. And by 10th grade in high school I was just miserable and tired. I had thought what I felt and how I felt was normal in elementary school and that everyone else was just better at dealing with it. I'm doing something wrong. Because it's 10th grade, no one else seems to feel this way. So I'd be sitting in class wondering, 'What's the point? ... Why am I even here? I don't get it, I don't fit. I don't belong.' and so many times I was on the verge of tears and just getting up and walking out. I hated school, I didn't understand school. And I didn't like myself. I didn't understand myself. And then finally something shifted. And I just didn't care anymore. Not enough to try for myself. Where had that gotten me?

The feeling of misery and self loathing. Called out or up and told to apply myself or that I'm slacking off when I was trying my absolute hardest. Stuck after school with after school teacher tutoring and peer tutoring back to back with that same blank expression on my face. Fake smiles that hid frustration because teachers thought I was giving them excuses or stalling. Anger and frustration and headaches and tears. And from the moment of that shift, I was just flying on auto pilot. Most of my junior and senior years were a blur. I know I cheated on test and quizzes well enough to get myself C, then move up to B's and an A here or there. Credit recovery for the classes in which I did try and failed first semesters of was easy to cheat. All the answers were in the practice test if I took it at least 5 times before the real test and wrote down the Q's and A's. I didn't even care about finally walking across that stage and grabbing my diploma. 14 years (including pre-k) of confusion and misery turned to anger and all I got was a piece of paper metaphorically proving I made it, but to where?

By then I was over 21, I'd dropped out of college, I still lived at home, and I couldn't find a job so I had no money except for what my grandma gave me to "keep the fleas off." I felt like a complete loser and a failure. After my brief stint in community college and years of wondering why nothing was working for me, it had finally stuck in my mind that something was off, and I wasn't just different from most personality wise. I started typing in how I felt in Google using one or two word descriptions. Things I did that I found odd now, but never gave a second thought back then.

I cried when I first read about Inattentive ADHD. It felt like finally, finally someone understood. And with the help of my sister's case manager, helping me sign up for a program to be seen by a therapist, I got it confirmed. I know that people who have this type of ADHD are less likely to have it noticed, and that usually at around the age I am in life, that's when it really starts to be noticed, maybe even later and it can be coped with but I still feel like a failure and a loser. I don't know how to move on, I guess is what I'm saying. It's like in my head, I know what I should do, and what I need to do, but getting that out into action is just... it's like I'm paralyzed in fear. I didn't realize how much of an impact everything that I went through in school had on me. And I don't know how to get over that or let that go.

Hello @ApparentlyAwesome . I send lots of big hugs to you! <3 Thankyou for sharing with us here on this thread about your life, your health, your experiences and your feelings as you have grown up through your life and schooling. It is good that you have written it down. It is helpful to your health issue that you wrote down your thoughts into words, and at the same time it helps you to express and release all the feelings that you have kept inside over the years. You have been through a lot of hard struggles through your life, as you needed to endure through how you were feeling, and not understanding why things happened as they did and other people's responses to you. I wish I could take away all the pain and confusion that you experienced over the years. I can't do that, but I can let you know that I care very much how you are feeling now. I can support you here whenever you would like to post. You are a very special person, who is loved by and is important to your loved ones, and you have a role to play in this world. We don't know what our future will hold, but there will be special things in your life ahead. With your health issues, you may need to approach situations differently to other people but everyone has their own ways of doing things. It is hard when what you have experienced over the years is affecting how you feel now. It is good that there has been a diagnosis given for your health issue and that you will have medical therapist help to assist and support you in your life as you live day by day with the ways inattentive ADHD affects your life. It would be good to talk over how you are feeling with the medical staff. They will be understanding, because they have helped many other people who have the same issues, concerns and feelings that you have. They will listen and help. Try to take one day at a time. Try to not look too far forward and let that concern you. Try to enjoy doing each day something that you enjoy doing. When you get concerned, listen to some music that you enjoy to try to calm your worried mind.
    I send more big hugs to you! <3 You are very welcome to post here anytime you would like to. We care about you.

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I am wondering If anyone is awake because I'll be up for most of the night. I have watched this thread from time to time and am amazed at the support @rosemow and other simmers provide. I send my best wishes to everyone experiencing a difficult time. Life is very hard at times.

I'm watching my kitten, finally sleep, after he had just returned from almost a week at the animal hospital. They now discovered he had asmtha and after a procedure to try and figure out his coughing fits, his lung collapsed and he went into severe respitory distress. They managed to heal the lung and he now has ventalin. We are supposed to be keeping him confined for the next 2 days. Boy did that not work, he was in his cat tent and he was screaming and climbling and throwing himself against the tent. If the whole idea is that he doesn't move too roughly or jump, then we were failing miserably. So I took him into the bedroom. Bought both cats in, but no the kitten wants to play so have to eject other cat, who is now depressed at his ejection. Sigh. Kitten is moving around but is less distressed and not as active.

So the risk is that the lungs don't have much scar tissue and could pop again, hence trying to keep him quite and give it more time to heal. So I will be awake for ages doing this. Just let other cat in, as he was wailing. Now he is out again. Fun times.

They say my kitten should have died, so we are very lucky that he didn't. But boy I am tired. Everything is getting a bit on top of me. A few weeks ago I had a major flare up of my connective tissue disorder and I've been off work for several weeks. It was a new transfer too and I really wanted it to go well. It doesn't go well when you have weeks off work.

This is the second cat who has had a major Illness. My other boy had megacolon and had to have his colon removed. He is doing pretty well now though. I really do love my cats though.

Well thanks for listening.
  • Options
    cherpar wrote: »
    I am wondering If anyone is awake because I'll be up for most of the night. I have watched this thread from time to time and am amazed at the support @rosemow and other simmers provide. I send my best wishes to everyone experiencing a difficult time. Life is very hard at times.

I'm watching my kitten, finally sleep, after he had just returned from almost a week at the animal hospital. They now discovered he had asmtha and after a procedure to try and figure out his coughing fits, his lung collapsed and he went into severe respitory distress. They managed to heal the lung and he now has ventalin. We are supposed to be keeping him confined for the next 2 days. Boy did that not work, he was in his cat tent and he was screaming and climbling and throwing himself against the tent. If the whole idea is that he doesn't move too roughly or jump, then we were failing miserably. So I took him into the bedroom. Bought both cats in, but no the kitten wants to play so have to eject other cat, who is now depressed at his ejection. Sigh. Kitten is moving around but is less distressed and not as active.

So the risk is that the lungs don't have much scar tissue and could pop again, hence trying to keep him quite and give it more time to heal. So I will be awake for ages doing this. Just let other cat in, as he was wailing. Now he is out again. Fun times.

They say my kitten should have died, so we are very lucky that he didn't. But boy I am tired. Everything is getting a bit on top of me. A few weeks ago I had a major flare up of my connective tissue disorder and I've been off work for several weeks. It was a new transfer too and I really wanted it to go well. It doesn't go well when you have weeks off work.

This is the second cat who has had a major Illness. My other boy had megacolon and had to have his colon removed. He is doing pretty well now though. I really do love my cats though.

It must be late at night for you, because it's 10 am here. XD I'm sorry about your cats, though, and your job. A year or so ago, my parents had to put our cat down because we couldn't afford to treat her red blood cell disease, so I kind of feel you there. We have a new cat now, though, and sometimes she's just a pain in the buttox. But, to be honest, I'm more of a dog person anyways. XD
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

It must be late at night for you, because it's 10 am here. XD I'm sorry about your cats, though, and your job. A year or so ago, my parents had to put our cat down because we couldn't afford to treat her red blood cell disease, so I kind of feel you there. We have a new cat now, though, and sometimes she's just a pain in the buttox. But, to be honest, I'm more of a dog person anyways. XD

Yes it's 2.35am. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Medical care for pets is very expensive. This time around we had pet insurance. Our bill is already in to the several thousands of dollars. Sometimes we mesh with more pets than others. Dogs are great companions though too.
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome

Obviously, for you, school just wasn't your topic of interest, and if you're anything like me, then my advice to you is to find what really interests you. For example, if you REALLY like animals, turn your focus to something involved with animals. Or if you like thermochemistry, turn to that. It's got to be something you're interested in. For me, it's writing and role playing. It's possible that might be where you want to take your life in the career field of the world. But, we're all different, so I can't for sure say that this advice will in fact help you.

When I was younger, I struggled with either ADD or ADHD (not sure which one it is that I have. I THINK it was ADHD that might have evolved a little bit. I used to be a very active energetic kid that literally used to bounce off the walls and needed medication to function properly. Now, I prefer to sit in front of my computer all day long XD). My mom had me tested at a VERY young age, which is why I always knew I was different from everybody else. Either way, I struggled focusing on something, and even today I find myself zoning out sometimes. Two days ago I had my senior pictures taken. I was told to stand in front of a tree because my mom liked the tree and wanted pictures of me by it. Simple task, right? I got distracted by how tall the tree was and how pretty this view of these leaves were and this pretty white butterfly in the distance and the ants crawling across the trunk of the tree... I've found a way to keep myself focused by putting all my energy and attention into what I'm doing, like a hyper-focus or something. I have to be really interested in the topic at hand for it to work, though.

Thankfully, my problem has become a lot easier to manage -- I don't need to "hyper-focus" nearly as often anymore. Hopefully you can find a way to manage your ADHD.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Yes it's 2.35am. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Medical care for pets is very expensive. This time around we had pet insurance. Our bill is already in to the several thousands of dollars. Sometimes we mesh with more pets than others. Dogs are great companions though too.
    *hugs* It's alright -- I've gotten over it. Yeah, I've heard it's very expensive. Then throw in six kids with tons of medical problems and two overweight adults, one of which has diabetes and the other with asthma to all those bills... It gets expensive real fast in this house. XD Two of the kids moved out, though...
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    @cherpar :( Sad to read that your kitten was in distress. Poor kitty. Also, I hope things will turn out fine for you, as well. It's not fun to miss out on so much work, but hopefully they will understand and not let you go.

@ApparentlyAwesome I'm very glad that you're able to figure out what you had been dealing with for all of those years. You have a lot of support here and there are others who have an understanding of what you're going through and have been through.

Sending positive thoughts and hugs to everyone today. Hoping that you all have a good day and if you're having a bad day, I hope that there will be something that will help you smile even if it is brief. Hang in there. <3
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top