Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I've not had a chance to check in...my daughter was injured on Wednesday. The poor baby was being cast for orthotics and they forgot to put a barrier in. The cast saw cut/burned her leg. She had to have stitches. She's only 19 months old! I would share a picture of the injury but It's kinda graphic so I won't. Just say prayers for her please. She's healing up nicely but can still use the prayers.

Hello @SimplyEnchanted I am sorry to hear about the injury to your daughter. It would have been very painful for her! It is not good that she had to have stitches, and she is very young so it would have made the experience hard for both her and for you as you saw her in pain. I will keep her, yourself and your family in my thoughts and prayers. It is good that she is healing nicely, and I hope that the healing continues to go well.
    Sending big hugs to you and to your daughter <3

Thank you so much!

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Sorry for the one post, I'm a bit unwell at the moment.

I hope everyone here are okay, I am thinking of you all, and sending everyone hugs. :):heart:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

I hope everyone here are okay, I am thinking of you all, and sending everyone hugs. :):heart:

Hello @Clarkie100 I am sorry to hear that you are unwell. I hope that you feel a bit better very soon. Sending special thoughts and big hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I love the support and empathy that this thread has.. <3
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    This is a little personal, but me and my husband have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. We have been trying to give her a sibling for eight months now, and it's just not working. It's extremely saddening and depressing at times. I look at her and think what a wonderful sister she'd make. I'm putting my trust in God, but it still gets difficult.
  • Options
    This is a little personal, but me and my husband have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. We have been trying to give her a sibling for eight months now, and it's just not working. It's extremely saddening and depressing at times. I look at her and think what a wonderful sister she'd make. I'm putting my trust in God, but it still gets difficult.

Hello @Olivesplum06 I send hugs to you <3 It is a hard time for you as you would like to have a little sibling for your precious daughter. Your love for her shines like sunlight through the words that you have written. Perhaps at just the right time you will have another child. I so hope that you will be able to have another child. If your life's pathway doesn't lead to another sibling for your daughter, it is very precious and lovely that you have her.
    I will keep you in my thoughts. Thankyou very much for sharing with us what you are going through in your life. I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

Hello @Clarkie100 I am sorry to hear that you are unwell. I hope that you feel a bit better very soon. Sending special thoughts and big hugs to you <3

Thank you for your support @rosemow I am sending you hugs back. :heart:
  • Options

Praying for you! <3 It will happen! Just keep believing and trusting!

• Options
    Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) I am thinking of you as you prepare to take your children to see the Rheumatologist on Monday. I hope that the traveling there and back goes well, and that the appointment will be helpful in the treatment of your children's health issues.
    I hope that the healing of your 19 month old daughter's injury is going well.
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    Desirai wrote: »
    Well the nurse came in today and told us that blood flow is beginning to slow to his extremities. This means that the body is preparing to die.. it stops blood flow to parts of the body that aren't necessary for survival. At this point, his brain deems only his internal organs are necessary.

The nurse told us that he is fighting it and holding on for some reason, even though he has told us he is ready to go to heaven to be with his wife and momma.

I took 3 days off from work and now I guess we just wait..

It's very hard, I watched my husband die at the hospital.
    new.png
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member

I'm sorry to hear about that. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope that one day you can have the second child that you want <3
  • Options
    Hi all! :)

Stopping by to wish you all a wonderful day with many smiles!

I'm pretty stressed at the moment; uni is a bit crazy with assignments right now...

Particularly concerned about the assignment that we only get 2 weeks to do because it is a big one! Worth 50% and needs 2500 words and a big portion of it is original research, a historical investigation D: Doing the research alone should take a few weeks but I guess I'm going to have to do a less detailed investigation...I just need to get through the next two weeks of uni and things will calm down though :) Wish me luck, haha!
  • Options

I'm pretty stressed at the moment; uni is a bit crazy with assignments right now...

Particularly concerned about the assignment that we only get 2 weeks to do because it is a big one! Worth 50% and needs 2500 words and a big portion of it is original research, a historical investigation D: Doing the research alone should take a few weeks but I guess I'm going to have to do a less detailed investigation...I just need to get through the next two weeks of uni and things will calm down though :) Wish me luck, haha!

Oooh, that sounds interesting! Whatcha researching? I hope it all goes well!

• Options
    Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) I am thinking of you as you prepare to take your children to see the Rheumatologist on Monday. I hope that the traveling there and back goes well, and that the appointment will be helpful in the treatment of your children's health issues.
    Sending hugs to you <3

Thank you so much! <3 I'm getting a little nervous! Updating the gps and making sure all the forms are filled out. I'll update as soon as I can but my girls have a violin recital tomorrow as well so it might be late!

The wound on my daughter's leg is looking much better. This was it yesterday, it looks much better today! I'm using essential oils to heal it. the white you see was her salve. Before it was very red and angry. I'll try to get an updated pic today to show how much better it looks. I can't remember if I said what happened. She was having a cast removed and the cast saw cut and burned her. This was it on day two

• Options

Hello @XxHannelorexX :) Your research assignment sounds like it is quite a big one! I will keep you in my thoughts as you do the research and write the assignment. It is a stressful time for you, when you know that there is a deadline approaching. Try to get some rest and sleep as well, to keep your mind and body going okay in the midst of your uni work. You would be needing to do work for your other uni subjects too, so you are under stress in your studies. Also try to have some breaks, to do things that you like doing, even if just for a little while, then you can return to the uni work refreshed and renewed.
    Sending big hugs to you ! <3 I will be thinking of you. Please let us know how your assignment and other uni studies are going.
  • Options
    Sending hugs to you <3

Thank you so much! <3 I'm getting a little nervous! Updating the gps and making sure all the forms are filled out. I'll update as soon as I can but my girls have a violin recital tomorrow as well so it might be late!

The wound on my daughter's leg is looking much better. This was it yesterday, it looks much better today! I'm using essential oils to heal it. the white you see was her salve. Before it was very red and angry. I'll try to get an updated pic today to show how much better it looks. I can't remember if I said what happened. She was having a cast removed and the cast saw cut and burned her. This was it on day two

Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) The wound looks very sore! It would have been so very painful for your daughter. It looks like it is healing well, so that is good. Essential oils are helpful in healing wounds.
    I am continuing to think of you and your family as you prepare for the appointment . Sending big hugs to you! <3
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member

It'll happen. My sister and brother-in-law tried for a while to give my niece a younger sibling, then her baby brother was born on her birthday! Don't give up hope :)

tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options

It's an investigation on change and continuity regarding a local church :) I would usually be very interested in this topic but having such a short amount of time to research AND write up the thing means that I probably won't enjoy it at all, sadly XD Ah well.
  • Options

Hello @XxHannelorexX :) Your research assignment sounds like it is quite a big one! I will keep you in my thoughts as you do the research and write the assignment. It is a stressful time for you, when you know that there is a deadline approaching. Try to get some rest and sleep as well, to keep your mind and body going okay in the midst of your uni work. You would be needing to do work for your other uni subjects too, so you are under stress in your studies. Also try to have some breaks, to do things that you like doing, even if just for a little while, then you can return to the uni work refreshed and renewed.
    Sending big hugs to you ! <3 I will be thinking of you. Please let us know how your assignment and other uni studies are going.

Thank you, rosemow <3 Those are very helpful tips :)
  • Options

It's an investigation on change and continuity regarding a local church :) I would usually be very interested in this topic but having such a short amount of time to research AND write up the thing means that I probably won't enjoy it at all, sadly XD Ah well.
    I hear ya! Never nice to be rushed :disappointed:

• Options
    Hey all! Well, the rheumatologist didn't give us an official diagnosis (need the geneticist for that) but he thinks there's a high probability of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and confirmed hypermobility in five of my six children.

While we didn't get an official diagnosis, what we did get was letters sent to their pediatrician, referrals for PT for the other two girls (omg, five kids in therapy?!) and letters sent to the geneticist urging her to see all the kids at once since it helped him see the big picture.
  • Options
    Hey all! Well, the rheumatologist didn't give us an official diagnosis (need the geneticist for that) but he thinks there's a high probability of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and confirmed hypermobility in five of my six children.

While we didn't get an official diagnosis, what we did get was letters sent to their pediatrician, referrals for PT for the other two girls (omg, five kids in therapy?!) and letters sent to the geneticist urging her to see all the kids at once since it helped him see the big picture.

Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) Thankyou for letting us know how you got on with your appointment with the Rheumatologist. It is good that he has written letters to your children's paediatrician to explain his findings, and that he has arranged referrals so as your other daughters can have physical therapy as well. The treatment will help them with their condition. It is good that he will write to the geneticist to encourage her to see all your children at once. With genetics, it helps to have an understanding of all the family and to see how the condition affects each of your children. It will be good when you can see the geneticist and have a diagnosis confirmed.
    You and your family will feel tired after your big day of seeing the doctor. Medical appointments can be tiring, as you may feel a bit concerned leading up to the appointment and travelling there and back as well. I hope that you can all get some good sleep tonight.
    Sending warm thoughts :) and a hug to you <3
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hello to everyone. xx I hope you are doing better and life isn't so hectic. I haven't been able to catch up and read on it all but I do hope situations for everyone has gotten better. I am sending big hugs to you all. xxx <3

I haven't been on here very much, I became very ill and I was worried for a while there. I have secondary Raynauds and the symptoms are horrible, the cold hates me now as much as my body hates it and its just a terrible thing to have. I have lost half of two toes over it, it can get very nasty and the all over body pain is horrendous. Put that on top of a nerve condition too and OH boy does it get out of hand sometimes. I am better now, just taking it easy and resting a lot at the moment.
    I have been busy also trying to get myself educated more on advocating and have had some success with it. The support I am getting is great and as time goes by I am hoping to make a huge impact.
    Michaels untimely death left me devastated not only emotionally but also financially. Myself and my 3 children are so lost right now and I get so sick I cannot even keep a job to pay for it all. I had to set up a fundraising campaign with Gofundme and with @rosemow permission I am allowed to post the link here. I will say there is no obligation to anything, just putting the link out there is good enough for me. It's also for raising awareness for people with mental health issues and other issues and I want to educate the police more here they need it. xx

http://www.gofundme.com/rx9jmk
    This link contains information and a direct link to my page for Michael.

Thank you @rosemow for allowing me to post the link here. xx <3 I appreciate it so much. *HUGS*

I have said this before, but I am so glad you have this thread rose it helped me through my darkest hours after losing Michael and the lead up to it. You are one amazing lady. <3 xx
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    I am having a hard time accessing the sims 3 website. I always have issues on trying to get on it. As for real life, i am disabled, so playing games is about the only thing i can do for fun.
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top